PDA

View Full Version : Famous Dave's

tjus77
12-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm near Nashville today, wanted to go downtown to Jack's Bar BQ, but got lazy and tried Famous Dave's. UGH, I think he boils his ribs and brisket. Absolutely the most bland bar bq I've tasted. Had some interesting sauces though, had to add flavor some how. Waitress was nice and friendly as I have found most people here in TN.

Those brethren in TN, salute to the hospitality this Texas boy got this week. Had lots of fun in Lynchburg, our guide was a riot. Bar BQ judge on some of the OLN BBQ challenges (I knew I had seen him somewhere before).

Waiting for our plan to get here to take us home.... delays delays delays.

Plowboy
12-07-2007, 09:44 PM
The catfish fingers are good.

Jaberwabee
12-07-2007, 09:51 PM
I like the Texas Pit sauce, the food on the other hand not to much of a fan.

vr6Cop
12-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Too bad you didn't stop in Nolensville (just south of Nashville) instead. You could've had some really good Q.

Did you stop at the FD's in Smyrna, right off I-24, or in Cool Springs off of I-65?

Like Plowboy said, I stick with the catfish fingers. I like their sweet cornbread muffins too. And their sauces are pretty good.

tjus77
12-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Yes the texas pit sauce was good. I went to the Smyrna one. We almost stopped in Nolensville, we took the scenic route home from Lynchburg (my wife can't read a map for $#%&. The people were really nice in TN, only one bad experience. We walked into a resturant (some bar and grill in downtown, semi-fancy looking). Waited about 4 minutes for someone to seat us, wasn't busy, as we turned to walk out, the manager, wave for us to come in and just sit down (I had been watching him flirt with one of the waitresses). I told him, no thanks, if he didn't want us, then we didn't want to be there. Walked a couple of blocks down to Joe's Crab Shack... I was kinda hungry for seafood anyways (got seated and was served tea in under 4 minutes!).

But otherwise, I have to say that was one of the best vacations I've had in a long time.

ipls3355
12-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Around here, Famous Dave's and Buffalo Wild Wings is as good as it gets for BBQ restaraunts. If I knew anything about running a restaurant, I'd be on it like flies on chit. There is even the perfect building for sale downtown for a place.

peculiarmike
12-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Around here, Famous Dave's and Buffalo Wild Wings is as good as it gets for BBQ restaraunts. If I knew anything about running a restaurant, I'd be on it like flies on chit. There is even the perfect building for sale downtown for a place.

You do not want ANYTHING to do with operating a restaurant. What a pain in the arse. :mad:

River City Smokehouse
12-08-2007, 04:50 PM
After reading this thread I went to the grocery store and bought a bottle of the Texas Pit BBq Sauce. I did not really care for it. I like to try other sauces and this one I had always stayed away from for some reason. I think mostly because it wasn't a 'mecca sauce'(new term). Are the other flavors close to the same or?