PDA

View Full Version : Detroit to Memphis

lazybonesmoke1
12-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Well I have just decided to close up shop for two weeks. It is the slowest time of year for us and we had a very busy summer. I've been thinking of where to go for a vacation and decided I would take the family on a BBQ quest into Memphis. I am driving from Detroit and headed down to Memphis. Anyone know any cool pit stops on the way down there?

Swinebuck
12-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Deni: How will you be comming down? If you come down I-55 or I-57 try Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston MO. Everyone needs to experinance throwed rolls once in their lives. Take my advice order the least expensive thing on the menu. They will come by and refill your plate with all different types of food untill you cry uncle. It was voted best place in America to Pig Out on the Food Chanel. After you get here to Memphis there are lots of places. We do have BBQ but there are other things too. Welcome to Memphis.
Thanks
Mike
Swinebucks

lazybonesmoke1
12-05-2007, 01:42 PM
I think we are going to go down thru nashville then over to memphis. These are some cities I want to hit on the way down, Cincinnati, Louisville, Lexington, Nashville, Memphis and maybe Little Rock.

Swinebuck
12-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Don't forget TUNICA! There is a slot machine there just waiting for you.
Thanks
Mike
Swinebuck

Roo-B-Q'N
12-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Layzybones, we were in Memphis Last New Years and ate BBQ 2 of the three meals every night. Here is the thread that went around lasst year. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22517&highlight=memphis

Have a great time Brother and do not pass up the chance to try Central BBQ. They rock!

rbinms33
12-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Central BBQ is a good one. The BBQ Shop on Madison is another one you shouldn't miss either.

Swinebuck
12-06-2007, 12:56 PM
This is a link to BBQ in Memphis I hope this helps. Yazoo's is listed. I have not been to the restaurant but I judged the BBQ Team. They were great. They are #2 in the MBN standing winning lots of contests.
http://www.yellowpages.com/Memphis-TN/Barbecue-Restaurants?search_terms=RESTAURANTS&original_geo_location_terms=MEMPHIS
Thanks
Mike
Swinebuck

lazybonesmoke1
12-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! I think I have Memphis figured out. I need help on the other cities though. Cincinnati, Louisville, Lexington, and Nashville.