PDA

View Full Version : Edneyville, NC anyone?

vr6Cop
11-29-2007, 10:03 AM
I've got to go to some training in Edneyville, NC in February. It's in Western NC, southeast of Asheville off of I-26 and northeast of the Hendersonville-Flat Rock area.

I'm sure there are plenty of dives around there that probably make some of the best Q I'll ever eat, but are there any in particular that I should be looking for? :confused:

I've been told that the area is not the best for nightlife or other recreation, so I was hoping to at least get some good Q while I was there. :cool:

Smokin Gator
11-29-2007, 02:29 PM
There is one in Brevard that is not bad at all. It is not a dive though. Nice little very clean place. They will ask you whether you want your sammie or plate eastern or western style. I usually get eastern on the side. All I have had is their PP but the ribs did look good. I think they had beef and sausage as well.

I am pretty sure the name of the place is Hog Heaven... I definitely has hog in the name. It is right at the entrance to the national forest.

I've got to go to some training in Edneyville, NC in February. It's in Western NC, southeast of Asheville off of I-26 and northeast of the Hendersonville-Flat Rock area.

I'm sure there are plenty of dives around there that probably make some of the best Q I'll ever eat, but are there any in particular that I should be looking for? :confused:

I've been told that the area is not the best for nightlife or other recreation, so I was hoping to at least get some good Q while I was there. :cool:

bittertruth
11-30-2007, 02:59 PM
I wish i could help you. I don't get to that part of the state very often.

RichardF
12-06-2007, 06:07 PM
About 45 minutes east in Shelby is Bridges Barbecue. Well know and respected NC Q joint. Here's a map of the trail, not much up in that area

http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail_map.html