PDA

View Full Version : Mexican BBQ

Pig Headed
11-27-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm currently in the Riveria Maya area of Mexico just north of Playa Del Carmen. I found this roadside pit and had to stop. They had a brick pit with the remains of a pig and some chickens on at the time. We ordered two orders of pork. Not bad, but too much fat mixed in with it. Came with tortilla shells, black beans, rice,salsa and some type of juices.

Arlin_MacRae
11-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Looks good!

Bigmista
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I've been to PLaya Del Carmen. Are you on your way to Cancun?

Sledneck
11-27-2007, 04:31 PM
you know your a brethren when.......

WannaBeBBQueen
11-27-2007, 07:34 PM
wow too cool...we stay in that area almost every year, I'll have to check it out, off the main strip?

Plowboy
11-27-2007, 07:41 PM
you know your a brethren when.......

You stop at a Mexican roadside pit for Pig On A Stick.

Pig Headed
11-28-2007, 10:54 AM
wow too cool...we stay in that area almost every year, I'll have to check it out, off the main strip?

It´s on the main road between Peurto Mueralos and Playa Del Carmen, on the left side as your headin towards Playa Del Carmen. The building color is amerillo? (yellow).:-P My wife did get on me, saying only you could be doing 100 and see a pig on a spit. They did look at me kind of funny as I took pics.

BTW, she´s sick as a dog. I don´t think it was the pig, ´cause we both ate it and I feel fine.

Sledneck
11-28-2007, 11:25 AM
did she drink the water

leanza
11-28-2007, 09:03 PM
BTW, she´s sick as a dog. I don´t think it was the pig, ´cause we both ate it and I feel fine.

Maybe she got the part of the pig that hung off to the side for awhile?

biffleg
11-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Looks like they need a visit from the:

http://www.wbrnashville.com/album_image/125.jpg

:lol:

leanza
11-29-2007, 11:06 PM
I don't think she got sick because of the food...Look at those sticks the meat are on, they look real clean. I heard that in Mexico they have the strongest saftey regulations in the continental U.S. They use bleach and everything.

SmokeInDaEye
11-30-2007, 09:31 AM
I'd hit that. Dirty stick and all.

CajunSmoker
11-30-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm currently in the Riveria Maya area of Mexico just north of Playa Del Carmen. I found this roadside pit and had to stop. They had a brick pit with the remains of a pig and some chickens on at the time. We ordered two orders of pork. Not bad, but too much fat mixed in with it. Came with tortilla shells, black beans, rice,salsa and some type of juices.

Never blame the meat, it's always the juices that cause all the problems:rolleyes:

Pig Headed
12-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Well, I'm back from Mexico. Good thinking Rodger, but I ate the juices,the wife didn't eat any of the juices. She was pretty sick for about 2 1/2 days but alls well now. Stil don't know what caused it though.

Back to the bbq. What we got that wasn't fat was good, but about 1/2 or more was fat and then some crispy skin (cracklins?). Sure would have like some more meat. I would try it again though and request less fat. It was an interesting set up.