PDA

View Full Version : Weber Grill - The restaurant

Leeper
11-09-2007, 04:36 PM
www.webergrillrestaurant.com (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/www.webergrillrestaurant.com)

Anyone been to one?

Currently spending the weekend in IND visiting some of my wife's college friends. Checked into the hotel and looked out the window to see a 25 foot red kettle hanging off the side of the building. Should I make a stop or is it just a marketing thing.

Wonder if they have a bunch of ranch kettles in back, hmmmm

Azinine
11-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Haven't been but I've seen a feature about them on FoodTV. They do indeed have a bunch of ranch kettles but not in the back. They put them right behind a counter so the you can see them at work. Looks pretty cool.

By the way, the link you posted isn't working.

thenewguy
11-09-2007, 04:55 PM
We ate at the one in chi town. Wasn't impressed.

Norcoredneck
11-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Hope food is better than the link :biggrin:.

smokinbadger
11-09-2007, 05:02 PM
We ate at the one in downtown Chicago last year. It was OK food and the atmosphere is pretty cool, what with the large Weber grills they cook on. I think my ribs are better, though...

Leeper
11-09-2007, 05:45 PM
OK - the link worked when I added it but now it is dead.

Google gives the same link and it goes nowhere as well.

must be server issues.....

Ron_L
11-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Don't go for the Q. Order their grilled stuff instead. As Azinine said, the ranch kettles are in front and you can watch them cook if you want. I tried the ribs once and they are OK, but not great. The pulled pork and brisket are decent, but we all can do better at home. They do a good job on burgers and steaks and some of their specials are very good.

Not cheap, however.

Single Fin Smoker
11-09-2007, 07:26 PM
My wife visits the one in Chi-town once a year. She said the same thing RonL said.

Azinine
11-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Don't go for the Q. Order their grilled stuff instead. As Azinine said, the ranch kettles are in front and you can watch them cook if you want. I tried the ribs once and they are OK, but not great. The pulled pork and brisket are decent, but we all can do better at home. They do a good job on burgers and steaks and some of their specials are very good.

Not cheap, however.

Yikes! I didn't even realize that they tried to serve Q.

As frenetic as those guys looked on TV I wouldn't have imagined that they attempted to sell anything that should be cooked low & slow. I just assumed that they sold a lot of burgers and steaks...

Spydermike72
11-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey Leeper,
Like RonL said. I have been to the one in Oak Brook (I think I got the town right) a few times and the steaks and chops are really good. It is a great smelling restaruant as all of the Kettles are right out in the open with the coals burning. The Q is below par, but the Grilled items are pretty tasty. And as a few other folks have said, it aint cheap...

n-2-que
11-10-2007, 10:04 AM
we ate at the one in Chi town , i agree the atmosphere was great first thing you see is the weber grills when you walk in, the food was decent but not as good as we can do ourselves. they did give us a comp packet of seasoning which we used on ribeyes and was really good flavor. i wouldnt write home to maw about it but would eat there again

Ron_L
11-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Oh yeah... if you're looking for a place to spend too much money on a meal, I recommend the St. Elmo Steakhouse (http://www.stelmos.com/). It's not a cheap place, but the food is fantastic! Their shrimp cocktail is almost a meal in itself and the cocktail sauce is home made and pretty hot!

NCGrimbo
11-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Since Ron is the Chicago native, you need to give his opinion of the Weber Grill in Chicago a lot of weight. If that doesn't convine you, I'll add my opinion. It's a decent grilled food resturnat. It is not a BBQ joint. If you order ribs or pulled pork, you will get the save level of food that you get from an Applebee's or Friday's chain style resturant.

Now, if you want to eat some grilled food, it's not to bad. You can definately taste that the food was cooked over coals and not on a hot plate. The atmosphere is pretty cool to see all the HUGE grills they use. They have different grills set to different temps and will move food from one to another based on how it needs to be cooked. I enjoyed the meal I had there 2 years ago in Chicago.

NCGrimbo

Bill-Chicago
11-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Don't forget about if you want to pay a chit load of money for grilled food.

I don't care for it (Lombard location only visit)

Wife likes the salad.