PDA

View Full Version : Corky's BBQ--

h2o
11-08-2007, 05:09 PM
We just got back from a short trip to Gatlinburg,Tn. and noticed that there was a Corky's BBQ there so i had to try it. I have a customer of mine that just raves about Corky's ribs in Memphis .
WOW. What a dissapointment! The ribs were horrible. They tasted and looked like they were boiled. There was no smoke flavor and the texture of the meat was strange. Years ago i purchased some ribs from the store that were from i believe Denmark that tasted very strange. these ribs from Corky's reminded me of that. Is this par for the course from Corky's ?
i do not understand what the big deal is about this BBQ joint

CajunSmoker
11-08-2007, 05:11 PM
We had one here for about a year, I noticed yesterday the building was remodeled and the new place is called Hawg Wild BBQ.

I never cared for the Corky's stuff either.

CritterCook
11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
I've eaten it also. Never liked it or their sauce. Those commercial est. just can't compare to competition Q.

BBQ Guy
11-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Having lived in Memphis in the mid-80's, I remembered Corky's as THE place to eat. I was in Lexington, KY back last fall and went to the Corky's there. I ordered the full slab of dry ribs. Um, one word...BOILED! When I asked them about it, they denied it, stating that the ribs were smoked on site. Anybody that knows BBQ would see through that BS in a NY minute. FF to this spring when I was back in Memphis on some business - I just had to go to the original store over on Poplar. Very disappointed. They brought me a slab that had been sitting under a heat lamp. Not very likely that I will ever be back...now I am looking for another rib joint in Memphis.

CajunSmoker
11-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Having lived in Memphis in the mid-80's, I remembered Corky's as THE place to eat. I was in Lexington, KY back last fall and went to the Corky's there. I ordered the full slab of dry ribs. Um, one word...BOILED! When I asked them about it, they denied it, stating that the ribs were smoked on site. Anybody that knows BBQ would see through that BS in a NY minute. FF to this spring when I was back in Memphis on some business - I just had to go to the original store over on Poplar. Very disappointed. They brought me a slab that had been sitting under a heat lamp. Not very likely that I will ever be back...now I am looking for another rib joint in Memphis.

The Rondezvous or Interstate BBQ either one would do.