PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Meat and BBQ Fest

The Pigman
11-01-2007, 03:27 PM
A beautiful fall day in Nelsonville, Ohio at The Ohio Meat and BBQ Fest. They came by cars and trains.....

Dallas and Jim will have to supply names to pics PLEASE.........

The Pigman
11-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Also if anyone knows how to contact Up In Smoke I would like to know where they got their canopy.

Big Mike
11-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Pictures 1 & 2 are Fran and Judy from Frying Pan

Pics 3, 5, and 10 are me and my wife Peggy (Eagle River Barbecue)

Pic 4 of Up in Smoke (I can't remember his name)

pic 6 is Buddy (getta que)

pics 7, 8, and 9 are Dallas and his son (can't remember his name)

Roger, ya should of said hi. If I remember right, they had a King Kanopy. I have seen them at Sams and sometimes at Wal Mart.

rookiedad
11-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Also if anyone knows how to contact Up In Smoke I would like to know where they got their canopy.

i got a similar one in pep boys. we didn't put the sides on it but i don't think it had the windows.

phil

Double D's BBQ
11-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Nice pics Roger, thanks for posting!

Mike, my son's name is Dan, he is the other half of the Double D's.

The weather was perfect. I actually got a sun burn in late October at Nelsonville. Who'd of believed it?:-D

willkat98
11-01-2007, 07:45 PM

Is he (was he) outta Alabama in 2006?

We have a member here, that has not been on in over a year, but you can click the "Send Email to Up In Smoke" in his profile, I tested and this user allows emails.

Never hurts to ask him if its the same guy:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/member.php?u=2674

Big Mike
11-01-2007, 07:50 PM
He is from just east of Columbus Ohio

swamprb
11-02-2007, 04:24 AM
Nice pics Roger! Where was this located? Noticed the railcars on a siding, looks like a nice place!

Rolling Smoke
11-02-2007, 04:48 AM
Brian, the comp takes place on the grounds of Hocking College in Nelsonville, OH. The cars you see in the background are passenger cars which are part of the Hocking Valley Scenic Railroad. A funny side story to that is a couple of boys escaped a juvenile detention center last year and tried to getaway by stealing the train. They got it started up okay and managed to get up to speed with it but I don't think they considered the fact that their escape routes were limited (as well as obvious to anyone who might have been chasing them).

The Pigman
11-02-2007, 01:29 PM
I would have but I picked the time to show up at turn in time and everyone was busy turning in their boxes........I was with candy and another couple that were up there for the week and alot of plans so didnt get to spend much time. If you saw a long hair white dog American Eskimo I was the one attached to him.........

Pictures 1 & 2 are Fran and Judy from Frying Pan

Pics 3, 5, and 10 are me and my wife Peggy (Eagle River Barbecue)

Pic 4 of Up in Smoke (I can't remember his name)

pic 6 is Buddy (getta que)

pics 7, 8, and 9 are Dallas and his son (can't remember his name)

Roger, ya should of said hi. If I remember right, they had a King Kanopy. I have seen them at Sams and sometimes at Wal Mart.