PDA

View Full Version : Nor Cal Bash Update

BBQ Grail
10-11-2007, 11:02 AM
The Nor Cal Bash is being held Oct 26th & 27th at the West Sacramento, California KOA Campground.

Your hosts, Larry (trp1fox), Jason (jtfisher63) and John (yelonutz) invite anyone to attend that would like to come.

There are plenty of Brethren in the area and if you can only come out for the day or a couple of hours on Saturday then please do so.

The menu includes:
Homemade Chorizo and eggs for Saturday Breakfast

Saturday Grub:
Brisket
Pork Butt
Ribs
Beans
Slaw
ABTs
Fatties
Smoked Bologna
We are also planning to come up with some unusual and inventive way to prepare Spam.

John is planning to bring along his new Gator pit and we are going to help him learn how to cook with it. There will also be a UDS building party. (Yeah! I'm getting a UDS out of this whole thing)

If you are planning to attend in any way, shape or form please let me know.

yelonutz
10-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Just a bump to the top to see if anybody else is showing up. Don't miss it !.

jtfisher63
10-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Well, it looks like the weather is going to be perfect. Highs around 70 with lows around 46 with plenty of sunshine!:-D

bbqjoe
10-19-2007, 12:19 PM
I'll be there in spirit.

Chuckwagonbbqco
10-22-2007, 09:32 AM
I will be there Saturday early or maybe even Friday late. I can bring dutch ovens for biscuits on Saturday morning. Let me know and I can bring some food grade drums for your UDS build off.

BBQ Grail
10-22-2007, 09:34 AM
I will be there Saturday early or maybe even Friday late. I can bring dutch ovens for biscuits on Saturday morning. Let me know and I can bring some food grade drums for your UDS build off.
Sounds great! We will see you on Saturday.

Welcome to our other home. Make sure you make your way over to "Cattle Call" and introduce yourself to the rest of the gang.

jtfisher63
10-22-2007, 10:00 AM

Good to see that you'll be able to make it Leonard.

Brauma
10-22-2007, 04:11 PM
I'll be there in spirit.

Same here. I'll be somewhere on the AT - Appalachian Trail, totally incommunicado. Just the way I like it.

I'll raise my rum flask to you Nor Cal smokers Friday night. Have fun.

yelonutz
10-22-2007, 08:18 PM
And I will raise my bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale back to ya my friend! John.

yelonutz
10-22-2007, 08:20 PM

I've eaten at your restaurant a few times. It is great. Next time do I get a discount? Jus kidden. Lookin forward to seeing you on Friday. John.

BBQ Grail
10-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Let me share our menu with you:

Friday Night:
Hamburgers w/hand ground beef and bacon
Various ABTs, Fatties and other great stuff
Marie Calendars Pies
Beverages of Choice

Saturday Breakfast:
Homemade Chorizo, bacon and eggs
Dutch Oven Biscuits and Gravy

Saturday All Day:
St. Louis Spare Ribs
Beef Ribs
Brisket
Pork Butt
ABTs
Fatties
Smoked Bologna
Wild Things
Slaw
Beans
Corn Bread
Pies
Chocolate Chip Cookies

UDS Building Session and general messing around...

Brauma
10-22-2007, 09:25 PM
And I will raise my bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale back to ya my friend! John.

Aaawwww...... fresh SNPA straight from the tap in Chico, CA. Drool mod here in VA.
http://www.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Sierra-Nevada-Pale-Ale_09EA2CDF.jpg
Thanks John. I'll be making a pilgrimage out to Chico one of these years. I'll let you know when I do.

yelonutz
10-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Aaawwww...... fresh SNPA straight from the tap in Chico, CA. Drool mod here in VA.
http://www.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Sierra-Nevada-Pale-Ale_09EA2CDF.jpg
Thanks John. I'll be making a pilgrimage out to Chico one of these years. I'll let you know when I do.

Make sure you do, I only live about ten miles from the brewery and those miles are downhill!! (Both ways)

jtfisher63
10-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Let me share our menu with you:

Friday Night: Hamburgers w/hand ground beef and bacon

Various ABTs, Fatties and other great stuff

Marie Calendars Pies

Beverages of Choice

Saturday Breakfast:Homemade Chorizo, bacon and eggs

Dutch Oven Biscuits and Gravy

Saturday All Day:St. Louis Spare Ribs

Beef Ribs

Brisket

Pork Butt

ABTs

Fatties

Smoked Bologna

Wild Things

Slaw

Beans

Corn Bread

Pies

Chocolate Chip Cookies

UDS Building Session and general messing around...

You forgot one very important item..... SPAM!!! I'll be bringing some.

BBQ Grail
10-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Official Count Down...

T Minus 44 hours, 48 minutes...

jtfisher63
10-24-2007, 07:43 PM
The packing has begun! The weather still looks like it is going to be beautiful. It's still not too late for anyone who may want to come!:icon_clown

jtfisher63
10-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Weather report for West Sacramento.

Detailed Local Forecast

Thursday: Sunny. High 79F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday night: Mainly clear. Low near 50F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 78F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday night: Mostly cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy after midnight. Low around 50F. Winds light and variable.
Saturday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 40s.
Sunday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 40s.

BBQ Grail
10-25-2007, 02:12 PM
T-Minus 25 hours, 47 minutes!

(But whose counting?)

beerguy
10-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Im headed to a neices wedding in NJ. Almost as much fun as painting and going to the dentist (not that theres anything wrong with that) so Ill tip a few pumpkin ales your way. Hope you have great weather and as much fun with the spam cookoff as those MOFO bros had with the Guinnesses fattie!

BBQ Grail
10-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Here we are in West Sacramento.

Yelonutz, JTfisher63 and trp1fox.

The butts and brisket are prepped and the Gator Pit is getting to temp.

We've already eaten John's (yelonutz) home made pickles, sour dough bread.

Bigmista
10-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Any updates?

jtfisher63
10-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Any updates?

I'll download some pics later and give more details. I am feeling burnt out right now. I can tell you that we all had a great time!