Any results from Oinktobefest?

Nitrofly
09-30-2007, 03:35 PM
lunchmeat defends as GC..
and I had to work...

Lakeside Smoker
09-30-2007, 04:17 PM
GREAT JOB LUNCHMEAT!!!
Sully you might not have been there physically but I'm sure you were there in spirit!!! Baaahhhbeque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any full results?

The Giggler
09-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Sully, you were missed! But I held up the tradition of your late night rounds with Hairy Buffalo - you'll have to give it a go @ Harpoon.

Congratulations to Lunchmeat on GC, and all the teams who got calls.

The weather was outstanding. That means it will snow this weekend. Here's the top fives:

Overall:
1 Lunchmenat - GC 642.2858
2 Donnie's Smokehouse - RGC 641.1434
3 The BBQ Effect
4 Dirty Dick & The Legless Wonders
5 Huckleberry's Smoke

Chicken:
1 The BBQ Effect
2 Lunchmeat
3 Huckleberry's Smoke
4 Oompappy
5 Park Place Pit

Ribs:
1 Donnie's Smokehouse
2 The Anchormen
3 Lunchmeat
4 Smokin In The Igloo
5 Swine Syndicate

Pork:
1 Dirty Dick & The Legless Wonders
2 Donnie's Smokehouse
3 Pressure Treated Smokers
4 Good Smoke BBQ
5 Smokin' In The Igloo

Brisket:
1 Huckleberry's Smoke
2 Donnie's Smokehouse
3 Northcoast BBQ Society
4 Lunchmeat
5 One Eyes Jacks

The Anchorman
09-30-2007, 09:29 PM
They gave out ribbons to the top 6 in each category. The Anchormen recieved 6th in Pork, and placed 6th overall!
It was a 50 team contest, yeah triple points!

Q Haven
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Congrats to Lunchmeat and all who got calls!

Sledneck
09-30-2007, 10:08 PM
They gave out ribbons to the top 6 in each category. The Anchormen recieved 6th in Pork, and placed 6th overall!
so ya wanna be in bold eh?

Sawdustguy
10-01-2007, 01:57 AM
Congratulations Michelle and Sully! You guy's and gal's are really firing on all cylinders.

acorette
10-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Not that it's meat, but the newbie team "8 Ball and the 'Que Sticks" took second in dessert! 16th overall in meats out of 50 was nothing to sneeze at either! Congrats to all! We had a great time. Still recovering; will contribute more when live stabilizes a little bit over here.

Aaron Corette
8 Ball and the 'Que Sticks

Sawdustguy
10-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Not that it's meat, but the newbie team "8 Ball and the 'Que Sticks" took second in dessert! 16th overall in meats out of 50 was nothing to sneeze at either! Congrats to all! We had a great time. Still recovering; will contribute more when live stabilizes a little bit over here.

Aaron Corette

Great job Aaron! May your 8 balls keep rolling and the que sticks remain stout!

ique
10-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Congrats Lunchmeat!

SmokeInDaEye
10-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Looks like it was quite a contest. Congrats, Michelle!

The Giggler
10-01-2007, 11:44 AM

Didn't mean to slight your performance, guys! Should've posted top 10.... I'll know next time. Congrats on your strong showing!

Great seeing you guys win the Ribs Bet, sorry about the coin toss. Would have much rather seen The Anchormen take 1st in Ribs. Again, sorry about your MIL Ray. Good to know my hard earned sheckles are going to a good cause.

The Giggler
10-01-2007, 11:50 AM

Aaron Corette

Aaron,

Great being set up next to you guys. I do have one suggestion: I thing you should change your team name to 8 Ball and the 'Que Chicks. Your Ladies were awesome and really came through! Congrats on your 16th overall finish, and call for dessert. It is something to be proud of, and build on.

Brethren: You guys should have seen Brother Aaron's rig and site. Rookie my arse. :grin:

lunchlady
10-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Oinktoberfest!!! This really is one of the good ones! Overall great festival, and to get to see Charlie Daniels LIVE was a real treat.

Congrats to Donny's Smokehouse for Reserve...they were only behind us by a little over one point. eek!

Anchormen won the rib bet - great showing guys, and the $$ goes to a really good cause.

Had so much fun hanging with everyone, although it was surprisingly quiet without Sully (we really really missed him!) - Dirty Dick and the Giggler now have matching duct tape band-aids, Good Smoke's Chloe got the full 'Cold Cut experience' - sorry about that you guys...heheh - late night with Muzzlebrake at the fire was really fun.

LOVE to see a 180..great job to Diva Q for that!

I really recommend cooking Oinktoberfest, even with the long drive out, it has everything that makes an event worth competing in! Good organization, indoor bathrooms, bands, carnival rides, pumpkin cannon, swag bags, big prizes and prize money, 50 teams this year means it's now in the 'triple KCBS point category', and it's a New York State Championship to boot! Doesn't get any better! Chances are you are always gonna have 'little' issues... water, electric, space...but when it all comes down, George (and Barb) have been doing this for quite a while now and if neighboring teams cooperate with each other, everything works itself out in the end.
Thanks to both of them for everything and thanks to our super KCBS reps...Linda Mullane and the lovely Lovelys. (Jerry you were missed!)

all that AND we went to Cooperstown on the way home, there really IS a bloody sock!

that is about it... I'm going back to bed...

GO RED SOX!!!!!

michelle

goodsmokebbq
10-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Congrats again lunchmeat, its great to see nice guys come in first! Cloe had a blast hangin with the little meats.

Kick butt at the Jack!

P.S. You want to trade the weber gasser for the performer?
Good Smoke oinktober backyard GC

lunchlady
10-01-2007, 12:57 PM
SWEET!!!! You did it!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I told you it was gonna have to go in your car!!! Damn, I wish we were there to squeal our little pigs for you guys!!!

Way to go !!!!

goodsmokebbq
10-01-2007, 01:05 PM
We were all packed before the awards, not thinking we needed to save room. You should have seen the thing bungeed to the tail gate...

The Anchorman
10-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Great Job Good Smoke BBQ!

From this point on we will register our team as only, Anchormen, for alphabetical reasons.

My Father in law was really taken with the thought of the rib bet,
Wife, Susan cried.
It was a great time this weekend.

Give Em' Hell Lunchmeat!

Westexbbq
10-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Congratulations all around and sounds like a splendid time was had by all.

I will try and shoot for that one next year as a Judge.

pigmaker23
10-01-2007, 03:29 PM
The rig was one of the best i have seen in long time, i agree with mike, they dont look like rookies, with the setup and decorations they had they would be right at home in Memphis in May !!! :-D

Aaron,

Great being set up next to you guys. I do have one suggestion: I thing you should change your team name to 8 Ball and the 'Que Chicks. Your Ladies were awesome and really came through! Congrats on your 16th overall finish, and call for dessert. It is something to be proud of, and build on.

Brethren: You guys should have seen Brother Aaron's rig and site. Rookie my arse. :grin:

ique
10-01-2007, 04:05 PM
The rig was one of the best i have seen in long time,

Pics?

The Giggler
10-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Pics?

The digital camera took a chit. Going to try to get the pics off the chip.

acorette
10-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Here's a pic of me and the 'Que Chicks; rig to the left. Decorations and tents were taken down as we were packing up to head home for some needed rest. Next contest y'all have to meet us in person!

Aaron Corette

The Anchorman
10-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Aaron how come I did not meet the other team mates when I visited you.
They are much more cute than you are.:smile:
Hope you had a good time, congrats on the desset call up.

Sledneck
10-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Here's a pic of me and the 'Que Chicks; rig to the left. Decorations and tents were taken down as we were packing up to head home for some needed rest. Next contest y'all have to meet us in person!

Aaron Corette
would like some more photos and info on that pit

acorette
10-03-2007, 06:49 PM
would like some more photos and info on that pit

More photos to come; but I can provide some info now.... It's a Southern Yankee Custom rig with a 4' rotisserie - 6 racks 9" wide by 4' long. The warming box in the back has two shelves. Heat/Smoke for both the rotisserie and warming box comes from the offset firebox which is the smaller cylinder closest to the wheels (where the three short chrome tubes are. The tubes are the air intake.)

Moving up toward the tongue from the smoker you'll find three sinks with diamond deck surround (you can see part of that in the pic). Behind the three bay sink is a 2'x4' charcoal grill.

Lastly, closest to the tongue is a hand wash sink and a small storage compartment that houses the fresh water tank, water heater, and water pump. Having hot and cold running water for the comp was the nuts. I have more than a few teams showing up for water during the weekend. I still gotta send them a bill...:lol:

Southern Yankee still makes rigs like this, but I was able to get a great deal on it second hand. I had to drive 9 hours to get it, but man, am I happy with it. It goes through more wood than my little Cimmeron, but I can cook for several hundred hungry people if I needed to. I had lots of room to spare doing the comp. I threw on some turkey legs, a fattie, and some bronto-bones as snacks for the team. Lots of room left too.

I've had it since July of this year - after committing to doing a comp after visting Lake Placid this year, I came home and placed a winning bid on eBay for it. I've had several offers for way more than I paid for it. I think my wife doens't think I'm so crazy for sinking so much time and money into it now. :wink:

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this crew, and I look forward to meeting more and more of you at future comps!

Aaron

acorette
12-26-2007, 08:05 AM
George posted the pics from the 2007 contest... Here's a link:

http://www.oinktoberfest.com/2007pics/index.html

Also, for those of you looking for another pic of my rig, I recently posted it in another thread here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=516128#post516128