PDA

View Full Version : Fleming's Prime Steakhouse

MilitantSquatter
09-23-2007, 10:22 PM
I was in Michigan last week for a business trip. One of those nights, a vendor took us out to eat at Flemming's Prime Steakhouse in Livonia, MI. I had never heard of Flemming's before as they are not in NY, but apparently they have numerous locations nationwide.

http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locator.asp

I started of with a jumbo shrimp cocktail and fresh mozzarella w/ tomato & basil. For the main course I had a 22 oz. Prime Bone In Ribeye cooked medium rare. Side dishes we had were sauteed spinach, sauteed portabello mushrooms, chipotle cheddar mac & cheese and potatoes. Dessert was a huge sampler platter for the table, but I really liked the Key Lime Pie and the peach cobbler where the peaches were marinated in Schnapps & cinnamon.

Certainly not the best steakhouse I've been to but meal was above average for a high end steakhouse, service was excellent, and best of all I did not pay a dime for the meal.

I would recommend this place.

LMAJ
09-25-2007, 10:10 PM
"Certainly not the best steakhouse I've been to but meal was above average for a high end steakhouse, service was excellent, and best of all I did not pay a dime for the meal."

As a friend of mine often says - everything tastes just a little better when it's free.... Thanks for the review - never heard of them either.

Bigmista
09-26-2007, 12:35 AM
There's one a couple of miles from me. I usually pass it to go to Macaroni grill, Cozymel's (mexican joint) or McCormick and Schmick. Steak isn't important enough to me to pay those kinds of prices.

Pyle's BBQ
09-26-2007, 12:42 AM
We have one here in Des Moines. I have not been there, because I can get just as good stake from the grocery stores here and pay a quarter of the price. I have not found too many places that can cook a rare stake correctly, so I don't generally order stake when I go out.

TOPS BBQ
10-05-2007, 11:24 AM
There is a Flemings near me. I went one time and enjoyed it very much. It was not the best ribeye steak I have ever had, but it's not priced that way either ($37). I consider myself a "foodie" and have been to some of the finer restaurants on the west coast. I have paid over a $100 for a steak before and that didn't seem to be the best steak either.

Sure, you can go to the local butcher and get yourself a decent steak and most of us believe we make better steaks. Fleming's is has pretty good flavor and I believe worth the cost. It's sometimes nice to get out and have someone serve you for a change. My .02.