PDA

View Full Version : Iron Chef

lazyjacres
09-17-2007, 11:46 AM
The wife and I are going to Philadelphia next week for a convention, and while we are there we are going to New York to set in on a filming of "Iron Chef".
My brother got us VIP tickets to go hang out in the gallery.
After the filming we have reservations at Mario Batali's signature restaurant "Babbo. This should be really cool. I'm a big Iron Chef fan.

wnkt
09-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Kewl. I've been watching it more lately. I was a fan of the original Japanese show.

jtfisher63
09-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm jealous!! I am a big fan of Iron Chef.

Jason

bbqjoe
09-17-2007, 12:31 PM
When the camera pans the audience, make sure to stand up wearing a brethren shirt, or make some kind of commotion or scene, so we can identify you.:wink:
I know, when things are quiet, and it's an important scene that can't be edited, yell MANAMANA!!!!!!

Sawdustguy
09-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Iron chef is one of my FoodTV favorites. I hope you enjoy yourself. Anyone who is over 300 lbs and wears red clogs has to be a great chef. Enjoy yourself at Mario batali's resturant also.

The_Kapn
09-17-2007, 04:57 PM
I am SO JEALOUS..... :oops:

TIM

lazyjacres
10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Well, we made the trip and it was pretty awsome. We were on the front row just to the left of Alton Brown, who came over and talked to us several times.
We got a back stage tour of the production area, the prep kitchen and all the support areas. Pretty cool to see how it all gets done.
The Iron Chef that we saw is one that no one has ever seen before, and that's all that I can say about that.
The whole filming of the hour long show from start to finish took about 5 hours. The only thing that didn't get interupted with corrections and or re-takes was the actual battle. Once they started, they had to be finished in an hour. Pretty intense to say the least.

Bill-Chicago
10-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Jamey

Did you look up SmokeInDaEye (Clint)

You might even have see him on the set:

nthole
10-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Awesome, so you must have gotten to see the winner of their new reality show The Next Iron Chef or something like that?!?! That's pretty cool, although I'm surprised that they would use somebody from that as people now know who one. Maybe someone else then.

Still very cool.

SmokeInDaEye
10-01-2007, 02:32 PM
We just missed each other! I was there for a taping on the 12th. Although this was my third trip, it's always fun to see.

And I got to find out the answer to your little riddle. Everyone else has to watch Next Iron Chef starting this Sunday to find out who it is.

BBQ Grail
10-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Jamey

Did you look up SmokeInDaEye (Clint)

You might even have see him on the set:
Kind of reminds me of the Wizard of OZ. "Please ignore the man behind the curtain. The Wizard of Oz had spoken."

lazyjacres
10-01-2007, 03:58 PM
The episode that was filmed when we were there won't be aired until October next year. As you said, they have to air the new show to reveal the answer to "The Riddle."

jgh1204
10-01-2007, 06:05 PM
You can tell us. I guarantee you that all us old farts on here will forget long before Oct 2008.