PDA

View Full Version : Brain Injury BBQ October 12th & 13th Judges & Roll Call (with RESULTS)

lazyjacres
09-13-2007, 07:11 PM
In my attempt to have 100% certified judges for this contest, I am around 11 judges short of a full field. At present I have 29. If there are any of you that are certified, or know of any certified judges that are free that weekend, I could use your help as judges for this contest.
You or they can contact me via e-mail @ jkjohnson@centurytel.net

Also, who is planning on attending?

Fredbird
09-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Team Q will be there.

Solidkick
09-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Belly Brothers are in!

beam boys bbq
09-13-2007, 09:02 PM
beam boys are in

Greatgrills
09-13-2007, 09:39 PM
We will be there

River City Smokehouse
09-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Team River City Smokehouse will be teaming up with Brewmaster at this one. Got a bad itch to cook again but don't think I can handle all 4 categories right now.

Jamey, Colt wanted to know if you will have any peanuts?

burnin butts
09-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Team " Trail Boss BBQ " will be there!

paydabill
09-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Jamie I just sent you an email - I beleive I can judge.

Roo-B-Q'N
09-14-2007, 07:55 AM
We will be there.Sent in our application and money this week. Looks like a Brethren mini bash.

Fredbird
09-14-2007, 08:16 AM
We will be there.Sent in our application and money this week. Looks like a Brethren mini bash.

I'm glad to hear your coming to Columbia! It will be a fun contest.:-D

paydabill
09-14-2007, 08:27 AM
I did not know they are still accepting teams. Jamie maybe you and I should team up. I will try to keep the wife out of the hospital this time.

Solidkick
09-14-2007, 09:48 AM
I was hoping that it was either you or Bossman that was coming. Aimee called me awhile back and said there was a team from NE wanting to get in the contest, I told her "hell yea, let's see what they got!" :mrgreen:

As far as a mini bash...around these parts most all the contests are like a mini bash...lots of MO. IL, and KS brothers that compete and we cross each others paths usually at least once a year. At the Sedalia contest this year, I don't think there was less than 10 Brethren teams there.....
you should try to add that one to your calendar next year as well!

CritterCook
09-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Critter Cookers will be there!

we'll smoke u
09-15-2007, 08:51 PM
We'll Smoke U BBQ will be there. Looking forward to meeting some of you guy's.

Roo-B-Q'N
09-16-2007, 10:49 AM
I was hoping that it was either you or Bossman that was coming. Aimee called me awhile back and said there was a team from NE wanting to get in the contest, I told her "hell yea, let's see what they got!" :mrgreen:

As far as a mini bash...around these parts most all the contests are like a mini bash...lots of MO. IL, and KS brothers that compete and we cross each others paths usually at least once a year. At the Sedalia contest this year, I don't think there was less than 10 Brethren teams there.....
you should try to add that one to your calendar next year as well!

I hear what you are saying. Atchinson had at least 6 Brothers and it was a Blast. Sooo we are looking forward to heading to heading to Columbia in a few weeks. Next years line up will be full. After our first year we are hooked!

slat
09-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I sent an email to judge and Amiee replied that you would contact me, but haven't heard anything yet. I am certified.

Plowboy
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
I hear what you are saying. Atchinson had at least 6 Brothers and it was a Blast. Sooo we are looking forward to heading to heading to Columbia in a few weeks. Next years line up will be full. After our first year we are hooked!

Damn it, Andy!

Jeff_in_KC
09-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Damn it, Andy!

That's the theme for Atchison next year. :lol:

Aimee
09-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Jamey,

This is the list of teams I have so far.... Chick N' Pig, Come N Git It, Belly Brothers, Pitt Fusion, Beam Boys, Big Un's BBQ, Team Q, Critter Cookers, Muchin Hogs @ The Hilton, Great Grills O' Fire, Set it & Forget it, In Deep Sauce, Muddy River Boys, Barn to Grill, Trail Bros. BBQ, Smokin til the Sun Comes Up, Bubba & Jeffs, Worley's BBQ, Pink Eyed Parrot BBQ, The Tamblyn Group (Aimee's Dad), Roo-B-Q'N, We'll Smoke You, Callaway Creamators, River City Smokehouse, Jon El's BBQ, Florida Skin & Bones.

This means I have four spaces left.... Thanks guys!

Fredbird
09-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Jamey,

This is the list of teams I have so far.... Chick N' Pig, Come N Git It, Belly Brothers, Pitt Fusion, Beam Boys, Big Un's BBQ, Team Q, Critter Cookers, Muchin Hogs @ The Hilton, Great Grills O' Fire, Set it & Forget it, In Deep Sauce, Muddy River Boys, Barn to Grill, Trail Bros. BBQ, Smokin til the Sun Comes Up, Bubba & Jeffs, Worley's BBQ, Pink Eyed Parrot BBQ, The Tamblyn Group (Aimee's Dad), Roo-B-Q'N, We'll Smoke You, Callaway Creamators, River City Smokehouse, Jon El's BBQ, Florida Skin & Bones.

This means I have four spaces left.... Thanks guys!

That's a nice list, lots of good teams! It shouldn't be to hard to get four more teams. We'll try to drum up four more for you.:biggrin: Good luck!

Aimee
09-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks John, I appreciate your help. Let me know what you find out! See you in October.

scottyd
09-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey Scott Burke no soft Ball that week, traitor What the heck can't play with us so you got to go get new friends.

Not Fair dude

We voted and you have to have 2/3's majority to cook with us again.

Fredbird
09-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks John, I appreciate your help. Let me know what you find out! See you in October.

Aimee, did Al (Smokin O's) contact you yet. He is planning to sign up!

Aimee
09-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Aimee, did Al (Smokin O's) contact you yet. He is planning to sign up!

Yes sir! Got him down and he will be there! Thanks so much you guys, looks like I have two more spots....how about that, first year we had 5 teams this year we are looking at 30! All I can say is WOW!!!! Thanks so much to all of you for your help!:icon_bigsmil

Aimee
09-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey guys!

Just a thought if we bought some wings would one or two of the teams want to fix those up for the volunteers...i.e. me too...I will buy them if you could prepare them. I am almost positive nobody wants me fixin' anything.

We were going to have a people's choice wings contest (not happening) I think I made the health dept. mad by expressing my opinion. I don't really think they are going to be on our side this year...(just a guess)! If you don't have time to fix the wings no worries...I was just thinkin' Let me know! Thanks!

River City Smokehouse
09-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't understand any of the health depts. Here in Cole County every weekend almost there are charitable organizations that sell BBQ at a grocery store parking lot here in Jefferson City. First off I know that according to Cole County Health Dept rules you must have a screened in area for your BBQ pit and none of these have one. I know this because I went about half way through the BS with them myself until I decided it was better for me not to deal with them.

So anyway, these non-profs can sell their BBQ and not have to follow the health codes so why do you have to in Boone County for a wing fling for the public. If you ask me, someone at the health dept. has their oxygen cut off to their brain cause their head is up their a$$.
I know that the health code rules differ county to county, but do food borne bacteria discriminated on which county they go to?
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_25.gif

jt
09-19-2007, 09:45 AM
We are Boone County. We know what is good for you. Resistance is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.

Aimee
09-19-2007, 09:45 AM
I don't understand any of the health depts. Here in Cole County every weekend almost there are charitable organizations that sell BBQ at a grocery store parking lot here in Jefferson City. First off I know that according to Cole County Health Dept rules you must have a screened in area for your BBQ pit and none of these have one. I know this because I went about half way through the BS with them myself until I decided it was better for me not to deal with them.

So anyway, these non-profs can sell their BBQ and not have to follow the health codes so why do you have to in Boone County for a wing fling for the public. If you ask me, someone at the health dept. has their oxygen cut off to their brain cause their head is up their a$$.
I know that the health code rules differ county to county, but do food borne bacteria discriminated on which county they go to?
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_25.gif

AMEN BROTHER! I hear ya! Like I said I am pretty sure after my conversation(s) with them the last week and a 1/2 they are in no position to cut us a break! Oh well I was the one that spoke my mind (I did it to myself) I have no reason to complain other than they are the hardest group of people to get along with. PLUS to add to it....the health inspector that is assigned to our competition just started with the health department...yep brand spakin' new....green around the collar.....she will be looking at every little detail to assure she doesn't miss a beat. AND we didn't exactly get off on the right foot with each other either. Should be interesting to say the least.

spicewine
09-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I'll be your Wing Man!!

Spice

spicewine
09-19-2007, 11:32 AM
AMEN BROTHER! I hear ya! Like I said I am pretty sure after my conversation(s) with them the last week and a 1/2 they are in no position to cut us a break! Oh well I was the one that spoke my mind (I did it to myself) I have no reason to complain other than they are the hardest group of people to get along with. PLUS to add to it....the health inspector that is assigned to our competition just started with the health department...yep brand spakin' new....green around the collar.....she will be looking at every little detail to assure she doesn't miss a beat. AND we didn't exactly get off on the right foot with each other either. Should be interesting to say the least.

If it is on private property and no one is selling food, they have no reason to be there and can not carry out any kind of inspections. Boone Co. Health Dept. is a Pain in the Arse!! Don't let them push you around. Just ask them to leave.

Aimee
09-19-2007, 11:57 AM
I'll be your Wing Man!!

Spice

Thanks for volunteering to do the wings or some of them anyway....that defenitely deserves a hug!

Aimee
09-19-2007, 12:00 PM
If it is on private property and no one is selling food, they have no reason to be there and can not carry out any kind of inspections. Boone Co. Health Dept. is a Pain in the Arse!! Don't let them push you around. Just ask them to leave.

Yeah we are serving food there....should have just kept my damn mouth shut.....it will be okay...really the vendors have to deal with them. Unless the health dept. feels they have to get too pushy...then I will ask them if they want to try some of the wings (Spice) is cooking for us. :wink: Okay I better stop there...don't want this to get to out of control...:icon_sleepy

we'll smoke u
09-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Hey Scott Burke no soft Ball that week, traitor What the heck can't play with us so you got to go get new friends.

Not Fair dude

We voted and you have to have 2/3's majority to cook with us again.

Come on Brother don't be hurt I still love you guy's.LOL

Solidkick
09-19-2007, 05:25 PM
This is the list of teams I have so far....
Chick N' Pig,
Come N Git It,
Belly Brothers,
Pitt Fusion,
Beam Boys,
Big Un's BBQ,
Team Q,
Critter Cookers,
Muchin Hogs @ The Hilton,
Great Grills O' Fire,
Set it & Forget it,
In Deep Sauce,
Muddy River Boys,
Barn to Grill,
Trail Bros. BBQ,
Smokin til the Sun Comes Up,
Bubba & Jeffs,
Worley's BBQ,
Pink Eyed Parrot BBQ,
The Tamblyn Group (Aimee's Dad),
Roo-B-Q'N,
We'll Smoke You,
Callaway Creamators,
River City Smokehouse,
Jon El's BBQ,
Florida Skin & Bones.

Out of this 26 teams, 11 of them (that I recognize) are posting visitors to the Brethren website...with 2 more that I know of that visit but don't post.

(I'm still trying to figure out if Florida Skin and Bones is from the state of Florida or from Florida MO....maybe Aimee will let us know where from. Anyway, from contest search results, they know what they are doing)

Nebraska gents....glad to have you come to our little corner of the BBQ world.....this won't be an easy contest, but it sure as hell WILL be a mini bash!! Bring extra beer for Becky!! :twisted:

We might even get ol' JT to stop in and say HI!

Aimee
09-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Out of this 26 teams, 11 of them (that I recognize) are posting visitors to the Brethren website...with 2 more that I know of that visit but don't post.

(I'm still trying to figure out if Florida Skin and Bones is from the state of Florida or from Florida MO....maybe Aimee will let us know where from. Anyway, from contest search results, they know what they are doing)

Nebraska gents....glad to have you come to our little corner of the BBQ world.....this won't be an easy contest, but it sure as hell WILL be a mini bash!! Bring extra beer for Becky!! :twisted:

The team is from the STATE of Florida, and in these parts that gives me bragging rights on our competition :wink: Way to go guys....again couldn't do it without you.

burnin butts
09-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Just so everyone knows, the team formerly known as saucebaron.com is now named Trail Boss BBQ. We just figured it went with our catering and our sauces. So if anyone was wandering who the heck we were. There's your 411!

jt
09-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Unfortunately I will be out of town that weekend. Otherwise the boy and I would come by!

River City Smokehouse
09-20-2007, 08:15 AM
The problem with the "Private Property" issue is that because you have it open to the public, it becomes the business of Boone County and can be regulated by them. I've spent some time this morning reading their health code and they also have a page dedicated to BBQ contests, Hmmmm..., they seem to be pretty aggressive.
Click here to read (http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/Health/Food_Safety/Temp_Food_Operations/comp_bbq.php)

If an event is 'invitation only' then it looks like they have no jurisdiction. From what I read into this the BCHD could make it interesting for the individual teams if they choose. As far as definitions go, each team is considered to be a food establishment since they are preparing, cooking, and serving food to the public(judges). But sounds like there is a fine line when it comes to judges. The 'Public' who will be judging are invitation only so it seems to me that BCHD doesn't have any jurisdiction on the contestants. I bet if they wanted to push it though they could have their way. I'm just ranting. After owning and operating three restaurants throughout the years has left me a little bitter when it comes to the health dept. thing.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_49.gif

Jeff_in_KC
09-20-2007, 05:16 PM
According to what Aimee told me, she said the CHD had no jurisdiction on teams because the judges are invited. She had a clever idea to be able to "invite" the public to take part in a people's choice. No idea if she's going to give it a try though! :lol:

spicewine
09-20-2007, 08:07 PM
I have had plenty of dealings with the CHD!! I Worked in Columbia Restaurants for 13 years. They came up to our team at a Boone Co. Fair event about 3 years ago and I challenged them to enforce the City health Code on us at a " give away food contest " They promptly left and I never saw them again. I would have told them that if they were going to bust my balls than I want them to inspect every wedding and church picnic, Graduation, Boy Scout Jamboree--Etc. Needless to say they would back off!!

The shame is that Columbia could have so many festivals that generate thousands of dollars but are chased away by the Health Dept.

Funny!! They looked the other way at the Roots and Blues BBQ that drew 60,000 people!!

Money Talks and B. S Walks

Aimee
09-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I agree. Couple of things I thought about, in order for it to be private you have to invite people to come. I thought about when posting our ad in the Tribune, put a little box that says personal invitation in order to attend you must cut this out and bring it with you. There is the invitation the health department is asking for in order for it to be private. The only PROBLEM...the health dpt informed me that they limit that to 100 invitations. How can they do that? I should be able to invite as many or as few people that I want.

The other thing we are going to have a problem with...is I opened my BIG mouth and pi$$ed them off last week. I asked the lady (who is brand new by the way) if they were so against a wings event...if we could have all the teams prepare a baked dish of some kind prior to coming to the event and we sell it there, i.e. a bake sale. (I am not kidding about this. Word for Word this is what she told me)..."well then I would have to inspect everyone's/each teams home and their kitchen where they prepared the food prior to bringing it to sell to the public." LOL!!!! I started to laugh and I said, "well then you will be inspecting homes in Florida and Nebraska, if you have that kind of time on your hands, you go right ahead!" Then the health inspector told me that was uncalled for. I said well what do you do with the teams that don't live here, she said that they could not participate in the baked goods event. I said well....now you are discriminating. CHD is discriminating against teams that don't live in our State. I don't think you can do that can you? Again she got pi$$ed and I thought it would probably be a good idea to end the conversation before it got worse.

That is where we have left it, and this wonderful lady who is brand new to the profession will be out at our contest bright and early Friday morning to make my life a living h_ _ _. As a matter of fact she is not going to issue our permit until she inspects everything first. It should be a lot of fun!!! I will need a few beers after I deal with her.....

burnin butts
09-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey Aimee, I want a hug too! We'll cook wings for a hug...
The health dept was at BassPro last year giving me sh*t about not having a seperate handwashing sink. Duh!! We were outside cooking a contest. I dont have an exaust hood over my smoker either, snag me for that, I dare you! They cant make you follow heath codes if you're not selling your food to public.

Jeff_in_KC
09-20-2007, 09:16 PM
I bet the way around that for people's choice wings would be make the public buy tickets. They can't regulate tickets... unless they need to be sanitary tickets. :roll: Then the public stuffs tickets into jars with numbers on them that represent the wings that liked best that you GAVE to them. Not sure if that's a way to skate around or not...

River City Smokehouse
09-20-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm sorry but someone is being a prick! Sounds like they may have an interesting time ahead of themselves. And I haven't read anywhere in their rules that say there is a guest limit of 100 invites.
This is copied from BCHD website:
A permit from the Health Department is not required for:

An establishment that offers only prepackaged non-potentially hazardous foods.
A produce stand that offers only whole, uncut fruits and vegetables.
A kitchen in a private home if only food that is non-potentially hazardous is prepared for sale or service as part of a not-for profit event. Examples include a religious or non-profit organization having a bake sale.
A closed event with only invited guests. The public must not be able to attend without invitation. Examples of closed events include religious gatherings involving members of a church, wedding parties, family reunions, or company picnics.

burnin butts
09-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Ok then it's settled. We're all having a BIG family reunion which happens to take place at a BBQ contest!!! That'll fix em'!!!

River City Smokehouse
09-21-2007, 07:07 AM
It's a BBQ Brethren reunion. We also have some recruiting to do.

Aimee
09-21-2007, 08:55 AM
You guys are the best...I know you all have my back when I am dealing with this lady...by the way we are serving food to the public, we will have two vendors there, Florida Skin & Bones will be vending and Golden Nugget Popcorn. Golden Nugget is serving BREAKFAST in the morning on Saturday too! 25% of their proceeds go to BIA. So public will get BBQ, hotdogs, popcorn, and Breakfast...can't beat that.

These vendors have had to apply for a permit, get a business license and have insurance in place at the time of the event, a minimum of a 1,000,000.00 policy. I have told anyone that wants to vend go for it and by the way here is the phone number to call the health dpt. I am not dealing with them any further...

So since we will be serving food to the public they will have a watchful eye over all of us. That is why they will not issue our permit for the event until they inspect everything. Which includes, source of water, hoses, electric, extension cords and hoses running across the pavement (hazards if anyone trips) etc...I will be pulling my hair out by the time it is all said and done. I will be jumping through hoops on Friday trying to get our permit.

As far as paying for tickets...doesn't matter, we are still serving the public so the wings thing is out. I don't have enough time in the day as it is with the competition right under our noses, let alone deal with CHD on that issue.

The bottom line, the public will get to try BBQ and if that is not what they are there for (which I can't possibly imagine) we will still have many people out there to reach....and have support BIA.

I think I have everything worked out...at least in my mind whether or not the CHD will go for it is a different story.

Aimee
09-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Hey Aimee, I want a hug too! We'll cook wings for a hug...
The health dept was at BassPro last year giving me sh*t about not having a seperate handwashing sink. Duh!! We were outside cooking a contest. I dont have an exaust hood over my smoker either, snag me for that, I dare you! They cant make you follow heath codes if you're not selling your food to public.

YUP!!! Hugs for everyone I will add you to Jamey and Jay's list. LOL!!!!!:-D

Fredbird
09-21-2007, 07:40 PM
YUP!!! Hugs for everyone I will add you to Jamey and Jay's list. LOL!!!!!:-D

Wow.....Thanks Aimee.:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

Seriously, we've dealt with the CHD before. The trick is to act like they are the authority and don't back down from them at the same time. Everything will be fine, believe me!:wink:

Aimee
09-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Just a note to let everyone know we now have 30 teams. The last team came in this evening from Iowa (Smokin' Joe's BBQ), we also have all of our CBJ's for the contest. We are now taking alternate CBJ's. Looks like we have done it. Thanks to everyone for all of your help. Good luck in Herman this weekend. :grin:

lazyjacres
10-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Update; we are up to 34 teams and the prize money has also jumped.
Grand is now $1000 and the money in each catagory has increased.
We have a full field of 100% certified judges also.
Game on...........

Aimee
10-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I think we might be up to 35, one guy has to beg his wife to let him enter....he will get back with me tomorrow. I will let ya'll know. Sounds like this is going to be one heck of a fun competition.

burnin butts
10-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Sounds like it's going to be a great competition! Can't wait.

Jeff_in_KC
10-01-2007, 09:06 PM
I think we might be up to 35, one guy has to beg his wife to let him enter....he will get back with me tomorrow. I will let ya'll know. Sounds like this is going to be one heck of a fun competition.

Wuss! I do whatever I want and my wife accepts it! :twisted:

Roo-B-Q'N
10-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Looks like we are next to TEAM Q. Hmmmm wonder if Jay will notice I switched our smokers in the middle of the night.

burnin butts
10-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Has anyone heard from Aimee about the new map for this comp.?
Not the "old new map" but the "new , new map"

we'll smoke u
10-06-2007, 10:28 AM
I got a email from her on thur with the new new map I think.

CritterCook
10-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Sorry, there is a new, new, new map. But disregard it, I am requesting a move.

Just kidding.

BBQPrincess
10-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Miss Aimee...ya gotta be tough to be involved with this considering the CHD. Girl, if I were in your shoes I would definitely have a few beers before I met with those folks, then again after!!!! Hang tight...be brave and strong; you can do it!

Aimee
10-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Okay for everyone who is worried about the "new, new, new map" and the "old, new map" and the "not so old, not so new map" I will be emailing the final version Thursday morning at the latest. As you are aware we have added a few more teams, (good thing) (I think????) and we are making a couple of accommodations for those who had prize winning arguments as to their location. Sooooo we are changing the map for the final time, and I will get it to you as soon as I can. We are marking spots early this week (meaning tomorrow or Wednesday morning) and I will have your locations at that time.

The spaces will be 30x35 (give or take a few inches) those who paid extra will get 35x35 (give or take a few inches) and the smaller spaces will be 30 x 17 1/2 (give or take......) I think this is really what everyone wanted to know anyway. See you Friday. If you have questions call or email me. I'll be around.

Aimee
10-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Miss Aimee...ya gotta be tough to be involved with this considering the CHD. Girl, if I were in your shoes I would definitely have a few beers before I met with those folks, then again after!!!! Hang tight...be brave and strong; you can do it!

Thanks for the advise, I can use all the advise I can get! I think I just might have to tie a few on, before and after...it won't hurt anything! By the time I have to deal with CHD I will be happy and won't give a rats _ _ _ what they say. That should be fun!

spicewine
10-08-2007, 07:14 PM
It's gonna be a Dog Fight!! Both the American Royal Invitational GC and The Open GC will be there, not to mention Munchin Hogs and Set it and Forget it who will be going to the Jack this year and a host of proven winners!! Better bring your A Game!!!:shock:

burnin butts
10-08-2007, 08:38 PM
We aint skeered!!!! I live for the fight!!!!
So we'll have to see how many rounds we can stand.

Solidkick
10-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Bump.....

Well it's almost here.....started getting things together last night....will make up injections tonight and start packing the truck, the comp trailer is already loaded....I'm sure the Neb families are already on the road.....I'm going to try and do a better job taking pictures this weekend (I never promised, but I'll try)
We'll keep you updated!

Bellybro
10-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Game On!

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!

Jeff_in_KC
10-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Good luck everyone! I would venture to guess that not many contests have ever had both the Royal Grand Champs competing in it the next week! Couple of tough contests this weekend to pretty much wrap up the season... Columbia and DeSoto. We've got the Open Reserve Champ and a couple of teams in Pellet Envy and Four Men and a Pig with a boatload of 2007 GC's between them.

lazyjacres
10-13-2007, 05:38 PM
A Big Congratulations to everyone that walked. It was a great Brethren showing!

Results

GC: Great Grills of Fire - 682.2856
RGC: Munchin Hogs @ The Hilton - 667.4282
3: Belly Brother BBQ - 667.4280
4: River City Smoke House
5: Come N' Get It
6: Smoke This BBQ
7: Smokin Walzs
8: Bubba & Jeffs BBQ
9: Florida Skin & Bones
10: In Deep Sauce

Chicken

1: Great Grill of Fire
2: Belly Brothers BBQ
3: Smoke This BBQ
4: Signature Foods
5: Munchin Hogs @ The Hilton
6: Come N' Get It
7: River City Smoke House
8: Beam Boys BBQ
9: Chick N' Pig BBQ
10: Pink Eyed Parrot

Ribs

1: Smoke This BBQ
2: Bubba & Jeffs BBQ
3: In Deep Sauce
4: Chick N' Pig BBQ
5: Florida Skin & Bones
6: Come N' Get It
7: Signature Foods
8: Blowin' Smoke BBQ
9: Redneck Cousins BBQ
10: Smokin' Joes BBQ

Pork

1: Muddy River Boys
2: Great Grills of Fire
3: Smokin' Walzs
4: Munchin Hogs @ The Hilton
5: Belly Brothers BBQ
6: We'll Smoke You BBQ
7: Roo-B-Q'n BBQ
8: River City Smoke House
9: Florida Skin & Bones
10: Team Q

Brisket

1: Belly Brothers BBQ
2: Great Grills of Fire
3: Come N' Get It
4: Munchin Hogs @ The Hilton
5: River City Smoke House
6: Muddy River Boys
7: Chick N' Pig BBQ
8: Bubba & Jeff BBQ
9: Smokin Walzs
10: In Deep Sauce

Pig Headed
10-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Congrats to all the Brethren who walked. Mark & Becky, you're certainly at the top of your game. Keep up the good work.

MilitantSquatter
10-13-2007, 06:03 PM
strong showing guys !!!

Plowboy
10-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Fitz - Nice come back!!!

Belly's, you guys are knocking at the door.

Congrats everyone!!!

Jeff_in_KC
10-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Wow, great job, everyone! Nice showing! Congrats again Mark and Becky!

scottyd
10-13-2007, 08:09 PM
I heard the trophys were pretty nice all the way to 6th, great job brothers

beam boys bbq
10-13-2007, 08:27 PM
rain was the word of the day
man O Man did it come down
tomarrow i get dry everything out i hope

york

spicewine
10-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Congrats to all!! What a crappy day!! My socks were wet for no less than 6 hours!! Team Q hosted a SUCK FEST!! None of our stuff turned out for the final contest of the year. We did, however, get to meet and enjoy alot of new Brethren Teams!!

I'm going to bed!!

Spice Out!!

CrimsonSmoke
10-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Congrats to all. a job well done by all the brothers & sisters

vr6Cop
10-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Congrats to all the Brethren teams! Great showing.

jbrink01
10-13-2007, 09:58 PM
WTG All. York - nice job in chicken. You or Paul?

slat
10-13-2007, 10:49 PM
It was great to see everyone again and to meet some new Brothers.

SloppyQ
10-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Congrats to Great Grills and the rest who walked. Had a good time even in the rain, hope everyone gets dryed out. Glad to have met a few new bros.

Sledneck
10-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Congrats to all

keale
10-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Congratulations to ALL!! Great job! Jim, welcome back, you haven't missed a beat. Brew, way to go!

CritterCook
10-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Congrats to all the winners! The trophies all looked fantastic and the whole weekend was alot of fun. To bad Ammee could not control the rain. Or can she? hmmmmm

River City Smokehouse
10-14-2007, 08:35 AM
WOW!! What A weekend. Almost brought back memories of the contest in Jefferson City last April (Flash back mod.). Skip's(Chick n Pig) awning got toasted in the wind.
I have been waiting to enter a contest since July and it was a lot of fun to finally get back. I have to extend my thanks:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap to Brewmaster (Nathan) for cooking with me. He puts out some AWESOME BBQ! If it weren't for his strong pork and chicken we would have never seen a top ten spot let alone a #4. I ate some of both of his turn-ins and they definitely deserved a higher scoring than what they got but that's the way the ball bounces in BBQ contests.
I have got to say Thanks to everyone who came by and said HI. It really is nice to be a part of the BBQ Brethren. I am looking forward to the next BIA contest and have a lot of practicing to do between now and then.
I have to give Jeff (JBrink01) and Fast Eddy a big thanks for their advice on cooking a brisket in my new cooker. I may be calling again soon so I can get these rib scores up.
Anybody get to see York out there cuttin a rug on the dance floor? What a sight!:razz::razz: He was dancin back wards and coming toward me and fell smack dab into my lapp. It was like being tackled at a NFL game!:biggrin:

tonto1117
10-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Congrat's to Great Grills once again and all that walked . Great showing everyone in what sounds loke some pretty chitty conditions, but still sounds like everyone had a blast!!!

Jim...like somone said earlier......sounds like you haven't missed a beat!!! Congrat's!!!!

Solidkick
10-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Despite the weather, we had a great weekend....we did the sponsor dinner thing on Friday night, except I go missing....I'm next door at Chick'N'Pig's site eating some of the best prime rib I've ever had. Got the pleasure of making some new friends that I hope to see out at a competition again sometime...and missed making a few more because I just didn't get around to introduce myself (Critter Cookers, I owe you a handshake, a Howdy, and a beer)

Fitz.....we were all winners just by being able to see you out cooking again, you had a good weekend, and we'll all hate it when you really learn all the ins and outs of the pellet cooker.

To my wife Teresa.....we wouldn't be what we are without you...the sauce you make up is wonderful....and we turn our final product over to you (and John) to put in the box and give it that "pizazz"....you're an artist, and I thank you!:grin:

Congrats to all that walked this weekend....I was happy where we finished....and we'll continue to work to get that grand champion!

lazyjacres
10-14-2007, 11:38 AM
........................................I was happy where we finished....and we'll continue to work to get that grand champion!

Yah Kick......... .0002 out of RGC! You all have been knocking at the door.
Again, congratulations to everyone, and especially to Mark of Great Grills for being such a good sport at the presentations! If you can't have a little fun at these things................

we'll smoke u
10-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Well I can say only one thing and that is WAAHOOO!!!!!!!

I had a blast and it was great meeting the MOFO Brethren you guy's shure made me feel at home. I will be making a trip down nexted year sometime for another comp. It was really nice to put a face to a name.

One of the koolest parts was on fri night when we toasted KCquer.
REST IN PEACE BROTHER

Peace out
Scott

beam boys bbq
10-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Anybody get to see York out there cuttin a rug on the dance floor? What a sight!:razz::razz: He was dancin back wards and coming toward me and fell smack dab into my lapp. It was like being tackled at a NFL game!:biggrin:

i was tired i needed some where to sit
i have not danced like that since high school
man o man was it fun so see everyone have an good off season
i hope my loan goes threw and we get to up grade like we want

O by the was the bbq trailer is for sale we are up grading

york

beam boys bbq
10-14-2007, 03:47 PM
WTG All. York - nice job in chicken. You or Paul?

paul did the chicken i was in bed :-D

Aimee
10-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Thank you to everyone! Thanks to Jamey for all of your hard work and another successful year. Congratulations to all who walked. I will attach some pics as soon as I get a chance. By the way Jamey did you find out who put your golf cart up for sale?

Chick'n Pig BBQ
10-14-2007, 07:16 PM
What a great contest!!! Aimee and Jamey you all did an awesome job and you both are wonderful to be around. I am glad to be able to call you my friends.!!!!!!!
We had a blast friday night it was great!!!! The rain and wind sucked but the rest was absolutely wonderful. Thanks to everyone for making this contest so much fun. Congrats to all that got calls. Mark and Becky Congratulations on the win!!!

jbrink01
10-14-2007, 08:41 PM
I have to give Jeff (JBrink01) and Fast Eddy a big thanks for their advice on cooking a brisket in my new cooker. I may be calling again soon so I can get these rib scores up.

You are welcome! Let me know on the ribs. They are soooooo easy, and the FEC takes to them like a duck to water.

Bbq Bubba
10-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Congrat's to Mark n Becky and all the other's that walked :biggrin:
How long before Great Grills have a cooking class?? :rolleyes:

Bellybro
10-15-2007, 07:52 AM
What a great weekend! Even though I was soaked through to the bone!
Great to see everyone again.
Congrats to everyone that had there name called!
Thanks to all my team members. We all do an important part for the team!
Mark and Becky you definitley have the MOJO working!

MoKanMeathead
10-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Congrats to Great Grills and everyone that got called.

Sawdustguy
10-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Congratulations to all that got called.

spicewine
10-15-2007, 12:29 PM
14 Spicewine Owner calls in the Top 10!!! Great Job!!

Spice

SmokeInDaEye
10-15-2007, 12:38 PM

Spice

14 out of 10???? Is that some sort of new math, Spice?

Congrats to all the Brethren who walked. Sounds like a great, though wet, contest.

we'll smoke u
10-15-2007, 03:40 PM

Spice

Hey Jay thanks for the care package I will be trying out the sauces tonight. I look forward to comeing down nexted year sometime. We had a blast.

Aimee
10-15-2007, 03:48 PM
I wanted to tell Trail Boss, Team Q, and Jamey thanks so much I owe all of you one! All of these teams are amazing people, and I will never be able to thank you all enough for your support. Everyone kept a smile on my face, even when I was tired and soaking wet....I don't know how you all do it, but you are the absolute best of the best! I had a lot of fun, and enjoyed each one of you this weekend! I am proud to be a part of such a fine group of people. Again thank you so much for making this event what it is today! Great Grills O' Fire thank you for cooking up an unbelievable amount of meat for another organization that I am a part of. The kids at Coyote Hill will be doing back flips to get a chance to eat the best BBQ in the world. You guys are the best! I apprecitiate everyone tremendously. You all are top notch individuals! Again I am working on getting these pictures posted so that all can see the trophies and walks. Thanks again to everyone! I could never do any of this without you! All of you are some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of working with!

spicewine
10-15-2007, 08:36 PM
14 out of 10???? Is that some sort of new math, Spice?

Congrats to all the Brethren who walked. Sounds like a great, though wet, contest.

4 MEAT CATAGORIES--- 10--- CALLS EACH
1 BEST OF THE BEST CATEGORY 10 CALLS EACH

YOU DO THE MATH!!

Again , Congrats

Spice

spicewine
10-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey Jay thanks for the care package I will be trying out the sauces tonight. I look forward to comeing down nexted year sometime. We had a blast.

Scott: Man!! I would like to cook with you every day!! You are a GREAT GUY and I am in envey of your trailor. Keep in touch Bro!!

Spice

beam boys bbq
10-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Scott: Man!! I would like to cook with you every day!! You are a GREAT GUY and I am in envey of your trailor. Keep in touch Bro!!

Spice

i second that

york

Aimee
10-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Trophies

Grand Champ

Reserve

1st-6th each catagory

1st-6th each catagory

Great Grills O' Fire

Belly Brothers & Team Q

Beam Boys

York being Grandpa PAPPY

Jamey Taking some Pics

Band

Band

More of the band

River City Smokehouse and Jeff from Bubba and Jeff's

Belly Brother's

Great Grills O' Fire

Chick N' Pig (WAY TO GO SAMMY!!!)

In Deep Sauce

Bubba & Jeff's

Great Grills O' Fire

Congratulations to all that walked...see you next year! Thanks to all of you I appreciate all that participated. I hope everyone had a great time! :-D

Jeff_in_KC
10-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Cute! Mark brought two kids with him! :-P Take it light, Beck! :lol:

I seriously want to know what Spurgeon said to crack you up like that, Aimee! Hilarious photo! Looks like some good pictures there! And great touch to recognize the fact that you quite possibly were the first contest ever to have both the Royal Grand Champs competing the next weekend.

Aimee
10-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Congrats to all the winners! The trophies all looked fantastic and the whole weekend was alot of fun. To bad Ammee could not control the rain. Or can she? hmmmmm

You will never know.......:icon_smil

Aimee
10-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Cute! Mark brought two kids with him! :-P Take it light, Beck! :lol:

I seriously want to know what Spurgeon said to crack you up like that, Aimee! Hilarious photo! Looks like some good pictures there! And great touch to recognize the fact that you quite possibly were the first contest ever to have both the Royal Grand Champs competing the next weekend.

I can't remember what he said, although it had to be hilarious! It was a lot of fun and everyone kept a smile on my face! Jeff is just damn funny anyway!

Solidkick
10-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Damn! No pictures of the Belly Brothers getting their trophies for pork and brisket?
BellyBro always gets the publicity! LOL

Aimee
10-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Damn! No pictures of the Belly Brothers getting their trophies for pork and brisket?

There is one picture in there....but the brisket I am not sure that picture got taken...Sorry :cry: I was not in control of the camera at that time. I owe you one! :smile:

Jeff@KC
10-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Aimee, I'm not sure what I said, but I think it had something to do with the size of my..........ribs!

Jeff_in_KC
10-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Aimee, I'm not sure what I said, but I think it had something to do with the size of my..........ribs!

I bet that would make her laugh. :-P

Bellybro
10-18-2007, 07:42 AM

It's a gift!