PDA

View Full Version : Aurthur Bryant's

nmayeux
09-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Flying into KC on Wednesday evening, and was thinking of dinner at Aurther Bryant's before driving to Topeka for a plant meeting. Any thoughts or suggestions? I will only have a couple of hours...

Plowboy
09-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Flying into KC on Wednesday evening, and was thinking of dinner at Aurther Bryant's before driving to Topeka for a plant meeting. Any thoughts or suggestions? I will only have a couple of hours...

Depending on the time of evening... its not a great part of town.

Try Oklahoma Joes in Olathe. Not any further out of your way than Bryants would be.

smknwhlswife
09-10-2007, 07:27 PM
There is an Arthur Bryants at the Legends Shopping Center in KCK. It is right where I-435 meets with I-70, so you would be able to head to Topeka very easily. Bonus......Andy and I live in that area and might be able to meet up with you.

http://www.arthurbryantsbbq.com/restaurants.htm

VGuilford
09-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Yea the Bryant's downtown should be visited at lunch time. The one in KCK is new so it doesn't have the nostalgia the one downtown does. If your going to meet for dinner I might be able to go to KCK.

nmayeux
09-11-2007, 06:07 PM
My flight gets in at 6pm, so we will be heading directly to AB's for dinner before heading to Topeka. If you guys are there, we should be at the restaurant at about 7pm. I will be with my boss, so it won't get too wild...

VGuilford
09-12-2007, 08:58 AM
So 7pm at the AB's in KCK on the 19th?

Plowboy
09-12-2007, 09:30 AM
So 7pm at the AB's in KCK on the 19th?

I think he means tonight.

VGuilford
09-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I think he means tonight.
Who's all going?

smknwhlswife
09-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Noah - Sorry we didn't make it. My youngest daughter and I are sick which left Andy more work to do to get ready for this weekend. We will try and catch you next time.

Plowboy
09-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah, that's like a 45 minute drive across town, and I have a sick with as well. Just couldn't get away for the evening.

nmayeux
09-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Damn Guys,
I just got back, and it was a good trip (considering it was for work). AB's was pretty good, and we picked up a little bit of memorabilia... I think the atmosphere was as much a part of the place as the food, and I loved the screen door and the people fixing the minivan out front. :) Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet some of you, but it was a marathon trip. Heck, I didn't even get a chance to get drunk. :(