PDA

View Full Version : Big Creek Take RGC and other results

Merl
09-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Jeff of Big Creek BBQ took RGC at the Blue Springs BBQ Championship. That is a great showing amoung some incredible cooks. Jeff has had a great season, and is always a welcome competitor.

Other Results:
Blue Springs:
GC - Smoke on the water.
RGC - Big Creek BBQ

Sparta, Wi
GC - 2 Fat bikers
RGC - Prairie Oak Smokers

Salem, Il
GC - Dr. Porkenstein
RGC - Quau.

Ron_L
09-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Wow! Great Job to everyone, but especially to Jeff, Buzz and Alex and Kate!

rbinms33
09-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Also.....

Ashland, MS
GC - River City Rub
RGC - South Pork

The_Kapn
09-08-2007, 06:15 PM
WTG Jeff and all the Brothers.

Proud of you!

TIM

BBQPrincess
09-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Congratulations to everyone!

rbinms33
09-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Ok, Jeff.....tried to send you a PM with a congrats but apparantly everyone else had the same idea and your mailbox is now full. :-P

Congrats on the RGC!!

scottyd
09-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Jeff your knocken on the door of the GC I can see it coming soon. WTG!

bbqbull
09-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Congrats Brethren in your great scoring!

Jeff_in_KC
09-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Wasn't just us today... Todd and Randy, the Plowboys, took 3rd place overall and Todd was thrilled to get his first ever hometown title (for teams from Blue Springs). I think he said he's been trying for five years to get it. Congrats, guys! And Bubba and Jeff got 5th overall with some strong Q turn-ins!!

Thanks guys! What a great day it's been, even on a whopping 20 minutes of sleep last night! And to make it even more fun, Taylor took 3rd in Kids Q! Tammy and I wanted to express our thanks to all of my brothers here, as it is the collective wealth of knowledge and encouragement I've gotten from everyone that helped us along the way. I know it wasn't the top just yet but I wouldn't be giving credit where it's due if I didn't thank a couple of my best friends... Wayne, Jeff was right... you ARE the man! It was two years ago this weeks that I first met you and the Meatheads and you have taught me so much about BBQ and I thank you for that. And Bubba and Jeff... you are two great winners and I feel like you guys and Tammy and I have kind of grown up together in BBQ and your support and encouragement are appreciated more than you'll know.

OK, I'll shut up now! The pizza is here. :lol:

River City Smokehouse
09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Jeff it was great to see you get the RGC call. It was definitley well deserved. Todd and Randy, you guys were rockin today! Randy take care of that foot.
Jeff and Bub and Robin, you all are the best and will always have a special place in my heart for you three! BTW thanks for the ribs and brisket. It was a decent contest. There were a majority of CBJ's under the tent today. Only 3 people that had never judged a bbq contest before and only a hand full of non certs that were experienced. It really was a fun time.

Oh hey Jeff Spurgeon? What was that Scruder girls name? Ida?:wink:

Fredbird
09-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Atta boy Jeff! Congrats to all the Brethren that walked! It sounds like you guys had a good time!

clubjoe
09-08-2007, 08:30 PM
nice job Jeff!!! Must be the charcoal your using now:wink: Really great job Jeff, Todd & Randy along with Bubba and Jeff. Making the Brethren proud!

Sawdustguy
09-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Conbratulations Jeff! I knew it was just a matter of time before you would get a RGC or GC. Like I always say. You can't keep a good man down for long.:biggrin:

DeanC
09-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Congrats Todd, Jeff, and everyone else, sounds like Blue Springs was a great contest.

HoDeDo
09-08-2007, 08:39 PM
congrats everyone! Jeff, good to see you getting that mojo back!

The Pickled Pig
09-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Impressive job Jeff! Your contest Q is being recognized.

Rookie'48
09-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Gooooo, Brethren!!!!!:-D
Dave

Bigmista
09-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Was this a contest or a love fest? Congrats Jeff and all the other brethren!

Plowboy
09-09-2007, 12:57 AM
There was a small eruption of Brethren contingency when Jeff got his call. I was exciting to be a part of it. As they counted down the top three home town teams and got to number one, Jeff is looking at me in the crowd like, "YOU!" It is so cool that most BBQ people, but especially Brethren, want to see each other do well. ALL Brethren were congratulating Jeff, Randy, and I.

While on the phone with Andy afterwards, I read to him the top 20. He was like, "Holy Chit!" There's a lot of GCs and RGCs in that group. I want to acknowledge the results of a one of the best cooks, great Brethren, and a great guy who DIDN'T get a call today. SloppyQ was 20th today in a very strong field. There were cooks in the top 25 that make me nervous when I see them pull in. Lee's been retooling his comp Q this year and his team. He was a solo cook this weekend with help from his wife. He's arse was dragging when I saw him at awards. All of his finishes were very respectable in the crowd. He was in the top 1/3 or top 1/5 in all of his entries. Ribs were 18th and Chef's choice was 13th out of 77 teams! Lee, you improved greatly from Laurie & Warrensburg. Keep working at it, Brother!!! I hope you are proud of what you did today and the ground you gained. I'm proud of you, Brother!!! Glad to call you friend.

cmcadams
09-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Congrats to all... great finish Jeff, and way to go Todd!

BBQ_MAFIA
09-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Congrats Jeff, Todd and Randy.

Spydermike72
09-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Way to go Bros!!!

scottyd
09-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Nice job Jeff,Todd and Randy. Very nice.

Solidkick
09-09-2007, 08:53 AM
The Brethren showed up, cooked, walked, and kicked a$$!!

Congrats to all!

Jeff, I smiled for an hour after our phone conversation...that story of you lifting Tammy in the air, kissing her, setting her down, then looking for Taylor to go up to get the award....and Taylor's already on the stage is priceless! I wish someone got a movie of that! You could have scripted it any better! :)

River City Smokehouse
09-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Congrats once again Jeff! Here is a picture for ALL brethren to see.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z234/River_City_Smokehouse/BlueSprings2007047w.jpg

Jeff@KC
09-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Man Jeff, that was awesome!! Congrats to Todd and Todd also. We had alot of fun and it sure was good to see Fitz feeling better. Pretty soon he'll be back to kicking our butt too...See ya guys soon

beam boys bbq
09-09-2007, 09:25 AM
:-D :-D att boy :-D :-D

VitaminQ
09-09-2007, 09:33 AM
This is fantastic! Congrats to all!

You know, at this rate they're going to start banning Brethren teams from competition . . . to give the rest of the field a fighting chance! :mrgreen:

MilitantSquatter
09-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Way to go Jeff !!!!!!!!! Awesome job !!!

parrothead
09-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Nice job all!

SmokeInDaEye
09-09-2007, 10:38 AM
I think you found whatever you lost, Jeff! Congrats to Plowboty as well!

MrSmoker
09-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Congrats to all the Brethren that walked, WTG

we'll smoke u
09-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Jeff of Big Creek BBQ took RGC at the Blue Springs BBQ Championship. That is a great showing amoung some incredible cooks. Jeff has had a great season, and is always a welcome competitor.

Other Results:
Blue Springs:
GC - Smoke on the water.
RGC - Big Creek BBQ

Sparta, Wi
GC - 2 Fat bikers
RGC - Prairie Oak Smokers

Salem, Il
GC - Dr. Porkenstein
RGC - Quau.

Way to go Jeff it's good to see some of the brothers do good at comps.

Thanks Merl for the up dates, also it was good to meet you and your wife at the judgeing class. We really enjoyed visiting and having dinner with you and Carol. look forward to doing it agian soon.

Mo-Dave
09-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Nice job Jeff and for all those that took the walk congratulations.
Dave

G$
09-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Coulda sworn I offered congrats in this thread, but can't find it. Congratulations to all!

slat
09-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Congrats on the great finishes Brothers.

Sledneck
09-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Congrat to all of the illuminati that walked

qman
09-09-2007, 08:25 PM
This is fantastic! Congrats to all!

You know, at this rate they're going to start banning Brethren teams from competition . . . to give the rest of the field a fighting chance! :mrgreen:

I have been worried about the same thing.:shock: Can they do that?

Maybe the Illuminiti of the Brethren better not get too good. Don't want us banned from competition.

bruskee
09-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Wow...

Congrats Jeff, and all that walked...

PigBoy
09-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Jeff it was great to see you get the RGC call. It was definitley well deserved. Todd and Randy, you guys were rockin today! Randy take care of that foot.
Jeff and Bub and Robin, you all are the best and will always have a special place in my heart for you three! BTW thanks for the ribs and brisket. It was a decent contest. There were a majority of CBJ's under the tent today. Only 3 people that had never judged a bbq contest before and only a hand full of non certs that were experienced. It really was a fun time.

Oh hey Jeff Spurgeon? What was that Scruder girls name? Ida?:wink:

Jim, it was great to meet you and your son. I think you have more to take of than me! Congrats to all- good times!:-D

SloppyQ
09-09-2007, 09:22 PM
There was a small eruption of Brethren contingency when Jeff got his call. I was exciting to be a part of it. As they counted down the top three home town teams and got to number one, Jeff is looking at me in the crowd like, "YOU!" It is so cool that most BBQ people, but especially Brethren, want to see each other do well. ALL Brethren were congratulating Jeff, Randy, and I.

While on the phone with Andy afterwards, I read to him the top 20. He was like, "Holy Chit!" There's a lot of GCs and RGCs in that group. I want to acknowledge the results of a one of the best cooks, great Brethren, and a great guy who DIDN'T get a call today. SloppyQ was 20th today in a very strong field. There were cooks in the top 25 that make me nervous when I see them pull in. Lee's been retooling his comp Q this year and his team. He was a solo cook this weekend with help from his wife. He's arse was dragging when I saw him at awards. All of his finishes were very respectable in the crowd. He was in the top 1/3 or top 1/5 in all of his
entries. Ribs were 18th and Chef's choice was 13th out of 77 teams! Lee, you improved greatly from Laurie & Warrensburg. Keep working at it, Brother!!! I hope you are proud of what you did today and the ground you gained. I'm proud of you, Brother!!! Glad to call you friend.

Thanks Todd for the good words and yes I was proud and very tired. This is why I hang out on this site, you and rest of the Brethren are truely friends. BTW I think Jeff found it.:biggrin:

Jeff_in_KC
09-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks, Lee! I was proud to see your strong finish, especially given the circumstances you described to me on Friday morning! GREAT job!!!

butts a fire
09-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Congrats to all. Looks like Blue springs was a great contest

tonto1117
09-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Congrat's to all...very cool:cool: Jeff, no more "I Lost it" talk....:biggrin:

Again, very cool guys!!!!!!!! Congrat's!!!

VGuilford
09-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Congrats to all that walked. I guess I shoulda stayed longer Friday night. You guys were rolling when I left.

Bellybro
09-10-2007, 09:27 AM
WTG Jeff

Congrates to all the Bretheren teams!

Timmy
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
The Brethren strike again! Good job and congrats to all!

tkuehn5410
09-10-2007, 01:29 PM
It's great to hear of your results after you have had such a tough year. Congratulations!

Chick'n Pig BBQ
09-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Congrats Jeff ,Tammy and Taylor Way to go!
Also Congrats to all the Brethren teams that walked.

BBQ_Mayor
09-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Nice job Jeff.

beerguy
09-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Great Job Jeff and Tammy, and all the teams that competed and walked. You are my inspiration. proud of all of you.