PDA

View Full Version : Slide on BBQ Trailer

Plowboy
09-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Has anyone seen or considered putting a slide (pop out) on a bbq trailer like a camping trailer? They add so much room, I'm surprised no one has designed something like this.

I'm considering a 20' trailer for next year. It would be similar to Yankee's and Pellet Envy's. 20' pull trailer with 4' rear deck. Planning two FEC-100's mounted on the back. One FEC will be left handed and the other right handed so that the controls/hoppers will be to the inside and the exhaust stacks to the outside. Beyond a concession window, triple sink, and 20' awning, I've not too many more plans for it at this time.

Sledneck
09-03-2007, 09:56 PM
good idea, i will goover at poobahs house with a sawzall and and test it out on his new trailer. I will post results with pics. I will do it while he is out. I cant wait to see the look on his face

Plowboy
09-03-2007, 10:12 PM
good idea, i will goover at poobahs house with a sawzall and and test it out on his new trailer. I will post results with pics. I will do it while he is out. I cant wait to see the look on his face

Thanks. Let me know how that goes.

Bigmista
09-03-2007, 10:35 PM
...I will goover at poobahs house...I cant wait to see the look on his face

I don't I would want anyone to goover at my house. I mean who's gonna clean it up?

pigmaker23
09-04-2007, 05:55 AM
The Philly Pigs have a set up where the smokers slide out of the back of the trailer on rails under the floor, that creates a 4-5' deck off the back of the trailer, its a cool set up.

spicewine
09-04-2007, 07:57 AM
There is a place in KC that installs Slide Outs. Don't remember the name.

Spice

drbbq
09-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Has anyone seen or considered putting a slide (pop out) on a bbq trailer like a camping trailer? They add so much room, I'm surprised no one has designed something like this.

I'm considering a 20' trailer for next year. It would be similar to Yankee's and Pellet Envy's. 20' pull trailer with 4' rear deck. Planning two FEC-100's mounted on the back. One FEC will be left handed and the other right handed so that the controls/hoppers will be to the inside and the exhaust stacks to the outside. Beyond a concession window, triple sink, and 20' awning, I've not too many more plans for it at this time.

I just listed my trailer for sale and it has a lot of what you mentioned. No slide out though.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31196

kcpellethead
09-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Todd,

From what I hear, the average cost of a slide is $10K. That's probably the biggest reason you don't see them on bbq trailers.

Ray - Does that video camera work just as well when you train it on the action inside the trailer?

Rod

drbbq
09-04-2007, 11:27 AM
One is aimed at the customer/robber and one is aimed at the door but their both fake so it doesn't really matter much.

HoDeDo
09-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Premier Coach Services in KC (down in Riverside) does slides. They are close to $10K. More elaborate ones run $20K. www.premiercoachservices.com (http://www.premiercoachservices.com)

Work and Play (Forest River) used to make a trailer with a slide on it. Roadmaster did also. I considered both, but I thought the living quarters were too Spartan and Flimsy. The cargo areas were awesome, but I need living space that would hold up to my gals abuse.

Play-mor sportsters are available at premier coach also... you might be able to order a slide on one of thiers from the factory for less than having them add one aftermarket.

Muzzlebrake
09-04-2007, 02:36 PM
I have been thinking about that more and more as a trailer moves up my wish list.
I was thinking about something like these

http://www.fleetwoodcampingtrailers.com/series.aspx?id=6&sn=Scorpion

I would really like a place to keep all that kitchen stuff stored so we dont have to fark with it and unpack and pack it all up.