PDA

View Full Version : Atchsion Kansas roll call

Knothead
09-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Is anyone going to be in the contest in Atchison KS, this weekend?

smknwhlswife
09-03-2007, 04:22 PM
We will be there. Cooking and Vending. btw...it's the 14th & 15th.:wink:

Knothead
09-04-2007, 04:51 AM
I was a week off, almost started packing up,:icon_blush: I must of gotten to excited. see you there.

Knothead
09-10-2007, 08:25 PM
anyone else going to Atchison KS?

HoDeDo
09-10-2007, 09:12 PM
I know some MOFOs are going to Kearney...

BBQ2, FOMSB, and a few other teams will be out at Atchison. Should be a good contest.

kcpellethead
09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
This is a great little contest. The town really supports it. We've been there both of the first two years. Unfortunately, we are going to miss it to go cook at Pine Bluff. Deb does a great job. Power is good. Check out the matting in the play area. That's weird, wild stuff. I want to cover my whole back yard with it!

Good luck to all!

Rod

smknwhlswife
09-11-2007, 09:06 AM
If anyone wants to come up and help us, let us know. Besides cooking for the contest we are also vending.

Timmy
09-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Yep, like Andy said, BBQ2 will be there.
Hopefully we get off to a better start on Friday than we did last Friday. What a nightmare.

MoKanMeathead
09-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Andy/Kim, Good luck this weekend. You guys are due for a big one.!!

scottyd
09-11-2007, 07:27 PM
andy we are looking for a contest now that westpoint has canceled. how is this one?

HoDeDo
09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
This will be my first year cooking it, but I heard good things. It is on the river - I'm going to go scout it out at some point this week. I've never been up to that park. I think you need to go to Pine Bluff :rolleyes: hehe

We'd love to have you down this way. Come on down!

HoDeDo
09-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Andy/Kim, Good luck this weekend. You guys are due for a big one.!!

Thanks Wayne - we're going to give it a shot this weekend. Is mission this weekend or are you free?

Knothead
09-11-2007, 08:40 PM
I read in the paper this week that they are still accepting teams and they will not turn anyone away, so come on down. Its nice at the park, and if you ask me the smaller contest are the way to go.

scottyd
09-11-2007, 08:44 PM
will see what happens will try to contack tomorrow. here or park city is where we are looking. I like this one and Parrothead smokers likes park city so well see.

Plowboy
09-11-2007, 08:49 PM
andy we are looking for a contest now that westpoint has canceled. how is this one?

Scott - COME TO KEARNEY, BROTHA!!!!

Andy - Mission is this weekend.

scottyd
09-11-2007, 08:53 PM
we looked at that also. we just have to make our minds up tomorrow. long haul but I need to compete.

Jeff_in_KC
09-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Hmmm... very intriguing idea for me now that I have some extra jack in the bank for such things. :wink: Would have to head towards Atchison after I get off work at 4:30 but what the heck...

HoDeDo
09-11-2007, 09:55 PM
we looked at that also. we just have to make our minds up tomorrow. long haul but I need to compete.

Anything coming of the SD contest that could replace westpoint?

HoDeDo
09-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Hmmm... very intriguing idea for me now that I have some extra jack in the bank for such things. :wink: Would have to head towards Atchison after I get off work at 4:30 but what the heck...

Vending is 5-10p on Friday... I think you should come out and vend for me!!!

Jeff_in_KC
09-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Vending is 5-10p on Friday... I think you should come out and vend for me!!!

Haven't I screwed up your team enough for one season? :lol: If I drive all the way up to Atchison, I'm by gawd cooking! :lol:

How much is entry fee?

HoDeDo
09-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Haven't I screwed up your team enough for one season? :lol: If I drive all the way up to Atchison, I'm by gawd cooking! :lol:

How much is entry fee?

Why do you think I'm putting you on vending duty!!! Instead of screwing up you get to make me money!!! :twisted::wink:

The entry fee at Atchison was $200.

Jeff_in_KC
09-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Why do you think I'm putting you on vending duty!!! Instead of screwing up you get to make me money!!! :twisted::wink:

The entry fee at Atchison was $200.

$200????? :shock: They must have some pretty darned good payouts then.

HoDeDo
09-11-2007, 10:25 PM

I'm sure that $200 includes the uplift for electricity and dessert, etc. I don't have a copy of the entry form now, I just looked at the checkbook to see what we sent them.

The payouts are for grand and reserve - ribbons through 10th place in each catagory. If you are hunting money... then you need to be arkansas bound bro!!! $30K total purse there, right?

Plowboy
09-11-2007, 10:31 PM

Kearney was close to that, but only paid out top 5 for the same number of teams. :cry:

HoDeDo
09-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Kearney was close to that, but only paid out top 5 for the same number of teams. :cry:

I dont think Atchison Pays out the top 5 - the money chance there is vending... I think they just pay GC and RGC.

Jeff_in_KC
09-12-2007, 06:41 AM
No $$ for categories? Fark that! I'm not hunting anything like Arkansas but damn, I'd like to cover gas money. :lol:

smknwhlswife
09-12-2007, 07:46 AM
No $$ for categories? Fark that! I'm not hunting anything like Arkansas but damn, I'd like to cover gas money. :lol:

I think they pay for categories, but for the overall only 1st & 2nd.

Jeff_in_KC
09-12-2007, 11:34 AM
OK... talked to Deb this morning and I'm IN for Atchison. See you guys there!

kcpellethead
09-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Jeff,

Atchison is a great little contest. They don't have big bucks, but they make up for it in hospitality and a good time. We've cooked it the first two years and really enjoyed it. Great setting, just off of the river. They have a great place for kids to play (playground). Check out the playground surface. It's awesome. There is a bar & grill within walking distance. Watch out for the sweet potato fries though, they put cinnamon & sugar on them - WHAT?

The locals are friendly and have small parties in their spots on Friday, but nothing out of control. Deb will do whatever she can to make you feel welcome.

I talked with her today. They still have room if anyone is on the fence. We'll be back next year!

Rod

Plowboy
09-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Jeff,

Atchison is a great little contest. They don't have big bucks, but they make up for it in hospitality and a good time. We've cooked it the first two years and really enjoyed it. Great setting, just off of the river. They have a great place for kids to play (playground). Check out the playground surface. It's awesome. There is a bar & grill within walking distance. Watch out for the sweet potato fries though, they put cinnamon & sugar on them - WHAT?

The locals are friendly and have small parties in their spots on Friday, but nothing out of control. Deb will do whatever she can to make you feel welcome.

I talked with her today. They still have room if anyone is on the fence. We'll be back next year!

Rod

That bar and grill on the corner is awesome!!! Took wife to a B&B in Atchison last year for her birthday. The whole river area is beautiful. Great spot for a contest.

kcpellethead
09-12-2007, 05:16 PM
That bar and grill on the corner is awesome!!! Took wife to a B&B in Atchison last year for her birthday. The whole river area is beautiful. Great spot for a contest.

Soooooooo, you're in, right? C'mon Todd, you're cooking well. Jump in there!

Plowboy
09-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Soooooooo, you're in, right? C'mon Todd, you're cooking well. Jump in there!

Going to Kearney.

Jeff@KC
09-12-2007, 07:55 PM
I think this message looks familiar!

scottyd
09-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Anything coming of the SD contest that could replace westpoint?

Nope coming to play with you guys. me and parrothead are going to be there sometime Friday am. So Andy we are looking for that great Kansas hospitality.

HoDeDo
09-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Nope coming to play with you guys. me and parrothead are going to be there sometime Friday am. So Andy we are looking for that great Kansas hospitality.

You can help me vend, yeah!

Glad you guys are coming down.

scottyd
09-12-2007, 08:17 PM
480 miles but I am sure it will be a good time. I am flying solo so here we go. never done it alone. could be a crash!!! I do need my wife. she is a great team mate. But she has to work Friday and can not get off. now if we were in west point she could drive down after work no big deal. a few hours vs well 7 or 8. so I am a loner

scottyd
09-12-2007, 08:18 PM
oh and I can help vend if you are needing a great salesman. I am all in!!!

Jeff_in_KC
09-12-2007, 08:28 PM
480 miles but I am sure it will be a good time. I am flying solo so here we go. never done it alone. could be a crash!!! I do need my wife. she is a great team mate. But she has to work Friday and can not get off. now if we were in west point she could drive down after work no big deal. a few hours vs well 7 or 8. so I am a loner

Hey Scotty, I'm in the same boat. My wife can't make it due to Saturday obligations with our daughter so I'm flying solo as well. Looking forward to meeting you! Guess you and I will be two of the busiest farkers there! :lol:

scottyd
09-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Ya parrothead always does it on his own so I know if he can do it I am sure I can. Just need to readjust somethings as I never do the boxes (well the garnish thing anyway. crap Might have to try that no garnish thing. NOT.

Jeff_in_KC
09-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Ya parrothead always does it on his own so I know if he can do it I am sure I can. Just need to readjust somethings as I never do the boxes (well the garnish thing anyway. crap Might have to try that no garnish thing. NOT.

:lol: That's my main concern as well... my wife always does our putting greens... errr... boxes. I might have to do them up on Friday night.

scottyd
09-12-2007, 09:16 PM
I suck at the green stuff, I am sure I can just throw it in there and it will look good, little sauce here and there. oh yeah puddle this and that. who is going to wipe this up. crap I am going to be a mess. Good thing I have my big trailer cause I will be cussing and no one can here me. I will be crazy.

yelonutz
09-12-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm still on my cross country trip. Tonight I am in Limon Co. I am heading to Kansas tomorrow. I am going to try to come over to this event. How do I recognize you guys? Banners or what? Let me know.

scottyd
09-12-2007, 09:23 PM
look for my big red trailer with my logo and Jack Links Beef Jerky on the side. Great big goose neck. stop by say hi and so great hospitality.

smknwhlswife
09-12-2007, 09:25 PM

:lol: That's my main concern as well... my wife always does our putting greens... errr... boxes. I might have to do them up on Friday night.

If you guys get me a little something (maybe like vanilla rum), I might consider doing your boxes for you. But you would have to check with Andy......I am his Box B*t*h:wink::wink::wink::wink:

Just kiddin! Let me know if you want some help!

HoDeDo
09-12-2007, 09:46 PM
oh and I can help vend if you are needing a great salesman. I am all in!!!

We could probably use the help on Friday night. we'll see how it goes. I might just take you up on your salesmanship :eusa_clap

I'm still on my cross country trip. Tonight I am in Limon Co. I am heading to Kansas tomorrow. I am going to try to come over to this event. How do I recognize you guys? Banners or what? Let me know. Sportsmen Sportster 5th wheel toy hauler... and "Smoke on Wheels" banners all over.

I'm going in Thurs. night, so I'll see you in the morning. You and John (you too Jeff) guys are welcome to eat with us on Friday night, and if you need help with garnish prep - I'm sure Kim could at assist with greenery.... I'd hate for you to be picking parsley out of the crevasses of your trailer a year from now :twisted:

Of course we'll have appropriate beverages on Friday evening, and Sat. morning. 8-)

Roo-B-Q'N
09-13-2007, 01:20 PM
We are in! Talked with Debbie this morning and we filled in spot number 25! Looking forward to seeing some of the brethren this weekend!

Jeff_in_KC
09-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Lookin' forward to meeting ya, Roo!

HoDeDo
09-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Anyone out in the Atchison area - feel free to swing by tonight. I'll be the guy sitting by the FEC with a crown and coke in hand!!!! Watching the meat probe LCD change.... kinda like watching grass grow :)

Plowboy
09-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Damn, looks like a Brethren-fest, and I'll be over the river at Kearney. Crap!!

Knothead
09-13-2007, 04:12 PM
can't wait to see you all there. get off work at 10:30 be down there around 11:30. My house is 5 minutes away so if anybody forgets anything or needs something look me up.

Smokeneyes
09-13-2007, 05:53 PM
I went to college in Atchison. All that wasted time with classes, girls, football, and beer were wasted. I could have been perfecting BBQ.

yelonutz
09-13-2007, 08:03 PM
I will be there tomorrow some time. 6'5" with a tan tee shirt that says Butte Creek BBQ. Holar if ya see me. John

Bigdog
09-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Brethren Alert:
Met with John, Yelonuts, last night for some cold ones. He's a great guy with some amazing sauces for you to try. I'm sure that you will show him some Midwestern hospitality. Thanks again John and have a great time.8-)

HoDeDo
09-15-2007, 08:39 PM
It was great to meet Yelonuts and Knothead this weekend! John, that habanero sauce you gave jeff is great!!! tried it this morning.

Tom - Great to see you again! I owe Char!!!! :o)

Gorgeous weather, great friends.... nice to have Scotty, Jeff, and John for neighbors. This contest was a blast. Thanks to Rod for telling us how great of a contest it was!!!

Jeff_in_KC
09-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Except for the drunk visitors in the middle of the night that got the po-po called on them twice, it was a lot of fun. good seeing you all again and meeting some other folks I hadn't met before.

smknwhlswife
09-15-2007, 08:50 PM
For everyone at Atchison........."DAMN IT ANDY!!!"

smknwhlswife
09-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Overall

GC - The Will Deal Catering
RGC - Parrothead Smoker
3 - Babyback BBq
4 - Tasty Green's BBQ
5 - Dusty Roads BBQ
6 - Roo-B-Q'N
7 - Smoke On Wheels
8 - Buttinski Bros BBQ
9 - Chicken Coupe
10 - I Wanna Eat Too

13 - All Season BBQ
16 - Big Creek BBQ
17 - Scotty D's
22 - BBQ2
26 - KnotHeads BBQ

Knothead
09-16-2007, 07:27 AM
Damn I hate getting my ass kicked. Nice to me you all, and thanks for buying all the candy bars for my kids school.

scottyd
09-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey what a great little contest it was, damit andy I had a good time. Andy had a great time as usual, and Jeff you had a nice Runner!! Hey Knothead tell the girls the candy bars are great and wish I would have got another 10 always willing to help the kids out.

Yellownuts glad to meet you hope you have a good trip to get that new pit. let us know how you like it. Sorry I did not even see you leave friday night. we will meet again brother.

Roo congrats on all the calls and dam are my arms tired after all that wing talk

yelonutz
09-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Fellow farkers, sorry to be so late gettin back to yall. I am
sitting in a chicken joint in Southern Arkansas and heading for LA. It was my pleasure to get to meet yall. You folks made me feel right at home, esp Dammitandy. Had a great time and wish I could have stayed longer but there are miles to burn and Hab sauce to spread around. Those that had it, please email tim and let him know. I will post picks of the new pit when I pick it up tomorrow. Thanks again, John.

Damnitandy! God I love that. It just rolls off the tonge (Keyboard?)