PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man BBQ

Sledneck
09-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Heres the deal. I am cooking Oct 19-20 at the diamond state BBQ championship at the dover downs in Delaware. I am cooking Oct 20-21 at the battle of the BBQ brethren in sayville. Got your attention? Obviously i cant be at two places at the same time on Saturday. I am looking for a teammate for the sayville event. Basically i need someone to set up on Saturday, get my meat inspected and get the briskets and butts on sat night . Sounds simple enough? It gets better....saturday night i am in a wedding party!!!!!!! Two contests in the same weekend with a wedding in the middle! I don't know if i will survive it but i never back down from a challenge and most of you know I am crazy enough to pull it off.
My schedule:
Friday morning get to dover and be there until sat after turn ins
Teammate is at sayville setting up
Pack up and get out of dover by 2:30PM, four hour drive back here i must be at wedding by 7:30. Get out of wedding by 12:30AM and shoot over to sayville till after turn ins Sunday afternoon
Go to awards get my 13th place chicken trophy then collapse

If anybody is interested PM me

Steve

Lakeside Smoker
09-01-2007, 09:41 AM
OMG Thats insane! Best of luck.
I thought I was The Man for doing some back to back weekends this season! LOL

rbsnwngs
09-01-2007, 10:38 AM
you are the man

Sawdustguy
09-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Why?:eek:

MattCom
09-01-2007, 10:54 AM
SO I gues your not interested in catering the wedding?...:mrgreen:
Hardcore BBQ, Good luck!

MilitantSquatter
09-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Sled's dead serious about pulling this off. He was strategizing this the entire weekend at New Holland.

Sledneck
09-01-2007, 11:22 AM
SO I gues your not interested in catering the wedding?...:mrgreen:
Hardcore BBQ, Good luck!
I never thought about that, gonna make a phone call/ All kidding aside this is not a joke, i really want to pull this off but need some help

butt head
09-01-2007, 12:14 PM
what time do you need to be at sayville for set up. when you told me at new holland that weekend was booked for me. now i'm only booked friday night.

Sledneck
09-01-2007, 12:17 PM
what time do you need to be at sayville for set up. when you told me at new holland that weekend was booked for me. now i'm only booked friday night.
anytime on saturday

butt head
09-01-2007, 12:36 PM
we were just talking about goin up saturday. what would you need for me to bring up?

Sledneck
09-01-2007, 12:57 PM
we were just talking about goin up saturday. what would you need for me to bring up?
just an ez up and a table

If you guys are serious i will enter the team as South Shore Buttheads

Muzzlebrake
09-01-2007, 01:22 PM
NEBS grilling contest on saturday?

If so I could come down and judge that on Saturday and get you all set up. and I dont think I would be breaking any fraternization rules.....hell if thats the case I may even be able to come down on Friday and "set up" early.

pigmaker23
09-01-2007, 06:24 PM
sled, you better check with KCBS first, the same team can not cook in two contests the same day. I have asked this question this year because we thought about cooking in Cape Cod and Buffalo, they said no.. not allowed, besides why would you want to do all that work, you can come back to Sayville and have your picture taken with the Anchormen !!! Seriously, check it out with Linda

MilitantSquatter
09-01-2007, 06:37 PM
set up & turn-in's are not the same day though.. SInce that's the case, in my mind it makes no difference if they are a day, week, month or year apart.

Sledneck
09-01-2007, 08:22 PM
easy fix

Dover: South Shore Smokers
Sayville: South Shore Buttheads

Sledneck
09-01-2007, 08:30 PM
you can come back to Sayville and have your picture taken with the Anchormen !!!
A picture with the RGC? :rolleyes:

butt head
09-01-2007, 08:51 PM
make it sledneck buttheads and its a done deal:wink:

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
09-01-2007, 08:55 PM
When I met you I thought you were knuts!!! Now I know you are !!!!!!!!!L.O.L!!!!!!!!

SmokeInDaEye
09-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Woohooo! The triple crown weekend is alive! I'll flavorize your brisket and shoulders for sayville.

Muzzlebrake
09-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Woohooo! The triple crown weekend is alive! I'll flavorize your brisket and shoulders for sayville.

make it sledneck buttheads and its a done deal:wink:

SmokinButtBrakeNecks??

the hell with judging

SmokeInDaEye
09-01-2007, 11:43 PM
SmokinButtBrakeNecks??

the hell with judging

Hey, I'm up for that. I've heard rumor of an albino Brethren Banner?

Muzzlebrake
09-01-2007, 11:52 PM
I've heard rumor of an albino Brethren Banner?

It does exist

although I dont really think it is a true albino........maybe it just, well dare I say.......illumi-nated
:twisted:

Porky
09-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I spoke with Sled yesterday afternoon and it looks like he is going to have alot of help to pull this off. I can definitley help out and bring the EZ Up and table that he has requested.

Puppyboy
09-02-2007, 12:33 PM
There are back to back contests near here this weekend. Fri-St then Sun-Mon. Florence & Winfield, KS. Not sure how many teams are planning the double play, but that can make for a long weekend. Good luck.

JohnMcD348
09-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Man, I wish I could be there to help. If, for no other reason, than to say I witnessed it all.

Sledneck
09-05-2007, 05:58 PM
sled, you better check with KCBS first, the same team can not cook in two contests the same day. I have asked this question this year because we thought about cooking in Cape Cod and Buffalo, they said no.. not allowed, besides why would you want to do all that work, you can come back to Sayville and have your picture taken with the Anchormen !!! Seriously, check it out with Linda

I sent a note to linda mullane about the rule and this was her response:

Steve,

It is not against the rules to compete in 2 contests the same weekend just not on the same day.

Since one is a Sat competition and the other a Sunday there is no problem.

The rule is a team cannot compete under the same name at 2 contests at the same time.

Linda