PDA

View Full Version : Sayville, Long Island (NY State Championship) Battle of BBQ Brethren (With Results)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Sledneck
10-05-2007, 11:30 AM
i was there yesterday checking it out. are we gonna be able to drive (keep vehicles at) to the sites? also, don't forget to check out the cool tree in front of the yellow building on gillette ave.

phil
What is the team name you are cooking under?

rookiedad
10-05-2007, 11:40 AM
What is the team name you are cooking under?

this will be my first competition ever! i am happy that it's this one and am proud to be competing among the Brethren under the team name "Better Days BBQ"!

phil

rbsnwngs
10-05-2007, 12:35 PM
we will not be on the dirt of the infield we will be outside on the grass and then snaking around towards collins and up towards main st. I am waiting on the site layout to be faxed to me so we can put it up. This is a first come first serve spot assingment except for a few exceptions for people with trailers. you will be able to arrive any time after 12 noon on Friday and before 7pm that nite. Saturday arrivle has to be before 9am because the park will be open to the public at that point they will not let you drive in.
We are in the prosses of putting together the cooks packet to be sent out via e-mail soon. If you have anyother questions please feel free to call me at 631-206-2580 store or e-mail wbreakstone1@optonline.net or 631-678-1726 cell.

Jeremiah
10-05-2007, 01:34 PM
9am arrival, good to know, I'll most likely be renting the van on Friday and leaving my place around 6am to be safe.

Sledneck
10-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Accuweather (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast3.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0) forecast at night for that weekend 34 with real feel of 25 at night. Can somebody say Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jeremiah
10-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Bring on the cold, it's the rain that I don't want.

timzcardz
10-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Accuweather (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast3.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0) forecast at night for that weekend 34 with real feel of 25 at night. Can somebody say Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ahhhhhh! My favorite kind of weather for wearing shorts.

Just imbibe a little more "antifreeze" and you'll feel fine.

Anyone up for fresh bagels on sunday morning again?

Sledneck
10-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Ahhhhhh! My favorite kind of weather for wearing shorts.

Just imbibe a little more "antifreeze" and you'll feel fine.

Anyone up for fresh bagels on sunday morning again?We loved the bagels but i think a HOT breakfast will be in order

Lazy Dawg
10-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I am stoked. 1st comp, hometown and breakfast in town. nice

Sledneck
10-05-2007, 09:53 PM
The final list (subject to change without notice)

Out of the Ashes BBQ
Cue's Your Daddy Ditto
Two Fat Polocks Sawdustguy
Smoker's Lounge BBQ
Up in Smoke
Swamp Pit BBQ Wannabebbqqueen
Sexy Gino's Barbeque
Blazin' Butz BBQ
Grills Gone Wild, NY
Ma's Que Crew Ma's QUE
Sir Saucealot BBQ MFalco
Hot Dawg Truck Tea, Bar-B-Que
Rub This Kosher Kooker
Wine and Swine
Lazy Dawg BBQ Lazy Dawg
Heavy Metal BBQ Jeremiah
Q Haven Tedlor70
Holy Cow
South Shore Smokers Sledneck Porky Muzzlebrake
Purple Turtle Catering Co Nancee with 2 e's
Babylon Grillbillies BBQPETE
Transformer BBQ Ditto
Smoke in Da Eye SIDE
Team Big Barry Q BigBarry
Pit Beach Rockaway
Burke's Bar-B-Crew
Vinegar Hill
BBQ Brethren.com BBQCHEF33 Yakfish
Anchorman The Anchorman+ pigmaker23+ secret guest
better days bbq rookie dadCould this list be updated to show each brethren name next to the team name so we know whos who.

pigmaker23
10-05-2007, 10:08 PM
who is ditto ??? Could this list be updated to show each brethren name next to the team name so we know whos who.

Sledneck
10-05-2007, 10:12 PM
who is ditto ???
secret guest on your team:twisted:

Jeremiah
10-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Heavy Metal BBQ would be myself

pigmaker23
10-06-2007, 07:38 AM
i do have a secret guest, however its a secret, he shall be known as the "brisk master " stay tuned for details secret guest on your team:twisted:

Sledneck
10-06-2007, 12:03 PM
i do have a secret guest, however its a secret, he shall be known as the "brisk master " stay tuned for details
your bringing in a brisket ringer for a long island contest that has mostly first timers and a few occasional cooks?

motoeric
10-06-2007, 12:29 PM
That was a typo. He meant to say 'brick master'. His mason friend is going to be building a pit on-site.

Eric

barfly
10-06-2007, 01:20 PM
That was a typo. He meant to say 'brick master'. His mason friend is going to be building a pit on-site.

Eric

or a bris master for on site circumcisions...

bonniesboytoy
10-06-2007, 01:34 PM

Pay ins't much but the tips are big....

rbsnwngs
10-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I know who it is and for the right amount of beer i might tell

MAsQue
10-06-2007, 04:54 PM

Pay ins't much but the tips are big....

Charlie and I were thinking of competing incognito as Moishe the Mohel and the Kosher Kue Krewe ("...From Bris to Brisket, we do it all. No Pork..."), then we figured that maybe we should wait until we got good enough to need to compete incognito. Still waiting.

Sledneck
10-07-2007, 08:29 AM
I know who it is and for the right amount of beer i might tell
water from the tap wouldnt be worth giving for that info........

SmokeInDaEye
10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Two questions for the powers that be. Are there any rules regarding the grilling categories other than KCBS garnish?

Also, is there room for a tent other than within preassigned spots?

Thank you for your consideration.

rbsnwngs
10-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Two questions for the powers that be. Are there any rules regarding the grilling categories other than KCBS garnish?

Also, is there room for a tent other than within preassigned spots?

Thank you for your consideration.

you have a pm

SmokeInDaEye
10-09-2007, 03:47 PM
you have a pm

Thanks. I always knew tomatoes were a fruit!

Lakeside Smoker
10-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks. I always knew tomatoes were a fruit!

Anyone wanna buy a good fruit recipe. :-D:-D She hasn't given it up yet but everyone has their price!
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n40/lakesidesmoker/Picture050.jpg

Transformer BBQ
10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Thats a huge engagement ring mike... BBQ really paying off

SmokeInDaEye
10-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Anyone wanna buy a good fruit recipe. :-D:-D She hasn't given it up yet but everyone has their price!
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n40/lakesidesmoker/Picture050.jpg

What happened to your shoes?

Lakeside Smoker
10-09-2007, 06:43 PM
What happened to your shoes?

Shoes!! We don't need no stinking shoes!!

SmokeInDaEye
10-09-2007, 07:11 PM

Obviously you sold them to pay for that engagement ring! Any chance you all will come down and check out the festivities next weekend?

Jeremiah
10-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Sorry for the ignorant question:

A teammate of mine would like to know if he can have his pug in the designated area, any idea?

deez20
10-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Unless things are different during the cookoff, I walk my dog in that park all the time. There aren't any "no dogs" signs around and there are usually plenty of people that bring animals to the fair so I would think he could bring it.

MilitantSquatter
10-09-2007, 10:40 PM
There also aren't hot coals and cookers around at other times either.

I've been to several contests where teams brought their dogs that were nearby my site. Most have been very good, well behaved and most importantly tied up for everyone's safety including the dog.

One of the last contests, had a very likeable larger dog where the owner allowed it to freely roam without supervision. It was nice at first, until the dog nearly got in the way of a hot charcoal chimney...

Also be sure the dog is not a barker being around large crowds... it could piss off the team next to you.

MattCom
10-10-2007, 11:00 AM
A Pug killed my German Shepard last week.....:sad:

He choked on it....:wink:

I couldn't resist.

timzcardz
10-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Sorry for the ignorant question:

A teammate of mine would like to know if he can have his pug in the designated area, any idea?

Well it's no good for a turn-in, but it does sound tasty. What temperature do you take it to?

Lakeside Smoker
10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Any chance you all will come down and check out the festivities next weekend?

I will be in the judges tent on Saturday and I'm competing on Sunday!! :-D
So, I guess I'll be part of the festivities...I just don't know if I'm bringing my shoes or not...

SmokeInDaEye
10-10-2007, 02:35 PM
I will be in the judges tent on Saturday and I'm competing on Sunday!! :-D
So, I guess I'll be part of the festivities...I just don't know if I'm bringing my shoes or not...

No worries. I know a guy who makes shoes. I'll pick you up some. If your judging Saturday, that means the fruit recipe is still for sale?

timzcardz
10-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Who is this media whore ...

http://www.islip.tv/view_video.php?viewkey=b2f1f817860ac9f409ad

Transformer BBQ
10-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Mike's fruit?

You didn't subscribe to mikes now defunct "gallary of turn boxes"?

backyardchef
10-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Who is this media whore ...

http://www.islip.tv/view_video.php?viewkey=b2f1f817860ac9f409ad

I don't know, but he seems awfully sober.....:tongue:

Nice job, Will!

SmokeInDaEye
10-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Mike's fruit?

I do. I'm actually cooking the same thing but with avocados.:oops:

Nice little video Will. Loved how they referred to us as "30 Hot Shot BBQ Teams".

Lakeside Smoker
10-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Mike's fruit?

Now thats funny!! :-D:-D:-D

Westexbbq
10-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Great clip, way to go Molly!
Ring that bell!

Lakeside Smoker
10-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Loved how they referred to us as "30 Hot Shot BBQ Teams".

It was supposed to say 31 Hot Shot BBQ Teams. :-D

Westexbbq
10-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Check out JOAN REMINICK in todays Newsday;

excerpted:

Want to pig out on great barbecue for a good cause? Go to the Battle of the Barbecue Brethren, on Oct. 20 and 21 at the Sayville Chamber of Commerce Fall Festival, to be held at Gillette Park in Sayville. The official New York State championship event (similar to past Grill Kings competitions) begins on Saturday. From noon on, there will be a grilling competition under the aegis of the New England Barbecue Society, with judging to take place between 4 and 5 p.m. Sunday is the big barbecuing competition, sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society. It begins at noon, with prizes awarded around 5 p.m. Barbecue vendors, such as Willie B's of Bay Shore and Tennessee Jacks of Islip, will sell their slow-smoked fare both days. Festivities will include raffles for barbecue-related gifts. Proceeds from the festival will raise money for Breast Cancer Help Inc. For more information, visit sayvillechamber.com.

motoeric
10-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Hi,

In addition to more judges, we really, really need someone who can act as the event photographer.

If you can help us out, please let me know. We need a montage of the event. Some photos of set up, a bunch of competitors camps, some of the judges and their area, a few of the awards ceremonies, etc.

Want to be even more of a help? Come up to me during the event and let me know what we are doing well and what we are doing poorly.

This is our first event and we want it go as smoothly and as enjoyably as possible.

Thanks!

Eric

motoeric
10-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi,

We have exceeded the number of judges who have signed up than the minimum we need. We will be putting everyone who signed up after the minimum number was met on a reserve list for judges.

I encourage everyone who is interested to still contact me and I will add them to the reserve list.

Thank you,

Eric

pigmaker23
10-11-2007, 04:33 PM
you need 5 table captains and two people to do turn in boxes and clean up boxes after each catagory. also it is a given that some will not show

Hi,

We have exceeded the number of judges who have signed up than the minimum we need. We will be putting everyone who signed up after the minimum number was met on a reserve list for judges.

I encourage everyone who is interested to still contact me and I will add them to the reserve list.

Thank you,

Eric

motoeric
10-11-2007, 08:22 PM
COMPETITORS

Hi,

There are a few people that may be attending that I would like to ensure have the full 'Brethren' experience. I'm talking about reporters, event managers and such.

It would be a great help if you could let me know if you would be ok with me stopping by with some people and you showing off your equipment and maybe talking about BBQ and competing.

How well received this event is will be a major determining factor when creating a quality event for next year.

If you don't mind shmoozing, please let me know.

Thanks,

Eric

Westexbbq
10-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Did someone say shmooz?

MAsQue
10-11-2007, 08:45 PM
COMPETITORS

Hey, I'm a shmoozer from way back. And Charlie can out-shmooze me any three days out of five. As long as it's not crunch time, bring 'em around.

Sledneck
10-11-2007, 08:48 PM
If tranformer and i make it that far i would think that we would be an interesting story for the media

SmokeInDaEye
10-11-2007, 09:18 PM
COMPETITORS

Hi,

There are a few people that may be attending that I would like to ensure have the full 'Brethren' experience. I'm talking about reporters, event managers and such.

It would be a great help if you could let me know if you would be ok with me stopping by with some people and you showing off your equipment and maybe talking about BBQ and competing.

How well received this event is will be a major determining factor when creating a quality event for next year.

Thanks,

Eric

Whatever you need. I'm happy to lend my PR skills if they help.

Sawdustguy
10-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Eric,

Michele and I would be happy to help you. Just stop by.

BigBarry
10-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Mee2

Sledneck
10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Such a shy bunch i tell ya. Cmon week move faster

backyardchef
10-12-2007, 11:14 AM
I would love to speak with the press-- I have a journalistic obligation to tell them the truth, tho. I owe it to them and my readers.....

Cue's Your Daddy
10-12-2007, 11:16 AM
We would be happy to. Twin brothers BBQing on a homemade smoker, competing against thier father and brother. ITS A HALLMARK moment

SmokeInDaEye
10-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Can we get a show of hands for everyone who is planning on setting up and staying Friday night?

I think I got permission to come out then since my wife needs the car Saturday in case she goes into labor.

Jeremiah
10-12-2007, 12:11 PM
I have to work so I'll be arriving pre 9am Saturday

Q Haven
10-12-2007, 12:16 PM
We will be arriving early afternoon Friday and staying the night.

rbsnwngs
10-12-2007, 12:23 PM
i'll be there friday untill 4 have to pick up molly bring her back to the store and then get back to sayville then back to the store then back to sayville then back to the store. anyone see a pattern here

Muzzlebrake
10-12-2007, 12:31 PM
not sure when I am getting there.........

Sled when do I need to get there Friday or Saturday?
Whats the deal with the cookers? Porky is getting them?
What do I need to bring? I would like to travel light and not bring my truck if I dont have to.....

SmokeInDaEye
10-12-2007, 12:53 PM
not sure when I am getting there.........

Sled when do I need to get there Friday or Saturday?
Whats the deal with the cookers? Porky is getting them?
What do I need to bring? I would like to travel light and not bring my truck if I dont have to.....

I beleive I will be bringing Sled's cookers and anything else he wants out there.

Rockaway BeachBQ
10-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Wife and I will be there Friday.

MattCom
10-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Out of the Ashes team plans to come down on Friday to fraternize, but not set up till early Sat morning... Is 6 am too early to arrive? I want to beat the mad traffic from Patchogue.

/Really excited about our first comp!!!

Jeremiah
10-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Out of the Ashes team plans to come down on Friday to fraternize, but not set up till early Sat morning... Is 6 am too early to arrive? I want to beat the mad traffic from Patchogue.

/Really excited about our first comp!!!

I could be wrong here since I don't know for sure, but I would assume that 6am is acceptable since we have to arrive prior to 9am on Saturday as they'll be opening the space to the public at that time.

CTSmokehouse
10-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Looking forward to the Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville...!

I'll be coming mid day Saturday. Is there a way to get on LI coming from CT that avoids the Cross Island Expressway? At Willie Palooza, I was making great time until I got off the Throgs Neck and crawled along on the CIE. The LIE was fine.

Looking forward to next weekend.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Lakeside Smoker
10-12-2007, 05:02 PM

I'll be coming mid day Saturday. Is there a way to get on LI coming from CT that avoids the Cross Island Expressway? At Willie Palooza, I was making great time until I got off the Throgs Neck and crawled along on the CIE. The LIE was fine.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Ferry
This is the one I'm taking https://www.longislandferry.com/Default.asp

CTSmokehouse
10-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks...

Looks like a nice ride but I live in Western CT... it would take me just as long to get to the New London Ferry. I believe that there is one also in Bridgeport, CT. to Port Jefferson.

Was kinda looking for some local backroads route once I get off the Throgs Neck Bridge...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Lakeside Smoker
10-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Do you have one of these?
http://www.nephite.com/images/2003/aquada_amphibian_car.jpeg

CTSmokehouse
10-12-2007, 05:49 PM
I could go for one of those! LOL!!!

Cliff

MilitantSquatter
10-12-2007, 06:45 PM

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Right off the Throgs Neck Bridge, you could also jump on the Clearview Expressway and then take that to the LIE... Basically the same thing and almost the same distance to the LIE (Clearview is an expressway so trucks can ride on it).

CTSmokehouse
10-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Right off the Throgs Neck Bridge, you could also jump on the Clearview Expressway and then take that to the LIE... Basically the same thing and almost the same distance to the LIE (Clearview is an expressway so trucks can ride on it).

Thanks Vinny!

Smokin
10-12-2007, 09:24 PM
I will be attending your event as a KCBS judge. I usually photograph the awards presentation and would enjoy spending time to help you guys document your first event.

I will probably get there friday afternoon. I usually stay on site at the events that I go to. I have a conversion van. All you guys would have to do is give me a place to park.

If you need any more info send me an email.

Dan

Lazy Dawg
10-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Any word on the cooks packet referenced in post #259 on page 18?

Will be cleaning up the tin cans this weekend for this long anticipated event. This is great.

Fred

pigmaker23
10-12-2007, 10:14 PM
anybody up for a little communial dinner friday night at the park ?

Lakeside Smoker
10-13-2007, 07:28 AM

Sorry Eric we won't be there until Saturday. But good luck with that I think it's a great idea. We all did it at The Harvard Fall Festival in September and it was awesome! Getting to try different foods from all the teams was cool. Have fun!!

Mike

WannaBeBBQueen
10-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Did someone say shmooz?
I'm really good at that...lol:biggrin:

We'll be there Friday afternoon sometime, we will be spending the night and we would love to do dinner :)

Cooks packet? anyone? anyone? lol

Sledneck
10-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Cooks packet is coming out soon, relax

Muzzlebrake
10-13-2007, 09:47 AM
OK so am I right in thinking that if we dont get there on Friday we are not going to be able to bring our cars onsite? Where is the parking in relation to the contest?

I beleive I will be bringing Sled's cookers and anything else he wants out there.

Clint...... very cool, when are you planning on getting there?

Eric....sounds like a great idea to me, what time are you looking at? I wont be there until early evening at the earliest, coming down after work.

rbsnwngs
10-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I am running a little slow on cooks packets sorry for the delay.
you can arrive anytime before 7pm Friday and before 9am on saturday.
meat inspection for boths days begins sat morn at 8am
cooks meeting 9am judges meeting 10am kcbs cooks meeting after awards on sat.
movie friday night after sponcer dinner. sat night pizza for the teams in the judges tent. sunday morn breakfast in the judges tent at 8am. sunday judges meeting 10am
sites will be giving out on a first come first serve basis.
theres another movie sat nite teams are responciable for removeing there own grease and ash
please e-mail me who you would like the check made out to if you win. there will be no moving vehicles between 9am and 9pm sat and 9am and 5pm sunday. sat awards will be approx 5pm as will sundays. if you have any questions please feel free to call me at the store 631-206-2580 or e-mail. if i havent coverd everything please ask as this is my first comp as an organizer.
Parking is just north of the park about 200 yards away maybe there is room on the infield for about 6v cars that we are able to park there so get there early.

Lakeside Smoker
10-13-2007, 06:12 PM
movie friday night after sponcer dinner. sat night pizza for the teams in the judges tent. sunday morn breakfast in the judges tent at 8am. sunday judges meeting 10am
theres another movie sat nite teams are responciable for removeing there own grease and ash
please e-mail me who you would like the check made out to if you win. there will be no moving vehicles between 9am and 9pm sat and 9am and 5pm sunday. sat awards will be approx 5pm as will sundays. if you have any questions please feel free to call me at the store 631-206-2580 or e-mail. if i havent coverd everything please ask as this is my first comp as an organizer.
Parking is just north of the park about 200 yards away maybe there is room on the infield for about 6v cars that we are able to park there so get there early.

Wow!!!
Looks like its gonna be a real cook friendly event! Movies, dinner, pizza, breakfast!! Great job Willie! See you next weekend.

Mike

bonniesboytoy
10-13-2007, 07:02 PM
i'll be there friday untill 4 have to pick up molly bring her back to the store

Hey Will, Is Molly going to run the store while you are at the comp ??

bonniesboytoy
10-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Is 6 am too early to arrive? I want to beat the mad traffic from Patchogue

B103 is predicting at least 1 tractor overturn on Sunrise or Montauk that friday morning..

Nitrofly
10-13-2007, 07:09 PM
No No Mike you got it wrong KCBS
says must have shirt and shoes..
Now pants are optional...

bonniesboytoy
10-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Looks like a nice ride but I live in Western CT... it would take me just as long to get to the New London Ferry. I believe that there is one also in Bridgeport, CT. to Port Jefferson.

If you live closer to the Port Jeff Ferry, You can get right off the ferry and come down route 112. (112 is right in front of the ferry terminal) It will put you about 8 ish Miles East of the comp..

motoeric
10-13-2007, 08:09 PM
If we are planning a communal dinner on Friday, what can I bring? Has anything been earmarked? How about some deserts? Cakes, cookies etc.

Eric

Lakeside Smoker
10-13-2007, 08:24 PM
No No Mike you got it wrong KCBS
says must have shirt and shoes..
Now pants are optional...

NICE!! :-D

Sully when you coming down?

Sledneck
10-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Might be a little wet saturday
Friday, Oct 19
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/03.gif
High: 69 °F RealFeel®: 66 °F
Pleasant with some sun

Friday Night, Oct 19
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/38.gif
Low: 53 °F RealFeel®: 51 °F
A little evening rain; otherwise, becoming partly cloudy

Forecast Details (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&fday=7) | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&fday=7) | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-accupop.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0)
Saturday, Oct 20
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/13.gif
High: 66 °F RealFeel®: 61 °F
A blend of sun and clouds in the morning followed by afternoon rain

Saturday Night, Oct 20
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/18.gif
Low: 40 °F RealFeel®: 29 °F
Windy and cold with rain

Forecast Details (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&fday=8) | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&fday=8) | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-accupop.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0)

Sunday, Oct 21
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/04.gif
High: 51 °F RealFeel®: 42 °F
Cooler with clouds and sun

Sunday Night, Oct 21
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/38.gif

nancee
10-13-2007, 11:55 PM
We are going to come from White Plains so hopefully get in by 7. Otherwise we may have to run the gate (again)

If anyone needs anything for the event, please don't hesitate to ask us. We will be hauling a trailer and should have everything available that people might need to borrow if you let me know in advance what you need

Nancee

ps Sully, you don't hang with Turtles after, you're a dead man!!!

Can we get a show of hands for everyone who is planning on setting up and staying Friday night?

I think I got permission to come out then since my wife needs the car Saturday in case she goes into labor.

pigmaker23
10-14-2007, 08:34 AM
As Willie has arranged and the Chamber is providing a dinner for the teams on Friday Night, the dinner idea should be changed to a later snack item for sharing, or just move it to Saturday Night when everyone is onsite ? any comments ?

Nitrofly
10-14-2007, 08:48 AM
I think I'm going to hit the road some time
after midnight.. I'm going to restock the
magic cooler.. I was thinking about getting a room
But I might just sleep in the Van.. I can't decide
Your Judging saturday and cooking on Sunday??

NICE!! :-D

Sully when you coming down?

WannaBeBBQueen
10-14-2007, 08:54 AM
As Willie has arranged and the Chamber is providing a dinner for the teams on Friday Night, the dinner idea should be changed to a later snack item for sharing, or just move it to Saturday Night when everyone is onsite ? any comments ?

Whatever works, just let me know so I can plan:biggrin:

I also have a bag of stuff for the raffle, just need to get it out to Willie's.

Nitrofly
10-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Hey Nancee

I will try to be the ambassador of NEBS BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!
your not going to kick me out for BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!
BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!
are you?? See you next weekend.. How did the Turtles do in KC??

We are going to come from White Plains so hopefully get in by 7. Otherwise we may have to run the gate (again)

If anyone needs anything for the event, please don't hesitate to ask us. We will be hauling a trailer and should have everything available that people might need to borrow if you let me know in advance what you need

Nancee

ps Sully, you don't hang with Turtles after, you're a dead man!!!

Sledneck
10-14-2007, 09:19 AM
The Friday night dinner is for the sponsors. Friday night is movie night. Teams gets a pizza Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning. So Friday you are on your own so the communal dinner sounds like a good idea

Lakeside Smoker
10-14-2007, 09:26 AM
I think I'm going to hit the road some time
after midnight.. I'm going to restock the
magic cooler.. I was thinking about getting a room
But I might just sleep in the Van.. I can't decide
Your Judging saturday and cooking on Sunday??

Sully

Yes I'm judging the grilling on Saturday and competing on Sunday. Are you judging Saturday or Sunday?

WannaBeBBQueen
10-14-2007, 09:46 AM
The Friday night dinner is for the sponsors. Friday night is movie night. Teams gets a pizza Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning. So Friday you are on your own so the communal dinner sounds like a good idea

so now the communal dinner is on? lol this gets confusing...:eusa_clap

Sledneck
10-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Look at the colors

WannaBeBBQueen
10-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Look at the colors

red white and orange? lol

nancee
10-14-2007, 10:07 AM
nah, I 'll bring one of Sled's whistles and earplugs
We did not do too well at the Royal. Scores weren't bad but nothing stood out or we didn't hit the right taables I guess. I'll tell you more about it next week.
nancee

Hey Nancee

Nitrofly
10-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes Yes I'm judging both days..
Hitting the road right after judging
is over on sunday..
Going to see Hendrix in Providence Sunday night..
busy but fun weekend..

Sully

Yes I'm judging the grilling on Saturday and competing on Sunday. Are you judging Saturday or Sunday?

rbsnwngs
10-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Sully you can sleep at the store with me

SmokeInDaEye
10-14-2007, 11:08 AM
is over on sunday..
busy but fun weekend..

Isn't hendrix dead?:confused:

Care to mix up some damn dip friday night?

Lakeside Smoker
10-14-2007, 12:04 PM
is over on sunday..
busy but fun weekend..

Whooooooohooooooo! You The Man Sully!!!

Yakfishingfool
10-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Just hung up with Willy getting some details, my mom is having a cardiac cath friday am, going to drop her at the house after the procedure and will leave here about 6pm, should be there by 9:30 Looking forward to seeing everyone. Scott

PS, when are you leaving muzzlebrake??? Scott

deez20
10-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Just noticed the banner up on main st. Not sure how long its been there for.

Jeremiah
10-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Any tips for a first timer on dealing with the *gasp* rain should the awful occur? I'm still waiting on the EZ-UP that I'm borrowing from my co-worker :D

Sledneck
10-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Just noticied the banner up on main st. Not sure how long its been there for.it wasnt up on friday when i was in town

Sledneck
10-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Any tips for a first timer on dealing with the *gasp* rain should the awful occur? I'm still waiting on the EZ-UP that I'm borrowing from my co-worker :D
yeah, bring extra socks:tongue:

Yakfishingfool
10-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Bring rubbers.....................................

to keep your feet dry!

Sledneck
10-14-2007, 04:21 PM
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/images/2006/arrow_red_down.gif

Friday, Oct 19
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/03.gif
High: 74 °F RealFeel®: 71 °F
Warm with some sun

Friday Night, Oct 19
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/12.gif
Low: 58 °F RealFeel®: 56 °F
Mild; mainly cloudy in the evening, then rain late

Forecast Details (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&fday=6) | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&fday=6) | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-accupop.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0)

Saturday, Oct 20
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/06.gif
High: 68 °F RealFeel®: 65 °F
Mostly cloudy

Saturday Night, Oct 20
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/34.gif
Low: 54 °F RealFeel®: 51 °F
Mostly clear

Forecast Details (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&fday=7) | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&fday=7) | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-accupop.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0)

Sunday, Oct 21
High: 65 °F RealFeel®: 61 °F
A shower in the morning; otherwise, partly sunny

Sunday Night, Oct 21
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/34.gif
Low: 47 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Mainly clear

pigmaker23
10-14-2007, 04:24 PM
The Dinner is ON.... sorry for the confusion... so it works like this, everybody brings something to eat and we all share, so now the communal dinner is on? lol this gets confusing...:eusa_clap

nancee
10-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Does that mean you want dust collectors and the full dog and pony show for photo ops? Let me know and I will pack a bunch up. Most are still in hartford after the ill fated harpoon journey but we still have a lot here we can drag along if you want them. And yes, we'll talk to anyone unless its specifically about the Royal results!!!
nancee

COMPETITORS

Hi,

Thanks,

Eric

motoeric
10-14-2007, 05:48 PM
I'll make a few cakes for dessert for Friday.

Nancee: whatever you can bring would be great.

Thanks everyone!

Eric

Yakfishingfool
10-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Is there a communal meal planned time?? Just wondering. also wannab....any s burgers in the making??? :)

Sledneck
10-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Does that mean you want dust collectors and the full dog and pony show for photo ops? Let me know and I will pack a bunch up. Most are still in hartford after the ill fated harpoon journey but we still have a lot here we can drag along if you want them. And yes, we'll talk to anyone unless its specifically about the Royal results!!!
nancee
dust collectors??

Lakeside Smoker
10-14-2007, 07:29 PM
dust collectors??

Trophies.

Sledneck
10-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Trophies.
ahhhhhhh i get it now

pigmaker23
10-14-2007, 08:28 PM
7:30 - 8:00 PM Sound Good to everyone ???Is there a communal meal planned time?? Just wondering. also wannab....any s burgers in the making??? :)

WannaBeBBQueen
10-15-2007, 07:01 AM
Is there a communal meal planned time?? Just wondering. also wannab....any s burgers in the making??? :)

8 pm sounds good to me...yes there will be Skippy Burgers, but probably not part of the communal dinner, but always enough to feed everyone...maybe Late Friday night snack (unless Skip has to work) then Skippy burgers will be made Saturday at some point after the grilling contest, promise there will be Skippy burgers!!

Can't wait!!!:biggrin:

Q Haven
10-15-2007, 07:17 AM
I'll be making a big pile of ABT's for the communal feast Friday.

Sledneck
10-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Check your emails cooks packets are out. Scary movie!?

BigBarry
10-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Bring rubbers.....................................

to keep your feet dry!

Feet?? Magnums, my man!!:eek:

BigBarry
10-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Hey Nancee

I love the sweet sound of the warbling BAAAHHHBEQUE redbreast and the woo-woo-wooing of the spotted sledneck, but in all seriousness, we will really have to watch the noise afterhours. Neighbors 25 feet away.

Thanks.

Westexbbq
10-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Heard a 30 sec. spot on B103 driving to work this morning, sounded pretty good.

SmokeInDaEye
10-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Check your emails cooks packets are out. Scary movie!?

Nothing. Anyone else get something or is this Sled's happy pills talking?

Sledneck
10-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Nothing. Anyone else get something or is this Sled's happy pills talking?
i replied to the message to all on the list regarding the food drive and yours came back as a non existant address this what came back:
Message from yahoo.com.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<clintcantell@yahoo.com>:
This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (clintcantell@yahoo.com) [0]
Give me your correct email and i will forward it

SmokeInDaEye
10-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Government must have shut that one down. Check your PM.

Q Haven
10-15-2007, 11:13 AM
I got the cook's packet three times this morning....

Q Haven
10-15-2007, 11:45 AM
By the way, are dogs allowed at this contest?

Sledneck
10-15-2007, 11:48 AM
good question, im allergic so i say no:tongue:

willkat98
10-15-2007, 12:18 PM

Ted,
I recalled seeing Vinny and Deez talk about this upthread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=477032#post477032

Hope this helps

pigmaker23
10-15-2007, 02:02 PM
i have not received the cooks packet

I got the cook's packet three times this morning....

Yakfishingfool
10-15-2007, 02:22 PM

Uhhh...I think it's beef, pork, and chicken only. Maybe Saturday in the grilling competition...Sausage. Some fresh ground ****zu with corriander and dill weed. MMMmmmmm

Yakfishingfool
10-15-2007, 02:22 PM
(sigh) damn editor...guess it'll have to be toy poodle this year

Q Haven
10-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Ted,
I recalled seeing Vinny and Deez talk about this upthread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=477032#post477032

Hope this helps

No real answer there. If someone could give a definitive yes or no answer it would be helpful....my parents want to bring their dumb dog and will not stop hassling me until I get an answer.

SmokeInDaEye
10-15-2007, 02:55 PM
No real answer there. If someone could give a definitive yes or no answer it would be helpful....my parents want to bring their dumb dog and will not stop hassling me until I get an answer.

You could double check with the Chamber of Commerce, but I doubt it's an issue having a dog in a city park. In fact, they hosted a dog frisbee contest there in July (http://yankeeflyers.com/competitions/competitions.htm).

Sayville Chamber of Commmerce TELEPHONE: 631-567-5257

deez20
10-15-2007, 08:20 PM
You can definitely bring the dog. The only place you probably can't take the dog is the park directly across the street as there is a "no pets" sign there, although its kinda hidden. There was just a fair this past weekend in sayville and there were plenty of people there with dogs.

motoeric
10-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Ted,

There is a meeting tomorrow night with the Chamber. I'll ask and get back to you.

Eric

motoeric
10-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi,

There was a bit of a technical glitch this morning.

If anyone did NOT receive their competitors packet, please let me know.

Thanks,

Eric

Sledneck
10-16-2007, 03:07 AM
Saturday Oct, 20
Select a Different Day Tuesday 10/16 Wednesday 10/17 Thursday 10/18 Friday 10/19 Saturday 10/20 Sunday 10/21 Monday 10/22 Tuesday 10/23 on premium Wednesday 10/24 on premium Thursday 10/25 on premium Friday 10/26 on premium Saturday 10/27 on premium Sunday 10/28 on premium Monday 10/29 on premium Tuesday 10/30 on premium

Day
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/18.gif
High: 67°F RealFeel®: 64°F
Breezy with rain

View the Hour-by-Hour Forecast (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1)

Winds:W at 14mphWind Gusts:26 mph

WannaBeBBQueen
10-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Fri (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USNY1293?dayNum=3)
Oct 19
http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/37.gif?12122006 Isolated T-Storms 72°/61° 30% http://image.weather.com/web/common/blank.gif 72°F
Get Tips for Driving in the Rain (http://www.weather.com/activities/driving/drivingtips/rain.html?from=tenday_trigger)
Sat (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USNY1293?dayNum=4)
Oct 20
http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/30.gif?12122006 Partly Cloudy 67°/54° 10% http://image.weather.com/web/common/blank.gif 67°F
Sun (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USNY1293?dayNum=5)
Oct 21
http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/32.gif?12122006 Sunny 68°/56° 20% http://image.weather.com/web/common/blank.gif 68°F

I like my forecast from weather.com better:biggrin:

Sledneck
10-16-2007, 06:35 AM
how about
Saturday, Oct 20
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/02.gif
High: 91 °F RealFeel®: 87 °F
Sunny most of the day and very warm

If the contest was in tucson,az

WannaBeBBQueen
10-16-2007, 06:58 AM
now that would be "sweet" :biggrin:

Jeremiah
10-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Positivity:

National weather service:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Sayville&state=NY&site=OKX&textField1=40.7468&textField2=-73.0858

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.

weather.com party cloudy with a high of 69:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/wxdetail/11782?dayNum=4

BigBarry
10-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Nice
- Setting up in the rain: Bad
- Having 2 nice days for the contest: Very good

Sledneck
10-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I dont care what they say, im still bringing my shovel

Jeremiah
10-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Hmmm shovel.. what's this for dare I ask? Shoveling mud?

Sledneck
10-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Hmmm shovel.. what's this for dare I ask? Shoveling mud?
no for the bodies:twisted:

for all of the snow silly

Jeremiah
10-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Snow! HA! That would be kinda fun actually, I would much prefer snow to rain. Temperature might not be so friendly on the turn in boxes though :)

Yakfishingfool
10-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Just a note folks, I got 2000 pink two part raffle tickets to do the 50/50. I'll start by going around but hopefully we can get some signage or family members to help with soliciting for monies. I'm hoping to get it started Friday evening then will be cooking a fair amount on Saturday and Sunday. If you have a wife, or a mom ,or gradma (or male equivilants)that are interested in helping with this, send them over to the BBQ brethren team late Friday or early Saturday. We'll make it work somehow. scott

Sledneck
10-17-2007, 07:12 AM
No pets (as per chamber of commerce)

Sledneck
10-17-2007, 08:12 AM
fEAR the train whistle! well boys and girls you will have the pleasure of me and my whistle for the entire weekend now be afraid be very afraid

heres some print (http://www.discoverlongisland.com/calendar_detail.cfm/event/6625/group_ID/1) i found about the contest

Yakfishingfool
10-17-2007, 09:01 AM
dropped down to one event huh??? Gonna wish I didn't give you that train whistle I'm sure. S

timzcardz
10-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Yak, if I were you, I wouldn't be making it known that he got the whistle from you.

Just some freindly advice for your personal safety.

Sledneck
10-17-2007, 09:07 AM
dropped down to one event huh??? Gonna wish I didn't give you that train whistle I'm sure. S
Read the dover thread (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=481148&postcount=130)....very dissapointed

WannaBeBBQueen
10-17-2007, 09:16 AM
So sorry you had to cancel Read the dover thread (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=481148&postcount=130)....very dissapointed

So sorry you had to cancel Dover, but we'll be glad to have you join us for the entire party :biggrin: but I think we need an injured section at Sayville, doc told me this morning I will need surgery :cry:

Sledneck
10-17-2007, 09:17 AM
So sorry you had to cancel

So sorry you had to cancel Dover, but we'll be glad to have you join us for the entire party :biggrin: but I think we need an injured section at Sayville, doc told me this morning I will need surgery :cry:
I hope nothing serious

WannaBeBBQueen
10-17-2007, 09:21 AM
knee torn miniscus :eusa_clap, not too serious but serious enough. Gimp is me...lol

SmokeInDaEye
10-17-2007, 09:21 AM
So sorry you had to cancel

Oooooh. Was it the bungee balls?:biggrin: I bought an extra long extension cord so I can keep my heating pad attached to my neck while cooking. The three of us should be a pretty sad site. Plenty of muscle relaxers though...

Sledneck
10-17-2007, 09:23 AM
We should set up a big miltary tent with M*A*S*H on the outside

WannaBeBBQueen
10-17-2007, 09:23 AM
will we have a pharmacist available for us...lol? or is there a Dr. in the house....:biggrin:

Sledneck
10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
will we have a pharmacist available for us...lol? or is there a Dr. in the house....:biggrin:
bbq ringers.......pffft:rolleyes:

WannaBeBBQueen
10-17-2007, 09:26 AM
We should set up a big miltary tent with M*A*S*H on the outside

does it come with that "neat" still? that will help the pain...lol

heating pad, nice idea, might have to bring one for myself...hmmm, thanks for the suggestion:biggrin:

Sledneck
10-17-2007, 09:26 AM
I guess out poker game should be intersting( happy pills betting mod)

Sledneck
10-17-2007, 09:29 AM
does it come with that "neat" still? that will help the pain...lol

heating pad, nice idea, might have to bring one for myself...hmmm, thanks for the suggestion:biggrin:
dry heat bad.....wet handtowels heated in microwave better, anybody got a small microwaver they can bring? i have heard this many time this week not sure if any truth to it but i would believe anything at this point

WannaBeBBQueen
10-17-2007, 09:33 AM
When I go to PT they use dry heat :confused:, may depends on the injury?

Poker game should be fun especially since your already in Happy Mod...lol

and I'll have my stove so you can heat water and not need a microwave :biggrin:

Westexbbq
10-17-2007, 09:56 AM

Did someone say pharmaceuticals?
Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard....
Gimps R Us?
Regards,
Dr. Westex

mfalco
10-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Question about the grilling competition. I'm oft confused by the garnish ruels for this poriton of the competition. I've always thought that garnsh is open to anything edible - is that the case here? I noticed that it says on the cooks pakcaet that KCBS rules apply to the grilling comp. If that's the case does that mean the typical green leaf, parsley, cilantro deal? Or does KCBS have seperate rules for grilling competitions?

BigBarry
10-17-2007, 10:00 AM
ATTENTION - LI MEAT SUPPLY

After reading Vinny's PM about Restaurant Depot, I decided to call the Bohemia store. The meat mgr, Roger, was unaware of the event and I clued him in to the potential onslaught.

I told him possibly 20 of 30 teams will need briskets, bone-in pork shoulder and ribs (baby and spares). Boneless shoulders are no problem. Chicken wings, thighs and other parts are better bought in the supermarket/costco because they only sell in volume (40lbs).

I also told him that the event food vendors will also need a supply of assorted BBQ meats, too.

He said he will get in enough of the comp. stuff for Friday AM and would appreciate any other feedback.

I told him I would contact the vendors and ask them to call him to make sure he is prepared.

Nice guy. Said he would print flyer out and put around store.

You can call him at 631-218-1818

Newbies and folks who don't know about RD - you need a Restaurant Depot card to buy from them. Only to the trade but you sometimes can get a one-day card. If you ask for Roger, you might get a break.

timzcardz
10-17-2007, 10:05 AM

After reading Vinny's PM about Restaurant Depot, I decided to call the Bohemia store. The meat mgr, Roger, was unaware of the event and I clued him in to the potential onslaught.

I told him possibly 20 of 30 teams will need briskets, bone-in pork shoulder and ribs (baby and spares). Boneless shoulders are no problem. Chicken wings, thighs and other parts are better bought in the supermarket/costco because they only sell in volume (40lbs).

I also told him that the event food vendors will also need a supply of assorted BBQ meats, too.

He said he will get in enough of the comp. stuff for Friday AM and would appreciate any other feedback.

I told him I would contact the vendors and ask them to call him to make sure he is prepared.

Newbies and folks who don't know about RD - you need a Restaurant Depot card to buy from them. Only to the trade but you sometimes can get a one-day card. If you ask for Roger, you might get a break.

AND ... did you hit him up for sponsorhsip?

BigBarry
10-17-2007, 10:06 AM
AND ... did you hit him up for sponsorhsip?

Tried it a while ago along with other "To the trade" suppliers. Not enough of target audience.

Transformer BBQ
10-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Question about the grilling competition. I'm oft confused by the garnish ruels for this poriton of the competition. I've always thought that garnsh is open to anything edible - is that the case here? I noticed that it says on the cooks pakcaet that KCBS rules apply to the grilling comp. If that's the case does that mean the typical green leaf, parsley, cilantro deal? Or does KCBS have seperate rules for grilling competitions?

Obviously not the organizer of this event... but KCBS granish means the garnish rules used for the "Big 4" BBQ meats. In your words its the ... "typical green leaf, parsley, cilantro deal".

KCBS does not have separate rules for grilling... and as far as I know they don't sanction grilling contests... although (as in this case), many times their rules are used for such contests.

(NEBS on the other hand does sanction grilling contests, uses the 1-9 weighting, 6 servings from KCBS but allows each event organizer to adjust other rules as they see fit)

timzcardz
10-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Then how were they unaware of the event?

Never take "NO" for an answer, What's the worst that they could do, say no again?

BigBarry
10-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Then how were they unaware of the event?

Never take "NO" for an answer, What's the worst that they could do, say no again?

Pitched corporate, local was unaware. Too late, rejected already.

rbsnwngs
10-17-2007, 10:20 AM

KCBS garnish rules apply for the grilling event

mfalco
10-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks Willie - but to be clear - what if I had something that was going to be served with the steak that was to be eaten with it to accentuate the flavor of the steak.......example: I searve the steak with roasted onions with the thought that they are to be eaten togther

Would that be considered a garnish? I know I could probably stuff whatever I wanted in the steak - why not on top?

SmokeInDaEye
10-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks Willie - but to be clear - what if I had something that was going to be served with the steak that was to be eaten with it to accentuate the flavor of the steak.......example: I searve the steak with roasted onions with the thought that they are to be eaten togther

Would that be considered a garnish? I know I could probably stuff whatever I wanted in the steak - why not on top?

No stuffing allowed, just the meat or fruit... "Aluminum foil, toothpicks, skewers, foreign material, and/or stuffing is prohibited in the container. (Marked entries will receive a one (1) in all criteria
from all Judges)."

You can sauce the top with a chunky sauce containing onions or whatever but only if it is a fine dice and doesn't "pool/puddle" in the container. Anything else would be considered a foreign object.

Hope that helps!

mfalco
10-17-2007, 01:37 PM
That helps - I think I'll be pushing the "sauce" envelope a bit - bit we'll see what happens

bonniesboytoy
10-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey Sled, u still looking for a botle of EZRA ??

Lazy Dawg
10-17-2007, 07:28 PM

Thought you folks would like to know some costs. I bought meats this morning.

1.89 lb Angus brisket 1.14 lb. boneless butt 1.45lb. spare ribs

Sledneck
10-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Hey Sled, u still looking for a botle of EZRA ??
I cant drink any this weekend(doesnt mix to well with my happy pills) but would in the future, you have a source? damn you have a good memory

deez20
10-17-2007, 09:06 PM

Just to add to this I was at the Bohemia RD about a month ago and got a 1 day pass no questions asked. Well almost no questions, they did ask for the name of the business.

Sledneck
10-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Garden city RD had plenty of meat, one of my packers 19#. the angus ones looked real small and thin.

nancee
10-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Hopefully some of you fairly mechanical (and strong ) types can give us a hand Sunday. Need to get our bws OFF its trailer and into the back of my truck. No idea what tools are needed; I suspect its just huge bolts but it is loaded up now so hard to tell.
I appreciate anything you guys can do to help.

Also, Does anyone want to split a case of RD lettuce if they have it?
thanks
nancee

Sledneck
10-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Hopefully some of you fairly mechanical (and strong ) types can give us a hand Sunday. Need to get our bws OFF its trailer and into the back of my truck. No idea what tools are needed; I suspect its just huge bolts but it is loaded up now so hard to tell.

thanks
nancee
You abandoning the trailer in sayville?:biggrin:

Muzzlebrake
10-17-2007, 09:42 PM

nancee

umm uhhh .....ouch, my back hurts,
:biggrin:
no problem nancee, just remind me

Sawdustguy
10-17-2007, 09:44 PM

thanks
nancee

Nancee,

Michele is going to RD to pick up a case of lettuce Friday. We usually only use half of it. We would be happy to split the case with you.

motoeric
10-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi,

I hope this helps for people that forget something they need or prefer shopping in the area. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do.

Where to Get Supplies

Hardware/Grills/Thermometers

Brinkmann True Value Hardware
15 Foster Avenue Sayville, New York 11782
Open Seven Days
Phone: (631)567-6879

LOWE'S OF BAY SHORE, NY #1709 (http://stores.lowes.com/lowes/cgi/site?site=1709&address=&design=default&lang=en&mapid=US&zipid=11716&bmap=&zip=11716)
800 SUNRISE HIGHWAY
BAY SHORE, NY 11706
(631) 954-9001
Fax: (631) 954-9004
M-SA 6-11, SU 8-9

Spices/Garnish/Fruit

Stop & Shop Supermarket
5705 Sunrise Highway
Sayville, NY 11782

Meat/Fish

Restaurant Depot
1335 Lakeland Ave. Bohemia, NY 11716 Phone: 631-218-1818 Fax: 631-218-1035 Store Hours: Fri: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM Sat: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM Sun: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Directions: Lakeland Ave. North, Restaurant Depot is on East.

South Bay Fish Market
1305 arctic Ave
Bohemia, NY 11716
631-589-0946 file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dummy/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image002.gifFri-Sat 8am to 6pm
Directions:
Lakeland Ave North. Turn right onto Arctic Ave
(at carwash)

BBQchef33
10-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Heres something i remembered tonight while prepping the trailer. The local board of health here have been pains in the ass at prior contests. KCBS requires a 3 bay cleaning station wash/rinse/sanatize.. but the BOH busted our chops for a 4th cleaning station to be used as 'handwash only". (even though we were not serving the public).

I didnt have a seperate tub, so set up a plain ole bucket and a water jug.. and that worked for them.

So, that being said, bring a bucket(or something) just in case.

Sawdustguy
10-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi,

I hope this helps for people that forget something they need or prefer shopping in the area. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do.

Where to Get Supplies

Hardware/Grills/Thermometers

Brinkmann True Value Hardware
15 Foster Avenue Sayville, New York 11782
Open Seven Days
Phone: (631)567-6879

LOWE'S OF BAY SHORE, NY #1709 (http://stores.lowes.com/lowes/cgi/site?site=1709&address=&design=default&lang=en&mapid=US&zipid=11716&bmap=&zip=11716)
800 SUNRISE HIGHWAY
BAY SHORE, NY 11706
(631) 954-9001
Fax: (631) 954-9004
M-SA 6-11, SU 8-9

Spices/Garnish/Fruit

Stop & Shop Supermarket
5705 Sunrise Highway
Sayville, NY 11782

Meat/Fish

Restaurant Depot
1335 Lakeland Ave. Bohemia, NY 11716 Phone: 631-218-1818 Fax: 631-218-1035 Store Hours: Fri: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM Sat: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM Sun: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Directions: Lakeland Ave. North, Restaurant Depot is on East.

South Bay Fish Market
1305 arctic Ave
Bohemia, NY 11716
631-589-0946 file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dummy/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image002.gifFri-Sat 8am to 6pm
Directions:
Lakeland Ave North. Turn right onto Arctic Ave
(at carwash)

Eric,

These is also a Super Market, Starbucks and Hardware Store within walking distance of the contest. Home Depot is only 7 miles away on Sunrise Hwy in North Patchogue.

nancee
10-17-2007, 10:27 PM
that would be great. I would love to split the giant parsley bag also presuming that is what you do
thanks
nancee

Nancee,

Michele is going to RD to pick up a case of lettuce Friday. We usually only use half of it. We would be happy to split the case with you.

nancee
10-17-2007, 10:30 PM
hell no
We are hauling the other trailer(pig roaster) down to jack and btb so we will put the bws in the truck and move the truck stuff to the trailer.
the BWS is going to Louisiana for refurb so it is going to tennessee with us but not coming right back.

does this make any sense?

You abandoning the trailer in sayville?:biggrin:

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 06:46 AM
hell no
We are hauling the other trailer(pig roaster) down to jack and btb so we will put the bws in the truck and move the truck stuff to the trailer.
the BWS is going to Louisiana for refurb so it is going to tennessee with us but not coming right back.

does this make any sense?
nancee with 2 e's, i was just breaking your chops. Whats the deal with the refurb, just curious. It has to go all the way to LA?Is that cost effective? I dint own one but never heard of that so just curious?

IS EVERBODY ELSE PSYCHED YET??? I CANT WAIT TO GET THE WEEKEND STARTED

Cue's Your Daddy
10-18-2007, 06:48 AM
Question on saucing for the grilling contest: would it be considered marking if you put a sauce in a squeeze bottle and do a criss cross type pattern with it. Would that be legal under KCBS rules?

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Question on saucing for the grilling contest: would it be considered marking if you put a sauce in a squeeze bottle and do a criss cross type pattern with it. Would that be legal under KCBS rules?
could be considered marking, but grom i have experienced the grilling contest is usually kind of loose, i once heard of a guy turning in fishsticks so anything can happen

BBQchef33
10-18-2007, 07:02 AM

under KCBS, that is absolutely marking and DQ material.

Even if the grilling is somewhat less stringent, i wouldnt do it. Just brush the sauce on it. 'Garnishing' with sauce for appearance is not KCBS legal.

Yakfishingfool
10-18-2007, 07:04 AM

I am but this cardiac cath with my mom tomorrow is turning into a night mare. They just called and I have to get her there and hour earlier. That's a 4:30am start, complete by 3pm and another hour and half home. gonna sleep the sleep of the dead tomorrow night at comp. Scott

Hope to see you all by 9pm. Scott

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 07:08 AM
I am but this cardiac cath with my mom tomorrow is turning into a night mare. They just called and I have to get her there and hour earlier. That's a 4:30am start, complete by 3pm and another hour and half home. gonna sleep the sleep of the dead tomorrow night at comp. Scott

Hope to see you all by 9pm. Scott
wouldnt it be easier for you to go home sleep and get up early sat morn?

Yakfishingfool
10-18-2007, 07:48 AM
Trust me , running that through my head. Really depends how things go tomorrow. Thinking if I'm really exhausted I'll sleep for a bit at home and come down in the middle of the night. Easier driving too. Scott

BigBarry
10-18-2007, 08:06 AM
nancee with 2 e's, i was just breaking your chops. Whats the deal with the refurb, just curious. It has to go all the way to LA?Is that cost effective? I dint own one but never heard of that so just curious?

Definitely! Can't wait to see everyone again! I have been so busy with my new job and family stuff that I haven't even had time to BBQ anything in 2 months.

BigBarry
10-18-2007, 08:08 AM
How about a roll call of who is going to be there Friday night and what are they thinking of cooking for the party/communal dinner?

Drunken pork with chipotle sauce

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Trust me , running that through my head. Really depends how things go tomorrow. Thinking if I'm really exhausted I'll sleep for a bit at home and come down in the middle of the night. Easier driving too. Scott
I would do that. During the snowmobile season i used to leave straight from the city and make the 5 hour drive upstate after work and many a friday i was weaving fighting to keep my eyes open on the thruway. I then started going home sleeping and waking up at 2AM and then leaving and i felt much better

pigmaker23
you cooking Willie???:-P

quote=BigBarry;482101]How about a roll call of who is going to be there Friday night and what are they thinking of cooking for the party/communal dinner?

Drunken pork with chipotle sauce[/quote]

barfly
I'm pysched and I'm not even competing! Most of my time'll be burning babybacks for Willie at the vending booth.
See you all there!

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 08:15 AM
you cooking Willie???:-P

quote=BigBarry;482101]How about a roll call of who is going to be there Friday night and what are they thinking of cooking for the party/communal dinner?

Drunken pork with chipotle sauce[/quote]
hehehe

willkat98
10-18-2007, 08:16 AM
I would do that. During the snowmobile season i used to leave straight from the city and make the 5 hour drive upstate after work and many a friday i was weaving fighting to keep my eyes open on the thruway. I then started going home sleeping and waking up at 2AM and then leaving and i felt much better

In a pink cadillac?

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 08:17 AM
In a pink cadillac?
yeah with a snowmobile trailer attached to it:tongue:

Porky
10-18-2007, 08:22 AM
I am absolutely PSYCHED to be a part of the competition. This will be my first comp the I have participated in, I just hope the weather holds out for us. See everyone on Sat early morn.

WannaBeBBQueen
10-18-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm in bringing two dishes for the communal dinner ...burritos and a chicken dish :roll: is that enough?

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm in bringing two dishes for the communal dinner ...burritos and a chicken dish :roll: is that enough?
i figured with a food shed you would have much more:tongue:

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Friday, Oct 19
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/15.gif
High: 70 °F RealFeel®: 67 °F
Mostly cloudy, warm and humid with a couple of showers and a thunderstorm, mainly later

Friday Night, Oct 19
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/15.gif
Low: 59 °F RealFeel®: 58 °F
Considerable cloudiness and breezy with a couple of showers and a thunderstorm

http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/images/forecast/starGazing.gif
Star-gazing conditions (http://www.accuweather.com/astronomy.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1)

Forecast Details (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&fday=2) | Hourly Forecast for Friday (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&hbhday=2&hbhhour=7) | Hourly Forecast for Friday Night (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&hbhday=2&hbhhour=19) | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-accupop.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0)
Saturday, Oct 20
High: 68 °F RealFeel®: 64 °F
Partly sunny, breezy and less humid

Saturday Night, Oct 20
Low: 55 °F RealFeel®: 50 °F
Windy in the evening; mostly clear

http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/images/forecast/starGazing.gif
Star-gazing conditions (http://www.accuweather.com/astronomy.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1)

Forecast Details (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&fday=3) | Hourly Forecast for Saturday (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&hbhday=3&hbhhour=7) | Hourly Forecast for Saturday Night (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0&hbhday=3&hbhhour=19) | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-accupop.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=11782&metric=0)

Sunday, Oct 21
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/01.gif
High: 71 °F RealFeel®: 68 °F
Abundant sunshine and pleasant

Sunday Night, Oct 21
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/33.gif
Low: 53 °F RealFeel®: 53 °F
Clear

WannaBeBBQueen
10-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Star gazing are you bringing your telescope??? lol

Hey anyone have an extra table I could borrow???

Does anyone wanna split a case of lettuce & parsley....???

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 08:36 AM

Even if the grilling is somewhat less stringent, i wouldnt do it. Just brush the sauce on it. 'Garnishing' with sauce for appearance is not KCBS legal.
Welocme! now head on over to cattle..............

BigBarry
10-18-2007, 08:41 AM

Hey anyone have an extra table I could borrow???

Does anyone wanna split a case of lettuce & parsley....???

We have a telescope but I have to ask the boss...

As for the greens, I would be glad to. Do you want to get it or me? I am going to RD but sometimes their stuff is beat up. Do you go to another source?

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 08:42 AM

i think my whistle does that:twisted:

SmokeInDaEye
10-18-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm coming out mid-day tomorrow to set some stuff up (depending on the rain situation), but will probably miss the dinner. Have to take the car home then back out a little later in the evening.

mfalco
10-18-2007, 09:44 AM

Poob - is a salsa acceptable as long as it's in "small dice" whatever that is - do you know what would consitiute a "small dice"?

Yakfishingfool
10-18-2007, 09:57 AM
KCBS says pooling and puddling a no no. Won't the salsa constitute pooling or puddling? guess the way to find out is turn it in and see what happens. I think the intent of the rule is to create foods not easily identified by personalization for judging. What about pureeing the salsa and slather on. Scott

mfalco
10-18-2007, 10:43 AM
KCBS says pooling and puddling a no no. Won't the salsa constitute pooling or puddling? guess the way to find out is turn it in and see what happens. I think the intent of the rule is to create foods not easily identified by personalization for judging. What about pureeing the salsa and slather on. Scott

I'm considering pureeing but it will destroy the look I'm going for......guess I'll either roll the dice or just let it go....

MilitantSquatter
10-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm no expert on grilling rules, but salsa is basically a sauce. I was under the assumption that onions, tomatoes etc. can be part of a sauce as long as the pieces are under 1/4 cubes..

Best suggestion is to bring this and a more basic sauce... When you arrive talk to the rep who is making the final decisions on rules to discuss.

WannaBeBBQueen
10-18-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm no expert on grilling rules, but salsa is basically a sauce. I was under the assumption that onions, tomatoes etc. can be part of a sauce as long as the pieces are under 1/4 cubes..

Best suggestion is to bring this and a more basic sauce... When you arrive talk to the rep who is making the final decisions on rules to discuss.

Excellent suggestion!! :biggrin: Vinny always has good advice.

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Can we add a Dear Vinny forum?

Jeremiah
10-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Can't wait for this one.

On a suckier note, company got us famous dave's for lunch. Blech.

nancee or anyone else who needs help lifting/moving/etc give me a buzz 917-299-4343 my team name is Heavy Metal BBQ, but we don't have a banner or anything. I'm 6'4 and haven't shaved in 2 weeks, that might help with spotting me. I plan on arriving early morning Saturday.

mfalco
10-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Can't wait for this one.

nancee or anyone else who needs help lifting/moving/etc give me a buzz 917-299-4343 my team name is Heavy Metal BBQ, but we don't have a banner or anything. I'm 6'4 and haven't shaved in 2 weeks, that might help with spotting me. I plan on arriving early morning Saturday.

Famous Daves - should be renamed "Famous Crap"

mfalco
10-18-2007, 11:22 AM

you are wise beyond your years Vinny !!!

bonniesboytoy
10-18-2007, 11:22 AM
I cant drink any this weekend(doesnt mix to well with my happy pills) but would in the future, you have a source? damn you have a good memory

1 Ltr $14.99
1.75 $24.99

This is the Black label 90 proof, not the white 80 proof. I'll pick some up before the comp if u want any..

MAsQue
10-18-2007, 11:26 AM
- do you know what would consitiute a "small dice"?

Nice to see you coming out for the competition, Michael. How's the new baby?

In my experience, "small dice" means about the size of the head of a kitchen match, somewhere between an eighth and a quarter of an inch. I have never seen an "official" definition, but I think that was used at the CBJ class I took.

bonniesboytoy
10-18-2007, 12:22 PM
I can bring a few bottles of wine, if anyone is interested.
BLUSH- a little dryer than Zinfandel
BLACK RASPBERRY MERLOT- nice and fruity for those who don't like merlot
BLACKBERRY CABERNET-for those who arn't happy with the taste of cabernet
GREEN APPLE REISLING
ITALIAN MERLOT- a real treat
AMARONE- a dry red manly taste
CAB SAUVIGNON

Jeremiah
10-18-2007, 12:31 PM
I will trade food/beer/whatever for some Amarone. What producer/vintage?

If I can get the time to stop at the beverage place I will be bringing plenty of dogfish head with me.

mfalco
10-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Nice to see you coming out for the competition, Michael. How's the new baby?

In my experience, "small dice" means about the size of the head of a kitchen match, somewhere between an eighth and a quarter of an inch. I have never seen an "official" definition, but I think that was used at the CBJ class I took.

Hey Brian! The Baby is great - thanks - 8 months old - ready to compete in his first comp.

I'm getting the feeling I'll have to rethink my Beef Steak - shame too....

Hope you're well - see you in few days !!

motoeric
10-18-2007, 12:50 PM

Just a quick follow up here. If I'm sleeping in the park Thursday to watch the tent and then being there for check in Friday I'm not going to have time to make any cakes or other desserts. I'll see if I can buy some (maybe I'll stop at Entenmanns).

Sorry.

Eric

MAsQue
10-18-2007, 01:00 PM

FWIW, I think the problem arises when you take a set of rules developed for a certain set of circumstances and try to apply them unaltered to a different set of circumstances. I'd agree with Scott as to the intent of the rule. Perhaps in the future, NEBS could look at modifying the KCBS rules to keep the intent, while allowing for the greater variety of foods and sauces that get entered into grilling contests. Does anyone know to whom such a suggestion could be made?

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 01:02 PM
FWIW, I think the problem arises when you take a set of rules developed for a certain set of circumstances and try to apply them unaltered to a different set of circumstances. I'd agree with Scott as to the intent of the rule. Perhaps in the future, NEBS could look at modifying the KCBS rules to keep the intent, while allowing for the greater variety of foods and sauces that get entered into grilling contests. Does anyone know to whom such a suggestion could be made?Make a suggestion to the president of NEBS, hes around here somewhere

backyardchef
10-18-2007, 01:03 PM
I know that NEBS has tried to put together a set of rules for grilling contests, but don't think anything final or official has come out of it. Maybe a note to someone at the NEBS Board (where are you, Steve?) would be a way to go....there hasn't been a consensus that I've seen....

Transformer BBQ
10-18-2007, 01:05 PM
They are aware, and they are working on it...

Yakfishingfool
10-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Not only will they have to take into account the size of the product on top, but there is going to be associated pooling, etc. I'd think all tis could easily be accepted by allowing a "topping" or "dressing" of the grilled product. Don't see where this could be a "marking" issue. scott

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Not only will they have to take into account the size of the product on top, but there is going to be associated pooling, etc. I'd think all tis could easily be accepted by allowing a "topping" or "dressing" of the grilled product. Don't see where this could be a "marking" issue. scott
Not having anything to do with the rules but I think alot of judges think of it as hiding or masking a taste. I was told that early on after a few contests where i tried similar things. My .02

SmokeInDaEye
10-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Can't wait for this one.

I'm 6'3" and will shave my entire body tonight so no one gets us confused.:oops:

All packed up and ready to roll tomorrow. See you all there.

backyardchef
10-18-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm 6'3" and will shave my entire body tonight so no one gets us confused.:oops:

You never do anything halfway, do you Clint? :rolleyes:

rbsnwngs
10-18-2007, 01:30 PM

ask the question and any other questions during the cooks meeting sat morning.

YankeeBBQ
10-18-2007, 01:33 PM
They are aware, and they are working on it...

What he said. We have a committee working on a set of grilling guidelines. I think they are making progress but they'll get more done on it in the off season. Picture a menu of rules and the organizer get's to pick which ones for each category in the contest. It's impossible to cover all situations but the guidelines will help to make it easier on the organizer and reps of the contest.

YankeeBBQ
10-18-2007, 01:38 PM
You never do anything halfway, do you Clint? :rolleyes:

You should have seen him running at full speed around Memphis in may waving a machete around. Priceless

MAsQue
10-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Not having anything to do with the rules but I think alot of judges think of it as hiding or masking a taste. I was told that early on after a few contests where i tried similar things. My .02

Really?! I never heard that before. Do they apply the same logic to sauce on ribs, chicken, brisket or pork?

Sledneck
10-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Really?! I never heard that before. Do they apply the same logic to sauce on ribs, chicken, brisket or pork?complete opposite there

rbsnwngs
10-18-2007, 01:43 PM
I have a smile from ear to ear just from reading how pyched everyone is getting about this event. I have already started drinking just to calm myself down

Westexbbq
10-18-2007, 01:49 PM
JULIE,
You can borrow my table, no problem. its a 5 footer.
Since I am not cooking this year, if anyone needs to borrow other stuff, I would be happy to bring it out Friday evening. eg. extension cords, bright light, Quickshade popup, wash tubs, coolers, extra chimneys, mini shopping cart, Texas flag, gravity chair, Lone Star beer boxes, etc etc.
Just let me know and I will throw it in my car.

pigmaker23
10-18-2007, 01:59 PM
and i will help you unload it !!!

JULIE,
You can borrow my table, no problem. its a 5 footer.
Since I am not cooking this year, if anyone needs to borrow other stuff, I would be happy to bring it out Friday evening. eg. extension cords, bright light, Quickshade popup, wash tubs, coolers, extra chimneys, mini shopping cart, Texas flag, gravity chair, Lone Star beer boxes, etc etc.
Just let me know and I will throw it in my car.

Yakfishingfool
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Willie, do we get to stop by and hit the cooler before we get over??? What's on tap? S

Yakfishingfool
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Heard it's going to be windy and was wondering if Big Barry was going to play canopy back-up again. Scott