PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual Fall Nor Cal Bash --It's Official

BBQ Grail
08-07-2007, 12:34 PM
The 1st Annual Fall Nor Call Bash is set for October 26 & 27 in beautiful Cloverdale, California.

The even will be held at the KOA Campground and each group is responsible for making their own arrangements with the campground. (A link is provided below). Please let them know you are with the BBQ Brethren Group.

KOA (http://www.koa.com/where/ca/05275/)

Cloverdale is located in the scenic Russian River area and close to many, many wineries.

About Cloverdale (http://www.cloverdale.net/)

More details as to what the agenda is will be announced as we get details on who is coming and what they are bringing as far as equipment.

Our hope is that we will be able to impress some of the locals enough to get them to sponsor an annual comp in this area. We will have some great surprises to announce once we know what they are.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you can attend along with who you are bringing and what equipment.

Thanks. This even will be "family friendly."

Already confirmed...

trp1fox
Smokepranos
Beerwolf
TK (yes a So Cal Brother is coming)

BBQ Grail
08-07-2007, 12:40 PM
TK and any other So Cals that want to attend. Don't worry about making reservations, we'll find room for you somewhere, someway. Unless you plan to bring and RV or such.

jtfisher63
08-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Good job getting this going Larry. One question, are they setting aside a specific area for us? I'm not sure yet if we will be bringing an RV or renting one of the cabins or lodges. I'm assuming we'd all want to be relativly close together as far as lodging goes. The place looks awesome and large.

What are the rest of you guys renting, a RV spot or cabin or lodge?

Jason

BBQ Grail
08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Good job getting this going Larry. One question, are they setting aside a specific area for us? I'm not sure yet if we will be bringing an RV or renting one of the cabins or lodges. I'm assuming we'd all want to be relativly close together as far as lodging goes. The place looks awesome and large.

What are the rest of you guys renting, a RV spot or cabin or lodge?

Jason
If the wife comes I'm getting a cabin. if she doesn't I'll probably sleep in my van..down by the river. And beerwolf gets all the credit for location...

We have an area for the actual bash. They have a large hall we will try to get if we get enough. Otherwise we will set up together.

They are trying to accomodate all of us camping together, so the sooner we get reservations in the better.

jtfisher63
08-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Sounds good Larry. Hopefully we can decide what we are bringing soon and make some reservations.

Jason

BBQ Grail
08-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Sounds good Larry. Hopefully we can decide what we are bringing soon and make some reservations.

Jason
Don't you HAVE to bring that new rig of yours?

jtfisher63
08-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Don't you HAVE to bring that new rig of yours?

Of course I'm bringing the new rig! I just need to decide if we are going to rent a cabin or get an RV site. I have access to a motor home and a fifth wheel trailer. The fifth wheel is much nicer, but of course then I'd have to bring two pickups. More than likely my brother and other buddy who are the other members of The Smokepranos will be going too. So it shouldn't be a problem finding drivers. Basically I need to talk to my wife tonight to see what the fark she wants to do. Worse case senario, I'll pull my rig up there by myself and sleep in the log rack! It is about 30" wide and 8' long.:wink:

Jason

Beerwolf
08-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Ive notified KOA to look out for Brethren. I am working on getting more public info and maybe a couple of wineries and breweries as well.

jtfisher63
08-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Ok, for some dumb reason I was thinking this was set for October not this month! This is the next weekend after the comp in Fairfield. I still may be able to make it work, but I noticed that the 26 -27 is Sunday - Monday. Is this right? I would be guess that this meant to be August 25 -26 Saturday - Sunday? Please let me know guys.

Jason

BBQ Grail
08-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Ok, for some dumb reason I was thinking this was set for October not this month! This is the next weekend after the comp in Fairfield. I still may be able to make it work, but I noticed that the 26 -27 is Sunday - Monday. Is this right? I would be guess that this meant to be August 25 -26 Saturday - Sunday? Please let me know guys.

Jason

You aren't dumb, I am!

The event is October 26 & 27. That is a Friday and Saturday. Thought was set up Friday night, cook all night, eat all day Saturday, sleep, go home Sunday.

I'm sure there is some flexibility here on Friday, Saturday, Sunday. It just depends on who wants to come and when.

I have corrected the original post.

big brother smoke
08-08-2007, 07:02 PM
If I cannot schedule a catering gig I will try and make it as well. It will be a game time decision.

jtfisher63
08-08-2007, 07:05 PM
If I cannot schedule a catering gig I will try and make it as well. It will be a game time decision.

It will be worth the drive for sure. A bunch of you SoCal guys should get together and convoy on up here. If for nothing else to say you convoyed somewhere!:grin:

Jason

BBQ Grail
08-08-2007, 07:14 PM

If you come and bring the La Caja China maybe we can get another Bashie for Brian...

Countryhb
08-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Any other SoCal brothers interested? I'd love to make the road trip!

Bigmista
08-08-2007, 08:59 PM
My next roadtrip will be taking my little one to Texas to meet her grandmother and great-grandmother.

BBQ Grail
08-08-2007, 09:03 PM
My next roadtrip will be taking my little one to Texas to meet her grandmother and great-grandmother.

As important as our Bash is, that road trip tops everything else.

It's just to bad there's no good BBQ in Texas any more.

yelonutz
08-08-2007, 09:49 PM
One way or another, I'll be there! John. Can we pick up our hats there? :twisted:

Beerwolf
08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Has anyone made any reservations with KOA yet?

BBQ Grail
08-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Has anyone made any reservations with KOA yet?

I think I'll be staying in a cabin. I'll make the reservation tomorrow.

jtfisher63
08-09-2007, 10:15 AM
I think I'll be staying in a cabin. I'll make the reservation tomorrow.

Me too.

Norcoredneck
08-09-2007, 05:47 PM
As important as our Bash is, that road trip tops everything else.

It's just to bad there's no good BBQ in Texas any more.
Comments like that got that East Coast/West Coast thing started in the Rap world.:eusa_clap
Texans carry big guns.

BBQ Grail
08-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Comments like that got that East Coast/West Coast thing started in the Rop world.:eusa_clap

I didn't mean anything by it. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I have the utmost respect for Texas BBQ. My dream vacation is a trip through the BBQ "markets" in Texas.

Norcoredneck
08-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I didn't mean anything by it. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I have the utmost respect for Texas BBQ. My dream vacation is a trip through the BBQ "markets" in Texas.

Hell I thought it was funny. Cuz I roll with the West coast posse. :mrgreen:

BBQ Grail
08-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Hell I thought it was funny. Cuz I roll with the West coast posse. :mrgreen:

Well, I hope you can roll up here in October...

I think there are several who want to come up.

BBQ Grail
08-09-2007, 08:33 PM
How hard will this be to live by?

KOA Cloverdale Rule
5. Quiet time is 10 PM until 8 AM. Please respect your neighbors

jtfisher63
08-09-2007, 11:12 PM

KOA Cloverdale Rule

Hmmmm... maybe they'll put us all in one corner or something. :shock:

Jason

Beerwolf
08-10-2007, 01:15 AM
NO Naked Twister either....

BBQ Grail
08-10-2007, 01:34 AM
NO Naked Twister either....

Shhhhh....we want Brian in So Cal to come up.

Countryhb
08-10-2007, 12:19 PM
have you seen that guy?? NO NAKED TWISTER especially with Brian!!

Grillman40
08-11-2007, 06:38 AM
I gotta agree with Country...no nake twista for Brian :-D

Been around the world a few times and seen some nasty cwap before...

but that would probably make me ralphhhhhh

Sorry Bri :biggrin:

FatDad
08-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Where is the nearest airport?
Do I fly in to LA?
Or is there something closer?

Twister is a must

FatDad
08-11-2007, 08:53 AM
The 1st Annual Fall Nor Call Bash is set for October 26 & 27 in beautiful Cloverdale, California.

The even will be held at the KOA Campground and each group is responsible for making their own arrangements with the campground. (A link is provided below). Please let them know you are with the BBQ Brethren Group.

Cloverdale is located in the scenic Russian River area and close to many, many wineries.

More details as to what the agenda is will be announced as we get details on who is coming and what they are bringing as far as equipment.

Our hope is that we will be able to impress some of the locals enough to get them to sponsor an annual comp in this area. We will have some great surprises to announce once we know what they are.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you can attend along with who you are bringing and what equipment.

Already confirmed...

trp1fox
Smokepranos
Beerwolf

PLEASE CHANGE THE BRETHREN CALENDAR ... I am so cofused.
I must have time to prepare for twister and if this is really in August
I must train harder and faster. I really prefer the OCT timeframe.

BBQ Grail
08-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Where is the nearest airport?
Do I fly in to LA?
Or is there something closer?

Twister is a must
Probably the best thing would be to fly into Sacramento or San Francisco and on Friday morning and get a ride with one of us to Cloverdale. Or fly into LA and drive up with someone from So Cal.

If you want to rent a car and drive yourself then I'd go San Francisco.

There are many options and within a week or so we should have a better idea of who is coming and the best way to get you to the Bash and from what airport.

BBQ Grail
08-11-2007, 11:26 AM
PLEASE CHANGE THE BRETHREN CALENDAR ... I am so cofused.
I must have time to prepare for twister and if this is really in August
I must train harder and faster. I really prefer the OCT timeframe.
Calendar is fixed...

IT'S OCTOBER

Beerwolf
08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Probably the best thing would be to fly into Sacramento or San Francisco and on Friday morning and get a ride with one of us to Cloverdale. Or fly into LA and drive up with someone from So Cal.

If you want to rent a car and drive yourself then I'd go San Francisco.

There are many options and within a week or so we should have a better idea of who is coming and the best way to get you to the Bash and from what airport.

You could probably get a hopper from Sac to Santa Rosa.. there is some line that is serving it.

BBQ Grail
08-12-2007, 09:03 PM
My KOA reservation is made.

Anyone else?

jtfisher63
08-13-2007, 08:09 PM
My reservations are made also. I got a two room cabin. Who's next?

Jason

tommykendall
08-14-2007, 12:36 PM

KOA Cloverdale Rule

Does the phrase "we're basically farked" mean anything?

BBQ Grail
08-14-2007, 01:37 PM
I believe we have worked out a solution with them...

Are you coming?

Bringing the HB contingent with you. I understand that at least one of them loves road trips. Brian wants to come up to if he can swing it.

It looks like fatdad might make the trip out.

FatDad
08-14-2007, 02:21 PM

Duct Tape works real good ...Shhhh !

BBQ Grail
08-15-2007, 06:03 PM
We need a few more...come one...whose gonna make it...

So far here is who is coming...

trp1fox w/wife (Rocklin, CA)
yelonutz w/wife (Chico, CA
Smokeprano w/son & two guys (Modesto, CA)
Beerwolf (Cloverdale, CA)

Also scheduled to appear:
fatdad (Richardson, TX)
TK (Long Beach, CA)

FatDad
08-15-2007, 11:06 PM
We need a few more...come one...whose gonna make it...

So far here is who is coming...

trp1fox w/wife (Rocklin, CA)
yelonutz w/wife (Chico, CA
Smokeprano w/son & two guys (Modesto, CA)
Beerwolf (Cloverdale, CA)

Also scheduled to appear:
fatdad (Richardson, TX)
TK (Long Beach, CA)

I'm workin' on it for sure !!
Trying to decide on car rental from Frisco or maybe RV rental
so I can stay at KOA...

BBQ Grail
08-20-2007, 11:10 PM

Already confirmed...

trp1fox
Smokepranos
Beerwolf
Bump

Norcoredneck
09-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Well is plans still in effect? who's going?

BBQ Grail
09-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Well is plans still in effect? who's going?
Beerwold, trp1fox, jtfisher, yelonutz are confirmed. I heard rumors TK and FatDad were coming but have not received confirmation.

We'd sure like to get more So Cals to come along.

big brother smoke
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I am touch and go! Game time decision. I want to throw some small lures in the pond.

jtfisher63
09-19-2007, 12:02 PM
I am touch and go! Game time decision. I want to throw some small lures in the pond.

BBS, you need to rally the bros! I have a feeling that many of the other SoCal bros are on the fence also. If a few of you commit the rest will follow!(I hope)

Where are the NorCal guys hiding? This will be a great opportunity to meet some of your bros and have a good time.

Jason

bbqpigskin
09-19-2007, 12:14 PM
I would love to attend,but I coach HS Football and am right in the middle of the season. I hope you guys have a blast! If this goes well, maybe one in the Spring would be possible.

big brother smoke
09-19-2007, 01:16 PM
BBS, you need to rally the bros! I have a feeling that many of the other SoCal bros are on the fence also. If a few of you commit the rest will follow!(I hope)

Where are the NorCal guys hiding? This will be a great opportunity to meet some of your bros and have a good time.

Jason

I cannot commit yet. Still in the midst of catering season. Maybe nothing will get booked:biggrin: Did I just say that:shock:

CountryHB might be game!

Bill-Chicago
09-19-2007, 02:04 PM
I cannot commit yet. Still in the midst of catering season. Maybe nothing will get booked:biggrin: Did I just say that:shock:

CountryHB might be game!

Jason,

Why not book BBS for the Bash!!!

Then he'll have to come!!

:twisted:

jtfisher63
09-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Jason,

Why not book BBS for the Bash!!!

Then he'll have to come!!

:twisted:

Hmmmmm.... good idea. Whatcha charging BBS?!!! 8-)

Jason

FatDad
09-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Beerwold, trp1fox, jtfisher, yelonutz are confirmed. I heard rumors TK and FatDad were coming but have not received confirmation.

We'd sure like to get more So Cals to come along.

Due to a "must attend" convention in Austin, I have to decline.
Sorry guys.....

big brother smoke
09-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Hmmmmm.... good idea. Whatcha charging BBS?!!! 8-)

Jason

The mileage/gas alone would kill ya:shock: :biggrin: !

jtfisher63
09-19-2007, 03:05 PM
The mileage/gas alone would kill ya:shock: :biggrin: !

No doubt!!