PDA

View Full Version : Judges at the Laurie cook off

Mo-Dave
08-01-2007, 09:57 AM
I may be putting my foot in it so to speak but here goes. Josh and Sherry Carlyle are going to be cooking with me in Laurie this weekend. A lot of you may know them, they are CBJs and are going for their Master Judge title, hence the reason we are going to be cooking as a team.

Anyway if anyone, especially any new to comp cooks would like to stop by and say hi and maybe pick our brains we would be glad to offer any inside info we can as to what we look for when judging.

Josh and Sherry are not cooks and I am not so great at it myself, my score sheets prove that. So if you have any cooking advice for us that would also be welcome. See ya there.
Dave

Puppyboy
08-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Good luck!!!

I've cooked twice and judged twice. I am trying to keep it balanced to be the total package in BBQ. The judging is a lot cheaper though.

Mo-Dave
08-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Good luck!!!

I've cooked twice and judged twice. I am trying to keep it balanced to be the total package in BBQ. The judging is a lot cheaper though.

Hey stop by if your there. I am a firm believer that judges should discuss judging with other judges, just like cooks discuss cooking with other cooks.
Dave