PDA

View Full Version : Harpoon!! (7/28-29) Windsor,VT

Rub
07-21-2007, 05:02 PM
I've read and heard about Harpoon for a few years now and have always wanted to experience it firsthand. This year I get my chance :mrgreen:

I'm flying up Thursday night with big daddy Q, and we want to experience all that is Harpoon and meet all the Brethren up there. I've seen quite a few of you guys online on different bbq boards now for 3 or 4 years; it's time to drink a beer together. I know we're looking forward to it! First time at Harpoon, first time in VT for these FL boys.

Oh and btw, I try to get a retired license plate from every state I cook in to put on my bbq trailer. If anyone's got an old one laying around, I'd love to give it a new home. 8)

Looking forward to next weekend!!

LostNation
07-22-2007, 06:55 AM
Hi rub, I'll see you next weekend. I'll look around for an old VT plate, I don't save them.

lunchlady
07-22-2007, 11:14 AM
hey rub - i think we may have met in Douglas, GA last November, but I am looking forward to seeing you in VT. Stop by the lunchmeat lounge for a cold one!

don't forget your bathing suit - the CT river is SWEET!

ciao~

Papa Tom
07-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh and btw, I try to get a retired license plate from every state I cook in to put on my bbq trailer. If anyone's got an old one laying around, I'd love to give it a new home. 8)

Looking forward to next weekend!!

I 've got a Texas plate waitin' for ya.....:biggrin:

The Anchorman
07-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi rub, I'll see you next weekend. I'll look around for an old VT plate, I don't save them.

Hey Rich, don't forget those retired BBQ T-shirts you mentioned before.
Thanks Ray

Rub
07-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks Rich and Michelle - looking forward to seeing you guys. And yep Michelle, we did meet in Douglas. That's a fun one too, are you guys going back? I'll be there again.

Thanks Papa Tom, some day it would be great to come out and see how it's done in TX. Especially learn some brisket techniques :wink:

Sawdustguy
07-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Rub,

Stop by the Polocks while at the contest. It's our Harpoon debut and we will be celebrating my birthday. So stop by our site and tip a couple with us.

YankeeBBQ
07-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Hey Rob see you this weekend. I don't have any moonshine but I should have some tequila lying around.

Loosenut
07-23-2007, 07:01 AM
I have a few VT plates lying around. I'll try to remember to throw one in the truck. Stop by when you have a chance.

Gary
Champlain Pit Crew

Rub
07-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks Guy, Steve, and Gary. Really looking forward to this :biggrin:

I thought about bringing some mandarin orange shine, but with the ban on liquids and bag inspections, it might not be a good idea...

Transformer BBQ
07-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Make sure to stop by and say hello...
-Brendan

Nitrofly
07-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!! Baaahhhbeque !!!

Rub
07-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Looks like I better study up on northern dialects :confused: lol...

MilitantSquatter
07-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Rub & Big Daddy - Don't forget to stop by and see us..

I'll be cooking under my Bad Bones team name, but you'll get the added benefit of meeting my two pit bitches aka Phil and Jorge. :twisted:

Look for Phil's new black BBQ Brethren trailer with my really pretty Spicewine cooking next to it and the Texas Longhorn logos on all Jorge..

As a fellow Spicebox owner, Big Daddy Q must pay his respects to the Spicebox...

big daddy Q
07-23-2007, 06:33 PM
just thought of something..................i will be cookin on frankenswines fast eddie, can i still wear my lucky spicewine shirt ?????
there may be a law bout that!:confused: :confused: :confused:

really cant wait to meet all the brethren i'll be the handsome devil in the spice shirts-5 xl, and you'll reconize rub...............rub is the little drunk guy with me

i'm sure to admire all the spicewines, i dont see many down here, baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhbque, think i got it!

lunchlady
07-23-2007, 07:31 PM
baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhbque, think i got it!

I think he's got it!

YEA!

SmokeInDaEye
07-23-2007, 08:28 PM
I think he's got it!

YEA!

You people are weird. I'll be rooting for all of you anyway from several states away! 3 days and counting...

Sledneck
07-23-2007, 09:00 PM
I thought about bringing some mandarin orange shine, but with the ban on liquids and bag inspections, it might not be a good idea...
Thanks for the tease!

YankeeBBQ
07-24-2007, 07:52 AM
You people are weird.

That's what that Jack Daniels Stuff does to people. I'm glad I only drink Tequila. Unless I run out then I drink.......

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhBah Q !

Scottie
07-24-2007, 09:48 AM
I've got a nice new bottle of agave (a brand I've never had before, whcih I bought on a recommendation)... Will you be able to taste it for me and let me know if it's a good vintage or not? I think my tequila taste buds have left me for Jack tasting... As I am on my road to Master Taster for Jack Daniel's..... :wink: Which reminds me... I need to make sure my new Clonesicle is in my rv freezer...

Packing up the coolers tonight and hitting the road tomorrow afternoon.

WannaBeBBQueen
07-24-2007, 09:52 AM
I've got a nice new bottle of agave (a brand I've never had before, whcih I bought on a recommendation)... Will you be able to taste it for me and let me know if it's a good vintage or not?

if he can't I'd sure be willing to give it a shot, lol, no pun intended.

We had a tequila bar at our last outing...:biggrin:

What kind is it?

ique
07-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Packing up the coolers tonight and hitting the road tomorrow afternoon.

Have a safe commute.

I picked up a bottle of this stuff... swing by for a sip when you arrive in Windsor....

http://www.creativemag.com/images2005%5CnpblavodCieloAnejo.jpg

Rub
07-24-2007, 09:58 AM
really cant wait to meet all the brethren i'll be the handsome devil in the spice shirts-5 xl, and you'll reconize rub...............rub is the little drunk guy with me
That comment is so bass-ackwards I don't even know where to begin. :roll: :confused:

smokincracker
07-25-2007, 07:43 AM
OOO!NO

You guys don't know what your dealing with.
Keep all golf carts locked up and all your women at home.
These two guys could very well drink all the beer Harpoon can make.

While the individuals referenced are Florida Boys we cannot accept any direct or indirect responsibility for their activities; consequently, interaction with these two is not recommended and please do so at your own risk.

Statements made are to be construed as a recommendations only. We encourage BBQers use their own due diligence before considering any interaction with the two Florida Boys described in the transcript above.

The information provided herein is supplied by several sources and is subject to change without notice.

Thanks for your understanding.

Have fun boys!

Nitrofly
07-25-2007, 08:00 AM
"You people are weird." thank you not everyone notices
that we are weird.. Were going to miss you at Harpoon..
I have two clonesicles in the freezer as we speak...

nancee
07-25-2007, 11:13 PM
wait till you meet the NEBS crowd...gators are normal!!!

"You people are weird." thank you not everyone notices
that we are weird.. Were going to miss you at Harpoon..
I have two clonesicles in the freezer as we speak...

LostNation
07-27-2007, 05:08 AM
I dropped off my pit last night and there must have been a dozen teams set up. Chris Hart (iQue fame) is really raising the roof on a NEBS contest. They have a circus tent set up on their site and a case of Patron for Sat night. Good thing there stating in 2 motor homes behind their site. Weathers looking a little better.

barfly
07-27-2007, 05:29 AM
[QUOTE=LostNation;434814] Chris Hart (iQue fame) is really raising the roof on a NEBS contest. They have a circus tent set up on their site and a case of Patron for Sat night. QUOTE]

In a wierd way a case of tequila and a circus tent kinda go hand in hand......

Big Dog Barbecue
07-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Gotta' be some results by now...

WannaBeBBQueen
07-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Gotta' be some results by now...

I was thinkin the same thing :rolleyes:

tonto1117
07-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Hot off the press...

CHICKEN
I QUe
Giggling Pigs
Uncle Jed's BBQ
Q Ball
I Smell Smoke!!!

RIBS
Bastey Boys
Lunch Meat
I Que
Flaming Hogs
Anchormen

PORK
Anchormen
Bad Bones BBQ Crew
Transformers
I Smell Smoke!!!
BBQ Guru

BRISKET
Pokey Smokers
I Smell Smoke!!!
Bad Bones BBQ Crew
Champlain Pit Crew
Howling Hogs

OVERALL
Grand Champion Lunchmeat
Reserve The Anchormen
I Smell Smoke!!!
I Que
Purple Turtle

WOOOO HOOOOO A BRETHREN SWEEP!!!!!! CONGRAT'S TO ALL!!!!!

butt head
07-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Congrats to all.

Pig Headed
07-28-2007, 06:53 PM
WTG, congrats to all.

clisadelong@hotmail.com
07-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Anyone know which team Big Daddy Q was cooking under??

WannaBeBBQueen
07-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Whoo Hooo! Another awesome showing:biggrin: WTG!!!!!

Westexbbq
07-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Well, would you look at that!
Great going and congratulations all around!

SmokeInDaEye
07-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Anyone know which team Big Daddy Q was cooking under??

I beleive it was Dr. Frankenswine. Congrats all for a great showing! Wish I could have been there but I was busy getting wooped Memphis in May style>

MrSmoker
07-29-2007, 06:50 AM
Congrats Brothers, WTG.

Big Dog Barbecue
07-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Congratulations all. Kinda' interesting how the GC and RC went.

What about Team of the Year. Had to be I Smell Smoke.

How was the weather? Did it rain like last year?

Lakeside Smoker
07-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Best event EVER!!!!!
Congrats to all who got called!
We just got back from Harpoon, it was a great time. I judged on
Saturday and then spent the night up there partying with everyone.
Thanks to everyone who let us crash their sites and parties! Truly a
great time!

Mike

Plowboy
07-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Nice job, Brothers!!!

SloppyQ
07-29-2007, 02:16 PM
WTG! Nice showing brothers.

Pig Headed
07-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Congrats Brethren. WTG!!

Solidkick
07-29-2007, 06:13 PM
A very nice job to all the Brethren teams that competed! A very special "HooRAH" to my brothers Vinny, Jorge and Poobah for the scores in pork and brisket!!

Sledneck
07-29-2007, 06:21 PM
A very nice job to all the Brethren teams that competed! A very special "HooRAH" to my brothers Vinny, Jorge and Poobah for the scores in pork and brisket!!
I second that hoorah! And congratulations to all of the "NEBS brethren " who walked. :biggrin: A very nice contest. Was very nice to meet big daddy q and rub. I can now see why they have a waiting list.

Lakeside Smoker
07-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Harpoon grilling winners.

Transformers BBQ Grand Champion
The Slabs.com reserve

Great job guys!!

SmokeInDaEye
07-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Congrats Transformer on the grilling GC!

Q Haven
07-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Just got back from Harpoon a little while ago. What an awesome time. Got to hang out with all kinds of Brethren, met the Poobah for the first time, hoisted a few with Willie B, Lakeside Smoker, our next door neighbors Lost Nation, the Anchormen (congrats on RCG Ray!) and a big congrats to Lunchmeat on their victory...BAAAAAH-BA-QUE! and Transformer BBQ for winning grilling. And thanks to iQue for feeding us Friday and Saturday nights.

A wild three days...did ok in the Q event with one call and 7th overall, tanked grilling, sold everything we had vending. The beer constantly flowed. Real interesting late night hijinks down at the campground by the river. The greatest contest....

MilitantSquatter
07-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Excellent contest !!! ...Overall, I am extremely pleased a 2nd & 3rd in pork & brisket and in the top 10 overall with such a top flight list of teams. Thought the chicken and ribs were pretty good too but the results said otherwise this time out..

Poobah and Jorge are truly two great friends who bent over backwards helping out whenever needed. I cannot thank them enough for all their efforts to allow me to focus on all the details. It was a great little road trip and also a special thanks to James for keeping us entertained and doing so much work setting up and breaking down or whenever asked. Using Phil's trailer to cook in during prep and turn in time was great too.

It was great seeing everyone and meeting some new people as well.

Congrats to Lunchmeat for a great win !!! (although I must admit that I am BAHHBEQUEED out after the first couple of chants) :icon_blush: but you guys like to have fun and that's most important.

SmokeInDaEye
07-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Excellent contest !!! ...Overall, I am extremely pleased a 2nd & 3rd in pork & brisket and in the top 10 overall with such a top flight list of teams. Thought the chicken and ribs were pretty good too but the results said otherwise this time out..

Poobah and Jorge are truly two great friends who bent over backwards helping out whenever needed. I cannot thank them enough for all their effortsto allow me to focus on all the details. It was a great little road trip and also a special thanks to James for keeping us entertained and doing so much work setting up and breaking down or whenever asked.

It was great seeing everyone and meeting some new people as well.

Can't be mad at a showing like that! Great job Vinny and thanks for the check-in call. Sounded like everyone had an amazing time. Need to start my bribes now for next year...

Lakeside Smoker
07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I have some pics uploaded to my web site, check em out!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n40/lakesidesmoker/Picture020.jpg

Transformer BBQ
07-30-2007, 04:01 PM
I think the shirt Sully had on Sunday topped that one...

simple drawing of a torso with arms and legs.... "head wanted"

What a great weekend... Didn't have such a good saturday, except with Pork (which we thought was the weakest thing we turned in)...

but Sunday sure made the ride home a lot better...

Congratulations to Lunchmeat... incredible showing.

-Brendan

Lakeside Smoker
07-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Hey, nice to see you this weekend Brendan. Great job on Sunday!!!
With those high scores you must have been real close for rookie team of the year. Is there a list for the top rookie teams?

Mike

Bigmista
07-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Way to go Brethren!

Bigmista
07-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Not a single Poobah shot? What is the world coming to?

The Anchorman
07-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Did anyone see the size of the trophy for Reserve Grand Champions?

Lakeside Smoker
07-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Did anyone see the size of the trophy for Reserve Grand Champions?

LMAO!!! Now thats funny. :-D

pigmaker23
07-31-2007, 06:35 AM
I think it fell out of my pocket in the porta potty !!!! did you look for it ray ? :-D

CharlieBeasley
07-31-2007, 07:01 AM
Congratulations to all and what a great showing for the Brethren!

BBQchef33
07-31-2007, 08:34 AM
i had a blast.. its a nice change to have no pressure on me.. all i had to do was follow vinny around and make sure he didnt have to do anything but cook. We made a few snacks during the day due to 'cooking withdrawls' and wandered around saying hi to as many as I can find.. Gonna try to get in on my own next year for sure.. a great run contest! congrats to everyone who got the calls. I got a few pics to, but gotta locate the camera first. ;(

ique
07-31-2007, 09:00 AM
I think it fell out of my pocket in the porta potty !!!! did you look for it ray ? :-D

Are The Anchormen complaining again?... :shock: :shock: ;-)

ique
07-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Great time and despite the Forecast the weather was almost perfect. Good to see many of the Brethren and thanks Jorge for those awesome sausages!

Nice job Vinnie on Pork and Brisket.

And of course congrats to Lunchmeat, the Anchormen, and ISS!!! for Team of the Year.

Hope to see some of you in New Paltz (I think I'm in).

YankeeBBQ
07-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Great time and despite the Forecast the weather was almost perfect. Good to see many of the Brethren and thanks Jorge for those awesome sausages!

Nice job Vinnie on Pork and Brisket.

And of course congrats to Lunchmeat, the Anchormen, and ISS!!! for Team of the Year.

Hope to see some of you in New Paltz (I think I'm in).

Yeah those sausages were excellent. Thanks Jorge.

The Anchorman
07-31-2007, 01:29 PM
yeah, Eric thats where is was, Bob found it when you left. He thought it was a little something you left behind.
Call Me I'm at home now.

Rub
07-31-2007, 07:06 PM
I had a pretty good time.:rolleyes:

:biggrin:

big daddy Q
07-31-2007, 09:36 PM
the new england brethren are great, congrads to all, and special thanks to phil............ my first linguine and clam sauce, mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
i fixed some for my kids tonite, they love it too!

baaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhbque..................... ... cant seem to get that outta my head ?????

Sledneck
08-01-2007, 06:58 AM
:biggrin: Hey cracker, i think you need to come up and cook with me in august to fix the image of florida these boys tarnished this past weekend:biggrin:

LostNation
08-01-2007, 07:10 AM
I had a pretty good time.:rolleyes:

:biggrin:

Thanks to the Florida boys for coming to Vermont, we in NEBS really appreciate it when teams come to New England to cook and hang out. It was a fun weekend.

BDQ I'll send you a PM about the shirt

Rub
08-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Thanks for your hospitality Rich, and to ALL of the great NEBS teams up there. Everyone was very friendly and welcomed us in. It was a trip of a lifetime for me, and one that I won't soon forget. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with people I'd never met before! You guys would all fit right in with our FBA group down here, and I hope we get a chance to repay your generosity some day.

Harpoon far exceeded my expectations! :eusa_clap

big daddy Q
08-01-2007, 10:16 AM
:biggrin: Hey cracker, i think you need to come up and cook with me in august to fix the image of florida these boys tarnished this past weekend:biggrin:

and i was just tellin rub.......... i dont think anybody noticed

BUT, there is a story behind the low score!

Kirk
08-01-2007, 01:48 PM
I've been away for a little while. Congrats guys (and gals)!!!

smokincracker
08-02-2007, 01:20 PM

Buy them books and send them to school and what do they do?
They eat the teacher!!