PDA

View Full Version : Brothers, I have something to tell you.

jacob
07-20-2007, 08:53 PM
HOUSTON TEXAS HERE I COME, Yes thats right brothers and sisters. My pit is ready and waiting for me to come get her. Dave called tonight after I sent him an e-mail asking for an update. I was out buying some beef ribs and butts when he called. His message was"your pit has been sitting out in the yard for three days. Told me it has rained there for eleven days now. I am waiting for his return call now while I'm getting the pit ready to cook. YIPEE, HOUSTON ON MY MIND.
jacob

sterlingsmoker
07-20-2007, 09:03 PM
I am ready to see some pics of the trip and the new smoker!!

bbqbull
07-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Wow, have a great trip! Tell Big Dave I said hello as well.

thillin
07-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Eat at Burns BBQ when your there. Call Dave and see if he can do lunch. Take pics and tour his shop. Lots of cool pits in there.

tommykendall
07-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Have a safe trip - especially on the way home.

BBQ Grail
07-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Good luck and safe trip. Congrats, you deserve the happy moment.

Can't wait for the pics of the first smoke.

Harbormaster
07-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Happy for you buddy!!!
New, used, bought, stolen...it don't matter. There just ain't nothin' like that schoolboy giddiness one gets when picking up a pit!!!

"I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or keep a thought in my head."

FatDad
07-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Have a safe Trip and send PICS

parrothead
07-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Excellent! Now go get it.

bowhnter
07-21-2007, 07:29 AM
That's great, have a safe trip!!

backyardchef
07-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Congrats! Enjoy your new baby! PICS! PICS! PICS!

jacob
07-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Spent last night cooking some butts. Wasn't like I was going to sleep anyway. Feels like I'm not waiting for Santa. Santa's waiting for me. Pit to heavy for the sleigh.:biggrin: I'm hoping I can make the trip this weekend. Won't know for sure until Monday. I have to arrange for my work duties to be covered. Vacation time won't be available until August. I had planned to get the pit and finish adding the necessary equipment . That is needed to start vending. I planned to start next year. Things may be working out quicker than I first thought.
I stopped by the bank yesterday to make a pmt. on an account. The person who was helping me with that was a new face to me. After I made the pmt. she ask if there was anything else she could help me with. Using the kind of dry humor thats seems to get me into trouble sometimes. I replied, You could give me the money to get my pit home if you want too. It's funny how the topic of Que can get a conversation started. I guess we talked about 15 minutes. I was thinking all along that she was going to be in trouble for spending so much time just talking. Long story short. It turns out this was a general Mgr. After the run down I shared about my future plans and goals. She looked at me and said I can set all this up for you. She knew more about the things I would need than I. Haven't said yes to the loan yet, going to ask more questions on Monday. Looks promising though. All I am sure of is one way or another I'm going to Houston.:-D Low and Slow seems to open a lot of doors. I did have to agree to bring her some Que. The real door opener here and make no mistakes. My father in heaven who even when I think he's not sometimes, is watching over me.
jacob:-D

MilitantSquatter
07-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Have a safe trip... and take some pics from the shop too !!!

tjus77
07-21-2007, 11:13 AM
wow congrats and all that. bring your swim fins! the water is high around here and rains will continue all week they say. gotta get my pop up back so I can cook some more!

tonto1117
07-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Congrat's. Jacob!! Look foward to seeing the pics!

jacob
07-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I've been cooking since last night. I took the butts off early this morning. Now I am heating up the pit again. going to to some beef slabs. I don't know exactly the cut, looks like short backs. They are very meaty, with some nice fat marbling. Not seen these around here in a while. Got to go for now, I've got to pull the butts. Need to use 6# to add the seasoning too, for the BBQ Pizza I'm trying.
jacob

ZILLA
07-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Where are you coming from and how long will you be in Houston?

Neil
07-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Spent last night cooking some butts. Wasn't like I was going to sleep anyway. Feels like I'm not waiting for Santa. Santa's waiting for me. Pit to heavy for the sleigh.:biggrin: I'm hoping I can make the trip this weekend. Won't know for sure until Monday. I have to arrange for my work duties to be covered. Vacation time won't be available until August. I had planned to get the pit and finish adding the necessary equipment . That is needed to start vending. I planned to start next year. Things may be working out quicker than I first thought.
I stopped by the bank yesterday to make a pmt. on an account. The person who was helping me with that was a new face to me. After I made the pmt. she ask if there was anything else she could help me with. Using the kind of dry humor thats seems to get me into trouble sometimes. I replied, You could give me the money to get my pit home if you want too. It's funny how the topic of Que can get a conversation started. I guess we talked about 15 minutes. I was thinking all along that she was going to be in trouble for spending so much time just talking. Long story short. It turns out this was a general Mgr. After the run down I shared about my future plans and goals. She looked at me and said I can set all this up for you. She knew more about the things I would need than I. Haven't said yes to the loan yet, going to ask more questions on Monday. Looks promising though. All I am sure of is one way or another I'm going to Houston.:-D Low and Slow seems to open a lot of doors. I did have to agree to bring her some Que. The real door opener here and make no mistakes. My father in heaven who even when I think he's not sometimes, is watching over me.
jacob:-D

WOW! What a beautiful post. I've been overly emotional lately and this brings tears of joy to my eyes. Have a safe trip and enjoy your success.

jacob
07-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Where are you coming from and how long will you be in Houston?
Time is going to have to be short. My busiest time at work will start around the first. Don't know yet if wife still wants to go or not. Holding off asking until I'm sure I can make the trip in the upcoming week.
T-Town Alabama

Spydermike72
07-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Hey Jacob,

Stop posting and start driving!! Just Kidding, as everyone has said, we expect pics of the pit,the shop, the drive everything...

Enjoy!!

jacob
07-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey Jacob,

Stop posting and start driving!! Just Kidding, as everyone has said, we expect pics of the pit,the shop, the drive everything...

Enjoy!!
I wish it was that simple for me to do. I would already be there.:biggrin: I have two cards that will hold 250 pics each + the camera will hold some in its own memory. Does this give you an Ideal of what I got in mind.:biggrin:

frognot
07-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Happy trails, Jacob!

jacob
07-22-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm going to have to find a way to go this week. This feeling ain't like the one was waiting for the build. It's now stepped up a notch. I was able to sleep last night after cooking and eating all that food. I was out like a light pretty early.
I'm am so glad I have someone like you all to share this with. I have been dreaming and scheming of a way to do this for years. It hasn't been an easy road to travel. But to finally see things start too happen is an awesome feeling.:-D :-D and very proud to be a part of the brethren.

backyardchef
07-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Enjoy it, man...I remember how the anticipation built as the day came closer and closer....and then to hear the magic words from Dana-- 'ready to ship'--man, it was more intense than any xmas, Hanukkah, or birthday....and then, well, the shipping was another story......

Just know this: when you see your new baby in person and open the doors and look around, your expectations will be exceeded. That is a fact.

BBQ_MAFIA
07-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Like the other guys have said, I can't wait to see the PICs.
Congrats on the new pit and have a safe trip.

jacob
07-22-2007, 07:07 PM
You know brothers, if I wasn't wanting Monday to be here. It would already be Monday. I'm like one of them race horses, sitting on ready just waiting for that gate to pop open. Nerve racking chit.

jacob
07-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Just talk to Dave, picture taking is ok. He's pretty busy, but told me the pictures on my site was impressive.:shock: I didn't realize every one could see all. I'm sure am glad I been selective in the pictures I leave posted there.:biggrin:4000 hits per month

Bossmanbbq
07-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Jacob, sounds like that cold that has been making its way around has stopped and your door, and well you can't go to work because you would'nt want everyone else to get sick, so you have to go to Texas and pick up your perscription!
Hey it sounded good anyway! Have a great trip and post some pics of that pit when you get it!!!

jacob
07-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Jacob, sounds like that cold that has been making its way around has stopped and your door, and well you can't go to work because you would'nt want everyone else to get sick, so you have to go to Texas and pick up your perscription!
Hey it sounded good anyway! Have a great trip and post some pics of that pit when you get it!!!

Sounds pretty good to me, cough,sniffle,cough. :biggrin:

Norcoredneck
07-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Congrats, Drive careful and bring her home safe and sound.

keale
07-23-2007, 02:15 AM
Congrats Jacob! Please take a lot of pics along the way, and at Mr. Klose's shop!

jacob
07-23-2007, 06:22 AM
Monday has finally arrived. And my pager has just went off. It begins. But I aint' calling nobody till I have my coffee.

jacob
07-23-2007, 01:07 PM
It took me a minute to find where I got moved too. Two things I want to tell you all. First you remember when I said that bank mgr. knew more about the things I would need than I. Found out why this morning. She was a certified BBQ judge for years. Took the schooling and all. Told me exactly how she likes her QUE, talk about no pressure. The second, I just couldn't work knowing the pit was sitting there waiting. Made arrangements at work to leave today. I have to be back at work Wed. morning. So I had my truck serviced and the wife and I are leaving out at 8 pm tonight. Pray for a safe trip please. Oh yeah three things, I got the Loan. She told me this morning it was already approved Friday. Said she was waiting for me to say how much. Ain't that some cool chit. Anyway I will hang out here a while with you all and then got to get ready to hit the road.:-D :-D :-D

Oldbob
07-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Be Safe on the Journey Brother!! And post pics when You get back and all rested!!

backyardchef
07-23-2007, 01:19 PM
PM me the contact info for that bank manager before you leave.....sounds like she's bbq-friendly! :-P

bbqbull
07-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Both of you have a safe trip down and back.
Tell Big Dave that Mike from Eagle, Mi. says hey as well.
Now dont forget pictures as well.
Thoughts and prayers with you both.

Harbormaster
07-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Have a great trip!
Be safe, eat some good Q along the way.
Enjoy your time with the wife!

jacob
07-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Brothers, I wanting to be on the road right this minute. Wife taking a nap.:shock: You got to be kidding me. Theres no way I could fall asleep knowing whats sitting in Houston waiting on me. So here's my plan, I'm going to go in the bedroom and pretend like I'm taking a nap. Then I'll start tossing and turning until it wakes her up. Then I will say something like, Oh baby I'm sorry, I'm just so excited I just can't rest. Going to try to convince her the sooner we get on the road. The sooner we get there and can get some sleep before we head back. I got a surprise I wasn't expecting already. Michelle called from the office and ask me what I wanted put on the plaque for the smoker.:shock: I didn't know there was going to be a plaque. I told her what I would want. them she said it would take three or four days. I replied that I had to Wed. morning to report back to work. I call you back she said. The folks that do the plaque said they could get her done. Will not be able to pick the pit up until 12.30. Plenty of time to get some sleep. I ain't even going to tell y'all what she(wife) suggested we stop and do with every state line we cross. She a freak, but that not a bad thing in this situation. I'm just wanting to get to my pit. You Brothers and Sisters mean a great deal to me in the short time I've been among you. I have been waiting for this for so long, I just don't have the words. Except for the last five hundred or so.:-D :-D :-D :-D

jacob
07-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Fark me it worked. I went back there to see if she was a sleep. She was up getting ready. Only problem is she knew what I done. She didn't get mad though. Said she knew I was excited and we might as well get on the road. Be back soon Brothers.

jacob
07-25-2007, 02:16 AM
Brothers We Have arrived back home safe. Will talk later. Very tired and sleepy. She is beautiful.