View Full Version : Vending/Catering

Kung Fu BBQ
07-13-2007, 01:51 PM
I really have the bug to give this a shot. Nothing right away, I have no capitol to throw down right now to get started.

I don't even know if this is the right place for this, but I'll ask anyways.
What sort of hoops need to be jumped through to vend at events. What are the basic guidelines for health inspection. Do I need to be bonded? Insured?

I worked in food service for a long long time. Anyone in KC may have come across me when I worked the Torres Pizza truck for 2 years. I know physically and mentally what it takes to do the job. It's just the legal and the heartaches I don't know.

07-13-2007, 02:55 PM
depending on the event and community;
Liability Insurance (nuts to go without), Business License, Health Department Inspection. In my part of the world, that means refrigeration below 40 or ice visible over cold meats at all times in cooler, water over 120, 3 sinks, handwash and easily wiped down work area, as well as overhead cover (canopy).

07-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Start with your local health department. Get whatever information they have to give out. While you are there find out when and where you can get your food safety certificate. Pour through the information they give you and then ask any questions that you may have from there. Around here our main guy is very nice to set down with and clarify things or answer questions. They would much rather you ask first rather than just go and do. It also helps develop a relationship with them that is definately not a bad thing.