PDA

View Full Version : Warrensburg, MO July 13-14 (w/Results)

PigBoy
07-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Can't wait for this one! Been catering the last 5 weekends. :roll: Ready for some fun! Should be a bunch of brethren, I'd hope. Who's coming?

HoDeDo
07-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Smoke on Wheels will be there.... And we're trying to infect Jeff (Big Creek), by turning him into a pellethead for the weekend.:twisted: :twisted:

BBQ_Mayor
07-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Good luck to you both and Jeff if he gets on here.
I'll be in Ankeny at the Duck Unlimited cookoff.
I need to make it back down to Missouri and do another contest with you all, had a great time last time.

SloppyQ
07-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Sloppy's will be there and this time I'm bringing the turd burner, gotta venture out and try something different.

Greatgrills
07-08-2007, 08:06 PM
We will be there

Jeff_in_KC
07-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Yeah, Andy and I are working together as one super team. Or stupor team... whichever the case may be. :lol: Andy, I've already had my pellet vaccination so there will be no infecting me with those damned poopers! :wink: :lol:

Rookie'48
07-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Good luck to all the Brethren down there in W-berg. I'll be in Ankeny, also, getting in the way, washing dishes, etc.
Dave
(part time team member: "Q'n 4 Fun")

Plowboy
07-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, Andy and I are working together as one super team. Or stupor team... whichever the case may be. :lol: Andy, I've already had my pellet vaccination so there will be no infecting me with those damned poopers! :wink: :lol:

Is Wayne cooking with you guys?

Can't wait for this one! Been catering the last 5 weekends. :roll: Ready for some fun! Should be a bunch of brethren, I'd hope. Who's coming?

I'm thinking about cooking this one. :wink:

Sounds like a bunch of teams are coming Thursday night and camping. I'm setting up my camper Thursday night and will stay the night out there.

Friday night is a cook's pot luck with a bunch of the teams. Bring a dish over to Boys of BBQ and Patty's camp after the cooks meeting. Randy and I have been asked to do a fish fry like we did at the GAB this year. The turkey fryer will be hot with oil if anyone has something they want fried.

KC_Bobby
07-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Chalk one more up for Ankeny! Bring your earplugs to sleep.

HoDeDo
07-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Is Wayne cooking with you guys?

The Meatheads are cooking this one - they outvoted Wayne, so we couldn't ask him to split the team -- and we didn't want to have to have him face them when we put the smack down :twisted:

Sounds like a bunch of teams are coming Thursday night and camping. I'm setting up my camper Thursday night and will stay the night out there.

Sweet, I will bring mine out Thurs. night too then...

Friday night is a cook's pot luck with a bunch of the teams. Bring a dish over to Boys of BBQ and Patty's camp after the cooks meeting. Randy and I have been asked to do a fish fry like we did at the GAB this year. The turkey fryer will be hot with oil if anyone has something they want fried.

Friday night I'm frying my "southern" creamed corn.
And somebody signed me up for Biscuits and Gravy on Sat. -- But I'm betting Larry and Martha have a spread going as well.

Cheers!!!

SinginBob
07-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Yes, the Meatheads are cooking this one...I think all 5 of us will be there. We couldn't let Wayne defect and cook with Jeff and Andy!

No, we will not have the Margarita machine--we're taking this one seriously!:wink::twisted::mrgreen:

We'll be out there Friday afternoon. C U then!

Plowboy
07-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Cheers!!!

We don't get invited to the Martha and Larry breakfast. What ya gotta do to get an invite?

Bring that Weber, too.

Mooner
07-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Jeff (Bubba and Jeff's BBQ) is cookin this one solo so I think im gonna come out and help him on the trash cans. Singin Bob won't be the same without the Mokan Margarita Machine there to prime him up. :mrgreen:

Plowboy
07-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Jeff (Bubba and Jeff's BBQ) is cookin this one solo so I think im gonna come out and help him on the trash cans. Singin Bob won't be the same without the Mokan Margarita Machine there to prime him up. :mrgreen:

Stop by so Randy and I get to meet you.

HoDeDo
07-10-2007, 03:04 PM
We'll be out there Thurs. night, so when you get there Friday, we'll have a cold beverage waiting for :
You
We will be there
You
Jeff (Bubba and Jeff's BBQ) is cookin this one solo so I think im gonna come out and help him on the trash cans.
You
And even you!!!
Yes, We'll be out there Friday afternoon. C U then!

And if York and some others show up... the more the merrier. Sounds like Warrensburg is going to be a happenin' spot this weekend.

KC_Bobby
07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Sounds like Warrensburg is going to be a happenin' spot this weekend.

No kidding. I spend 4 of my most forgettable years there and instead of going down the road less than 30 minutes ... I'm going 225 miles north.

Although I may be going down to Laurie next month with a non-Brethren team ... maybe I'll meet some of you there.

Mooner
07-10-2007, 03:21 PM

Will do bud! im looking forward to it.

Plowboy
07-10-2007, 06:42 PM
No kidding. I spend 4 of my most forgettable years there and instead of going down the road less than 30 minutes ... I'm going 225 miles north.

Although I may be going down to Laurie next month with a non-Brethren team ... maybe I'll meet some of you there.

If it works out, I hope to be at Laurie... with Randy I hope.

HoDeDo
07-10-2007, 06:55 PM
We'll be at Laurie... so see ya'll there too. That also happens to be my birthday weekend - so we usually party it up. Sometimes we don't show and our evil twins do --

SloppyQ
07-10-2007, 08:43 PM
We'll be at Laurie... so see ya'll there too. That also happens to be my birthday weekend - so we usually party it up. Sometimes we don't show and our evil twins do --

Great!!!! We'll be there too and camped right next to you. That's gonna be some weekend, I'll have to come up with sump'n special for Mr. Andy. Any Ideas?

beam boys bbq
07-10-2007, 10:05 PM
last time i talked to mark i was cooking with great grills o fire this comming weekend

york

Jeff_in_KC
07-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Great!!!! We'll be there too and camped right next to you. That's gonna be some weekend, I'll have to come up with sump'n special for Mr. Andy. Any Ideas?

I would imagine his pink Crocs are getting a little worn and could use replacement. :twisted: :wink:

Greatgrills
07-10-2007, 10:15 PM
last time i talked to mark i was cooking with great grills o fire this comming weekend

york

Still are we need an extra help this weekend

Plowboy
07-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Still are we need an extra help this weekend

york

Mark and Becky - You'll have to pull that Jack sign and replace it with a Jim Beam version for the weekend. :wink:

Greatgrills
07-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Mark and Becky - You'll have to pull that Jack sign and replace it with a Jim Beam version for the weekend. :wink:

dont see that happening...That sign has some meaning to it....long story but it will still be up come rain or shine or maybe deadly heat:twisted:

beam boys bbq
07-10-2007, 10:24 PM
once you go to jim beam black you never go back to jack:icon_shy

Plowboy
07-10-2007, 10:31 PM

I'll take that challenge!!! :tongue:

Look forward to meeting you this weekend, York. Fear the Pig!!

HoDeDo
07-10-2007, 10:36 PM
I would imagine his pink Crocs are getting a little worn and could use replacement. :twisted: :wink:

I have BLACK crocs, and I might just have to wear them all weekend for your benefit.:twisted: Some of us are more secure than others - not that there is anything wrong with pink crocs:tongue:

I think they have some tie-dyed ones that would match the rainbows on your cooker. Maybe we can do some color matching....I have some great pics we could take to the store to use...:cool:

Greatgrills
07-10-2007, 10:39 PM
I have BLACK crocs, and I might just have to wear them all weekend for your benefit.:twisted: Some of us are more secure than others - not that there is anything wrong with pink crocs:tongue:

I think they have some tie-dyed ones that would match the rainbows on your cooker. Maybe we can do some color matching....I have some great pics we could take to the store to use...:cool:

I have pink Crocs.....There is nothing wrong with that...Unless you are making fun of me:mad:

HoDeDo
07-10-2007, 10:55 PM
I have pink Crocs.....There is nothing wrong with that...Unless you are making fun of me:mad:
I'm not making fun of you... My wife and girls both have pink crocs... I think they are great. Jeff has a running joke about Crocs. Just ask him about them this weekend :grin:

Jeff_in_KC
07-10-2007, 11:57 PM

That's no doubt because Beam kills your taste buds so there's no reason to go back to Jack. Why waste good taste buds on those two anyway when you can enjoy Woodford Reserve? :wink:

ChipotlePat
07-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Sweet Chipotle BBQ will be there and I will have extra power it people needs power.

ChipotlePat
07-11-2007, 10:00 PM
I have 1 50 amp and 1 (50 or 30) amp and a lot of 20 amp if you all need some for a RV

Greatgrills
07-11-2007, 10:22 PM
I have 1 50 amp and 1 (50 or 30) amp and a lot of 20 amp if you all need some for a RV

Why do you have/need so much electric???

Rookie'48
07-11-2007, 10:34 PM

When you see his generator, then it will all be clear, trust me.
Dave

Greatgrills
07-11-2007, 10:39 PM
When you see his generator, then it will all be clear, trust me.
Dave

We have seen his generator...

Jeff_in_KC
07-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Yeah, why do you need so much electric? :lol:

KC_Bobby
07-11-2007, 10:55 PM
So how many of you are going to take the 1/2 mile drive east and have a few drinks at Showtime after the company/sponsors leave? :-D

Or should I say :-D :-D

HoDeDo
07-11-2007, 11:03 PM
So how many of you are going to take the 1/2 mile drive east and have a few drinks at Showtime after the company/sponsors leave? :-D

feeding the peelers mod

Plowboy
07-12-2007, 01:25 AM

Is that the new movie theatre?

feeding the peelers mod

Peelers? That's a new one for me.

Electric Smokers aren't legal you know. :biggrin: Seriously, that's a lot of power for one generator. Must have a CAT powering it.

HoDeDo
07-12-2007, 07:45 AM
Is that the new movie theatre?

Peelers? That's a new one for me.

I'm sure Big Creek would be happy to explain when he goes to the new movie theater with you :shock: He's got time since he isnt going to be manning a fire :rolleyes:

[/quote] Electric Smokers aren't legal you know. :biggrin: Seriously, that's a lot of power for one generator. Must have a CAT powering it.[/quote]

It IS a CAT - it's huge.

Jeff_in_KC
07-12-2007, 07:50 AM
Electric Smokers aren't legal you know.

Or ovens. :twisted: :wink:

Last I saw, Showtime was closed for remodeling. I was kinda thinking maybe they could be re-open by now. I'll see when I drive into Warrensburg to pick up my banner.

Mooner
07-12-2007, 09:18 AM

LOL...:lol:

ChipotlePat
07-12-2007, 10:12 AM
I have refrigerators, AC, I just took out the ICE CREAM maker yesterday, since I don’t need it this weekend. When I set up there is not much I can not do. And yes I do have a oven but that is for breakfast in the morning. I have other boxes to put the meat in to as well when it is done. Last year I rented a 25+ kw generator and it was $217 for 8 hours. So when I bought my truck to pull the trailer made it big enough to put on a 37 kw generater Yes it is biger than I need but it has a 80gal tank on it and I can run 6 days on it with my set up. And it uses less gas than the 25 Kw and it was just a little more $$. When you see it you will not forget it. It is a red Internatal with a custom 10 ½ foot bed and 30 foot red trailer.

Plowboy
07-12-2007, 11:10 AM
For anyone going into Warrensburg, check out Alewel's Country Meats, just South of WalMart. The are a sponsor for us. Nice store.

ChipotlePat
07-12-2007, 02:13 PM
[quote=JLast I saw, Showtime was closed for remodeling. I was kinda thinking maybe they could be re-open by now. I'll see when I drive into Warrensburg to pick up my banner.[/quote]

I heard the show at the Fantasy Ranch is a better place to go to.:smile:

KC_Bobby
07-12-2007, 02:51 PM
That moved, it's no longer just up the road a mile.

Jeff@KC
07-12-2007, 04:38 PM
If anyone is cooking on an oven or with gas THIS weekend, there will be no DQ! Just an A@$?! whippin! That's all I got to say about that!!!!

SloppyQ
07-12-2007, 04:52 PM
If anyone is cooking on an oven or with gas THIS weekend, there will be no DQ! Just an A@$?! whippin! That's all I got to say about that!!!!

And cold drinks might be involved. You and Bubba come on by.

spicewine
07-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Good Luck to all of you Brothers who choose to Play Fair!!!:wink:

Spice & The rest of Team Q

Jeff_in_KC
07-12-2007, 05:33 PM

How do you REALLY feel about it, Jeff. :lol:

Greatgrills
07-12-2007, 06:29 PM

I guess that I will unpack our easy bake oven I just picked up today

Bigmista
07-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm cancelling any plans I might have had to go to MO. You guys are too violent.

Jeff_in_KC
07-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Mista, you don't have to worry about Jeff! LOL! He's a hell of a good guy. Just don't cheat! :wink:

Well if the contest is anywhere near as interesting as it's thread, it ought to be a wild weekend!

KC_Bobby
07-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I ran over to look at our local Wicked Good salesman's Backwoods Gator tonight (it might be for sale soon) and he said he'd be there. So if any of you need some WG go see him, his SUV is loaded up.

Jay, how much is your medium?

Jeff_in_KC
07-13-2007, 11:54 AM
I ran over to look at our local Wicked Good salesman's Backwoods Gator tonight (it might be for sale soon) and he said he'd be there. So if any of you need some WG go see him, his SUV is loaded up.

If they still have any of the competition blend, I'm all over that!

Plowboy
07-14-2007, 09:14 PM
41 Teams

GC Bubba & Jeff (Jordan of Bad Boys BBQ cooked with them.)
RGC Four Men and a Pig
3. Pig Newton
4. Set it and Forget IT BBQ (Darrell is a lurker here.)
5. Early Bird BBQ
6. Boys of BBQ and Patty (Craig is a lurker here as well.)
7. Pork Pullin Plowboys
8. Me and Julio Down by the BBQ
9. Fairlane Wood
10. Great Grills O Fire

Chicken
1. Ray J's
2. Set it and Fortget it BBQ
3. Ts Smokin Pit
4. Fairlane Wood
5. D Dons Pit Crew
6. Four Men and a Pig
7. Me & Julio Down by the BBQ
8. Slab Chicks
9. Pig Newton
10. Bare Bones BBQ
(11. Pork Pullin Plowboys - missed 10th by .0004)

Ribs
1. Set it and Forget It
2. Bubba and Jeffs BBQ
3. Four Men and a Pig
4. Boys of BBQ and Patty
5. Smoke on Wheels (Andy - HoDeDo cooked with Jeff_in_KC)
6. D Dons Pit Crew
7. Pork Pullin Plowboys
8. Early Bird BBQ
9. Smokin Buns BBQ
10. Pig Newton

Pork
1. Pig Newton
2. Boys of BBQ & Patty
3. Sweet chipotle BBQ
4. Slab Chicks
5. R Butts R Smokin
6. Bubba and Jeffs BBQ
7. Pork Pullin Plowboys
8. Me & Julio Down by the BBQ
9. Four Men and a Pig
10. Second Line Smoking Crew

Brisket
1. Bubba and Jeffs BBQ
2. Bare Bones BBQ
3. Boys of BBQ & Patty
4. Early Bird BBQ
5. Four Men and a Pig
6. Great Grills O Fire
7. Jeanie's Got Wood
8. Ts Smokin Pit
9. Pig Newton
10. Boys Night Out

Dessert - 19 Dessert Entries
1. Lil Fiddlers (Perfect 180)
2. Bubba and Jeffs BBQ
3. Smokin Rs
4. Bare Bones BBQ
5. Smokin Guns BBQ
6. Pork Pullin Plowboys (Dump Cake - :lol:)
7. Hootchie Cootchie BBQ
8. PCSI
9. Rabbit Gulch Farm Cookers
10. D Dons Pit Crew

Plowboy
07-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Mark and Becky's (GreatGrils) daughters took 1st and 3rd in their Kid's Q divisions, too. Mark was pretty proud to say the least.

Bigmista
07-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Been watching the news for outbreaks of violence in the midwest...

Fredbird
07-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Congrats Bubba and Jeff and Jordan!

Jeff congrats on the brisket score!

KC_Bobby
07-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Congrats all

Doorbusters
07-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Jordan, ready to ditch the trailer and buy a few trash cans???

Congrats, Bubba, Jeff, Andy, Todd, and Mark!( I would congrat Jeffinkc, but I know he was bitchin' about the pellet pooper all weekend)!
Amazes me how much the Brethren have improved and grown more successful over the last few years!

Plowboy
07-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Congrats, ...Todd, ...

And Randy. :wink: It was both Plowboys this weekend.

SIDEBAR: Dustin, I still have your Door Busters drawing. Call me tomorrow.

The_Kapn
07-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the results Todd.

Congrats to all that walked.

TIM

Jeff@KC
07-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the congrats! I was so glad that Bubba was able to be there. JORDAN WAS A HUGE HELP! Also thanks to Wayne and the boys for the PORK MONEY!! HA See you guys next time!!

BBQPrincess
07-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Congrats Jeff and Bubba...you shine again! I am always happy for ya!

BBQ_Mayor
07-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Nice showing brethren.

River City Smokehouse
07-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Jeff, Bub. You guys are AWESOME!!! What a showing! What does this make now, 3 this year? Congratulations is in order.

Solidkick
07-15-2007, 08:52 AM
WTG brothers! A very nice showing!!

Set It and Forget It is part of the old Mizzou Crew team, which has been to the AR before in the past and done very well. It's good to see Darrell back on top of the game. He and I have been partners in crime in practical jokes on some of the other area cookers in the past....he's a great guy and I'm proud to call him my friend....Congrats on your placing!

lazyjacres
07-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Congrats to all that walked...... a great Brethren showing this weekend.

Chick'n Pig BBQ
07-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Congrats everyone!!! Way to go!!!

Plowboy
07-15-2007, 12:30 PM

Set It and Forget It is part of the old Mizzou Crew team, which has been to the AR before in the past and done very well. It's good to see Darrell back on top of the game. He and I have been partners in crime in practical jokes on some of the other area cookers in the past....he's a great guy and I'm proud to call him my friend....Congrats on your placing!

Darrell is one of the nicest guys in BBQ. Have been fortunate get to know him a little. Ed and he are doing well. They are working hard to get Darrell his first GC. Two great cooks to be feared. :wink:

SloppyQ
07-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Congrats to all that got called and to Jeff and Bubba, great job! That won't be a weekend that will be forgotten very soon. Till next time guys and gals. Oh my ac'n head.

beam boys bbq
07-15-2007, 12:58 PM
hats off to everyone great job to all

thanks for mark and beckey for there hosting me in to there team for the weekend

the main thing that i have found out i am doing everything right it has to be the pit the galizined metal it has to be putting off the tiox gas:roll:

so i have an week to get the new pit ready to roll for next weekend so the work starts now :icon_shy

i will be working an lot this week to get ready see ya soon

york

slat
07-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Congrats on the GC Bubba and Jeffs BBQ and to everyone else that walked.

Plowboy
07-15-2007, 01:17 PM
hats off to everyone great job to all

thanks for mark and beckey for there hosting me in to there team for the weekend

the main thing that i have found out i am doing everything right it has to be the pit the galizined metal it has to be putting off the tiox gas:roll:

so i have an week to get the new pit ready to roll for next weekend so the work starts now :icon_shy

i will be working an lot this week to get ready see ya soon

york

York,

Great meeting you. Hopefully we'll see you in Columbia.

bbqbull
07-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Congrats to all the Brethren who walked also. Great feeling isnt it?

Jeff_in_KC
07-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey Lee, what do you mean that will be a weekend that won't be forgotten soon? Honestly, I'm surprised either you or I either one can recall much of anything. Lee brough the Cabo and we participated a LOT in the sharing of that bottle! Trouble with me anyway was that I'd had 5 or 6 beers and FOUR big ol' Hurricanes prior to starting on the Cabo. :shock: Needless to say, Lee and I were both a little green around the gills Saturday morning. Lee, buddy, thanks for bringing the bar stool over for me to do my chicken prep. I never would have made it otherwise. :lol:

I guess I dropped the ball for Kim and Andy on my categories. Can't recall the last time I finished 25th in pork and 25th in chicken. The chicken I understand. Skins turned into postage stamps... about 20 of the 25 I cooked. Never seen that before. But the pork I thought was right there. Oh well. Andy got called for ribs and my extravgant idea for people's choice chicken wings got us a 2nd place call for that! Kinda made up for the other shortcomings. Here's a photo of it... while everyone else brought up wings in an aluminum pan, Andy and I did Huli Huli chicken (Hawaiian BBQ chicken) that I watched some guys do when we were on Kauai in March. We made a complete miniature luau with chicken, bananas and pineapple with butter and muscovado sugar and grilled and banana nut bread.

BBQ_Mayor
07-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Looks great Jeff! Did you serve it on a surf board? Thats a big spred.

tonto1117
07-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Congrat's Jeff and Bubba and all who walked. Great Brethren showing!!!!!!!

Jeff_in_KC
07-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Looks great Jeff! Did you serve it on a surf board? Thats a big spred.

Nope... they had round tables we had to put entries on... but dang, that surf board would have been a cool idea! Tough to find them around here though. :lol:

HoDeDo
07-16-2007, 08:27 AM

Darrell, Mark G., GreatGrills, and heck even a few other I think -- (paint can mod)were talking on Friday night... Darrell is working hard, and it was great to see him get some calls. I met him in Laurie a few years back, and you are right on Kick. He's a great guy.

KC_Bobby
07-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Nope... they had round tables we had to put entries on... but dang, that surf board would have been a cool idea! Tough to find them around here though. :lol:

Ebay, I've been looking for one to hang on my deck.

BBQPrincess
07-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Congratulations to Smoke on Wheels (Andy) for placing in the Ribs category; good to see you get called. Keep it going.

Greatgrills
07-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Congrats Bubba and Jeff:-P

HoDeDo
07-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Congratulations to Smoke on Wheels (Andy) for placing in the Ribs category; good to see you get called. Keep it going.

THANK YOU!!!

Congrats Bubba and Jeff:-P

I second that! You guys are on fire. 3 so far !!! Way to go Bub and Jeff!!!!