PDA

View Full Version : Kick the tires, and light the Fires! Aug 04/2007

Pages : 1 [2]

Thawley
08-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Well, I left early before the awards and winners were announced. But It was nice seeing everyone. And tasting so many wonderful samples... Thanks!

Can someone please post the results?

Countryhb
08-04-2007, 09:05 PM
I would post results, but I'm damn tired! A hundred thousand thanks to the host with the most, C Rocke, his wonderful family, and all the neighbors. The Lemon Sorbet was awesome!! Really hit the spot on a beautiful So Cal day. Congrats on the trophies and a job well done. Oh dang, the Jalp Fattie...mmmmmmm!

It was a pleasure to meet a whole new family and a damn nice bunch of folks. Congrats to everyone and thanks for making my first event a very successful learning experience (especially you, BigMista). I'll see y'all at the next shin dig!

Bentley
08-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Grand Champion-Smell My Butts!
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n90/lwnna/BackYardII038.jpg
Also, 1st in ribs, 2nd in chicken! Rising Star! I told you to watch out for this guy!

RGC-Burnt By The Best

Chicken
1st-Blast Off BBQ Very first contest!
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n90/lwnna/BackYardII030.jpg
2nd-Smell My Butts
3rd-Rancho Rocke

Tri-Tip
1st-The Kettle Guys
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n90/lwnna/BackYardII033.jpg

2nd-4Q
3rd-Burnt By The Best

Ribs
1st-Smell My Butts
2nd-Burnt By The Best
3rd-Single Fin Smoker

Anything Butt
1st-Single Fin Smoker Very first contest!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n90/lwnna/BackYardII027.jpg

2nd-Burnt By the Best
3rd-Rancho Rocke

Writer's Choice

Anything Butt and Tri-tip
Blast Off BBQ

Chicken and Ribs
Smoke You Out Very first contest!
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n90/lwnna/BackYardII022.jpg

Man...did I have a great time! Meet new teams and people, see 1st time competitors taking walks, that is what I think the CBBQA is about, promoting BBQ! The Rocke family, we thank you so much for opening up your home and to your neighbors for being so accomadating! To our truly Outstanding judges, who not only gave their time, but took the time to share comments both written and verbal to the teams, this personaly is greatly appreciated!

I am ready for the next one!

leanza
08-04-2007, 10:09 PM
I would post results, but I'm damn tired! A hundred thousand thanks to the host with the most, C Rocke, his wonderful family, and all the neighbors. The Lemon Sorbet was awesome!! Really hit the spot on a beautiful So Cal day. Congrats on the trophies and a job well done. Oh dang, the Jalp Fattie...mmmmmmm!

It was a pleasure to meet a whole new family and a damn nice bunch of folks. Congrats to everyone and thanks for making my first event a very successful learning experience (especially you, BigMista). I'll see y'all at the next shin dig!

I agree. First, I'm tired. Second...Brothers out there, you could not meet nicer folks than what we have going on here in this fourm, and in So. Cali. We had so much fun spreading the love of BBQ and fellowship. (I'm talking religious). I am deeply impressed by the dedication to cooking and the true brotherhood, in what we love to do, expressed in the family that was present there today (redundant).

The best way to summ up what I was a part of was: Fun. Friends. Professionalism. Hospility.

And some folks will have bragging rights!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pics forthcoming!

Norcoredneck
08-05-2007, 04:41 AM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n90/lwnna/BackYardII027.jpg

Check out Single Fins cute little coin purse.

Grillman40 empty your PM stockpile, tried to send you message but your full.

Puppyboy
08-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Check out Single Fins cute little coin purse.
That's what they call a "murse".

Countryhb
08-05-2007, 09:32 AM
That's what they call a "murse".

That's what they call "taking a walk".

Grillman40
08-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Sorry didnt realize I was full!

I made it up to check it out and it was a great time! Very impressed with the whole setup and hospitality of the Rocke family and neighbors.

Norco...guess I made it up there after it was your beddy bye time.

Congrats to the winners and all that had the nerve to compete :eusa_clap

You may have created a monster in Brian....see that grin on his face?? :shock:

Grillman40
08-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Come to think of it...I'm gonna try Brian's technique.

Equal parts food on the apron as to what actually makes it in the smoker.... next thing ya know your clearing off mantle space for your awards!! :-D :-D :-D

If only Bashie could have been there to see it....

Bigmista
08-05-2007, 04:24 PM
This was a great event and I had a great time. I'll write more ina bit but here is the link to my pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/bigmista/KickTheTires

ThomEmery
08-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Well I tell you Glen has been paying attention
Congrats

Pig Headed
08-05-2007, 07:39 PM
What a nice way to spend a day. Good friends, friendly nieghbors and great food. Congrats to all.

swamprb
08-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Looks like everyone had a good time! I had talked to Kelly in Lincoln City and he said he was going to be Judging at the Rancho Rocke! Nice pics Neil!

Brian

Bigmista
08-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Kick the Tires and Light the Fires was a lot of fun. It was great hanging out with brothers, their families and the CBBQA clan. From the time we arrived, the whole day was filled smoke, meat, laughter and fellowship.

When I arrived, I found out that the spots had been changed and we were situated between the Huntington Beach Boys (Single Fin and CountryHB). Funny how they were asking me bunches of questions and ended up kicking my butt!

I want to send out a couple of thanks. First to Kelly McIntosh our KCBS Rep for bringing some wonderful Apple Smoked Bacon that I used to make some pig candy. Everybody loved it!

Second, I want to thank Leanza for coming out make some awesome Tri-Tip Tacos!

http://lh4.google.com/bigmista/RrY6h5BG8JI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/riXsqVsvsZg/P1000030_640x480.JPG?imgmax=512

I loved it with the spicy tomatillo salsa!

One of the good things about a backyard contest is being able to try out new things. Since I don't usually cook chicken or ribs at a contest I was really flying by the seat of my pants. I decided to get creative. I learned that judges don't care for new ideas like this:

http://lh4.google.com/bigmista/RrY6k5BG8OI/AAAAAAAAAH4/ABbJjVgQ4V4/P1000035_640x480.JPG?imgmax=512

Funny though, how all of my chicken disappeared. Couldn't even find a piece to bring home to MrsMista.

This was definitely a day for Newbies. gstanle, Brian_in_Socal, CountryHB an Single Fin Smoker all did a great job. I'm really proud of them.

I amazed and overwhelmed by CRocke and the Rocke family and their neighbors for allowing us to invade their cul-de-sac. We appreciate their hospitality.

Norcoredneck
08-05-2007, 08:36 PM
I am surprised you made it out alive being stuck between Country and Single Fin. Gotta be on your guard at all times.

leanza
08-05-2007, 08:51 PM
More pics. I'm still learning the Photo Bucket dotse doe sorry about the order and the three parts. I hope this works.

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z293/leanza3/?action=view&current=215bcf93.pbw

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z293/leanza3/?action=view&current=10c657a3.pbw

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z293/leanza3/?action=view&current=bc4763ee.pbw

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :-D :-D :-D

Bentley
08-05-2007, 09:58 PM
That was my Taco in that picture! And yes, they were Outstanding! Neil, I tasted your chicken and about 4 others including my sisters and yours was the best of the ones I tasted. No disrespect to Country, he's a biggen and I do not want to be pummeled, his had excellent smoke flavor and it was very good, I just like the way you did yours! We are judging at the next one!

leanza
08-05-2007, 10:19 PM
That was my Taco in that picture! And yes, they were Outstanding! Neil, I tasted your chicken and about 4 others including my sisters and yours was the best of the ones I tasted. No disrespect to Country, he's a biggen and I do not want to be pummeled, his had excellent smoke flavor and it was very good, I just like the way you did yours! We are judging at the next one!

That taco was drooling off to one side! Pass it along, I make drooling tacos!:-D

Sylvie
08-05-2007, 10:47 PM
More photos of a fantastic event.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soulfusionkitchen/sets/72157601243549198/

Single Fin Smoker
08-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Seriously, I'm a backyard man(you know the type with beer), this whole competition thing is still way the fark over my head. Rules and turn in times create too much confusion in whats left of my dwindling gray matter(this is where Bently helps fin out).

I'm still tired, and my neck got burnt to a crisp. What a blast. Without the help of Bigmista's expert tutilage I would have never been able to take part in this. 2 of the Four Q's provided and excellent education for me. Sylive could teach a class on container presentation. What a learning experience. They are a well oiled machine.

I still can't believe my food was eaten by.......judges. Reading those coment cards was a trip. To me it was no so much a competition as it was a gathering of some nice people making some damn good Q, as well as chance to hang out with my brother Neil.

Big mahalos to cRocke & family, his neighbors, the judges, and the rest of the participants. Special thanks to Country for showin up with his double barrel smoker and making me laugh my ass off.

Lastly, my apple pie is DAMN GOOD!

C Rocke
08-06-2007, 09:52 AM
H.B. man knows his 'Santa Maria'

http://www.ocregister.com/columns/columnist/frank.mickadeit.jpg FRANK MICKADEIT
Register columnist
fmickadeit@ocregister.com (fmickadeit@ocregister.com)

My ongoing and quite remarkable treatise on the art of tri-tip BBQ has drawn the attention of the California BBQ Association and I was asked to help judge one of its events this past weekend in Garden Grove. If there's a higher calling I've never heard it.

This involved months of back-and-forth between me and Chris Rocke, who would be hosting. I also received an e-mail from a Mr. Bentley Meredith, requesting that I declare the judging criteria I intended to use. He also kindly gave me the first of what would be many warnings: You will be judging up to 40 pieces of meat. Do not under any circumstances attempt to eat any one piece in its entirety.

Rocke's home was about as hard to find as a five-alarm fire. The smoke was visible before I even turned down Bartlett Street. As I came to his block, a classic '50s-era neighborhood of single-story ranch-style houses, there ringing the cul-de-sac before me in all its Pleasant Valley beauty were nine BBQ stations, most with more than one BBQ or smoker going. Every stray dog in north county had to be headed our way.

At each station, two or three men (and a few women) were busy stoking the fire, turning or basting meat or, mainly, to be honest, drinking beer. The whole cul-de-sac seemed to be involved even if involved simply meant sitting in a lawn chair, sampling BBQ and drinking beer.

The judges meeting began at 12:30. The other 12 were Certified Judges of the CBBQA and had come from as far as San Francisco. There'd be four categories: Chicken, Tri-tip, Ribs and Anything But meaning anything but the other three. It could be another cut or even a dessert.
We were to rate each piece on a 1-9 scale on three criteria: taste, tenderness/texture and appearance. Appearance is the "Wow!" factor. "If this piece were on a buffet, is it the first one I'd want to eat," is how one judge described his ideal 9. A "1" is a piece that's been disqualified for violating some rule. A "2" is "inedible." I couldn't imagine what that might be.

At 1 p.m., the judges were sequestered at tables in Rocke's garage and the chicken began arriving. Each piece came in its own white Styrofoam container. I opened the first box. A beautiful warm thigh, golden brown with streaks of russet-colored sauce, just waiting for that first bite and Uh-oh. What's that? A hair? A hair!
Now I knew what was meant by "inedible." I gamely plucked the hair from the thigh's perfect skin. Well, it was a small hair, no more than a half-inch long. I put it aside, gave the piece a 3 on appearance and moved on. I now also knew what was meant by "liberal judge."

The chicken went fast. I hewed closely as possible to the admonition: Just one bite per piece or you'll never make it.

One judge, a woman from Encinitas, told me that, as in wine tasting, some judges do not swallow the sample. But she requested, "If you are going to be spitting out, be very discreet." Thanks, ma'am, because throughout the afternoon I'd planned to build a mountain of masticated meat on the table next to me. Sheesh. I only come from Lompoc, not the Pleistocene epoch.

But some of the chicken was so good, I had to have that second bite. Only one time did I succumb. They started bringing us tri-tip a half-hour later and I went through all that no problem. In fact, after 18 samples, I was still hungry. Next came the ribs. I was munching along just fine, writing down my scores with a smile, when on about my fifth rib, I hit the wall.

Bloated. Slightly nauseous. Head not right. Time standing still. Two minutes for each rib to make its way from the table to my mouth. Sloooooooww-motion chewing. Slumped back in my chair. Look down at floor. Large puddle forming under my feet. My God! Am I hallucinating, or have I just soiled myself?

Turns out neither. Someone outside had dumped some water in the wrong place and it was leaking into the garage. Whew. I somehow made it through the rest of the ribs and the Anything But category, which included an amazing peach cobbler a guy had cooked in a Dutch oven over coals.

The meats I judged best overall were smoked by a 35-year-old Huntington Beach man named Brian "Country" Zalewski, a former bouncer who's now a logistics guy for Washington Mutual. It was his first competition. He smoked with oak and used Santa Maria-style seasonings. The 12 real judges? They didn't have him in their top three. They obviously have a lot to learn.

C Rocke
08-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Got back in from Flagstaff late last nite, but wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who made it such a great Saturday!. We loved having everyone over, and further convinces the neighbors that I do bring some legitimate value (And cholesterol) to the neighborhood.

Thanks to the Meredith family for their organizational and legal expertise - But the "brains" of the operation is Mrs. Meredith! She is a fantastice baker, and not bad on a skateboard either!

Thanks to Kelly and all the judges - To have so many certified judges at a backyard comp was a real treat for everyone!

Also, thanks to Frank Mickadeit from the OC Register. He had that deer in the headlights look when he showed up, and a glazed "Christmas full" look as he drove off after his judging stint with us.

I know I've missed someone, but from my family and myself, thanks for another great day!

Bigmista
08-06-2007, 11:29 AM
I think this is the picture of the day!
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z293/leanza3/DSC00462.jpg

This is Bentley's Mom!

Bentley
08-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Uh-oh. What's that? A hair? A hair!
Now I knew what was meant by "inedible." I gamely plucked the hair from the thigh's perfect skin. Well, it was a small hair, no more than a half-inch long.

I would bet my bottem dollar this was from a sauce brush and not a hair!

Just one bite per piece or you'll never make it.

Next came the ribs. I was munching along just fine, writing down my scores with a smile, when on about my fifth rib, I hit the wall.

Bloated. Slightly nauseous. Head not right. Time standing still. Two minutes for each rib to make its way from the table to my mouth. Sloooooooww-motion chewing. Slumped back in my chair. Look down at floor. Large puddle forming under my feet. My God! Am I hallucinating, or have I just soiled myself?

I told this guy he was gonna be a hurting fool! Hell, 24 peices is bad enough for a judge in a real KCBS competition! 40, fugetaboutit!

leanza
08-06-2007, 11:51 AM
I think this is the picture of the day!
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z293/leanza3/DSC00462.jpg

This is Bentley's Mom!

Who do you think rides a scateboard better, Bentley or his mom?:lol: That would be a great poll question.

Single Fin Smoker
08-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Super Woman!

She bakes pies and skates. A woman after my heart.

HB-BBQ
08-06-2007, 02:23 PM
The meats I judged best overall were smoked by a 35-year-old Huntington Beach man named Brian "Country" Zalewski, a former bouncer who's now a logistics guy for Washington Mutual. It was his first competition. He smoked with oak and used Santa Maria-style seasonings. The 12 real judges? They didn't have him in their top three. They obviously have a lot to learn.

Alright Country, your famous now:-D I actually got to sample some of his ribs after he got back home that night and they were tasty.

It looks like I missed one awesome day out there while I was back slaving away at the office. Glad everyone had a great time and some good eats to boot.

Countryhb
08-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Alright Country, your famous now:-D I actually got to sample some of his ribs after he got back home that night and they were tasty.

It looks like I missed one awesome day out there while I was back slaving away at the office. Glad everyone had a great time and some good eats to boot.

I've always been famous, you just didn't know it Rob! You did miss one helluva event!

Schmitty
08-06-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm just a new guy but Chris et al threw a great gig. Thanks to Bentley, Chris, Brian, Dale and everybody else. It was great to taste and to learn.

Bigmista
08-06-2007, 04:31 PM
I gotta tell ya, I had a ball with the Huntington Beach Boys! Between the three of us, I think we could turn the Raiders' offensive line around!

Brian in So Cal
08-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Finally able to come up for air from work WHEW.

Wanted to thank everyone for a wonderful time.

Thanks to to Chris Rocke and family for hosting, Wish I could have talked with you more, Next time.

Thanks to the Judges for all your work with the comment cards. They gave me some direction for the next event.

Thanks to Kristin and mom for making those wonderful prizes. My apple pie was the best I ever had. That was delicious.

Thanks to Bentley for setting this up and of course for being Bentley. This forum would not be the same without him. http://www.cbbqa.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Thanks to Kelly for getting everything handled, including the Judging and turn in stuff.

Thanks to brotheren Leanza for those great tacos. Man those hit the spot. Next time we do a troop feed i will get in touch with you.

Grillman40 Glad you could make it. Of course the Four Q breatheren and sisteren always makes it a good time. Also great to meet singlefin smoker and country HB

Don't mean to exclude anyone, haven't had much sleep since Early Friday morning. Brain kind of running on empty.

My son wanted me to Thank you to. He thought he would be totally board but he had a great time. He even met some very nice skate buddy. Heres a picture. Go Mom.!!!
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/bk26bk/backyard020.jpg

Can't wait for the next one.

Brian in So Cal
08-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Who do you think rides a scateboard better, Bentley or his mom?:lol: That would be a great poll question.

Dang, I need a hat.

Brian in So Cal
08-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Come to think of it...I'm gonna try Brian's technique.

Equal parts food on the apron as to what actually makes it in the smoker.... next thing ya know your clearing off mantle space for your awards!! :-D :-D :-D

If only Bashie could have been there to see it....

What my apron is clean.:wink: I miss bashie.:cry:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/bk26bk/backyard035.jpg

Solidkick
08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Great reports and a very fun thread! Thanks for the pictures....

As a Missouri boy, I don't think I've ever had tri-tip that I can recall, I think I'd like to try that sometime.....that looked exceptional.....maybe I'll try to talk our MoFo master chef Jamey into fixin' one sometime!

leanza
08-06-2007, 09:00 PM
What my apron is clean.:wink: I miss bashie.:cry:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/bk26bk/backyard035.jpg

Bashie, is with you in spirit and avatar. Folks want to know how you placed in the backyard comp. Can you post how you did?

Brian in So Cal
08-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Bashie, is with you in spirit and avatar. Folks want to know how you placed in the backyard comp. Can you post how you did?

The reporter gave me the wine for the best anything But, Which was my Peach cobbler. He also gave me the cuervo for the best tri tip.

The judges gave me first in chicken. I must say I enjoyed that pie. It was the best Apple pie I have ever had.

On another note. The judges gave me 8th in anything but and 6th in Tri tip. Shows the difference between a reporter and the judges.:-D

But I had a blast for my first comp.

leanza
08-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I had some of your chicken and I can see why you were the best. You had alot going on with your cookers and all the folks that were stopping by, so you have to be proud of what you accomplished.

Brian in So Cal
08-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks Leanza

Bentley
08-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Frank said it would be OK to post his results in the Writers choice awards. The way my ribs finished maybe I should'nt! http://www.cbbqa.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/angry.gif Glad Frank is not a judge at most contest! http://www.cbbqa.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Writers Choice

Team # Blind # Contestant Name

Chicken
AP/TA/TE

Smoke You Out BBQ 6 9 8 33.1430
The Kettle Guys 5 8 8 30.2858
Funtime BBQ 8 7 8 29.7142
Smell My Butts 6 7 8 28.5714
Four Q 7 7 7 28.0000
Burnt By The Best 6 6 7 25.1428
Blast Off BBQ 4 5 7 21.7142
Single Fin Smoker 4 5 7 21.7142
Rancho Rocke 4 4 5 17.1428

Tri-Tip

Blast Off BBQ 7 8 8 31.4286
The Kettle Guys 7 8 8 31.4286
Funtime BBQ 5 7 6 25.7144
Rancho Rocke 6 5 5 20.5714
Smoke You Out BBQ 4 5 6 20.5714
Burnt By The Best 4 5 5 19.4286
Four Q 7 4 5 18.8570
Smell My Butts 3 3 3 12.0000
Single Fin Smoker 0 0 0 0.0000 Fin tried to turn in a Prime Rib, so we DQ him! http://www.cbbqa.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Ribs

Smoke You Out BBQ 8 9 8 34.2858
The Kettle Guys 7 8 7 30.2858
Rancho Rocke 8 7 8 29.7142
Four Q 7 7 8 29.1428
Blast Off BBQ 7 5 8 24.5712
Single Fin Smoker 6 5 7 22.8570
Smell My Butts 5 5 7 22.2856
Funtime BBQ 8 4 7 21.7140
Burnt By The Best 5 5 4 18.8572 DAL, that has never happened in any other contest!

Anything Butt

Blast Off BBQ 9 8 8 32.5714
Smell My Butts 7 8 6 29.1430
Rancho Rocke 7 7 8 29.1428
Smoke You Out BBQ 8 7 7 28.5714
Burnt By The Best 7 6 6 24.5714
The Kettle Guys 7 5 6 22.2856
Four Q 7 5 5 21.1428
Funtime BBQ 7 4 6 19.9998
Single Fin Smoker 6 4 5 18.2856

Single Fin Smoker
08-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Frank should stick to judging wet t-shirt contests.

Single Fin Smoker
08-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Heres my pics from this great day of cooking!

Fins Ribs
Fins Chicken
Leanza's tri tip tacos

Fins set up
Bigmista's UDS
Our own Country Bumpkin and his famous double barrel smoker pit

Kettle Guys big fat Kettle

leanza
08-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Fin, you were awesome that day. You should have been GC.

HB-BBQ
08-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Great pics and some nice food pron there Single Fin.

leanza
08-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Fin, Fin, Finn, Finnnn!!!

Norcoredneck
08-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Has the Traeger lost it's Grand Champion status? Bring it over we'll add a firebox so you can make some real Q :mrgreen: .

big brother smoke
08-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Has the Traeger lost it's Grand Champion status? Bring it over we'll add a firebox so you can make some real Q :mrgreen: .

Ummm, Bentley that is some good chit talk there! I am kinda expecting a rebuttal:biggrin:

Bentley
08-08-2007, 11:08 PM

Reserve Grand Champion will have to be the title till the next one, and then I will have the WholeHog and its over!

BTW, where did you place? Ohh, I forgot no Cojonies! LOL

Single Fin Smoker
08-09-2007, 02:38 AM
Oh Norco! I think Bentlys got you by he Cajones. Don't let him get the short and curlies too! Specially since you got a Spicewine, UDS, UH .25 et al....

Norcoredneck
08-09-2007, 06:09 AM
Gathering my comp secrets for a full on assault. :wink: Gonna work on converting the Hummer H.25 from gasoline to Turd burner. That is if I have enough extention cords!

Single Fin Smoker
08-09-2007, 11:18 AM
That thing can run on your flame thrower(which I would have used to cook my anything but).

Countryhb
08-09-2007, 11:20 AM
That thing can run on your flame thrower(which I would have used to cook my anything but).

Wouldn't that have messed up the teriyaki?? :-D

Single Fin Smoker
08-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Another wet-tee shirt judge...

Countryhb
08-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Where do I sign up?? I figure since I can't cook I may as well judge!

Bentley
08-09-2007, 02:46 PM

You usually don't get to compare 1st places against your stuff in competitions. I know my sisters Carrot Cake was good, very good, but I can say with no qualms, I tasted Fin's Anything Butt and it was better!

May I have the recipe please, if you say no I understand compelety, I would not share it either! :twisted: