PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Hill Country in NYC yet?

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
06-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Looks like it could be quite good.
http://www.hillcountryny.com/

Dustaway
06-21-2007, 04:34 PM
It can't be to bad they are serving blue bell ice cream that is a must have if you go trust me on that one :-D

Wish we could get NYC prices in Texas for BBQ :twisted:

Westexbbq
06-21-2007, 08:36 PM
I gotta admit, I had missed that they have Blue Bell!
That is pretty much worth the trip for me;
now, if they could only get some Shiner.........

pigmaker23
06-22-2007, 06:24 AM
Stopped at Hill Country Last Night, All I can say is that Rob Ricther and Big Lou have the pits dialed in and are putting out some AWESOME BBQ!!!

Besides pigging out on the Moist Brisket, Beef Ribs, Pork Ribs and two many sides to mention, Rob brought over shouder clod, hot sausages and center cut pork chops to also test out !!! The place is self service style where you get your meat , sides, desserts and drinks at different stations, all the meat is sold by the pound. Oh yeah, i almost forgot, the peanut butter and jelly cupcakes are "dabomb" , and the pecan pie isnt to shabby either.

I will be planning a Brethren get together in the fall after the compitition season winds down similar to the one we held at Daisy Mays last winter.
Hill Country BBQ is worth the trip into the big apple !!!

Sledneck
06-22-2007, 06:25 AM
I havent been there yet. I used to know somebody who mooches there though

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
06-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Here is a very good review of the place with some great pron.

http://www.pigtrip.net/thoughts-HillCountry.htm

backyardchef
06-22-2007, 08:36 AM
I havent been there yet. I used to know somebody who mooches there though

Anybody I know? :roll:

backyardchef
06-22-2007, 08:37 AM
And, yes, Hill Country is serving up some of the best bbq around right now. Anybody in the area owes it to themselves to get over there.

Sledneck
06-22-2007, 08:40 AM
I went the other day but did not know they werent open for lunch. I was very dissapointed. Really looking forward to it

pigmaker23
06-22-2007, 10:23 AM
they will be open for lunch in two weeks according to Robbie

eatmyque
06-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Hill Country's pretty good.

I tell you with Blue Smoke, RUB and Hill Country all within walking distance of each other, it would make an interesting BBQ crawl. They're all completely different experiences.

backyardchef
06-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Welcome, eatmyque, stop by Cattle Call! and tell us something about yourself.

Where in the Bronx are you? Anywhere near Mo Gridder's?

BBQ_MAFIA
06-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Hill County is only a few blocks away from my office so I will be giving it a try soon.

God I'm Hungry, (again)!

drbbq
06-24-2007, 07:09 AM
I haven't been there but I've talked to two different friends who have and both said it's outstanding.

MilitantSquatter
06-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Rob Ricter and Big Lou brought over a bunch of beef ribs, some black eyed peas and some pepper jack cheese to our cooking area for us to sample at the Big Apple BBQ party. I got to check out the restaurant very briefly during the event, but did not eat there.

We thought they were beef ribs very well cooked with a real nice black pepper seasoning.

A little later we got to talk with Elizabeth Karmel for a while whom I believe is the culinary director/exec. chef at Hill Country responsible for the menu etc. Seemed like they had a real handle on things with a nice variety of sides etc.

I'm looking forward to getting over there again soon.

eatmyque
06-25-2007, 09:04 PM
I was there tonight. Outstanding.

MilitantSquatter
06-25-2007, 09:55 PM
I may be going there on Sat night if things work out... otherwise, I'm gonna try to get down there in the next few weeks.

Looking forward to the Brethren get together in the fall that Eric (pigmaker) mentioned like the one we he coordinated at Daisy Mays this past winter...

Sledneck
06-25-2007, 10:01 PM
I may be going there on Sat night if things work out... otherwise, I'm gonna try to get down there in the next few weeks.

Looking forward to the Brethren get together in the fall that Eric (pigmaker) mentioned like the one we he coordinated at Daisy Mays this past winter...Sounds good. I am in for the fall trip. Eat my que, you in?

eatmyque
06-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Sure thing.

BigBarry
06-26-2007, 08:12 AM

Looking forward to the Brethren get together in the fall that Eric (pigmaker) mentioned like the one we he coordinated at Daisy Mays this past winter...

The BigBarry's will definitely be there. If the event is 1/2 as good as Eric's Daisy May's trip, I will be thrilled.

pigmaker23
06-26-2007, 08:18 AM
i promise that it will be as good a time if not better !! the fact that they can provide COLD BEER with cowgirl servers is big plus just to start !! Note to Willie B : Line somebody up to cook that Sunday NOW!!! :razz:

backyardchef
06-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Hey there, eatmyque...Next time you're heading to Hill Country, let some people know. There are alot of us that are close to enough that we would be able to get a little mini-bash action going. Don't you want to hang out with your brethren? :rolleyes::twisted:

AlabamaGrillBillies
07-13-2007, 08:42 AM

OH the PRON!!! I want to go home from work and cook a brisket right now!!!! Dang that food looked great. Glad the yanks are getting a good taste of real 'que.

eatmyque
07-13-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm going to Hill Country this afternoon. Anybody else around?

barfly
07-13-2007, 11:21 AM
The BigBarry's will definitely be there. If the event is 1/2 as good as Eric's Daisy May's trip, I will be thrilled.
Missed the Daisy May trip, Hope to make this one!

eatmyque
07-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Hill Country was great.

biffleg
07-14-2007, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the link Jim! Sounds worth making the trip to New York just to visit the place :biggrin:

SmokeInDaEye
07-14-2007, 08:27 PM
I have to go in tomorrow so planning on taking the family by for lunch. Been wanting some kreutz sausage for a while...