PDA

View Full Version : Disney BBQ

motoeric
06-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Hi,

Is there any bbq that you would recommend in or around Disney in Florida?

Thanks,

Eric

Sledneck
06-19-2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ftb.htm

I have been to this place the food was not bad, they have these big visible woodburning pits

Sledneck
06-19-2007, 08:00 PM
My favorite disney eats: The Yachtsman Steakhouse

The_Kapn
06-19-2007, 08:07 PM
There is no decent BBQ ON PROPERTY AT DISNEY except for the Turkey legs available at a lot of places. They cook a Zillion turkey legs every year and they are great, if over-priced!

I am sure the Brother's will recommend some places "off property".

Do not pay one nickle for BBQ or anything else on Disney that you can get off-property for a more reasonable price.

TIM

Plowboy
06-19-2007, 08:13 PM
We were at Animal Kingdom today. Saw the turkey legs mentioned by Tim. Looked good. Everything is overpriced. We got by spending only $14 on drinks and food at the park today. For as hot as it was, that was pretty good.

We brought in 3 peanut butter sandwiches for us and the boys. Had a bag full of different snacks for the boys. Brought two large bottles of water in and bought two more small bottles. Basically, all we bought was a Poweraid, two bottle waters, and three ice creams. Spent the whole day at the park.

Sledneck
06-19-2007, 08:16 PM
There is no decent BBQ ON PROPERTY AT DISNEY except for the Turkey legs available at a lot of places. They cook a Zillion turkey legs every year and they are great, if over-priced!

I am sure the Brother's will recommend some places "off property".

Do not pay one nickle for BBQ or anything else on Disney that you can get off-property for a more reasonable price.

TIM

the breakfast at the polynesian is great, the wilderness lodge has good food too

Plowboy
06-19-2007, 08:19 PM
The only thing I get at Disney is the dark chocolate novelty ice cream bar shaped like Mickey Mouse. Can't get that off property.

Here's what QMan sent me.

Blackwater Bar BQ
4713 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, Fl 32806 {407-888-2033]

Blackwater Bar BQ
3405 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32804 [407-447-9511]

website blackwaterbbq.net

When you coming to Disney/Orlando? We are here until the end of June.

JohnMcD348
06-19-2007, 08:26 PM
My wife and I like to goto the BoatsWright INN for breakfast when we are over there. It's the area over in the Port Orleans area. THey have a pretty good breakfast. Other than that, we pretty much eat at whatever fast food type joint we are closest too. Alot of the time we eat lunch at the Starlite over in Tomorrow land. As far as Que goes, there really ain't no real que there. They do have some nice cookers there but like Kapn said, that really for the Turkey legs.

pigmaker23
06-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Heres a few,,

O'Boys BBQ - its in Orlando on Colonial Drive @ Edgewater Rd, has been really good in the past

Bubbalous Bodacious BBQ- also in Orlando. 1200 Alafaya Trail, decent place close to comp Q

Kellers BBQ- Its located in Lake Mary which is 15-20 minutes east of WDW, second generation old time bbq place, ribs are the bomb, this is worth the drive! 407-333-1444 for directions

Have fun with the mouse :lol:

VitaminQ
06-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I saw the thread title and was expecting recipes for grilled mouse and smoked duck.

qman
06-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Subject to correction because it has been a couple of years since I have been there, but the restaurants in the Wilderness Lodge Hotel used to serve real BBQ. They have a seperate smoker building detached from the Motel, in the back service area, with two or three big-arse cookers-Southern Pride, I think but am not sure.

There used to be a real Q restaurant at Downtown disney, WestSide, but they changed the menu there.

There is a Keller's [same family] BBQ in Altamonte Springs, on highway 434, it is closer than the lake Mary unit.
Edit-Kellers address is 280 S Highway 434 suite 1047, phone 407-786-7750

Also, Blackwater Barbecue on South Orange Avenue in downtown Orlando--This is the closest to competition quality you will find in O'town.

Edit- Blackwater's address is 4718 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, Fl Phone is 407-888-2033

motoeric
06-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! It is for my sister and her family who is spending 10 days there next week.

I will pass along the recommendations.

Eric

tntitan
06-25-2007, 08:29 PM
fort wilderness at disney dinner show called hoop dee do and next door call crockets tavern good buffet with ribs

tntitan
07-15-2007, 05:16 PM
went to bubbalous this weekend great q real good place to eat