PDA

View Full Version : Best Of The Best

MrSmoker
06-15-2007, 12:42 PM
I just received an invitation to the Best of the Best and felt honored to be in such good company. However GA is to far for this old Farker. I see some other brothers on the list,who is going make it?

Bigmista
06-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Congrats on the invite old farker!

Oldbob
06-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Yes...Congrats on the Invite You Old Farker !!

Jaybird
06-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Mr. Smoker, we got the invite too. It would be nice to do the Jack (if we get drawn:-D ) and then scoot over to the Best of the Best. It is a long trek for us Arizona brethren.

Bentley
06-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Congrats! We got called in 2003, but it was a long way from Pasadena so we had to pass!

Jay, anyone else from out here we would know?

Plowboy
06-15-2007, 08:05 PM
How does this work? How do you get drawn? Similar to the Jack?

ThomEmery
06-15-2007, 08:07 PM
List on www.azbarbeque.com
I will post the Calif Teams on CBBQA

chad
06-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Invitations are sent to each sanctioning body inviting the top 5 from each "association" - if top 5 can't come it gets handed down.

Rules are merged...ie. no garnish, BIG boxes, select 3 of 5 meats (whole hog, pork, ribs, chicken, or brisket)...blind judging (very much KCBS and FBA style), etc.

Nice prize pot, nice awards, great weekend...especially if you cook the Invitational and the Open like we did (Southern Brethren) when we assisted Nancee and Greg (Purple Turtle Catering).

Oh yeah, you can use wood, charcoal, electric, gas, etc. -- you just have to declare what you are using. Lots of homemade rigs, local churches and civic groups, etc. Also a "show" with many cooker manufactureres...Ole Hickory, Southern Pride, Lang, Tucker, etc. etc. etc.