PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call, Sedalia MO, 6/15-6/16 (With RESULTS)

Solidkick
06-02-2007, 08:47 AM
T and I will be representing the Belly Brothers at this contest. BellyBro and BellyBrotherII will be at another non-sanctioned contest in Hallsville that is near and dear to our hearts, Heritage Days, the contest that got the boys started competing.

This will be out first trip to Sedalia, I hear it is a great contest, and hope we get to set up next to some other Brethren that will be competing there. We may need the help! LOL

Who else is planning on being at this contest?

The_Kapn
06-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Have a great time and good luck Kick!

TIM

MilitantSquatter
06-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Good Luck Mr. Kick !!!

spicewine
06-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Team Q will be there Friday morning around 9:00. First beer around 10:00.:mrgreen:

Bubba
06-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Bubba and Jeff's BBQ will be there with the trash cans. This is one of the best contest that we have cooked look forward to seeing every body.

beam boys bbq
06-02-2007, 11:57 AM
have the whole day off
leaving as soon as i get out of bed

york

Jeff_in_KC
06-02-2007, 07:55 PM
We've been paid up for this one since February! See y'all there! Anyone doing People's Choice? I declined on my application but depending on timing, I might do it this time. I will be there with Taylor early and my priority is the Kid's Q with her before People's Choice.

Solidkick
06-03-2007, 08:09 AM
I declined on the Peoples choice as well after how it threw my prep tiiming off at Fulton.....we're in this one to win it....hell, I've already got my game face on and the contest is 2 weeks away!

SloppyQ
06-03-2007, 08:45 PM
I'll be there. Should show up somewere around 11:00 to 12:00, gotta see the doc before I can leave. Everyone come on by and visit, would sure like to meet Mr. Kick the master of diddling, will have a cold one ready.

Plowboy
06-03-2007, 08:55 PM
We've been paid up for this one since February! See y'all there! Anyone doing People's Choice? I declined on my application but depending on timing, I might do it this time. I will be there with Taylor early and my priority is the Kid's Q with her before People's Choice.

Unless you are local or bus a bunch of your friends in, I wouldn't do People's Choice. Unless its changed, voting is done at your booth. The year we were there, it was all locals getting PC awards... then they never got a call in the REAL contest.

Its all about WHY you do people's choice. If it supports the contest or the community and isn't a load of work... then okay.

beam boys bbq
06-03-2007, 09:44 PM
we are doing people choice for our sponcer only

like plow boy said an local all ways wins it

i am off work that leaving as so as i get up see you all there

york

Jeff_in_KC
06-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Last year, Smokin Roy won the people's choice at Sedalia... they're from Butler/Pleasant Hill but I know what you mean. But they do have a restaurant and know how to cook for the "public".

Greatgrills
06-04-2007, 06:42 AM
We we be there..Doing the people's choice and have 3 in the kids q..A couple years back Four Men and A Pig won people's choice and they are not local.

paydabill
06-04-2007, 07:54 AM
I will be there. I have to drive to KC Thursday night for a ball game. Then I will drive back and get up to drive to Sedalia on Friday. Wife is bringing Hunter up for Kids Q, but he might miss it since it is Friday night acording to Chris. Got my new banner to display!

Look forward to seeing everyone.

MoKanMeathead
06-04-2007, 07:54 AM
We will be there - looking forward to seeing everyone. Team Q - save us a spot. Be there around noon - first beer, same as Spice.

Fredbird
06-04-2007, 03:32 PM
We will be there - looking forward to seeing everyone. Team Q - save us a spot. Be there around noon - first beer, same as Spice.

Shall we setup the MoKan-Q Party Pavilon?:twisted: :biggrin:

MoKanMeathead
06-04-2007, 04:36 PM
I think that would be appropriate.

Jeff_in_KC
06-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Is the 'rita machine making the trip, Wayne? I have 3 or 4 real estate gals showing up Friday night that might be thirsty!

Greatgrills
06-04-2007, 06:21 PM

Heard that the overall people's choice winner gets a free entry to next years contest.

Jeff_in_KC
06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Heard that the overall people's choice winner gets a free entry to next years contest.

So does GC and RGC! :twisted:

Greatgrills
06-04-2007, 08:24 PM
So does GC and RGC! :twisted:

Good luck hope it happens for you...All I know is that the contest is a good contest...We dont mind doing the people's choice they give you all the meat plus a good spot...If you want to do it then do it if not oh well...We have done it each year that we have gone and actually won the contest one year while doing the people's choice(with just the two of us, so one of us always had to be serving the public)...We will also continue to do it because it helps the contest make money..You either can do it or not just depends on how you can manage your time...Dont mean to come down on anyone but saying that only locals win and that you can only do it with help is wrong....Can't wait to see everyone again...And to all good luck:-P

Chick'n Pig BBQ
06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
We will be there Friday Morning!!

Solidkick
06-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Good luck hope it happens for you...All I know is that the contest is a good contest...We dont mind doing the people's choice they give you all the meat plus a good spot...If you want to do it then do it if not oh well...We have done it each year that we have gone and actually won the contest one year while doing the people's choice(with just the two of us, so one of us always had to be serving the public)...We will also continue to do it because it helps the contest make money..You either can do it or not just depends on how you can manage your time...Dont mean to come down on anyone but saying that only locals win and that you can only do it with help is wrong....Can't wait to see everyone again...And to all good luck:-P
Point well made.......I just talked to Chris from the contest and he stated he'd heard there was "smack talk" going on about the people choice.....
Like I stated above, after how it effected how T and I worked together at Fulton doing their People's Choice, we elected not to do it. If it was all 4 of us Belly Brothers cooking it, then I'd say, "Hell Yea!"

Sooooooooo........from this post forward, let's keep our comments about cooking the Peoples Choice to "Yes I am cooking, or No I'm not cooking"
anything else will be edited or deleted.....we owe that to the promoters of the contest........THANKS A BUNCH!!!

Greatgrills
06-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Point well made.......I just talked to Chris from the contest and he stated he'd heard there was "smack talk" going on about the people choice.....
Like I stated above, after how it effected how T and I worked together at Fulton doing their People's Choice, we elected not to do it. If it was all 4 of us Belly Brothers cooking it, then I'd say, "Hell Yea!"

Sooooooooo........from this post forward, let's keep our comments about cooking the Peoples Choice to "Yes I am cooking, or No I'm not cooking"
anything else will be edited or deleted.....we owe that to the promoters of the contest........THANKS A BUNCH!!!

Awesome we will see you there..Mark will be there sometime in the morning with all the kids I can not get off work so I will not be there until later in the evening..Hopefully there will be some cold beer left for me to drink:-P

beam boys bbq
06-05-2007, 09:42 PM
paul got off work for that day and i have the day off we are are going to get as fast as we can

we are doing people choice for our sponcers and to talk q with the people
we had fun with it last year the people next to us were from kc had an great time love the set up there big and open

york

Jeff_in_KC
06-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Awesome we will see you there..Mark will be there sometime in the morning with all the kids I can not get off work so I will not be there until later in the evening..Hopefully there will be some cold beer left for me to drink:-P

Nope Becky... we should have it all gone by the time you get there. :wink:

Jeff_in_KC
06-09-2007, 10:13 PM
paul got off work for that day and i have the day off we are are going to get as fast as we can

we are doing people choice for our sponcers and to talk q with the people
we had fun with it last year the people next to us were from kc had an great time love the set up there big and open

york

One thing about us not doing PC is that we got to set up further back and it was pretty much a 40 foot x 100 foot spot if we wanted! It really is a great location for a contest... electric and water at every site, relatively flat and even a few trees for shade in places. If you haven't cooked it before, there are showers as well.

Chick'n Pig BBQ
06-10-2007, 04:07 PM
One thing about us not doing PC is that we got to set up further back and it was pretty much a 40 foot x 100 foot spot if we wanted! It really is a great location for a contest... electric and water at every site, relatively flat and even a few trees for shade in places. If you haven't cooked it before, there are showers as well.

Sedalia is one of our favorite contest. Jeff is exactly right.

Mooner
06-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Well, since I did so crappy in Raytown I think Im gonna come down as a pit b*tch and cook with Bubba and Jeff. Im excited to see so many Brethren coming out, it's gonna be a heck of a party. Good to meet everyone in Raytown. I love hangin with the brother's. Jay, make sure Team Q has a fatty for me and bring some Sweet Heat!!!!:biggrin:

KC_Bobby
06-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Jordan ... I was thinking of doing the same if I can find a team to host me.

Jeff_in_KC
06-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Sedalia is one of our favorite contest. Jeff is exactly right.

Slammin' Sammy isn't looking forward to seeing my daughter again, is he, Skip? :lol: :lol:

smknwhlswife
06-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Since Andy will be at the LPQ, I thought about coming down and visiting and maybe Judging if they needed any more, but I will have the girls. Good luck everyone!

MoKanMeathead
06-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Kim come on out. If you want Kalyn can cook cook Kids Q as a Meathead!! I think there are two categories and they award prizes in both and overall. Looked like a good kids Q last year.

You and the girls can also help us pass out the Peoples Choice that we may get in since the organizer is asking so nicely.

smknwhlswife
06-11-2007, 11:24 AM
I asked Kaylin if she was interested and got a big YES! What is the schedule? We would be glad to help you out.

Jeff_in_KC
06-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Dang, sorry I missed this offer! LOL! We declined to to people's choice because it's during turn-in time (11:30 am to 1:00 pm). Kim, Kid's Q meeting is 5 or 5:30 pm (Chris wasn't sure) and turn-in is 7pm Friday ... FYI. Tammy will probably get Taylor down around 4pm. I think we're taking Taylor's 6x10 foot wading pool so bring the girls' swim suits.

smknwhlswife
06-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Dang, sorry I missed this offer! LOL! We declined to to people's choice because it's during turn-in time (11:30 am to 1:00 pm). Kim, Kid's Q meeting is 5 or 5:30 pm (Chris wasn't sure) and turn-in is 7pm Friday ... FYI. Tammy will probably get Taylor down around 4pm. I think we're taking Taylor's 6x10 foot wading pool so bring the girls' swim suits.

Thanks for the info. I will bring their suits, they will love it, thanks!

You know I would have helped.....first come first serve.:wink: :-P

SinginBob
06-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Kim,

Wayne doesn't make the calls on the camper...I do.

You and the girls are welcome to Wayne's bunk as long as you don't mind stinky, snoring drunk men in the same camper with you. Oh, wait, you're married to Andy...nevermind!:twisted::eek::twisted:

Wayne, I'll bring the truck tent for extra sleeping space.

smknwhlswife
06-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Kim,

Wayne doesn't make the calls on the camper...I do.

You and the girls are welcome to Wayne's bunk as long as you don't mind stinky, snoring drunk men in the same camper. Oh, wait, you're married to Andy...nevermind!:twisted::eek::twisted:

Wayne, I'll bring the truck tent for extra sleeping space.

I know Bob, I just didn't know when you would be on, figured he would talk to you.

As for sleeping with "stinky, snoring drunk men in the same camper," you do remember that we "house" Bobby and Matt in our camper quite often, and can't forget my husband.:shock: :lol:

Thank you so much for making space for us. What are you guys planning for dinner on Friday? What can I bring?

Jeff_in_KC
06-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Dang it, does anyone else have a wife available for rent this weekend? :lol:

smknwhlswife
06-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Dang it, does anyone else have a wife available for rent this weekend? :lol:

Hey Jeff, you could always put the 6yr olds in charge of handing out food.:lol: :shock: :lol:

Just a thought!

Jeff_in_KC
06-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey Jeff, you could always put the 6yr olds in charge of handing out food.:lol: :shock: :lol:

Just a thought!

In my best Arnold from Happy Days impression...

"You funny lady!"

spicewine
06-11-2007, 04:28 PM
We will be cooking a man short this weekend as my Brother Steve will be at the Indy Race, so no time for peoples choice. Trying to talk Sammy into jumping ship this weekend and cooking with us. I offered him some Playboy Magazines and all the donuts he could eat. No answer as of yet.

Spice

Jeff_in_KC
06-11-2007, 05:08 PM
We will be cooking a man short this weekend as my Brother Steve will be at the Indy Race, so no time for peoples choice. Trying to talk Sammy into jumping ship this weekend and cooking with us. I offered him some Playboy Magazines and all the donuts he could eat. No answer as of yet.

Spice

Yeah but Jay, you gotta promise to buy him a gun if he wins. That seems to be the key. :lol:

Solidkick
06-11-2007, 05:55 PM

Spice
Damn....we missed a chance to possibly cook chicken for the great Team Q.....that would have been fun.....and saved me a bunch of money!

Our granddaugther is not cooking the kids Q as she has started summer school and its just too much of a pain to try to get here there on friday night early.......besides, if she knew there was a pool there, she wouldn't be worth a crap anyway.....:eek:

Greatgrills
06-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Will be there sometime Friday morning..Just got unpacked from this past weekend and getting ready to repack for this weekend...oh what fun:lol:

Jeff_in_KC
06-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Will be there sometime Friday morning..Just got unpacked from this past weekend and getting ready to repack for this weekend...oh what fun:lol:

I'm finally doing that after the GAB... just no desire to mess with it yet! :lol: Until I have to anyway.

HoDeDo
06-11-2007, 08:24 PM

I feel your pain man! It's been like that the last 7 weeks ina row.... and now LP-Que this week and Marshalltown next week ... so I'll have one less day between packing sessions.

Glad to see you guys are putting Kim to work Wayne... don't let her slack :wink:

SloppyQ
06-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Just found out today that we will be short Dave this contest and I told Chris we would do PC, this could get real interesting. BTW does anyone know what the format for PC is I forgot to ask Chris, all I know is it is during turn ins, what do we serve.

MoKanMeathead
06-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Lee,

Chris will give you all the meat you want to cook - chicken, pork, and beef. You cook it and hand it out to the public - or just set it out for them. They vote. Last year he announced the winners in all the 3 categories and the overall winner of PC.

See ya Friday.

Chick'n Pig BBQ
06-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Slammin' Sammy isn't looking forward to seeing my daughter again, is he, Skip? :lol: :lol:

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
You better believe he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Jeff

Chick'n Pig BBQ
06-12-2007, 03:26 PM
I just realized I am a Full Fledged Farker.

paydabill
06-12-2007, 03:31 PM
I beleive in helping the contest out. The times kind of suck, but this is the best way you can get people to come.

Chick'n Pig BBQ
06-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah but Jay, you gotta promise to buy him a gun if he wins. That seems to be the key. :lol:

Spice
The answer would be NO!!!!!
I will Act like I didn't read this post, JAY!
He is my best Buddy and It will cost you more than you win that's for sure!!!

beam boys bbq
06-12-2007, 09:57 PM
The answer would be NO!!!!!
I will Act like I didn't read this post, JAY!
He is my best Buddy and It will cost you more than you win that's for sure!!!

A man and his son cooking together is an beautiful thing:biggrin:

york

Greatgrills
06-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Does anyone know how many teams they have signed up?

Jeff_in_KC
06-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Does anyone know how many teams they have signed up?

Nope not me... I emailed Chris and asked if he had a list of teams but I got no reply. That was about 2 days ago. I'm guessing about the same as last year. So far, all I know is us, you, Bubba and Jeff, Team Q, the Meatheads, SloppyQ, Belly Brother, Chick'n Pig and Lit and Loaded. A couple posted on another forum... "Get Outta My Pit" and "Phat Jacks". That's all I know. Oh I think also River City Smokehouse. Other than that... who knows?

Freda
06-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I talked to Chris yesterday and he said 48 and expecting a few to show up unannounced. He said he had 1 judge/team so far.

Freda

Jeff_in_KC
06-14-2007, 07:22 PM
I talked to Chris yesterday and he said 48 and expecting a few to show up unannounced. He said he had 1 judge/team so far.

Freda

Cool! The Redneck BBQ will be there too then? :wink: Well if he has 48 teams and expecting a few more, that'll make a great contest! You didn't happen to ask how many of those are CBJs did you? I believe they had a CBJ class in Sedalia earlier this year so I'm hoping most are.

SloppyQ
06-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Just got back from taking travel trailer to Sedalia. Chris was on site and said he had 40 teams for sure and was expecting some unanounced, he was wondering if I knew of any that were showing up that he didn't have on his list. He said he had 46 last year and that of the 40 he knew of 14 were newcomers. I'm parked on the front row by pole 54 (Rockwood trailer) those that get there early set up by me so I'll have good neighbors, I'll share my shade tree. See everyone there.

Jeff_in_KC
06-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Just got back from taking travel trailer to Sedalia. Chris was on site and said he had 40 teams for sure and was expecting some unanounced, he was wondering if I knew of any that were showing up that he didn't have on his list. He said he had 46 last year and that of the 40 he knew of 14 were newcomers. I'm parked on the front row by pole 54 (Rockwood trailer) those that get there early set up by me so I'll have good neighbors, I'll share my shade tree. See everyone there.

Lee I'll be there around 8:30 or 9 am. But I think he wants People's Choice teams on the front row. I think we're gonna shoot for the tree we had last year.

Did you happen to notice if it was muddy out there from all the rain Sedalia got last weekend?

SloppyQ
06-15-2007, 06:16 AM
No mud, conditions are good. You can set up behind the front row and everyone will still be together.

Solidkick
06-15-2007, 06:27 AM
Our intent is to be there around 10AM.......I actually feel kind of lonesome without John and Darrel going with us.....we'll do what we do and turn it in and hope for the best.....
good luck John and Darrel at Heritage Days....maybe we'll both bring home some money this weekend!

Bellybro
06-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Good luck to all you guys this weekend!

We all had a tear in our eyes when Kick and T were out last night loading things up.

Mooner
06-15-2007, 03:03 PM
On my way boys!!!!! Break out the beer and fatties!!! :twisted: Ok, I'll bring my own beer...:rolleyes:

spicewine
06-16-2007, 07:02 PM
THIS WAS A VIRTUAL BRETHREN WALK FEST!!! WOW WHAT A SHOWING FOR THE BRETHREN!! Just got home and don't have the scores with me. details to follow.

Congrats GREAT GRILLS for the GRAND CHAMP THIS WEEKEND!

Spice

KC_Bobby
06-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Congrats Mark and Becky ... and everyone else who got the walk.

I knew I should have came down for some lessons. Next time I'm told that I should go to an event for fun, beers, meet more brethren and to learn ... I think I'll take the offer up.

Plowboy
06-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Mark and Becky, it never gets old... CONGRATS!!!

Jeff_in_KC
06-16-2007, 09:52 PM
I'll help you out, Jay... I've got nothing else to do but take a hot shower, drink some tea and go to bed in the A/C! :lol:

CHICKEN:
1. Great Grills O' Fire
2. Night Owl BBQ
3. Chick'n Pig
4. QSS Smokin
5. Road Kill Redeemers
6. Young Pelletheads
7. Extreme Pork
8. Cook N Que
9. Come n Get It
10. Belly Brothers

RIBS:
1. Great Grills O' Fire
2. Set It and Forget It
3. Extreme Pork
4. Team Q
5. Get Outta My Pit
6. Gandy Q
7. Cook N Q
8. Big Creek BBQ
9. Smokin Roys
10. MoKan Meatheads

PORK:
1. Team Q
2. QSS Smokin
3. Great Grills O' Fire
4. Big Creek BBQ
5. Road Kill Redeemers
6. PETA
7. Extreme Pork
8. Come N Get It
9. Set It and Forget It
10. Bubba and Jeff's BBQ

BRISKET:
1. Set It and Forget It
2. Sedalia Masterbasters
3. Team Q
4. Great Grills O' Fire
5. PETA
6. Big Creek BBQ
7. Getting Sauced
8. Chick'n Pig
9. Smokin Roys
10. Smokin O BBQ

OVERALL:
10. Smokin O BBQ
9. Night Owl BBQ
8. PETA
7. Chick'n Pig
6. Big Creek BBQ
5. QSS Smokin
4. Extreme Pork
3. Set It and Forget It
Reserve: Team Q
Grand: Great Grills O' Fire

People's Choice Champion: Great Grills O' Fire

Kids Q 5-11:

HAMBURGER:
1. Taylor Stith (Big Creek BBQ)
2. Anna Loech
3. Dalton Spurgeon (Bubba and Jeff's BBQ)
4. Kaylin Groneman (HoDeDo/Smoke on Wheels)
5. Bethany Hardway

SAUSAGE:
1. Anna Loech
2. Kaylin Groneman (HoDeDo/Smoke on Wheels)
3. Harley Hardaway
4. Bethany Hardaway
5. Dalton Spurgeon (Bubba and Jeff's BBQ)

OVERALL:
5. Bethany hardaway
4. Kaylin Groneman (HoDeDo/Smoke on Wheels)
3. Dalton Spurgeon (Bubba and Jeff's BBQ)
Reserve: Anna Loech
Grand: Taylor Stith (Big Creek BBQ)

I was so proud!!! I thought I was hiding it but when I came back from taking pictures, Wayne says "Hey Jeff, need a hanky?" :lol:

Not having anyone in the 11-15 year group, I didn't get a copy of winners but Great Grills' kids were called there too.

Congrats to everyone! What a great day for the Brethren!

Meat Burner
06-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Congrats to everyone who walked...especially the brethren!!! Really cool!

SloppyQ
06-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Congrats go out to Great Grills and Team Q plus the other brethren that walked. I got my ars handed to me on this one but all in all it was a great weekend, good weather and great friends and lots of margaritas what else could you ask for. At least I got beat by the brothers and not some unknowns. Will strive to do better next time. Must mow now yuk.

MrSmoker
06-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Congrats to all the Brothers that walked and the Brothers Kids Too.

Solidkick
06-17-2007, 09:05 AM
I just love it when the kids, especially our Brethren kids, get to compete and take that championship walk. Congrats to the Great Grills kids and Taylor, Kaylin and Dalton.

Also, congrats to Slammin Sammy, who has moved up to cooking chicken with us old folk on his 3rd place in chicken. The boy has got his MoJo working! :)

I expected better results from the Belly Brothers going into this contest, but got slapped back to reality pretty quickly....you don't buy a new pit, cook on it one time, go to a contest to compete and expect it to cook just exactly like the one that you been using for 3 years....it just don't work that a way....a cook has to know what his cooker will do, and I failed us in that respect. We were 17th overall out of 38 teams, and I'll take it. We were 10th in chicken, 14th in pork, 21st in ribs, and 29th in brisket. The brisket was probably the worst I have ever cooked in my life, in fact, I debated even turning it in....it was one of those "chew it but can't swallow it" experiences....and then we didn't get below a 7 on anything....in fact one judge gave us a 9-8-9......Teresa says, "What? that judge is smokin' crack!" We've laughed about that so much! If anyone would care to defend the judge, the rest of the brisket is in a black plactic bag at the cook site, feel free to help yourself!!

A great weekend for the Brethren teams! Lots of walks and lots of camaraderie. I'm just sorry I didn't get around to see everyone!
We had a great time with our BBQ family!

MilitantSquatter
06-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Solid results everyone....Congrats !

Get em next time Kick !!!

HoDeDo
06-17-2007, 09:40 AM
A big Thanks to the Meatheads for hosting a serogate wife and kids in Sedalia. Sounds like you all had a great time. Wayne, Kaylin told me you helped her alot, and she thanks you again.

Great walks by everyone. We got are arses handed to us in all but brisket this weekend. So I feel your pain Kick!!! The CTO was interesting for us to cook on.

Kaylin and Lauren had a blast, - your pool was a winner Jeff!!!

Thanks again to everyone who helped Kim and the Girls feel at home, when I was 5 hrs away at the LP Que.!!!

slat
06-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Congrats to everyone that walked. Looks like it was a great weekend for Brethren teams all around.

Chick'n Pig BBQ
06-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Congrats everyone !!!!!!!! We had a great time.

parrothead
06-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Nice showing!

beam boys bbq
06-17-2007, 12:10 PM
i just don't get it any more got 38 this weekend

did people choice my brisket had two people come up and said can you cook for our company event
the best brisket i have ever had and took business cards

one judge gave me an 7-3-3 and the rest were lower than 6-6-6

i just don't get it any more

york

MilitantSquatter
06-17-2007, 12:20 PM
i just don't get it any more got 38 this weekend

did people choice my brisket had two people come up and said can you cook for our company event
the best brisket i have ever had and took business cards

one judge gave me an 7-3-3 and the rest were lower than 6-6-6

i just don't get it any more

york

Too bad York... Based on what you're telling us and from past contest results, it seems like your going to need to go back to the drawing board and start trying some new things and re-examine the equipment you cook on, the rubs/sauces you use, the time you cook for etc.

Jeff_in_KC
06-17-2007, 12:35 PM
I saw that, York. I was pretty shocked to see it too. Is there anything you can tell by your scores... meaning the individual scores? Are you strong in appearance, taste or tenderness? DAL sucks arse bro! I know you're better than that. Not that I'm worth a crap but If you need any help, I'll be glad to assist however I can.

Fredbird
06-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Congrats to Great Grills!!!:-D

We had a blast seeing all the Brethren teams. Getting our name called a few times was icing on the cake!:biggrin:

Jeff_in_KC
06-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Congrats everyone !!!!!!!! We had a great time.

That does it! I'm cutting the sleeves off ALL the t-shirts I wear at contests. :lol:

Fredbird
06-17-2007, 12:39 PM
That does it! I'm cutting the sleeves off ALL the t-shirts UI wear at contests. :lol:

The secrets out!:wink:

big daddy Q
06-17-2007, 01:05 PM
The secrets out!:wink:

i've said it all along.............. i've never won a grand or reserve without a red spicewine shirt on!!............... mine are bigger than yours and have sleeves:lol:

congradulations guys !

Plowboy
06-17-2007, 03:44 PM
That does it! I'm cutting the sleeves off ALL the t-shirts I wear at contests. :lol:

<Larry the Cable Guy MOD>

Jeff@KC
06-17-2007, 05:21 PM
159.9998! That's all I have to say about that...Ha

Jeff_in_KC
06-17-2007, 05:52 PM
You're a 159 Brisket cooking MACHINE, my friend! LOL!

beam boys bbq
06-17-2007, 06:05 PM
way to go team Q and great grill of fire

glad to see ya all again see ya in glasgow

york

Dale P
06-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Congrats to a fine showing!

PigBoy
06-17-2007, 07:26 PM
congrats to all the Brethren that walked, especially Great Grills and Team Q! You guys are rockin'.

Mooner
06-17-2007, 11:09 PM
159.9998! That's all I have to say about that...Ha

At least you didn't have to strip down to your undies and run around the fairgrounds!!! :eek: That .0002 saved your arse bud...ha

The_Kapn
06-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Great show by all the Brethren teams.

Proud of y'all!

TIM

BBQ_Mayor
06-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Way to go Jeff! And your daughter takes grand in the kids Q. Nice work. your bringing them up right.

lazyjacres
06-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Way to go all....... Looks like a great Brethren weekend. We may have to try this one next year.

Bellybro
06-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Congratulations evryone! Nice showing!!!

Jorge
06-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Jeff, how much smack is your daughter running at you?:razz:

congrats to all!

Arlin_MacRae
06-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Awesome, brothers. Congrats!

Jeff_in_KC
06-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Jeff, how much smack is your daughter running at you?:razz:

congrats to all!

None really. But damn, I'm jealous of that trophy! Nicer than anything we've won! :lol: I'll try to get the photo posted here tonight when I'm home.

Roo-B-Q'N
06-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Mark & Becky Congrats! And congrats to all the other brothers that walked. Great showing everybody.

paydabill
06-19-2007, 07:59 AM
Congrats guys! I was happy to meet up wit ha bunch of you!

Man what a hot contest. I had troubles all weekend. My brisket for the People's Choice was 10 times better than the one I turned in. My pork was over cooked. But I had a great time.

Stick with it York. I have been there, and probably going back if I don't start payign attention.