PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Canopy Tops - Question

swamprb
06-01-2007, 10:57 PM
I picked up a used Caravan 10 x 10 peaked roof pop-up and the original top got trashed in a storm and they replaced the top with an EZ-Up top whose frame did not survive the storm! ( See where I'm going with this? ) I got it since I already have a Caravan from Costco. I'd eventually like to replace the top so they both match. I've read some posts from some of you guys have lost canopies in storms at comps, has anyone had to replace theirs, or do you just get a new one? I called Caravan and the replacement was more than what I paid for the whole thing new at Costco! Any leads?

ElCheapoBrian

billm
06-02-2007, 07:57 AM
I picked up a used Caravan 10 x 10 peaked roof pop-up and the original top got trashed in a storm and they replaced the top with an EZ-Up top whose frame did not survive the storm! ( See where I'm going with this? ) I got it since I already have a Caravan from Costco. I'd eventually like to replace the top so they both match. I've read some posts from some of you guys have lost canopies in storms at comps, has anyone had to replace theirs, or do you just get a new one? I called Caravan and the replacement was more than what I paid for the whole thing new at Costco! Any leads?

ElCheapoBrian
yes new caravan tops are expensive...but they do sell refurbished ones for 75 bucks..i just ordered one on the other day

swamprb
06-02-2007, 08:06 AM
have you received it yet? They said it comes with a 90day guarantee and they were Costco returns, that didn't make me feel very comfortable, I haven't taken it out of the bag! Let me know, I just may go that route.
Brian

FatDad
06-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Check with these people.

http://www.elitedeals.com/incapade.html

billm
06-02-2007, 06:39 PM
have you received it yet? They said it comes with a 90day guarantee and they were Costco returns, that didn't make me feel very comfortable, I haven't taken it out of the bag! Let me know, I just may go that route.
Brian

not yet ..will let you know..

swamprb
06-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Check with these people.

http://www.elitedeals.com/incapade.html

The AlumaShade II is $189 with 4 walls and wheeled bag at Co$tco
about the same or less than what most places want for the replacement top.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose,
Goodtime Brian's got the blues!

billm
06-05-2007, 05:16 AM
got my refurbished canopy top from Caravan yesterday..looks brand new..and since i have an older Caravan (about 5 years old) its actually better than the top that came with it..500 denier instead of 250
75 bucks..sure beat having to buy whole new canopy

swamprb
06-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Thanks billm! I'll be giving them a call. Might as well use it until I get my pit shelter built.

ElCheapoBrian

billm
06-05-2007, 07:29 AM
im going to look around and see if there is somwhere i can get my old top sewn back up and use as a spare as well
in the meantime I needed a fast replacement as elk grove is only a week & 1/2 away

tony76248
06-05-2007, 10:28 AM
I have talked to folks who have had their sides sewn because the zippers always pop. Might be a good idea, any thoughts or experience here regarding this?