PDA

View Full Version : Wetsu? Texas Team

Plowboy
05-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Any of you South Texas guys know Wetsu? They are going to be next to us at the Great American this weekend. Sponsored by Tito's Vodka and the have a LOUD karaoke set up. :rolleyes: Going to be a wild weekend. Bunch of good ol' boys for sure. From around Wako, Austin, etc.

DeanC
05-24-2007, 11:51 PM
"Phat Boys" are on the other side of you (and next to us). You heard of them? Never heard of Wetsu. According to the site our right hand side isn't taken.

Plowboy
05-24-2007, 11:51 PM
"Phat Boys" are on the other side of you (and next to us). You heard of them? Never heard of Wetsu. According to the site our right hand side isn't taken.

Nope. They were set up tonight, though. The spaces are huge!

DeanC
05-24-2007, 11:55 PM
The spaces are huge!

Thats what I like to hear. Me being a non-RV kind of person I like to squeeze all the crap that I can into my site. I have 150ft of extension cord, hope that is enough.

Plowboy
05-24-2007, 11:56 PM
Thats what I like to hear. Me being a non-RV kind of person I like to squeeze all the crap that I can into my site. I have 150ft of extension cord, hope that is enough.

You'll have power dropped right in your site. I think the cost of that adapter may be going up as we speak. :twisted:

DeanC
05-25-2007, 12:02 AM
You'll have power dropped right in your site. I think the cost of that adapter may be going up as we speak. :twisted:

Inflation, it's the American way. If the adapter costs more than the diesel I used to get to 435 and Parallell, I will use my generator. Apparently you won't hear it because of the big azz party just west of ya. They were nice enough to put Jerry King and Smokin Triggers behind us, like I needed to be reminded the quality of teams that were entered.

Plowboy
05-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Inflation, it's the American way. If the adapter costs more than the diesel I used to get to 435 and Parallell, I will use my generator. Apparently you won't hear it because of the big azz party just west of ya. They were nice enough to put Jerry King and Smokin Triggers behind us, like I needed to be reminded the quality of teams that were entered.

Shoot, we've got Pellet Envy, Cool Smoke, and Checkered Pig behind us. Habitual Smokers are across the way. I can't even count how many GC's those teams have. You and I have "Winner's Row" behind us. We're in the alley. :icon_sad

DeanC
05-25-2007, 12:18 AM
I was trying to ignore the rest of them, thanks. lol.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
05-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Any of you South Texas guys know Wetsu? They are going to be next to us at the Great American this weekend. Sponsored by Tito's Vodka and the have a LOUD karaoke set up. :rolleyes: Going to be a wild weekend. Bunch of good ol' boys for sure. From around Wako, Austin, etc.

Do a google search "wetsu bbq" and you will get several hits. One of them has a picture of the team at a fund raiser.

Wetsu seems to be a business in Austin and they either sponsor the team or the team is made up of employees from there. I couldn't tell for sure.

DeezQ
05-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Yes, I cooked with them in Rowlett Texas back in November. Great bunch of guys and they have a good time. I spent most of the night up with the one that is a Chiropractor by our fire. I can't remember there name's though. WETSU.( We Eat The *hit Up)

Plowboy
05-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Yes, I cooked with them in Rowlett Texas back in November. Great bunch of guys and they have a good time. I spent most of the night up with the one that is a Chiropractor by our fire. I can't remember there name's though. WETSU.( We Eat The *hit Up)

Funny! They are a friendly bunch of guys. It is going to be a good time!

DeezQ
05-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Tell them the group across from them with the fire pit said "Hi". Good Luck this weekend. We will be competing as well in Tx.