PDA

View Full Version : Yardley BBQ on the Farm -Results !!!

Sledneck
05-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Sawdust's nephew Kyle won reserve grand champion in the backyard cooking event today. congrats to him!

Pig Headed
05-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Congrats Kyle. Showing the adults how it's done huh?

BBQ_MAFIA
05-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Congrats Kyle. Way to go.

Oldbob
05-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Congrats Kyle!! Way to Go !!

Lakeside Smoker
05-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Congrats Kyle.
Any full results yet?

Pig Headed
05-20-2007, 04:12 PM
No results, but here are some pics:

Top Left: Guy & Kyle of 2 Fat Polacks
Top Right: Kirk on the right with back turned.
Bottom Left:Michelle & Tom of Lo' N Slo' BBQ
Bottom Right: Vinny & Sean of Bad Bones BBQ.

Pig Headed
05-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Here are some more pics:

Top: Battlewagon
Center: Lunchlady
Bottom Left: Rich and crew
Bottom Right: Fat Angel (Lost Nations main competition).

butt head
05-20-2007, 06:17 PM
congrats to vinny 3rd overall, nice to finaly meet a brethren

ique
05-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Alright Vinny! Who has the full results?

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ
05-20-2007, 07:37 PM
grand Midnite Smokers
reserve The BBQ Guru

3 Bad Bones BBQ Crew
4 3eyz BBQ
5 The Big Name in Smoking
6 Smokey T's Pit Crew
7 The Purple Turtle
8 Jumping Dog BBQ
9 Widespread Pork
10 Pig Pen BBQ

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ 3rd place dessert

Sledneck
05-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Huge congratulations to vinny!!!! I definately see a GC for you this season

Pig Headed
05-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Congrats Vinny! Boy, just think what might have been if you knew how to cook brisket.:wink: :twisted:

Westexbbq
05-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Great news!
I had to leave today before the awards ceremony but being a judge for the dessert category Saturday night and the KCBS earlier today was a real treat.
Way to go Vinny and Sean!! and nice going Purple Turtle folks, Nancee etal!!.
Lo' N Slo in dessert to boot! (there were some amazing looking turn-ins, some were works of art and needless to say, tasted real good too.)
I tried to get around yesterday to say hi to most the brethren folks, missed a couple, sorry, but you should have seen the grin on young Kyle when he and his folks were coming back after his award!-good genes and mentors as well.
Great folks all around.
Congratulations to all.

Pig Headed
05-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Sorry to not mention Jason3Eyz,Nancee, & Lo'-N-Slo'. Congrats to all.

Jason - 3 Eyz
05-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the mention Ron... Nice final tune-up for us before heading west next weekend. Congrats to all that got calls!!!!

MilitantSquatter
05-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks everyone !!!!!!!..

Sean and I are really excited with the results.. We were very pleased with our product overall but did not expect the following out of a pool of just under 50 teams.

3rd Overall !!!!!! :-D

4th - Chicken
5th - Brisket
10th Ribs
17th - Pork
6th - Dessert

it was great seeing familiar faces and meeting some new ones. I apologize to any Brethen (like 3 Eyz) that I did not meet (but think I know who you guys are)..

Very cold and windy but the Spicebox worked it's magic....

4 hr ride home that should have taken 2 hrs due to 4 car pile up has left me too tired to post pics of my turn in boxes.

BBQ_MAFIA
05-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Congrats Vinny on a job well done and to all the rest of you guys!

pigmaker23
05-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Vinny, GREAT JOB !!!

SmokeInDaEye
05-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Congrats Vinny. You obviously didn't miss having me around!:biggrin:

Plowboy
05-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Nice job all!

BBQchef33
05-20-2007, 11:17 PM
farkin awesome way to start out a season. Congrats guys!!

Q Haven
05-21-2007, 06:06 AM
Way to go Vinny, congrats on 3rd and the calls!

lunchlady
05-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Excellent showing Vinny - Congrats to you and yer team. Tough field!

It was awesome to hear (and loudly cheer for) all the Brethren teams as they got called up to the stage.

Kudo's to Kyle too in the Backyard - SWEET!!

I wish I could have actually LEFT my site to go and chat with everyone! Hey, there's plenty more a comin'.

This was a really great event, even with the rain and wind. Tom and Smoken' Dudes did a wonderful job and the MABA breakfast got me through an otherwise crazy Sunday.

I guess I'll see y'all next time!

Kirk
05-21-2007, 08:12 AM
I wish I could have actually LEFT my site to go and chat with everyone!
Tough to do when there's only 2 of you doing all the work. We were able to sneak away for a few minutes to say howdy to all the Brethren we could find but we couldn't hang too long with anyone either. I think we did pretty good but we didn't get to stop in at the Lo n Slo camp, hopefully next time. It was really good to hang out with y'all for the weekend and we're really looking forward to doing it all again in New Holland.
Anyway, congrats Vinny on the 3rd place and to all the rest of the Brethren who were there. Next time we gotta send someone over to the Midnight Smoker's camp on Satuday night with a bottle of some intoxicating (read: "incapacitating") beverage so that the rest of us will have a chance come Sunday. Maybe Rich Decker would be up to it? :-D
Speaking of Rich, I don't think we could've set up next to a nicer (or louder :wink: ) crew. What a great time we had. Thanks to Rich, Guy, Vinny, the Michelles and everyone else who made our first KCBS event a real blast!

Jason - 3 Eyz
05-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Vinny - I think we may have met awhile back (last year Salisbury) over a few drinks at Rich's tent (surprise, surprise). I seem to remember chatting with you at some point. Either way, congrats on a great finish!

Jason

Kirk
05-21-2007, 11:07 AM
grand Midnite Smokers
reserve The BBQ Guru

3 Bad Bones BBQ Crew
4 3eyz BBQ
6 Smokey T's Pit Crew
7 The Purple Turtle
8 Jumping Dog BBQ
9 Widespread Pork
10 Pig Pen BBQ

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ 3rd place dessert

Is the complete list posted anywhere yet? You have to go down the listing just a little farther to find us. :-D

YankeeBBQ
05-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Is the complete list posted anywhere yet? You have to go down the listing just a little farther to find us. :-D

Do you have the results ? How about posting the top 5 or 10 in each category ?

Kirk
05-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Do you have the results ? How about posting the top 5 or 10 in each category ?
My teammate took them home with him and I don't have access to them right now. That's why I was wondering if they were available anywhere online yet, I'd like to post the full results here. I love seeing the Brethren names in bold. :wink:

backyardchef
05-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Congrats folks! Sounds like a good time was had by all....

Solidkick
05-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey Vinny! WTG! Need any more pointers for the Spicewine??:twisted: :cool:

Porky
05-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Vinny, nice job and congrats to all.

Les

Porkmeister
05-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Congrats to all the teams that got the calls. Sorry I didn't get to walk around and talk to anyone. My team had some problems this week-end and it ended up being me. I did have a few friends stop by and help out.

I was right in back of Midnight Smokers blocking the wind all week-end. Don't worry, I was watching them do their magic. Thanks to all the folks that gave me a hand this week-end. Hey, I didn't score real well but we all ate good.

Mike

smangold
05-21-2007, 04:03 PM
We (Pig Tippin') got killed in the main categories this year. I still don't know what happened. I thought our ribs were a top-ten and that our chicken and pork would finish respectably. Our brisket (which I thought was our worst meat) finished best, which isn't saying much.

Our team ended up on 46th out of 47. It was an incredible disappointment and step backwards. I really don't know what to say...I guess it's back to the drawing board.

With that being said, we did finish 3rd in the Iron Chef and 4th in the dessert. I really shouldn't complain too much :icon_shy I just which we scored better in the main categories.

Sorry I didn't get to meet anybody this weekend, I was too busy. I do believe that my teammate (ruger1v) met Kirk though.

The_Kapn
05-21-2007, 04:09 PM
We (Pig Tippin') got killed in the main categories this year. I still don't know what happened. I thought our ribs were a top-ten and that our chicken and pork would finish respectably. Our brisket (which I thought was our worst meat) finished best, which isn't saying much.

Our team ended up on 46th out of 47. It was an incredible disappointment and step backwards. I really don't know what to say...I guess it's back to the drawing board.

With that being said, we did finish 3rd in the Iron Chef and 4th in the dessert. I really shouldn't complain too much :icon_shy I just which we scored better in the main categories.

Sorry I didn't get to meet anybody this weekend, I was too busy. I do believe that my teammate (ruger1v) met Kirk though.

I am one of those fools that always looks for the silver lining--so forgive me here :oops:

#1--You were not the dreaded DAL! :lol:
#2--It can only get better next time! :lol:

So, keep on practicing and improving and look for ways to do it better next time!

Use your great job in the Iron Chef and the Dessert as a stepping stone to overall greatness!!!!!!!

TIM

Kirk
05-21-2007, 04:56 PM
...My team had some problems this week-end and it ended up being me...
Wow man, that's a tough deal. I'd say that just being able to make all the turn ins would be an accomplishment.
Yep, I ran into him while he was taking his boy over to the "facilities" I think, so that was a quick visit. Sorry we never got over to say howdy to the rest of the crew.

#1--You were not the dreaded DAL! :lol:
That honor went to one of the guys who was cooking behind us. I've met him before. Nice guy. He did just about as well as we did at the only other contest I've done. When I found out he was 47th I felt really bad for him. I don't think he's a bad cook, but I don't think he was really in tune with what the judges would be expecting as far as turn ins. He may have been done in by the Lost Nation crew too because he told me he had tipped quite a few with those guys on Saturday night. :-D

Lakeside Smoker
05-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Any more results?
Top 10 or 5 in each category?

Thanks!
Mike

LostNation
05-21-2007, 06:17 PM
I also got killed this weekend, oh well there's always the next contest. It was a fun contest and a whirl wind weekend. It was my pleasure to meet as many brethren as I did.

BigBarry
05-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Vinny - great job!!

Looking forward to my first event in Merrimack!!

WannaBeBBQueen
05-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Hey Vin, congrats! Kyle way to go :) Nice showing for the brethren, congrats to everyone!!

Kirk
05-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Dang it! My teammate still has the full results and I haven't been able to get them from him. There were a lot of Brethren getting calls in the various categories, I just can't remember them all.
We had our ups and downs but I was pretty happy (shocked actually) about our overall placement. Out of 47 teams, we wound up:
22nd in chicken :|
6th in ribs (I think we lost a tie breaker for 5th - not sure about that though) :-D
37th in pork :x
and..., 7th in brisket :-D
That earned us 13th overall! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
This was our first big contest and our goals were to just get out there, have fun, and not embarass ourselves. Well, with the help of a lot of people on this here forum, I think we managed to do that. Thanks again everybody and if I can get the full results from Jim, I'll put them up ASAP.

ique
05-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Come on now. Some of you brothers are sitting there with the result sheet and we still dont have top 10 in each category :?::!:

:-D

LostNation
05-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Here are the top 10 overall and top 5 each category

grand Midnite Smokers
reserve The BBQ Guru
3 Bad Bones BBQ Crew
4 3eyz BBQ
6 Smokey T's Pit Crew
7 The Purple Turtle
8 Jumping Dog BBQ
9 Widespread Pork
10 Pig Pen BBQ

Chick
1.3 eyz
2.Guru
3. Smokers Delight
4.Bad Bones
5.Pequea Pullers

Ribs
1.Guru
2.Purple Turtle
3.Big Name in Smoking
4.Casual Smokers
5.Midnight

Pork
1.Smokey T's
2.Midnight
3.Jumping Dog
4.White Dog
5.Widespread pork

Brisket
1.Midnight
2.Lost Nation
3.Lunchmeat
4.3eyz
5. Bad Bones

lunchlady
05-22-2007, 11:53 AM
you forgot dessert... doesn't really count but it's nice to see....

1. Jumping Dog they got a 180~!
2. Midnite Smokers
3. Lo "n" Slo
4. Pig Tippin'
5. lunchmeat

we feel like we got killed as well, except for the brisket and the pineapple upside down cake which I had to call my mom-in-law halfway through cooking it!

BTW - thanks to Nancee for eggs, cake pan, and oil - DUH! - or else I wouldnt have even been able to turn it in.

You gotta love a 40th in chicken. I guess the judges really ARE sick of thighs. There were so many ties...

i am wondering...did anyone else's stuff get done WAY too soon??

Kirk
05-22-2007, 01:04 PM
i am wondering...did anyone else's stuff get done WAY too soon??
I heard a few people talking about that. Mostly the butts and briskets but I think Vinny said his ribs finished early too. Must be the microwave assist option on the Spicebox. Our butts and briskets finished a little early too, but still within our planned window for resting.

butt head
05-22-2007, 03:53 PM
buttheads got 9th in pork

Kirk
05-22-2007, 04:56 PM
buttheads got 9th in pork
Sorry we never got over to say hi to you guys. You were practically right next to us but somehow we never made it. Congrats btw.

butt head
05-22-2007, 06:30 PM
for the life of me i could not remmember your team name. i walked by you several times:icon_blush: . we will hook up at some other comp. im doing wildwood next then new holland

Kirk
05-22-2007, 07:57 PM
for the life of me i could not remmember your team name.
I only just put it in my sig line today, so I'm not suprised. We're doing New Holland too so we'll have to make it a point to tip a few.

Westexbbq
05-22-2007, 08:43 PM
There's a cow tipping event at New Holland?

spicewine
05-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Way to go Vinny!! Glad to see your are getting that bad boy dialed in!!:wink:

Spice

MilitantSquatter
05-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Here are our turn in pics...

Pig Headed
05-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Lookin' good Vinny.

Tinybud
05-24-2007, 08:12 PM
We missed Yardley, we were comitted to a relay for life event the same weekend, We'll be in New Holland thou. Looking forward to it.

Q Haven
05-24-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm not a drumstick guy, but those look really good....