PDA

View Full Version : Long Island Fat Burger

SmokeInDaEye
05-16-2007, 10:04 AM
I know I'll be taking a trip soon...

Long Island Gets A Taste Of Hollywood

New York, NY, March 1st, 2007 – The last great hamburger stand has finally made its way to Long Island. The first-ever Fatburger restaurant in Long Island is scheduled to open its doors in late April, 2007 and is conveniently located at 5288 Sunrise Highway in Massapequa Park.

Fatburger, the cooked-when-you-order, high in taste, fast-casual hamburger chain based on the west coast, has become a favorite among celebrities and athletes. The chain's devoted clientele include Janet Jackson, Magic Johnson, David Letterman, Montel Williams, Pharrell Williams, George Foreman, and Leonardo DiCaprio to name a few.

Franchisee and local resident Stuart Lieblein, who is also the owner of Residue National Corp, a multi-million dollar commodities brokerage company, called on his life long friend John Vavrinec to defect from a major restaurant chain to head-up operations of the company. They plan to open at least 6 more Fatburger locations in Long Island in the near future.

“When I went to Las Vegas in 2004, I was told by a friend that I had to try Fatburger. The brand has an enormous cult following on the West Coast, so I took his advice and it was the best burger experience of my life. From the burgers with fresh melted cheese, to the home-made onion rings, to the hand-scooped real ice-cream shakes, I was floored,” said Lieblein. “I recognized right then and there the niche and void in the NY market and decided to bring Fatburger to Long Island.”

Also sharing the menu with the signature Fatburger are Turkeyburgers, Veggieburgers, Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, the all-new Fat Salad Wedge, Hot Dogs, Chili, and "Fat" or "Skinny" fries. The Long Island Fatburger is committed to providing diners with a healthy alternative and will use only trans-fat free cooking oil.

In traditional Fatburger style, the restaurant features a hip ’50s-style décor accented with bright colors, neon lighting, stainless steel accents and various music memorabilia. Rock, Vintage Blues, R&B and Classic Soul tunes will pump from the Web-enabled digital jukebox that has a catalog of more than 200,000 songs.

Restaurant hours are from 10AM- 12 Midnight. To contact the restaurant, call 516-541-0055. To reach John Vavrinec, call 516-622-2332.

About Fatburger

Founded by Lovie Yancey in Los Angeles, California in 1952, the Fatburger Restaurant chain has more than 85 restaurants serving big, fresh, lean beef burgers cooked on open grills in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Michigan, Ohio, and Canada. Fatburger is based in Santa Monica, California. For more information, please call Stuart Lieblein at 516-622-2233.

barfly
05-16-2007, 10:18 AM
I live in Massapequa.... This'll be the end of me..

Bigmista
05-16-2007, 11:20 AM
You will enjoy it. Ask Phil.

Westexbbq
05-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Who's Phil?

icemn62
05-16-2007, 12:17 PM
One of my favorite Burger Stands. I don't get to go anymore, watching weight, but still a favorite.

Bigmista
05-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Who's Phil?

Our fearless leader.

timzcardz
05-16-2007, 03:05 PM
With All American right down the road, why bother?

Man, Now that I've said that I gotta get me over to Massapequa for some All American soon!

Will350z
05-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Go straight up Fatkid style, with a double king burger w/bacon, cheese and a fried egg!!!! Don't forget the fries too!!!

I love FatBurger!!!! I don't believe there is one in SD, I may have to look into it.

icemn62
05-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Yes there are Fatburgers in the SD area.

goto www.fatburgers.com (http://www.fatburgers.com) and use the store locator.

Sledneck
05-16-2007, 08:43 PM
i have been eyeing that place since they started construction a few months ago, its gonna blow my diet but i gave to try it when are we going?

TexasGuppie
06-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Fatburger is the best and their onion rings are second-to-none in my book.