PDA

View Full Version : Welfare Wagon Mods.

Doorbusters
04-30-2007, 05:30 PM
I have officially upgraded the wagon. I now have a (junk)Brinkman Bandera back to back with my NB Bandera. Only thing left to do is remount my Wildcat flagpole. I cannot get over the difference in quality from the NB to the Brinkman. I am gonna have to do extensive work on both doors just to get them to seal worth a fark. Does anyone have a newer model they can offer tips on. The newer doors have little springs on the handles, my old one does not. Do they serve a purpose? Not that I can see.
All I have left is the fire basket and baffle and she is ready!

Other than driveway cooks, the GAB will be her maiden voyage! 6:00 Friday we shall christen the ol' wagon! With a bottle of PBR! (the new pit may break).

Jeff_in_KC
04-30-2007, 05:49 PM
My BSKD is only about three years old. You (or anyone) can have her for $150. There is rust.

Cecil
04-30-2007, 08:16 PM
The springs on the handles are so you don't burn your hand on the handle. The air around the spring helps keep it cool to touch.

To seal the door I used the orange high temp silicone. You can get it at walmart in the auto section.

My door sat too low and would rub on the top when I closed the door. I put washers on the hinges to raise the door.

Doorbusters
05-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Not the cool-touch springs on the outside, I am referring to the inside on the mechanism where it latches. It almost looks as if they are supposed to be a spacer between the door and the latch itself.