View Full Version : Best Meal Ever - River Cafe (NYC)

04-29-2007, 07:30 AM
This isn't really Q... But I didn't know where else to put it.

Wine & Swine suggested a restaurant for my wife and me in NYC, and even got everything set up for us for last night. We were at the River Cafe in Brooklyn, as close to the Brooklyn Bridge as possible.

We did the 6 course tasting menu, and it was phenomenal! More details, and photos later, but W&S knows food! When he's opened up, make a point to get to his place!

04-29-2007, 07:57 AM
I have heard many good thinn there,ig about it but never been there, think i might take wife there next month

05-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Amuse bouche of chilean sea base ceviche

First course of scallop ceviche with sea beans and citrus/tomato

Wild rock lobster in butter with cauliflower puree and blood orange

Mediterranean sea bass with chorizo, shrimp, petit zucchini and smoked tomato petals
Sauteed foie gras with brioche French bread

Colorado rack of lamb with Moroccan lamb sausage

Brooklyn Bridge chocolate dessert with Tahitian vanilla ice cream

Caramel chantilly with salty and sweet sides

and the view from our table:

05-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Added photos, forgot to change title.

05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Very romantic place that has welcomed some of the best chefs in the city (if not the country) in their kitchen.

I can't believe you were in town and didn't get in touch, Curt.....:x :roll:

05-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Wow... food looks really good. Will add to my to-do list!

05-01-2007, 02:18 PM
That all looks amazing! Glad you had a good time and will let John know. He's been a little crazed getting his place open.

05-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Sorry Matt... I was visiting my sister, but mostly celebrating with my wife. It was a pretty quick trip, but I did get in Carnegie Deli, Junior's for cheesecake, a place in Little Italy, a Spanish place near my sister's and Daisy May... And somehow ended up visiting Tiffany on 3 consecutive days!

Clint, I sent John a thank you already... But I will have to thank him again... It wasn't a cheap meal, but we won't forget it soon. I'm looking at what it will take to get out to his place once he's going strong.