PDA

View Full Version : Numbers of People Attending Competitions

QansasjayhawQ
04-16-2007, 01:12 PM
I am trying to come up with the rough number of people who typically pass by your booth during a competition.

I know that this is most likely a difficult number to judge, but a simple ball-park guesstimate will do just fine. Even a 'feels-like' number would be great.

I know that you can probably say you have ranges like 'less than five' or 'more than 5000'. I just need an idea on which extreme is more typical at most competitions.

Thanks!

Plowboy
04-16-2007, 01:35 PM
This depends on the venue and type of contest. North Kansas City had 100k plus attendence, but I wouldn't say that more than 20 people passed by my booth.

Blue Springs contest has 10-15k attendence (I think) and virtually all of them pass by each team.

World Pork Expo in Des Moines has tens of thousands of vistors, but depending on where they put you, you could see all or none of them.

Mooner
04-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Yeah I think at North KC I had maybe 4 people pass by my booth lol. It's all about location, we were stuck waaaay in the back of some parking lot so no free samples :twisted:

QansasjayhawQ
04-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks, guys - sounds like it's the same old adage . . . location, location, location.

big blue bbq
04-17-2007, 03:26 PM
weather will have a lot to do with it too. This past weekend there were not more than 50 people braving the rain and cold at the comp I was at. They even had a car show to go with it, but windy and rainy and 40 degrees pretty much kept everyone away. It was a cold night in the tent.

beam boys bbq
04-17-2007, 03:43 PM
my thoughts are they all think they are going to get food and they don't and it piss some off

I think this to they come when we are rushed and have no time to talk and they fell left out

we need the people in volved with us some how any idea:eusa_clap

york:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: