PDA

View Full Version : Guitarbeque

arlieque
04-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Not looking good for Guitarbeque...I will post to let you know as the merger isnt going well and they may cut all events in Asbury Park for a year! Will know for sure next week sometime. If it is cut we are planning on moving it inland to a different site in 2008.

Thanks, Arlie

Westexbbq
04-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear that and I am sure you will keep us all posted.
Good luck and hope it all shakes out for the better.

Sawdustguy
04-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Wow, this is a big time bummer! I was really looking forward to Guitarbecue.

Q Haven
04-03-2007, 11:48 AM
I had this one on my list too....

SmokeInDaEye
04-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed but it sounds doubtful. I'm running out of events!

nancee
04-03-2007, 02:11 PM
please let me know if something changes. We were looking forward to the tunes...
nancee

The Anchorman
04-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Damn! We had a great time there last year and was sure looking to go again this year.

Sledneck
04-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Figures one of the few i planned on cooking and it might be gone anybody know what is the alternate? Edit just checked KCBS weekend before is Lake Placid weekend after is wildwood nj, depending on schedule i am leaning towards Lake Placid. I would much rather drive to asbury than lake placid

Q Haven
04-04-2007, 05:22 AM
Go to Lake Placid. Cooked there last year, it was a great contest. Organizers were very cooker friendly, low entry fees, large prizes, free ice, contest is sited in the Olympic oval where Eric Heiden won his 5 gold medals in 1980, and in the shadow of where the Miracle on Ice took place.

The fact that virtually every team that cooked there last year is returning is a sign that this is a real good time....

LostNation
04-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Figures one of the few i planned on cooking and it might be gone anybody know what is the alternate? Edit just checked KCBS weekend before is Lake Placid weekend after is wildwood nj, depending on schedule i am leaning towards Lake Placid. I would much rather drive to asbury than lake placid

I don't know if your a new cook or not but you need to send your entries in as soon as possible. Wildwood is as tough to get in as Harpoon and is full. Lake Placid only has a few spots left and may be full. Last year LP was begging for cooks and I'm sure there will be a wating list soon. I think it was a couple years ago thet Asbury got some guy's off the street to cook to make it a qualifier.

SmokeInDaEye
04-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Go to Lake Placid. Cooked there last year, it was a great contest. Organizers were very cooker friendly, low entry fees, large prizes, free ice, contest is sited in the Olympic oval where Eric Heiden won his 5 gold medals in 1980, and in the shadow of where the Miracle on Ice took place.

The fact that virtually every team that cooked there last year is returning is a sign that this is a real good time....

Oh, I've always wanted to meet Eric Heiden!:wink: Looks like a great contest. FYI, I spoke to the Wildwood folks yesterday and they had ONE open slot after returning teams and it went to the first application received after Monday. I should have checked in last week.

Sledneck
04-07-2007, 09:16 PM
What is the latest on this? ANy new info? Inquiring minds......

Sledneck
04-08-2007, 01:06 PM
bump im getting impatient

SmokeInDaEye
04-08-2007, 07:47 PM
bump im getting impatient

Yes.

arlieque
04-08-2007, 07:50 PM
GUys I said it would be next week but isnt looking good. I dont know if I will be able to post the results so someone call me. I will be in California after Tuesday evening getting ready for nexy weekends Autry BBQ Championship.

Thanks,Arlie

SmokeInDaEye
04-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Just got off the phone with Arlieque and things are looking a whole lot better for Guitarbeque than they were a few days ago, though he won't know officially until Monday.

Long story short, the venue and all events at it have been up in the air due to an ongoing merger. However, the marketing firms from both companies met today and are starting to see the power of this event and want to work together to make it happen.

Now that may mean cutting out the proposed grilling event in an effort to reign in the number of days (and, more importantly, the cost of things like security and firemarshall fees), but a Friday/Saturday BBQ contest with entertainment is still looking very feasible.

Arlie will try to log in late tonight but he has given them until Monday to reach a final decision.

The Anchorman
04-12-2007, 06:36 PM
If its on we are there! The Anchormen

MilitantSquatter
04-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the update Clint...

Arlie knows we are all pulling for him for this to come together...

Who needs grilling events & security guards anyway ????

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ
04-12-2007, 07:20 PM
We are also in if the event goes on. Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ

Capt ron
04-13-2007, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the update and "Thank" You Arlie for your hard work... There are not awhole lot of competitions in this area it would be ashame to have this one go too like Ocean City cancelled theirs...
We plan on attending this year if it is a go...

The Anchorman
04-15-2007, 06:38 AM
any more information?
is it on and is the application up yet?

Sledneck
04-16-2007, 08:00 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/listening/1.gif

The Anchorman
04-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Is there an official word on Guitarbeque? I am making out checks for entry fees and would like to get it in ASAP, so we don't get locked out like we did in Harpoon and New Holland.

Capt ron
04-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Hey Ray,
I am in the same situation... Notification was to be posted on Monday I thought... Arlie must be busy... I check here and on the KCBS forum nothin' yet... Hopefully tonight we will here something...
If I hear anything I will post ASAP...

arlieque
04-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Had flooding in the area so they could not have there meeting. Will post as soon as I know? Sorry, out of my hands.

Arlie

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ
04-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Any news yet ?????

arlieque
04-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Guitarbeque is no more in Asbury Park. Merged companies cant work it out so for now there will be no contest there. However I have parties working on another site for it on the same dates if possible. Stay turned................
thanks, Arlie

Sledneck
04-24-2007, 02:30 PM
merged companies are ash-holes. this is a bummer i hope something can replace it

MilitantSquatter
04-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the update Arlie...

What would you expect to be a deadline date to know if something else can come together in time for a different location ?

Capt ron
04-25-2007, 04:23 AM
Thanks Arlie and "thank you for all the hard work you do for the keeping the members informed...