PDA

View Full Version : Big Apple Plowboy

Plowboy
03-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Coming to Manhattan, NY next Wednesday. Need to figure out what to do Wednesday night. I've done RUB, Daisy Mays, & Blue Smoke. Any other suggestions for Q?

I've been to Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill about 3 years ago. That was really good. Bobby was in the place that night and we got to talk with him and get a picture. The women in the group were all a flutter. He looks like Danny from the Partridge Family to me.

backyardchef
03-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Pies and Thighs has good vinegar-spiked pork and tasty fried chicken. That's in Brooklyn, tho.

Dinosaur is way uptown, but they have pretty alright stuff.

Waterfront AleHouse is in brooklyn and manhattan and has surprisingly good bbq.

Virgil's in midtown is hit or miss, but alright most of the time.

Spanky's, bonelick park, brothers, brother jimmy's, dallas jones, biscuit and smoke joint should all be skipped.....

motoeric
03-29-2007, 03:48 PM
You could hop over to Penn Station and take the Babylon line to Bayshore and stop by Willie B's. If you don't mind the trek, it's good food and nice people.

Eric

backyardchef
03-29-2007, 03:57 PM
What is Willie B's? Never heard of that.....:oops:

Sledneck
03-29-2007, 04:18 PM
What is Willie B's? Never heard of that.....:oops:

They have really cold beer

Plowboy
03-29-2007, 04:21 PM
They have really cold beer

Too bad you don't drink. :rolleyes:

nancee
03-29-2007, 06:20 PM
we could meet at mesa or flay's other place or I could take you to some native NY off the beaten path joint if you want. You bringing any supplies?
nancee

Coming to Manhattan, NY next Wednesday. Need to figure out what to do Wednesday night. I've done RUB, Daisy Mays, & Blue Smoke. Any other suggestions for Q?

I've been to Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill about 3 years ago. That was really good. Bobby was in the place that night and we got to talk with him and get a picture. The women in the group were all a flutter. He looks like Danny from the Partridge Family to me.

timzcardz
03-29-2007, 06:31 PM
I work downtown at 115 Broadway and head home past Willie's every night and would have loved to taken you to Willie's, but alas I am driving south to Florida starting in 20 hours.

I'd say that if you have never been to a game at Yankee Stadium, that would be an option, but Wednesday's is an afternoon game.

I no, I'm pretty much usless.

Anyway, enjoy your stay in The Big Apple!

Plowboy
03-29-2007, 11:25 PM
When I'm in town, I work at One Chase Plaza.

Nancee, Mesa sounds good to me. I could do that again. It has been years. PM me and I'll bring whatever you want.

big brother smoke
03-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Pizza Hut:twisted:

Plowboy
03-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Pizza Hut:twisted:

Good idea. I hear that the Brooklyn Style pizza is really authentic. :wink:

Pyle's BBQ
03-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Good idea. I hear that the Brooklyn Style pizza is really authentic. :wink:

Don't miss the Outback Ribs!!!!

SmokeInDaEye
04-01-2007, 12:06 PM
I'd be glad to meet you all at Mesa Wednesday, at least for an appetizer or drink. Let me know details.

nancee
04-01-2007, 12:21 PM
excellent. what time shall we all meet then?
nancee

When I'm in town, I work at One Chase Plaza.

Nancee, Mesa sounds good to me. I could do that again. It has been years. PM me and I'll bring whatever you want.

RichardF
04-02-2007, 08:30 AM
New York Noodletown - One of the best chinese roast meat places in the city. To early for their famous soft-shelled crab. You want to start with the baby pig then salt-baked shrimp, duck with flowering chives, stuffed baby eggplant and Singapore Mi fun. And if you like soup, don't forget to start off with a bowl.

Plowboy
04-02-2007, 09:11 AM
excellent. what time shall we all meet then?
nancee

I'll be at the Mesa Grill bar between 5:30p and 6p. Anyone planning to join us for dinner, please post up so I can get a reservation. Otherwise, join for a drink.

Clint - I'll have your table with me assuming you still want it. :smile:

Bill-Chicago
04-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Richard

I think you need to put on your "Lauren Tewes- Cruise Director" outfit and show them around

SmokeInDaEye
04-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I'll be at the Mesa Grill bar between 5:30p and 6p. Anyone planning to join us for dinner, please post up so I can get a reservation. Otherwise, join for a drink.

Definitely bring it. Also some of that great chicken rub if you're producing it yet. I'll meet up for a drink but probably have to head out on the early side.

RichardF
04-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Richard

I think you need to put on your "Lauren Tewes- Cruise Director" outfit and show them around

I am in NYC frequently enough that I know where I want to eat. If things progress the way they are going, I may be moving back in the not so distant future.

Bill - Do you have a line on a three-bedroom apartment, somewhere in the low 20's on the east-side :wink:

nancee
04-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Greg and I will try to get there as close to 5:30 as possible. We can eat there as planned or go somewhere else if you prefer. I will email you from home later and if its not too late, you can bring me a care package.
nancee

Plowboy
04-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Greg and I will try to get there as close to 5:30 as possible. We can eat there as planned or go somewhere else if you prefer. I will email you from home later and if its not too late, you can bring me a care package.
nancee

I'm leaving in an hour for the airport. What you need?

nancee
04-03-2007, 02:48 PM
bring me some mean dean and your stuff
some tennessee red and a bh regular if its not too much
otherwise don't worry about it

I really want the MD rub most if you need to prioritize

Plowboy
04-03-2007, 03:04 PM
bring me some mean dean and your stuff
some tennessee red and a bh regular if its not too much
otherwise don't worry about it

I really want the MD rub most if you need to prioritize

Got it!!!

Signing off.

nancee
04-03-2007, 03:15 PM
thanks...sorry for the last minute biz
still in Gator la la land
see you tomorrow...have a safe trip

nancee
04-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey! Thanks for meeting us and bringing all that good chit!!! We had a blast...hope you did too...
nancee

Plowboy
04-05-2007, 05:19 AM
Hey! Thanks for meeting us and bringing all that good chit!!! We had a blast...hope you did too...
nancee

I'm tired as chit this morning!!! Glad I cut off the booze early. :icon_smil Ol' Bobby Flay makes a great grouper.

We'll stay in touch.

Smokin Gator
04-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Jealousy Mod...

SmokeInDaEye
04-05-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm tired as chit this morning!!! Glad I cut off the booze early. :icon_smil Ol' Bobby Flay makes a great grouper.

We'll stay in touch.

Yep, sorry I had to cut out early but it's always good to see you all!

nancee
04-05-2007, 07:24 PM
chardonnay was $14 a glass...

Smokin Gator
04-05-2007, 07:28 PM
chardonnay was $14 a glass...

I hope it was a huge Gator glass:-)

nancee
04-05-2007, 07:30 PM
or even close. And of course I did not find out until I had had several.

I hope it was a huge Gator glass:-)

Smokin Gator
04-05-2007, 07:32 PM
LOL... do you need a few Gator cups sans wine. I have some I could send...

The_Kapn
04-05-2007, 08:12 PM
or even close. And of course I did not find out until I had had several.

Damn girl---ya need a "loan"?
I can imagine your reaction when ya got that bill :roll:

TIM

big brother smoke
04-05-2007, 08:18 PM
I am in NYC frequently enough that I know where I want to eat. If things progress the way they are going, I may be moving back in the not so distant future.

Bill - Do you have a line on a three-bedroom apartment, somewhere in the low 20's on the east-side :wink:

Tee hee! The east side is Lake Michigan:tongue:

nancee
04-05-2007, 08:20 PM
I still have several dozen of the ones that used to work with coffee can lids...remember the good old days??? That was when you threw a shot of turkey or jack into that watered down coke they sold at the swamp...

anyhow, we also have probably numerous variations of every downsized cup ever printed so no thanks

...unless you want to pay for the wine to fill em...

LOL... do you need a few Gator cups sans wine. I have some I could send...

nancee
04-05-2007, 08:27 PM
it was even funnier when I checked my bank account tonight and found out I was missing a commission check...now that was funny

but seriously I was good; I merely asked this poor bartendress if this was a joke to which she replied that she had comped us a few to try to ease the pain (think she's been there before?) so I left her a big ass tip and chalked it up to not going to my local hangouts...rub, etc. Fortunately, most of the food was pretty good and not horribly expensive so we chalk it up to a good time was had by all...
nancee

Damn girl---ya need a "loan"?
I can imagine your reaction when ya got that bill :roll:

TIM

nancee
04-05-2007, 08:30 PM
bet they don't get $14 a pop...seriously, I am trying to figure out if it is a place we have nbeen to a whole bunch or a new adventure.
thanks
nancee

New York Noodletown - One of the best chinese roast meat places in the city. To early for their famous soft-shelled crab. You want to start with the baby pig then salt-baked shrimp, duck with flowering chives, stuffed baby eggplant and Singapore Mi fun. And if you like soup, don't forget to start off with a bowl.