PDA

View Full Version : Capital City Cookoff

Mooner
03-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Ok guys, who is doing the Jefferson City, MO comp April 13, 14th? I wanna know who to look for at the fairgrounds. :razz:

Greatgrills
03-26-2007, 06:58 AM
Great Grills O' Fire will be there.

spicewine
03-26-2007, 07:59 AM
Team Q will be there!!

River City Smokehouse
03-26-2007, 08:49 AM
River City Smokehouse will be there!

Bubba
03-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Bubba and Jeff's BBQ will be there

Greatgrills
03-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Bubba and Jeff's BBQ will be there

Hey Bubba we fired up the trash can yesterday!!

Freda's Redneck BBQ
03-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Freda's Redneck BBQ will be there.

Mooner
03-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Great Grills O' Fire will be there.

Mark, we will have to hook up and drink a beer!!

Greatgrills
03-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Mark, we will have to hook up and drink a beer!!

That will not be a problem

ChipotlePat
03-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Sweet Chipotle BBQ will be there.

beam boys bbq
03-26-2007, 04:52 PM
we will be there god willing the pit is out of the shop

say an bbq prayer for me

york:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff_in_KC
03-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Big Creek is in!

Mark, you drinkin beer again yet? :lol: :wink:

SloppyQ
03-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Sloppy and the gang will be present.

Jeff_in_KC
03-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Wow! That's at least ten Brethren teams already. Anyone know if Belly Brothers and Chick n Pig will be there? Speaking of these guys, I haven't seen any of them around here for quite awhile.

Ulcer Acres
03-27-2007, 05:26 AM
Ulcer Acres will be there. Marla is coming over Thursday afternoon, I have to work in St.Louis and I will not be there until Friday afternoon. Some other that I know are coming, Smokin Clones "Last years AR, Invite Reserve, Cancersuckschicago.com "Last years Jack Winner", Moonswiners, Dr. Porkenstien. Make sure and stop on by.

Jeff_in_KC
03-27-2007, 07:23 AM
I heard this was gonna be an awesome field of teams! Can't wait to see how we stack up against you big boys, Randy! :wink:

Mooner
03-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I heard this was gonna be an awesome field of teams! Can't wait to see how we stack up against you big boys, Randy! :wink:

Haha, we'll be fine Jeff. And if not, im sure there will be enough beer there to drown our sorrows :lol:

Ulcer Acres
03-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Weight is the only thing big around our camp. You dont need to worry about us. There are plenty of others that will hand us our walking papers.

spicewine
03-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Any given day Brother!!!!

Solidkick
03-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Bellys can't pull it off because of work commitments on Friday...we tried but it just doesn't appear that it's going to happen....pulling in at 7-8PM on Friday night against a tough field like this and for the 1st contest of the year is not really a good way to start off.....so we'll keep our entry fee in our pockets and come drink Becky's beer.....T and I will surely be down at some point....

Now if someone needs a couple of good pitbitches, feel free to PM me.......

Greatgrills
03-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Bellys can't pull it off because of work commitments on Friday...we tried but it just doesn't appear that it's going to happen....pulling in at 7-8PM on Friday night against a tough field like this and for the 1st contest of the year is not really a good way to start off.....so we'll keep our entry fee in our pockets and come drink Becky's beer.....T and I will surely be down at some point....

I'll be sure to bring extra:-D

spicewine
03-28-2007, 05:19 PM

Anyone need a Diddler!!!!???? Talked to Belly Bro today and he said that you all were going to be there!! What's the deal?? :rolleyes:

Solidkick
03-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Talked to Belly Bro today and he said that you all were going to be there!! What's the deal?? :rolleyes:

Yea....he didn't remember what weekend it was, when we talked tonight he then remembered the circumtances involved.....

Jeff_in_KC
03-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Damned work always seems to screw with our lives! :evil: I will probably have the pitbitching covered at this one Gary but definitely stop by for a beer! I'm giving all mine away except 2 or 3! :wink:

Looking forward to seeing all of you. Gary or Jay, you guys heard from Skip lately? He's disappeared.

spicewine
03-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Yea....he didn't remember what weekend it was, when we talked tonight he then remembered the circumtances involved.....

You can stay with us but . NO DIDDLING!! With the fire!! T can sleep with me.:twisted:

Mooner
03-29-2007, 02:17 PM
[quote=Jeff_in_KC;370639]Damned work always seems to screw with our lives! :evil: I will probably have the pitbitching covered at this one Gary but definitely stop by for a beer! I'm giving all mine away except 2 or 3! :wink:

Maybe we should figure out a way to start a Brethren Mafia. You know, a way to make money without working so we can bbq all day and then funnel the dirty money we make through a "business" of some sort. OH! I know, we could have a bbq/gentlemans joint.................. Ti*s and Ribs! :biggrin: :roll:

Mooner
03-29-2007, 03:02 PM
I will probably have the pitbitching covered at this one Gary but definitely stop by for a beer! I'm giving all mine away except 2 or 3! :wink:

:eek: Isn't that grounds for disqualification Jeff??

Solidkick
03-29-2007, 05:45 PM
I called to check on Skip of Chick 'N' Pig today.....he's been through another "employee" issue, so he's been training a new person....and he's coaching his son's baseball team.......so he hasn't been checking the site at all lately........but he said to let you all know.....

Chick 'N' Pig will be there!!

beam boys bbq
03-29-2007, 07:29 PM
jeff i have picked out date fat tire up this week and an schafly pale

one 12 pack of each i dont drink beer but you all can come by and get it beer gets me drunk to quick

bourbon is my neckter

york

Jeff_in_KC
03-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Slammin' Sammy's back on the field, huh? good to know Skip will be there. Thanks for checkin' Gary!

Fredbird
03-30-2007, 02:08 PM
I just had a feel good moment. In two weeks I'll be in Jefferson City drinking a beer, prepping some ribs and spending a lot of time with my BBQ friends. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys, can you tell?:-D :-D :-D

Mooner
03-30-2007, 05:48 PM
I just had a feel good moment. In two weeks I'll be in Jefferson City drinking a beer, prepping some ribs and spending a lot of time with my BBQ friends. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys, can you tell?:-D :-D :-D

It's gonna be a good time! I can hardly wait. My wife went to high school there so I think were gonna have a lot of people. I already told her though, I'm not cookin for a bunch of farkers and they better keep their nubby paws off the cooker. :biggrin:

Jeff_in_KC
03-30-2007, 05:50 PM

You'll just have to sing yourself though since Bob will be at Osage City! :lol: This ought to be good.

baggs
03-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Turn the radio up and keep Fredbird distracted and we will be O-kay!!!

Jeff_in_KC
03-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Turn the radio up and keep Fredbird distracted and we will be O-kay!!!

I'm all for keeping you guys distracted all weekend! :twisted: Especially that guy who kicks arse on brisket! :lol:

Jeff@KC
03-30-2007, 06:06 PM
I hope that Damon Frost is going to be with BAD BOYS BBQ in Jeff City. He and I were friends in High School at JC... By the way, I am so excited to cook in Jeff that I have already started rubbing my brisket! Do ya think I might be a little early? HA

Jeff@KC
03-30-2007, 06:27 PM
I think I will try to drink all of Mark's beer!!! It will ease the pain from the ass whippin' that he is going to give us!! Hope fully we will be next to you guys....

baggs
03-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Jeff, so you bring one brisket half thawed for the judges and the other one already rubbed two weeks in advanced. Too early!!!

Greatgrills
03-30-2007, 07:14 PM
I think I will try to drink all of Mark's beer!!! It will ease the pain from the ass whippin' that he is going to give us!! Hope fully we will be next to you guys....

You all are going to be doing the whippin' I don't know about the assignments I know that we are doing the buck a bone so who knows where we will end up..

PigBoy
03-30-2007, 07:35 PM
I thought the Great Grills were going to Stillwater this weekend. Didn't work out?

Greatgrills
03-30-2007, 07:41 PM
I thought the Great Grills were going to Stillwater this weekend. Didn't work out?

Didnt work out for us but we have a few friends there cooking said it has been raining for about 5hrs now and it is windy

PigBoy
03-30-2007, 07:43 PM
You can stay home and have that!

Mooner
03-30-2007, 08:26 PM
I hope that Damon Frost is going to be with BAD BOYS BBQ in Jeff City. He and I were friends in High School at JC... By the way, I am so excited to cook in Jeff that I have already started rubbing my brisket! Do ya think I might be a little early? HA

LOL who is this?? how do you know Damon Frost? That's my brother in law..He saw the post and thought it was me messin with him but I swore it wasn't me so now he's curious.

Jeff_in_KC
03-30-2007, 08:53 PM
I bet he went to high school with him or something like that! :wink: :lol:

beam boys bbq
03-30-2007, 09:00 PM
this is killing me my pit is still in the shop :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mooner
03-30-2007, 09:07 PM
this is killing me my pit is still in the shop :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You still have 2 weeks from today. I think you will be alright. What are they doing to it anyway? Something major I assume.

Jeff@KC
03-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Damon knows who this is! I saw you guys at northtown. Just tell him it is SPURGE!!! And don't bring him to the cookoff if he is going to help kick our ass...

beam boys bbq
03-31-2007, 09:36 AM
You still have 2 weeks from today. I think you will be alright. What are they doing to it anyway? Something major I assume.

I am having new doors made firebox and cooker doors

i want to do an run threw before jeff to see how she is cooking if you know what i mean

i guess i am just can't weaight to go I NEED MY COOKER BACK I MISS HER !!!!!!!!!

york

Mooner
03-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Damon knows who this is! I saw you guys at northtown. Just tell him it is SPURGE!!! And don't bring him to the cookoff if he is going to help kick our ass...

Ahhh, I wouldn't worry. He's not that good...:wink:

Chick'n Pig BBQ
03-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Sorry I haven't posted lately. We will be in Jeff city as Gary mentioned. I miss you all and I miss cooking!!!!!!
Good luck everyone

Jeff_in_KC
03-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Dang Skip! You had me worried! Had'nt heard from you in months! LOL! See ya in two weeks!

beam boys bbq
03-31-2007, 03:22 PM
Sorry I haven't posted lately. We will be in Jeff city as Gary mentioned. I miss you all and I miss cooking!!!!!!
Good luck everyone

skip i have some jamison beads and an couple of t shirts

york

Greatgrills
04-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Just heard that as of today there will be 63 teams:-P

spicewine
04-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Good luck everyone

I have had Skip over to the house a couple of times in the last few weeks and can't believe that he hasn't got sick from the antifreeze that we put in his food!!

Skip : Glad your back on line!! You will be a force to be recconed with!!

Best of luck---- Team Q

Mark & Becky: Same Old Same Old!! When I get drunk, just push me toward the camper!! :lol: :lol: Look forward to the competition!!

Spice

Greatgrills
04-04-2007, 09:14 PM
I have had Skip over to the house a couple of times in the last few weeks and can't believe that he hasn't got sick from the antifreeze that we put in his food!!

Skip : Glad your back on line!! You will be a force to be recconed with!!

Best of luck---- Team Q

Mark & Becky: Same Old Same Old!! When I get drunk, just push me toward the camper!! :lol: :lol: Look forward to the competition!!

Spice

I will need help from ALL of the Team Q brothers that weekend...I will let you in on the details as soon as I get there.

Jeff_in_KC
04-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Just heard that as of today there will be 63 teams:-P

Awesome! Triple points! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greatgrills
04-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Awesome! Triple points! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will also need your help in my LITTLE plan

Ulcer Acres
04-05-2007, 06:24 AM
Let me know Mark of any help I can be.

lazyjacres
04-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Natural Born Grillers will be there. I am teaming up with Blue Smoke because my wife has a horse show the same weekend. I can't wait to get the smoke rollin' again.
See you all in Jeff.
"G" Man, you & "T" can come set in with us, or just have a couple brews..................

spicewine
04-05-2007, 07:46 AM
I know Kick is dieing to cook and Sweet T really wants to see me!!:wink:

Greatgrills
04-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Is anyone doing the buck a bone?

Jeff_in_KC
04-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Not us... don't know how two people on a team do this and get their work done!

You got me a LITTLE concerned with this LITTLE plan, Becky! LOL!

Greatgrills
04-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Not us... don't know how two people on a team do this and get their work done!

You got me a LITTLE concerned with this LITTLE plan, Becky! LOL!

Not to worry:-D

Fredbird
04-05-2007, 08:20 AM
I will need help from ALL of the Team Q brothers that weekend...I will let you in on the details as soon as I get there.

I don't know what your plan is but, I like it!:twisted:

I'm in!

Jeff_in_KC
04-05-2007, 10:05 AM
You're a trusting person, John! :lol:

Bubba
04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
any body game for a Brethren group side pot? 5 bucks for each category and 5 bucks for overall.

Mooner
04-05-2007, 11:55 AM
any body game for a Brethren group side pot? 5 bucks for each category and 5 bucks for overall.

Shoot, im up for anything if you guys are. Course I'll probably to drunk to collect my winnings..:rolleyes: :lol: :twisted:

Fredbird
04-05-2007, 03:50 PM
You're a trusting person, John! :lol:

I live on the edge!:biggrin:

spicewine
04-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Sounds like this is going to be a big Family reunion!!

Bubba!! You really want to take my money don't you!!:wink:

Jeff_in_KC
04-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Count me in, Bubba! I have $25 I would love to give away to others! :lol:

Seems about 20% of this contest will be Brethren teams! I find this quite impressive!

SloppyQ
04-05-2007, 09:48 PM

Might as well, If I'm gonna lose $25 then it might as well be to a brother. then again If I'm gonna win $25 then it might as well be from a brother.:wink:
That's $25 x how many?

Greatgrills
04-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Let me know Mark of any help I can be.

Just bring all your secrets and share...We also have never been able to enjoy one of those clonesicles:-P

Fredbird
04-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Sixty-six teams and counting! This going to be a great contest, especially considering this is its first year!

Jeff_in_KC
04-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Here's my prediction:

Bubba and Jeff's - Grand
Great Grills - Reserve

Greatgrills
04-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Here's my prediction:

Bubba and Jeff's - Grand
Great Grills - Reserve

That would be great..Bubba and Jeff's are knocking at the door....There are going to be alot of GOOD teams that are going to be there...Like Spice has said any given day..You have Ulcer that is going to be there just won a Grand last week, you have Team Q that is going to be there, who were on fire at the end of the year, you have Smokin Clones, Triggers, Pellet Envy, Big Creek the team names could go on...All we know is that we are as nervous as if it was the Great American or the Royal...Could be that it is our first contest of the year...But I can predict that everyone of us is going to have a GREAT time. Any one of you are more than welcome to come by our site at any given time:-P

Jeff_in_KC
04-06-2007, 10:52 PM
That would be great..Bubba and Jeff's are knocking at the door....There are going to be alot of GOOD teams that are going to be there...Like Spice has said any given day..You have Ulcer that is going to be there just won a Grand last week, you have Team Q that is going to be there, who were on fire at the end of the year, you have Smokin Clones, Triggers, Pellet Envy, Big Creek the team names could go on...All we know is that we are as nervous as if it was the Great American or the Royal...Could be that it is our first contest of the year...But I can predict that everyone of us is going to have a GREAT time. Any one of you are more than welcome to come by our site at any given time:-P

Becky, no way in HELL should you include Big Creek in that list of names! We are in NO WAY worthy! We all better bring the "A" game though! One thing is for certain: we'll all know where we stand against the big boys when this one is over! Can't think of a better way to start the season!

Greatgrills
04-06-2007, 10:57 PM
It's going to be hard and stressfull for us, doing the buck a bone and the contest..Does anyone know if Lottabull is going to show??? And yes Jeff Big Creek should be included, you guys are a kick ass team...

Jeff_in_KC
04-06-2007, 11:38 PM
It's going to be hard and stressfull for us, doing the buck a bone and the contest..Does anyone know if Lottabull is going to show??? And yes Jeff Big Creek should be included, you guys are a kick ass team...

PUH-LEASE! Thank you but PUH-LEASE! You must be drinking like me, Jeff and Wayne have been tonight! :lol:

And I just checked Mike Davis's Web site and it says he and Debbie will be at "Grillin' on the River" at Columbus, Mississippi the weekend of Capital City cook Off! Thank God!!! :wink:

Greatgrills
04-07-2007, 12:03 AM
PUH-LEASE! Thank you but PUH-LEASE! You must be drinking like me, Jeff and Wayne have been tonight! :lol:

And I just checked Mike Davis's Web site and it says he and Debbie will be at "Grillin' on the River" at Columbus, Mississippi the weekend of Capital City cook Off! Thank God!!! :wink:

So what are you 3 doing??????? Are you getting a little practice in?? We have our yard bird(from Schnucks, I know I know,stuff is good and juicy though) In their secret little bath right now..Doing a little practice cook tomorrow.

Jeff_in_KC
04-07-2007, 12:08 AM
So what are you 3 doing??????? Are you getting a little practice in?? We have our yard bird(from Schnucks, I know I know,stuff is good and juicy though) In their secret little bath right now..Doing a little practice cook tomorrow.

Well, not exactly practicing. Let's just say I had to call my wife to come pick me up because I was past where I should be behind the wheel. Me, Stan, Wayne and Jeff spent several hours tonight discussing comps, etc. at a local watering hole. Let's just say all of us were well "watered"! :lol: We were practicing for SOMETHING... but it had nothing to do with smoke! :lol:

Jeff@KC
04-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Hey Jeff, thanks for jinxing us!! I had fun drinking with you guys. I think your prediction was CRAZY! Everybody knows that Mark is gonna take this one!!! But I bet Bub and I will win the drinkin' contest.. By the way, what is up with my partner getting a little frisky with the betting? You would think he would be as tired of giving our money away as I am!!!!

Jeff_in_KC
04-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Fark!

Fri (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/65101?dayNum=6)
Apr 13
http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/11.gif?12122006Showers65°/50°60% http://image.weather.com/web/common/blank.gif 65°F
Care for Your Plants in the Rain (http://www.weather.com/activities/homeandgarden/garden/education/gardenawrainy.html?from=tenday_trigger)
Sat (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/65101?dayNum=7)
Apr 14
http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/39.gif?12122006Scattered Showers61°/42°60% http://image.weather.com/web/common/blank.gif 61°F

Solidkick
04-07-2007, 11:16 AM
It's too bad Poo couldn't fly in for this.....sounds like a Brethren reunion more than a competition.....besides, I could use some good prime rib!!

ChipotlePat
04-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Is anyone doing the buck a bone?

Sweet Chipotle BBQ will be doing the buck a bone. We are having a partty for about 200 or so.

Ulcer Acres
04-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Put me in on the side bets. Anyone that want to try a clonsicle be over at Ulcer Acres at 8:30 am or 11:00 am on Saturday morning. That is when we always do the good luck shots. We usually do the shot over at our villa. We are a 40 ft Thor Transport Toyhaule with a carp flag flying over top. I will try to get our sign up but sometimes it dont happen. And with me not getting there untill late afternoon Friday, I would imagine Marla wont get it done.

River City Smokehouse
04-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Fark!

Fri (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/65101?dayNum=6)
Apr 13
http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/11.gif?12122006Showers65/5060% http://image.weather.com/web/common/blank.gif 65F
Care for Your Plants in the Rain (http://www.weather.com/activities/homeandgarden/garden/education/gardenawrainy.html?from=tenday_trigger)
Sat (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/65101?dayNum=7)
Apr 14
http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/39.gif?12122006Scattered Showers61/4260% http://image.weather.com/web/common/blank.gif 61F

Chin up Jeff. We can probably see the forecast change 5 times between now and the weekend.
According to NOAA this is what they are saying right now. It's too early for the extended from our local tv station.

Friday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.

Jeff_in_KC
04-07-2007, 05:37 PM
As long as it isn't like today! Holy hell! I thought it was Spring already!

spicewine
04-07-2007, 08:18 PM

If you have already given up, why show up at all!! I don't see anyone on the list that I "FEAR" We all have the same chance to prove ourselveles at any givien contest!!

66 Teams!! We Welcome the Challenge!! Jeff!! Either S**T or get off the pot!! It's crunch time buddy and the pressure doesn't stop!! But please don't predict the outcome and leave alot of proven winners out!! Bad Call!!

Spice

Jeff_in_KC
04-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I got myself in trouble before by exuding confidence. I'm keeping that to a minimum. :wink:

Oh and my prediction... just messing with Bub and Jeff a bit. :lol:

beam boys bbq
04-08-2007, 08:42 PM
got my pit back on friday sat fixed an couple of things cooked all day to day on it i am ready for jeff ran or what ever elce can come i an just glad to have my pit back home

york:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ulcer Acres
04-08-2007, 09:12 PM
I just got back from Jefferson City dropping the trailer off at Bruce Rings and have an update for the contest this coming weekend. He does have 66 teams and it looks like a whos-who of midwest bbq teams. He said he will have four generators plus regular power, so he will have plenty of power. If you are planning on staying Saturday night he is cutting the generators at 4:00 pm so plan on your own power for the night. We are staying saturday night so make sure and look us up. He will not have running water but he will have a place to fill up at the entrance plus fill up stations and water buffalos delivering water during the weekend. We will be on grass but he said it is very level spots. Looking forward to seeing you all there. Plus he showed us the trophies he has and they are very nice. He is giving out trophy placques for the top ten in each categories.

River City Smokehouse
04-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Just talked to Bruce. They are full at 66 teams, with about 15 teams in the backyard cook and 25-26 in the Buck-a-Bone. Looking foward to see ing everybody there. Some I already know and some I hope to meet.

Jeff_in_KC
04-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Just talked to Bruce. They are full at 66 teams, with about 15 teams in the backyard cook and 25-26 in the Buck-a-Bone. Looking foward to see ing everybody there. Some I already know and some I hope to meet.

Hey Jim, did he let you see a list of the 66 teams? I emailed him asking and his answer was "you can see a list when you get here". I was not impressed.

spicewine
04-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Sounds like the weather is going to be crappy!! We are bringing the Fire Pit. Who's bringing the marshmallows??

Skip: Sounds like a good night for your famous Coffee!!

Best of luck to all of the Brothers!!! Let's do some Walkin' this weekend!!

beam boys bbq
04-09-2007, 07:28 PM
i was told running water is this not true ?????
york

beam boys bbq
04-09-2007, 07:46 PM
just call bruce no running water son of a b ---------
dam dam dam
york

Jeff_in_KC
04-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Sounds like the weather is going to be crappy!! We are bringing the Fire Pit. Who's bringing the marshmallows??

Skip: Sounds like a good night for your famous Coffee!!

Best of luck to all of the Brothers!!! Let's do some Walkin' this weekend!!

From what I just watched on the local weather, crappy may be an understatement! They said a good possiblity of strong storms, some of them severe. :roll: Kinda wish this was on pavement but oh well... ya make do and persevere! :wink:

Jeff_in_KC
04-09-2007, 10:28 PM
just call bruce no running water

Put out a rain barrel... from the sound of things, water won't be a problem! :shock:

River City Smokehouse
04-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Hey Jim, did he let you see a list of the 66 teams? I emailed him asking and his answer was "you can see a list when you get here". I was not impressed.

I did not ask for the fear of getting that kind of response. I was born and raised in this town and have never known Bruce til now. I will be there Friday morning around 8 am and I'll ask then if you want to PM your cell to me I will call you and tell you.

River City Smokehouse
04-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Here is the local stations weather. Can't always go by it though. They get it wrong just as much as they get it right. I'm be optimistic here. Looks like a 40% chance of rain both days. That means there is a 60% chance it won't rain at all.

http://www.krcg.com/weather/images/uploaded/jpg/468x351x1/Web5day.jpg

Mooner
04-10-2007, 09:39 AM
From what I just watched on the local weather, crappy may be an understatement! They said a good possiblity of strong storms, some of them severe. :roll: Kinda wish this was on pavement but oh well... ya make do and persevere! :wink:

Once that 1/4 inch steel gets up to 225 i'll just park my fat arse on the firebox and stay dry. :-P

spicewine
04-10-2007, 12:16 PM
We kind of like it when it rains!! :twisted:

Mooner
04-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Just picked up 80lbs of hardwood lump at Smoke N Fire, or should I say smoke n there your money goes. Farkin expensive that place, 50 farkin dollars or about $.75 a lump! :evil:

beam boys bbq
04-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Just picked up 80lbs of hardwood lump at Smoke N Fire, or should I say smoke n there your money goes. Farkin expensive that place, 50 farkin dollars or about $.75 a lump! :evil:

you payed what for 80 lb of lump??????

i buy 40 lb bags for 10.00 if you need some let me know i am going over there to marrow or wed

york

Pig Up & Go
04-10-2007, 03:40 PM
At expense of being unknowing, just where is the Jeff City cook-off located ? Maybe I can come down and at least watch you Guys & Gals having a blast, burning all that wood..

:biggrin::biggrin:

River City Smokehouse
04-10-2007, 03:46 PM
At my normal espense of being stupid, just where is the Jeff City cook-off located ? Maybe I can come down and at least watch you Guys & Gals having a blast, burning all that wood..

Jefferson City, Missouri. Right in the center of the state, well.....almost...kinda.

beam boys bbq
04-10-2007, 03:48 PM
take 63 south to jeff then turn on hwy 50 east to captal mall exit turn L about one 1/2 mile on left
york

Pig Up & Go
04-10-2007, 03:53 PM
take 63 south to jeff then turn on hwy 50 east to captal mall exit turn L about one 1/2 mile on left
york

Thanks for the directions....Did you mean 50 WEST to mall ??

Fitz: Yes I figured Jeff City already

Fredbird
04-10-2007, 04:15 PM

The contest is being held at the Fairgrounds. Hope to see you there!
Stop by for a liquid refreshment if you get the chance!:-D

Jeff_in_KC
04-10-2007, 06:23 PM
I don't suppose anyone has seen a map or know who is next to whom for this? I guess it doesn't matter really.

Jim, no I'll just wait til I get there. no need of having to make a phone call. If I can wait til Friday, what's another hour? We SHOULD be there by 9 or at the latest, 9:30 AM. But thanks for the offer.

River City Smokehouse
04-10-2007, 06:40 PM

Directions: Hwy. 50 west, take the Capital Mall/Country Club Drive exit. Make a left at the top of the ramp and follow on out about 1 1/2 miles. You will go through a residential area and a school zone. Go past the school zone about 1/2 to 3/4 mile. The Cole County Fairgrounds will be on your left. No way you can miss it. If you get lost feel free to call my cell and I can talk you in. I will be back in town by 7:30 am and hope to be out there around 8 or 8:30am to begin setting up my site. My number is 573-230-9174 ~Fitz

Mooner
04-10-2007, 07:07 PM
you payed what for 80 lb of lump??????

i buy 40 lb bags for 10.00 if you need some let me know i am going over there to marrow or wed

york

$25.00 a bag for 40 lb bag. I mean it's literally the best stuff. Chunks are huge but it's still expensive.

Mooner
04-10-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't suppose anyone has seen a map or know who is next to whom for this? I guess it doesn't matter really.

Jim, no I'll just wait til I get there. no need of having to make a phone call. If I can wait til Friday, what's another hour? We SHOULD be there by 9 or at the latest, 9:30 AM. But thanks for the offer.

Jeff, im plannin on bein there about this time also. maybe we can all get close spots next to each other.

Greatgrills
04-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Jeff, im plannin on bein there about this time also. maybe we can all get close spots next to each other.

I think that the spots are already assigned..But that might be just for the buck a bone contest and cookers. I know that we already have an assigned area.

spicewine
04-10-2007, 08:26 PM
I just found out that my assigned spot was right next to the beer cooler!!:lol:

beam boys bbq
04-10-2007, 08:33 PM

o crap are we going to have another american royal spice

we went to the royal last year to see everyone and walked around with team Q friday night none of them rember us at all night:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Greatgrills
04-10-2007, 08:37 PM

I know where I am going to be:lol: :lol:

SloppyQ
04-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Mark, Becky or River City is there any other good grocery stores other than Schnucks and can I get to the fairgrounds if I'm coming in off C Hwy without going to 54 and then to 50 then backtracking.

beam boys bbq
04-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Mark, Becky or River City is there any other good grocery stores other than Schnucks and can I get to the fairgrounds if I'm coming in off C Hwy without going to 54 and then to 50 then backtracking.
there is hyve over by the mall in jeff

Greatgrills
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM

There is Schultes Fresh Foods which is just up from C on Southridge. What is it that you are going to need?

Solidkick
04-10-2007, 09:11 PM

STAY AWAY FROM THE KEG!! :tongue:

SloppyQ
04-10-2007, 09:11 PM
There is Schultes Fresh Foods which is just up from C on Southridge. What is it that you are going to need?

Good fresh produce for garnish, sometimes we have trouble getting fresh and decent looking lettuce and parsley aroung here. HyVee is normally ok but it's out of the way that we are coming. Beam Boys says there is a HyVee by the mall, is it good.

Greatgrills
04-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Good fresh produce for garnish, sometimes we have trouble getting fresh and decent looking lettuce and parsley aroung here. HyVee is normally ok but it's out of the way that we are coming. Beam Boys says there is a HyVee by the mall, is it good.

Its ok. They have just done a complete remodel so the parking is not that good. Last we look at the produce(last week) they did not have a lot to choose from..We usually get ours from Schultes.

SloppyQ
04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks for help, will have cold drinks, lets raise one Friday and I hope it stays dry.

Fredbird
04-11-2007, 07:46 AM

Sounds like we got our usual site!:biggrin:

River City Smokehouse
04-11-2007, 08:36 AM
NOAA has the chance of Tstorms for Friday at 90% and Friday night at 70%. Might be hard selling ribs Friday night. Bummer:frown:

ChipotlePat
04-11-2007, 08:45 AM
I rented one of the barns for my parrty so the whether will not efect me. but most all of the tickes are gone so I they still will come out and try the ribs.

Mooner
04-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Sounds like we got our usual site!:biggrin:

How are you guys finding out about site placement? Are you calling Bruce or is it posted on the website?

Fredbird
04-11-2007, 09:39 AM
How are you guys finding out about site placement? Are you calling Bruce or is it posted on the website?

I was kidding with Spice about being next to the cooler.

I'm sure someone will be at the entrance to the fairgrounds that will let us know where our site is.

ChipotlePat
04-11-2007, 10:36 AM
They layed it out last night where we will be but I asked for my spot bucuse I need a big area for my party and I am know where I am at I new that thay had a barn that was not being used so I rented it for my party.

lazyjacres
04-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Norton and I are at the end of one of the rows is all I know. Probably at the end of the drainage ditch so we can collect all of Team Q's extra beer that comes floating down.
I hope the farking rain stays away, but it doesen't look like we're gonna be that lucky. Batten down the hatches..........

Fredbird
04-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Norton and I are at the end of one of the rows is all I know. Probably at the end of the drainage ditch so we can collect all of Team Q's extra beer that comes floating down.
I hope the farking rain stays away, but it doesen't look like we're gonna be that lucky. Batten down the hatches..........

Why would they put Norton at the end of the row?:rolleyes:

Team Q never has extra beer. It's all gone by the end of the contest. That's how we know when to go home!:biggrin:

You're right about the rain. Bring your rain gear! I bought an extra piece of astroturf to put by our prep tables so wouldn't be standing in a mudhole by the end the contest, hopefully!:eek:

See ya there!!!

Solidkick
04-11-2007, 04:21 PM

You cooking with old drippy britches?? Now I KNOW why your at the end of the row.......take extra towels and wipes, and change of clothes wouldn't hurt either.....:eek:

River City Smokehouse
04-11-2007, 05:50 PM
I was just checking the new udated forecast for Jeff City and it looks like the rain is still possible but they say accumilating snow is more likely Friday night but won't stick for long because the ground is too warm. Here is the layout of the forecast as of tonight. Bring your hot chocolate, snapps, and long handles.
Friday, April 13, 2007

High: 46 Low: 38
Friday: Cloudy, breezy & cool with showers likely. A few T-storms are possible.

Friday Night:
Rain could turn to snow briefly Saturday morning. Accumulating snow is possible...but it won't last long because the ground is too warm.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

High: 47 Low: 37
Saturday: Rain will linger through the midday.

Greatgrills
04-11-2007, 06:46 PM
You cooking with old drippy britches?? Now I KNOW why your at the end of the row.......take extra towels and wipes, and change of clothes wouldn't hurt either.....:eek:

LOL:-P :-P :-P Now that there is FUNNY

Jeff_in_KC
04-11-2007, 11:42 PM
This is kinda funny... nine farkin pages in this thread and the contest hasn't even taken place yet! :lol: Are we just a little anxious to get the ball rolling or what? :wink:

EDIT - Well heck, that made it ten!

Mooner
04-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Anyone looked at the weather in Jeff City recently? Just curious if it's any better than the farkin snow we were supposed to get as of yesterday.

River City Smokehouse
04-12-2007, 03:43 PM
I've been out at the fairgrounds most all day. Things are moving around out there in a pretty fast pace. Smokin Triggers and someone else who has a pit that is like Triggers(only blue) is already there. I got the motorhome in place and will go out and finish after work in the morning first thing. It is very windy coming out of the west at about 25-30 mph. It is pretty muddy out there in places (most all places) so be prepared. At least it is drying out a bit today. The sun is out for now but I hear it is going to disappear soon for a few days. There is a couple of barns with stalls that Greg Bowman said folks could set up it if the want (first come first serve). It has a dirt floor so if it rains I'm sure it might get pretty messy in there. If you want to set up in there then I'd ask for Greg Bowman or tell Bruce Greg mentioned it. The stalls are only like 12'x12' but they are close to the bathrooms and next to the judging area. The generator company was out there setting the plants and they got a forklift buried up past the axles. I pulled it out for them and they are saying the electric will not come online til about noon tomorrow.
http://www.krcg.com/weather/images/uploaded/jpg/468x351x1/Web5day.jpg?w=250

Jeff_in_KC
04-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I can seriously see smokers getting buried in mud all over the farkin place. SHEESH! This might be a battle of wills... us vs. the elements.

HoDeDo
04-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Yea, yea... we'll just need snow plows out in Osage City!! :o)

Weather Channel Girl statement: " With temps 20 degrees below average, The rain and wind will make for a cold, wet, and raw day. By mid evening, rain with turn to snow with 3 inches expected by 8am Sat. "

Jeff_in_KC
04-12-2007, 10:46 PM
At least you're on pavement Andy! I am almost wishing I'd gone west instead of east! LOL!

DeanC
04-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Heard that Pellet Envy took grand and Quau was reserve. I haven't seen the overalls, congrats to all that walked. You all should get trophys for putting up with the weather, I am anxious to hear the story's.

Jeff_in_KC
04-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Unbelieveable how horrible it was! I'm guessing there wasn't 6 to 7 hours the entire time that it wasn't snowing or raining. We had rain, thunder, lightning, sleet, snow, strong winds and LOTS of cold!! I told Phil (the KCBS rep) that we all should get an "I Survived the Capital City Cook Off" t-shirt for our efforts! It was amazing... 66 teams entered and 65 teams turned in from what I saw. We didn't get a call but I know I nailed my pork big time and didn't finish top ten. Oh well, at least we're back out there! Congrats to all the Brethren who walked! I just wish we would have had more time to hook up and have some fun... the weather kinda kept most of us limited to our camps. Maybe next time...

Gary, GREAT call to stay at home for this one!

By the way... we finished 25th out of 66 entries. Decent in that field, no doubt.

stan
04-14-2007, 09:29 PM
I am sooooo glad I did not go down for the comp!! Congrats to all Brothers!

The_Kapn
04-15-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm with DeanC on this--everyone who even toughed it out and turned in all 4 is a "winner".

One for the memory books, for sure.

TIM

Solidkick
04-15-2007, 08:00 AM
T and I sure hated having so many friends as close as Jeff City and not getting to see them, but we figured with the elements that most would be under some sort of hard cover (motor home, camper) and we weren't going to track crap into people's posessions just so we could say Hi. We got all season to meet up with you guys again......and drink Becky's beer....

Congrats to ALL that braved the elements...and congrats to all that walked....I'm sure more results will come in throughout the day......

SloppyQ
04-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Got home around 7:00 last night, dead tired and dirty showered and went straight to bed. Now it's time to clean up the mess from that quagmire. I'm glad we had the travel trailer at least we could get out of the eliments those that couldn't had it rough. All in all we had a good time, got to meet some new friends, Chic and Pig, Beam Boys. Bad Boys, Bubba and Jeff ( Bubba what a piece of work, great guy and thanks for the pointer it paid off.), didn't get to meet Ulcer Acres but will make it a point next time. Congrats to all that walked and congrats to all that even made through this one. Someone post the results I don't know how usless I type it manually. Gotta do some clean up now.

Jeff_in_KC
04-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Lee... BRO! Second place in pork! That was awesome! Good job!!

Here's the top tens:

OVERALL:
1. Pellet Envy
2. Quau
3. Toad Hollar
4. Buffalo's BBQ
5. Natural Born Grillers
6. Smokin Guns
7. Smokin Triggers
8. Joey Mac's Smoke Stax
9. In Deep Sauce
10. Sweet Chipotle BBQ

CHICKEN:
1. Sweet Chipotle BBQ
2. Bubba and Jeff's BBQ
3. In Deep Sauce
4. Bibs and Ribs
5. Buffalo's BBQ
6. Racoon Flats
7. Quau
8. Rock River BBQ
9. Dr. Porkenstein
10. Smokin Clones BBQ

RIBS:
1. Pellet Envy
2. Joey Mac's Smoke Stax
3. Sweet Chipotle BBQ
4. Jerry King
5. Moonswiners
6. Toad Hollar
7. Quau
8. Smokin Triggers
9. Dr. Porkenstein
10. Yellow Jacket BBQ

PORK:
1. Pellet Envy
2. Sloppy's Backwoods Smokers
3. Hammer Boys Tage Team
4. Shigs-N-Pitt
5. Natural Born Grillers
6. Smokin Guns
7. Smokin Clones BBQ
8. Texas Q
9. Quau
10. Ulcer Acres

BRISKET:
1. Fast Eddy's
2. Natural Born Grillers
3. Toad Hollar
4. Buffalo's BBQ
5. Come N Git It
6. Rock River BBQ
7. Smokin Triggers
8. Set It and Forget It
9. The Wizards of Que
10. Moonswiners

spicewine
04-15-2007, 11:22 AM
What a MESS!!! The weater really sucked!! Almost as much as our scores!! Not a god weekend for Team Q. We were very happy with our turn ins but failed to make it to the right tables . 9-8-9 and then a 5-5-5 on Chicken!! Something wrong there. We will not be changeing a thing for Marshal. Good to see all of the Brothers!! Bubba caught himself on fire!! Burned a big Farkin hole in his T-Shirt.:lol: :lol: :lol: . Glad you weren't hurt Brother!! Bad Boys were busy stomping around in the biggest mud hole I have ever seen!! Hot shower and a nice warm bed were our reward this time. Congrats to all that walked!! See some of you in Marshal next weekend.

Spice

lazyjacres
04-15-2007, 11:30 AM
What a miserable weekend, but we were happy with our results.
2nd place brisket
5th place pork
27th place ribs
28th place chicken
5th place overall
We'll take that for the years maiden voyage any day.
Now down to all full days work cleaning up the muddy mess.

Our next sanctioned event will be the Shrine Club Contest in Columbia, May 11th & 12th. There are still spots for a few more teams. I hope to see you there.

Jeff_in_KC
04-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Here's a few shots of the mess at our camp. The plastic carpet stuff you see was pretty much invisible for the mud and water by the time we started packing up to go after the turn in's. we left them for the trash, along with my foam floor pads in another shot. The "river" behind us was right near the power coards and at one point saturday evening, the power box was under water. we didn't lose power thought. The electric guys said they were water proof.

Doorbusters
04-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Are you laying any odds on the drinking contest? If so, count me in!

Hey Jeff, thanks for jinxing us!! I had fun drinking with you guys. I think your prediction was CRAZY! Everybody knows that Mark is gonna take this one!!! But I bet Bub and I will win the drinkin' contest.. By the way, what is up with my partner getting a little frisky with the betting? You would think he would be as tired of giving our money away as I am!!!!

Plowboy
04-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Wow, what a mess. Hope it was a load of fun anyway. With all those Brethren, it had to be. Congrats all who walked.

Mooner
04-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I just want to say we were set up next to Spice and his gang all weekend and what a great bunch of guys. I'll tell you the weather farkin sucked but I couldn't have picked a better bunch of brethren to be miserable with. Big Creek, Beam Boys and Sloppy also came over to hang out. We all had a hell of a time! I think I may have some pics of the mudpit so I'll post em if I find a good one. 15th in ribs though! Not too bad considering El Nino' came by for a visit. :twisted:

BBQPrincess
04-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Everyone is to be commended for hanging in there this weekend. Gee, to work under such wet, cold, water-standing and muddy conditions sure did demonstrate a ton of loyalty...hats off to each of you that were out there. One way to look at it is that perhaps ya have the worse behind you now. Good luck to you as you continue competing :o)

spicewine
04-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Can't complain!! our cooker was humming along at about 230 from 10:00 am. Friday morning to 1:00 pm. Saturday afternoon on only 4 bags of charcoal. Got to meet Fast Eddie ( FEC Cookers) and Bill Arnold ( Blues Hog BBQ) Had a chance to share some thoughts and Ideas. Very good time for me. Chilpotle Pat beat me with my own cooker!! I guess I didn't party enough the night before!! Too focused is a bad thing!! Oh well!! There is always another contest somewhere.

Spice

Meat Burner
04-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Proud of all of you....I'm just a backyard guy learning but know that had to be a tough outing!

spicewine
04-15-2007, 08:24 PM
You need to " Pit Bitch" for a Brethren Pro Team sometime!! The Back Yard will never be the same again!! ? Well worth the trip up to a contest!! A wealth of knowledge in one weekend!! BTW -- If you snore louder than us---You sleep outside!!

Spice

Jeff_in_KC
04-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Can't complain!! our cooker was humming along at about 230 from 10:00 am. Friday morning to 1:00 pm. Saturday afternoon on only 4 bags of charcoal. Got to meet Fast Eddie ( FEC Cookers) and Bill Arnold ( Blues Hog BBQ) Had a chance to share some thoughts and Ideas. Very good time for me. Chilpotle Pat beat me with my own cooker!! I guess I didn't party enough the night before!! Too focused is a bad thing!! Oh well!! There is always another contest somewhere.

Spice

Jay, can't remember if I told you or not but my cooker was locked the fark right in between 220 and 225 most of the night in the snow and cold arse wind! I was impressed! Don't know what I did differently other than to burn more wood than usual and less charcoal. Most of the time, I had a wind coming from the back of my cooker (hitch end) so it didn't blow into the doors.

ChipotlePat
04-15-2007, 09:21 PM

Spice
yes I we left for the bars at 11:30 to be a little wormer and I passed out when I got back and forgot to put meat on and woke up at 6:30 and still got her it all done. I was just happy to get it all done. I was not focused it was the spice wine that saved me.

Bubba
04-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Got home around 7:00 last night, dead tired and dirty showered and went straight to bed. Now it's time to clean up the mess from that quagmire. I'm glad we had the travel trailer at least we could get out of the eliments those that couldn't had it rough. All in all we had a good time, got to meet some new friends, Chic and Pig, Beam Boys. Bad Boys, Bubba and Jeff ( Bubba what a piece of work, great guy and thanks for the pointer it paid off.), didn't get to meet Ulcer Acres but will make it a point next time. Congrats to all that walked and congrats to all that even made through this one. Someone post the results I don't know how usless I type it manually. Gotta do some clean up now.
Lee glad to meet you and Dave wish the weather would have been better. Would you help me out on remembering what the pointer was i gave you, because we scored BAD in pork. Guess the SOMETIMERS is getting worse LOL. You guys did a great job!!!

spicewine
04-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Bubba is the KEEPER OF THE FLAME!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: