PDA

View Full Version : KCBS Logo Art

Plowboy
03-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Can one of the KCBS Board Members or contest organizers chime in with what the rules are for using the new KCBS logo and how one can acquire the artwork? Seeing it used all over the BullSheet. I'd like to add it to our team banner and shirts.

I also talked to Craig Kidwell of Kookers Kare this weekend and we are getting the KK artwork from Larry King. I want to add KCBS Member and KK Supporter on our banner.

Sawdustguy
03-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Todd,

I have a copy of the artwork. Shoot me a PM.

Merl
03-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Todd,
As of February 14, 2007, the board voted to terminate negotiations with MMA the marketing firm. KCBS has not acquired the rights to the logo created and owned by MMA. While I disagree with the present use, it is legal for KCBS to use the logo without damages until MMA sends a cease and desist letter. At that point in time, KCBS would be liable for damages for it's continued use.

With that being said, there is another Board meeting this Friday. New decisions may or may not be made, which could effect the use of the Logo.

Sorry I cannot give you a definitive answer at this time. That is the best information I can give to you.

Yours in BBQ
Merl

Paola Greg
03-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Merl, I don't know the in's and out's of the negotiations or agreements made between the board and MMA and don't care to. But, I would think the association would owe for the design of the logo irregardless of whether it decides to use it or not; I personally like the logo; and I hope the board decides to adopt it and use it, whether or not they decide to retain MMA for any further marketing work for our association.

Greg

Sawdustguy
03-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Can one of the KCBS Board Members or contest organizers chime in with what the rules are for using the new KCBS logo and how one can acquire the artwork? Seeing it used all over the BullSheet. I'd like to add it to our team banner and shirts.

I also talked to Craig Kidwell of Kookers Kare this weekend and we are getting the KK artwork from Larry King. I want to add KCBS Member and KK Supporter on our banner.

You have email.

bcis93
03-16-2007, 08:42 AM
I would like it as well. I will PM you.

HoDeDo
03-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Interesting info Merl. I'm suprised KCBS launched the logo to the public without owning the rights to it. Since MMA Presented it at the Banquet, I would think that they would have to work with KCBS to get it retracted.

I would like to think that even if negotiations have broken down, that there would an amiable solution in the near future.

Thanks for the information - let us know what the outcome is.