PDA

View Full Version : NKC Contest

Greatgrills
03-02-2007, 10:06 PM
The contest is next weekend...So lets see who all is going..Wish that we could go. Cant go to cook but maybe we could go to hang out. Anyone need any help?

Jeff_in_KC
03-03-2007, 12:52 AM
I would be judging again but unfortunately I'll be about 3,000 miles away next weekend. :wink:

Bubba
03-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Bubba and Jeff's BBQ will be there, Mark and Becky stop bye and say hi Saturday.

Ulcer Acres
03-03-2007, 07:28 AM
I am going to be out there for work. So I am spending Friday and Saturday helping out SmokinClones

SP
03-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Not cooking, but I will probably be lurking around.

Ponderosa BBQ
03-03-2007, 03:20 PM
The moester will be there sipping green brews and mingling about see ya there!

Plowboy
03-03-2007, 03:26 PM
No cooking, but might stop out Friday night.

Kung Fu BBQ
03-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I'll be pacing the grounds. fly your banner high so i know who to gice the secret handshake to.

Freda's Redneck BBQ
03-03-2007, 07:49 PM
We will be there. We're following "In Deep Sauce" up Friday morning. Sounds like the weather is going to warm up a little for us.

Plowboy
03-03-2007, 08:10 PM
We will be there. We're following "In Deep Sauce" up Friday morning. Sounds like the weather is going to warm up a little for us.

Get them to join the Brethren. We love visiting with them at comps. This is the team from Alma, right? Good people.

Freda's Redneck BBQ
03-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Yes they are. Anybody coming to the Marshall comp, it's my hometown.

scottyd
03-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Plow boy I have a paid entry for NKC if you want to cook you can have Mine, I am picking my new trailer up that weekend instead of cookilng, the darn storms messed things up. so if you want a free entry let me know. orther wise it is just going to be wasted. let me know.

Scotty D

605-770-7730

Plowboy
03-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Plow boy I have a paid entry for NKC if you want to cook you can have Mine, I am picking my new trailer up that weekend instead of cookilng, the darn storms messed things up. so if you want a free entry let me know. orther wise it is just going to be wasted. let me know.

Scotty D

605-770-7730

WOW, Scotty! What an offer. Let me talk to Randy and I'll call you this afternoon. I'm free this Friday and Sat, so I'll probably take you up on the offer.

DeanC
03-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Didn't compete, but had a great time watching the longest parade in history and sampling some great bbq. Didn't stick around for the awards but I heard Twin Oaks Smoking Crew took grand and BBQweiser was Reserve. Approximately 98 teams, congrats to all.

River City Smokehouse
03-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Congratulations Bubba and Jeff on your two calls and a fifth place out of 98 teams! :lol:

PigBoy
03-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Good Job Bubba and Jeff! See you down the road!

spicewine
03-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Bubba & Jeff: We at Team Q are all so glad that you didn't give up and kept pushing on!!! You will be a Force to be recconed with this season. Best of luck!! Hope to see you all soon!!! Jay & Team Q

HoDeDo
03-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Bubba and Jeff - Great way to start the season guys!! Can't wait to be out in the fray with ya. This is gonna be your year!

Plowboy
03-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Didn't compete, but had a great time watching the longest parade in history and sampling some great bbq. Didn't stick around for the awards but I heard Twin Oaks Smoking Crew took grand and BBQweiser was Reserve. Approximately 98 teams, congrats to all.

Wish you would have stopped by to say hi. Or maybe you did and we weren't there.

Bubba and Jeff, you guys rock! Was that Jeff's son who got a call in Kid's Que. I had a little too much vodka in my system at that point. Waiting an extra hour for awards was not put to good use. :wink:

Plowboy
03-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Did anyone get anything other than individual scores? We heard that we were 39th overall, but don't know about how we positioned with each category.

The scores were as eratic as we'd heard they would be. In chicken, we got a 4 in presentation and a 4 in taste form one judge and the rest were 6-9 if I recall right.

Regardless of how we placed, we had a good time. This year is going to be so much fun. We know so many more people this year that we had people dropping into our camp and vice versa all weekend.

It was especially cool to see Mark and Becky (GreatGrills) and Scott (ScottD) who drove a few hours just to hang out at the contest.

Scott, we can't thank you enough for the generous gift of the free entry. We didn't do you proud, but we tried. Instead of paying you back, we'll look for a way to pay it forward somehow to another team in the future. See you at Sugar Creek.

DeanC
03-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Wish you would have stopped by to say hi. Or maybe you did and we weren't there.

Bubba and Jeff, you guys rock! Was that Jeff's son who got a call in Kid's Que. I had a little too much vodka in my system at that point. Waiting an extra hour for awards was not put to good use. :wink:

I looked around for you in a couple of the parking lots, I didn't realize that there were other one's a couple of blocks away.

MoKanMeathead
03-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Bubba and Jeff - You guys Rock!! You are picking up right where you left off last year - practice does pay huh?

Plowboy
03-12-2007, 08:16 AM
I looked around for you in a couple of the parking lots, I didn't realize that there were other one's a couple of blocks away.

Yup, it was way spread out. I think we were a good 3 blocks from Bubba and Jeff.

scottyd
03-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Did anyone get anything other than individual scores? We heard that we were 39th overall, but don't know about how we positioned with each category.

The scores were as eratic as we'd heard they would be. In chicken, we got a 4 in presentation and a 4 in taste form one judge and the rest were 6-9 if I recall right.

Regardless of how we placed, we had a good time. This year is going to be so much fun. We know so many more people this year that we had people dropping into our camp and vice versa all weekend.

It was especially cool to see Mark and Becky (GreatGrills) and Scott (ScottD) who drove a few hours just to hang out at the contest.

Scott, we can't thank you enough for the generous gift of the free entry. We didn't do you proud, but we tried. Instead of paying you back, we'll look for a way to pay it forward somehow to another team in the future. See you at Sugar Creek.

Glad you had fun, it was good to see you guys, we had a blast and hey we got to Judge at NKC and it was ok but thats all I am saying about that. Yes we will see you in Sugar Creek. I will also be in Osage city Ks also.

With picking up the new trailer last weekend we will be busy getting the smoker mounted and finishing off the inside of the darn thing. I think we will get the smoker mounted this weekend. the rest will be down hill. good luck down the road.

Scotty D's Built For BBQ

SP
03-12-2007, 08:40 PM
http://www.kcbs.us/bbq_contest_results/2007/03_10_2007_north_kansas_city_mo.php
All I've seen.

Chick'n Pig BBQ
03-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Congratulations Bubba and Jeff.
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubba
03-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks guys for all the kind words.

Jeff_in_KC
03-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Just got home from Hawaii and saw that result... congrats Bubba and Jeff! Great way to start the season!

Mooner
03-13-2007, 10:00 PM
If you go to www.northlandfestivals.com (http://www.northlandfestivals.com) it will give you the overall results. We didn't do real well overall but we did get 13th in pork! :0)

Jeff@KC
03-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Thank you guys a ton for all of the nice things, and yes that was my boy that got 2nd in the kid Q!! He was excited...

Fredbird
03-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I remember the two wet, downtrodden guys at Warsaw last year. Now this year you start out kicking arse!

Great job Bubba and Jeff!

scottyd
03-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Thank you guys a ton for all of the nice things, and yes that was my boy that got 2nd in the kid Q!! He was excited...

Well I saw the young lad he was way too excited, great job! we are all going to have to much competition from the young ones coming up.

So just what did he make??

Scotty D

Jeff@KC
03-14-2007, 08:11 PM
They all cooked the same thing, Chicken wings. Thank you for recognizing the kids. I know that it means alot to them..