PDA

View Full Version : anything but

big blue bbq
02-22-2007, 12:11 PM
The Red Neck BBQ in Sikeston Mo has a anything but category. It is a Friday night and free to enter. Two Questions- Should I even try this since this is my first comp. What are some of the dishes that have worked for you guys in other comps for a category like this.

Thanks,

larry

SP
02-22-2007, 12:19 PM
If you feel comfortable doing it. Since its free and doesn't go to the overall if you say forget it at the last second its no real big deal. I have done well with fish. Trout to be more specific.

ole'e
02-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Deserts tend to do well.
Eric

MoKanMeathead
02-22-2007, 01:31 PM
I have heard that Lemon pie sometimes does well

Jorge
02-22-2007, 02:26 PM
The Red Neck BBQ in Sikeston Mo has a anything but category. It is a Friday night and free to enter. Two Questions- Should I even try this since this is my first comp. What are some of the dishes that have worked for you guys in other comps for a category like this.

Thanks,

larry

Give it a shot if it won't interfere with your prep work etc...

ole'e
02-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Mokhan shhhh!! Don't give away my secret weapon!

Ron_L
02-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Since it's Friday night it shouldn't interfere with the KCBS categories, so I say go for it. As far as ideas, some guys have had success with a pork loin stuffed with a fatty (I think it's in the KCQuer Roadmap in the Qtalk forum.

We took 2nd place in the Anything But at the Racine, WI Zoo-B-Que with this...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g30/ciret/Zoo-B-Que/DSCN1560.jpg

It was a themed Anything But in that we had two use tow out of three, beer, cheese or brats. We made brat kebabs with a beer-mustard glaze.