PDA

View Full Version : Nice Price on a First Up (EZ-Up clone)

Spydermike72
02-11-2007, 06:56 AM
I picked up a First up at Wally's yesterday for $74.00. I figure for that price if I make through one year I have made out. Anybody have any expeirence with one in regards to quality and ease of use ??

Sawdustguy
02-11-2007, 09:10 AM
There are a number of different model EZ-UP canopies out there. We use the Express II. We paid $189 at BJ's. There are several models of EZ-UP lower than that. I can tell you with experience that on a windy day, the Express II gets blown around pretty good and it is pretty heavy steel. There are some light weight models out there but on windy day they don't do well. I don't know which EZ-UP your model matches up with but good luck with your canopy as that price is a steal.

River City Smokehouse
02-12-2007, 05:57 AM
There is another name that the "First UP" is known for. It is also called the "First Down". I know some who have had this same tent. My advice is, tie it down really good and it will last a contest longer. They are definitely weak. I don't mean to sound negative about your new find, but I've seen them in action.

Q Haven
02-12-2007, 06:07 AM
We bought a First Up tent for our first competition. It was a windy day in Rhode Island, and the tent wasn't standing for more than a half hour before it was snapped by the wind. Two of us had to stand there and hold the tent down while my wife went to Home Depot to buy equipment to repair it.

The best part was at the end of the competition, we couldn't even close the thing, so four of us lifted the thing up and carried it to the nearest dumpster. We now have two EZ-Up Express 2's. Much better product, worth the extra money in my opinion.

pigmaker23
02-12-2007, 05:07 PM
I agree with Ted, the E-Z up is by far the superior tent, the first up is good if your using it in the backyard on a nice day, it will not survive a monsoon or highwind, its way worth the extra $ when at 2:00 am a storm blows in and all your stuff is now getting rained on...

Greendriver
02-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Mine say's Encore II on it and was about 179 at Sam's - anyone know if this is good quality or not. Also I just ordered collapsible 5 gal water jugs that I hope will work to tie the thing down with (10 x 10 by the way).

Muzzlebrake
02-12-2007, 06:12 PM
the Encore II is a good tent, I just bought a couple myself.
I have found that any of those inexpensive light weight models are going to let you down no matter who makes it.
Usually happens just before the weather gets the worst so you are now trying to fix your tent just as mama nature really lets loose and reminds you of just who is boss.
I will skimp and save...... but not on the thing that keeps me sheltered

Sledneck
02-12-2007, 06:16 PM
I would like to get 2 of the ezups from sams but im too cheap

Jeff_in_KC
02-12-2007, 10:44 PM
I had a First Up I bought in 2005 for one comp and it broke in two places before we even got it completely up. Took it back to Wally World on monday and got my money back. I am planning on purchasing a couple of EZ Ups from Sam's before the season begins. I'm tired of struggling to put up and take down a 10x20 Hercules knock off week in and week out! I'll save that for contests where the weather calls for windier conditions.

Sledneck
02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
I have a white tent