PDA

View Full Version : Hudson Valley Ribfest '07 (8/18-19) NY

Pages : 1 [2]

timzcardz
08-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Congratulations to all of the Brethren.

This is the first year that I have misssed stopping by this competition to visit the Brethren and I missed hanging for a while, but I had another competition of sorts to go. My son took a 1st, 3-3rds and a 5th, all while on the back of a horse!

Nitrofly
08-20-2007, 03:17 AM
Congrates to all the Brethren.. Ique & Uncle Jed GC great job..
I'm sure glad everyone survived your dash with the foul weather..

Sledneck
08-20-2007, 05:26 AM
Overall, top quarter plus all Brethren teams:

(4+ hours drive home...#*%$&!!!)

I have to thank the nice people (ithink they were with champlain bbq) for giving me the back route out of there. It was really fast and not a car in sight. Took me only 2:15 to get home

The Anchorman
08-20-2007, 06:26 AM
I have to thank the nice people (ithink they were with champlain bbq) for giving me the back route out of there. It was really fast and not a car in sight. Took me only 2:15 to get home

We took that route also and was at Rte. 84 in NO time!

Q Haven
08-20-2007, 06:47 AM
We had a great time with all the Brethren in New Paltz, even though we laid an egg in the BBQ comp. We did get a couple of grilling calls so it was not a total loss. We had great neighbors with YankeeBBQ and I Smell Smoke! on one side and Big Dog BBQ on the other.

The comment cards...we got two. One said that they loved the flavor of the ribs, but the other was strange. It said something like "the brisket was not cut exactly perpindicular to the grain, but it otherwise had great flavor and was tender."

Not sure how that could have happened....

Regardless, we had a blast.....

MAsQue
08-20-2007, 06:51 AM
Chicken:

1. Smoken' Dudes
2. I Like Smoke-n-Lightning
3. Smoker's Delight
4. Fat Angel
5. Double "J" BBQ
6. Hawg Wild BBQ
7. I Smell Smoke
8. Full Throttle Smokin'B
9. Dirty Dick
10. Better BBQ Bureau
11. BBQBrethren.com
12. I Que
13. Anchormen
14. Purple Turtle
15. Bad Bones BBQ Crew
16. Big Dog BBQ
21. Muzzle Brake Outfitters
23. Ma's 'Que
25. Lost Nation
31. Two Fat Polocks
39. Q Haven
40. Que's Your Daddy
49. Team Big Barry

MAsQue
08-20-2007, 06:54 AM
Just out of morbid curiosity, was I the only fool (as my teammates lovingly informed me) who tried a non-dessert for the apple contest?

The Anchorman
08-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Congrats to Chris, Jamie, and Dave. Ique!
You still owe us that Big Green Egg for the rental of the EZ Ups!

rbsnwngs
08-20-2007, 07:20 AM
no tried something different for apple

YankeeBBQ
08-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Just out of morbid curiosity, was I the only fool (as my teammates lovingly informed me) who tried a non-dessert for the apple contest?

We did Jello Shots. I think we were 26th. Q Haven did a stuffed pork loin.

barfly
08-20-2007, 07:25 AM

we was framed i tell ya...

Cue's Your Daddy
08-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Will's apple turn in was to complex for the judges to really understand.

ique
08-20-2007, 07:32 AM
So after we do a basic site setup Friday evening we hit a bar in town for wings and beers and get a phone call that our site is, well, gone! Rush back and find our EZUPs have become a modern art installation. It really seemed that small tornado may have hit as there was a very distinct line of damage through the contest site.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with the site cleanup and especially to the Anchormen who had two new EZUPs sitting on site for us when we returned Sat AM for the grilling.

Great contest, sorry we didnt get around to visit more of the Brethren. We are on vacation until the American Royal!

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ecjejhart/ezdowns.jpg

Yakfishingfool
08-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Phil should hopefully be home but sleeping at this time. I had a great time competing with him and getting to walk both days was very exciting. Our DQ's were most unusual and I'll have to leave it at that...well...there was a slight wardrobe malfunction during the brisket turn in that ultimately may have cost us a much better placing than second to last. I'm exhausted and at work, bad back and all...very busy...few hours of sleep at most each night, not sure if I would enjoy it as a team on my own, but loved working with Phil and James. Will try to get box piks later. Scott

Big Dog Barbecue
08-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Overall:

GC - I Que
RGC - Dirty Dick
3. I Smell Smoke
4. Better BBQ Bureau
5. Vinegar Hill
6. Anchormen
7. Yankee BBQ Boys
8. Lost Nation
9. I Like Smoke-n-Lightning
10. Bad Bones BBQ Crew
11. Fat Angel BBQ
12. Ma's Que
13. Hog Heaven BBQ
14. Big Dog BBQ
15. Purple Turtle
22. Q Haven
31. Que's Your Daddy
42. Two Fat Polocks
43. Muzzle Brake Outfitters
47. Team Big Barry
56. BBQBrethren.com(DQ in Brisket entry)

(4+ hours drive home...#*%$&!!!)
[/quote]

SmokeInDaEye
08-20-2007, 09:49 AM

Did you beat Jack in pork?

MAsQue
08-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Overall:

14. Big Dog BBQ
[/quote]

Ooops. :icon_blush: Sorry about that. Did you know you're not listed in the list of teams? Neither is Muzzle Brake Outfitters, by the way, Sean...

Cue's Your Daddy
08-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Just want to say what a great time i had up at this contest. Nice to hang with all the brethren, some we already knew, some we had never met before. Congrats to IQUE, real good guys and well deserving. Didnt finish great(31st out of 58) but not to upset because of the fun we had, my dad competed with my brother and i so you cant beat that.I also am happy that we were able to conduct ourselves in a stupid, juvenile, and sophmoric manner as we were supposed to according to a certain blog, by a certain person from a certain state.(i didnt mention names phil which is okay right :) }

MAsQue
08-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Ribs:
1. Vinegar Hill
2. Lost Nation
3. Better BBQ Bureau
4. Ma's 'Que (our best ever rib finish!)
5. Uncle Jed's BBQ
6. I Que
7. Smoker's Delight
8. Big Dog BBQ
9. Champlain Pit Crew
10. Wine & Swine
11. Anchormen
12. Ribs Within
13. Fat Angel
14. Full Throttle Smokin' B
15. Man, a Woman and a Smoker
18. Bad Bones BBQ
19. I Like Smoke-n-Lightning
23. Muzzle Brake Outfitters
25. Q Haven
27. BBQBrethren.com
33. I Smell Smoke
36. Purple Turtle
38. Que's Your Daddy
43. Team Big Barry
44. Two Fat Polocks

MAsQue
08-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Pork:
1. I Que
2. Dirty Dick
3. Yankee BBQ Boys
4. BBQBrethren.com
5. Smoke Rise Smokers
6. Cork 'n' Pork
7. Vinegar Hill
8. I Smell Smoke
9. Purple Turtle
10. Bad Bones BBQ
11. Lost Nation
12. Lo-N-Slo BBQ
13. Baba's BBQ
14. Big Dog BBQ
15. Yabba Dabba Que
18. Q Haven
23. I Like Smoke-n-Lightning
27. Anchormen
32. Que's Your Daddy
33. Ma's Que
41. Two Fat Polocks
44. Team Big Barry
55. Muzzle Brake Outfitters

MAsQue
08-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Brisket:
1. I Smell Smoke
2. Anchormen
3. I Que
4. Dirty Dick
5. Yabba Dabba Que
6. Yankee BBQ Boys
7. Wine & Swine
8. Smoke Rise Smokers
9. Hog Heaven BBQ
10. Better BBQ Bureau
11. Vinegar Hill
12. I Like Smoke-n-Lightning
13. Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ
14. Fat Angel BBQ
15. Ma's Que
19. Bad Bones BBQ
21. Lost Nation
23. Que's Your Daddy
25. Two Fat Polocks
30. Purple Turtle
33. Team Big Barry
36. Q Haven
40. Muzzle Brake Outfitters
45. Big Dog BBQ
57. BBQBrethren.com(DQ)

BBQchef33
08-20-2007, 10:57 AM
We did 11th in chicken, 26th in ribs(farkin ribs sucked, so I was surprised), our pork was an all new recipe(Rub), new technique and presentation was VERY risky(IMHO) and it took 4th..

Team was me, yakfishingfool and my son james. i tried to get Scott(yak) bitten by the bug. .he had his hands in everything... Lets see if he comes back to the next contest. :) Next time.. NO GRILLING!! Takes to much attention and tires ya out when you can be relaxing and partying instead. Anyway... the...

DQ in Brisket.. Oh well.. james got to the window 40 seconds late.. so it wasnt even close.. he left our site just as our clocked flipped 1:34. We knew we were close, but not deadly close. James said its about a 15 second dash to the window, so we figured we were ok..

its all all due to us messing around to much.. briskets were all done by 11 and we were ahead of ourseles during most of the turnins.

We did 3 briskets. one was like the botton of my shoes. One mediocre(pulled apart to easy) and one was kick ass.. (keep in mind, we usually place somewhere in top 10 in brisket.. I stick to only one way of doing them).. so anyway.. We spent time rolling our eyes around as we sampled it. it was farkign GOD EATS!.

So, after finally decided which of the 3 to use, we run into during slicing, alot of work to get the slices to fit the box the way we wanted them to present.. By accident, we discovered a nice 'fanout" that showed the smoke ring and the meat which was oozing juices.. but it needed work.. to fit..

so here we are slicing, tweaking, Scotts building the greens in the box so it will accept the new format of the presentation, im slicing and trimming and twisting left, twisting right to get the angles cut right.. all this movment with greasy hands and knive and the pants start falling.. no stop slicing!!.. keep going!!! (knees are now moving apart to hold the pants up).. jsut before i made it to a full split i straightewned up, the jeans drop to the knees and the team scatters! so i am standing there slicing brisket, all greasy hands, big knife, and looked like a gangsta kid in the local high school witht the pants down around the knees.. (For whats its worth..I DID NOT STOP SLICING!) but were were laughing our farkin ass off and I'm sure that was a some of the 40 secondes we needed.. then since we changed presentation midstream, we had to cleanup the greens to fill in spots, again seconds ticking.. then of course since it was so pretty, i had to do a final brushing to get the shine on them.. tic toc tic toc.. we close the box and scotts pushin some errant leaves back in.. tic toc tic toc.. we are watchin gthe clock and at the flip of 1:34.. hanbd it off to james.. RUN RUN RUN!!!! Whew.. we made it..

NOT!!!!

Poor kid looked sick when he got back.. Heres the back and forth..

"DAD I think we were late"..

did they take the entry?

yeah, but i think we were late.

Did he say you were late?

No.

And he took the entry?

Yes?

good then you made it..

i dont know dad, i think it was late..

James.. if they took the entry you weren't late, they dont accept them if your late.. did he take it.. ?

yes..

did he say anything?

No.

Where was the clock.

it was on the table

Was it face down

YES.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

(oh fark)

Oh well.

(fingers crossed at that point)

Seems we were SO late that the KCBS REPS allready flipped the clock and walked away.. James handed the box to a volunteer who didnt know any better and just took it. About 10 minutes after turn-in, we were sitting resting and i spot Linda(our rep) walking over. I got this farking sinking feeling just like ya get when ya see the principle coming to your lunch table after you lit off the stink bomb in the girls bathroom.

Linda came and explained that we were late.. oh well..

we were late.. i asked here oif she could get the entry judged just for kicks and curiousity(but not count it) which she agreed to (try to)do, but we were so late, she couldnt even do that.

So.. thats the story of the brisket DQ to satisfy a dozen PM's I got saying things like...

WTF?
You putz.
Do I have to buy u a watch?
Were you drunk?
You have this thing for 1:30 turninsand if any of you clowns have this thought of getting together and sending me a bunch of belts.... DONT GO THERE.!

I still had a blast.. and will get the pics posted as soon as I did the camera out of the trailer.

ihbobry
08-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Our team we would like to thank everyone for their help and advice. Especially, Willie and his crew, Vinny, Phil, Ted, and the Anchorman. All of whom helped in one way or another if not @ this event at others during our 1st year which started @ last years Hudson Valley when we said to each other we gotta try our hand @ this.

Thanks to everyone,

YankeeBBQ
08-20-2007, 11:03 AM
and if any of you clowns have this thought of getting together and sending me a bunch of belts.... DONT GO THERE.!

Maybe you should add Pantless Brisket Slicer to your sig ? :oops:

BBQchef33
08-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Our team we would like to thank everyone for their help and advice. Especially, Willie and his crew, Vinny, Phil, Ted, and the Anchorman. All of whom helped in one way or another if not @ this event at others during our 1st year which started @ last years Hudson Valley when we said to each other we gotta try our hand @ this.

Thanks to everyone,

Hey Obry...

ACROSS THE GRAIN!!!!

:wink:

backyardchef
08-20-2007, 11:05 AM
and if any of you clowns have this thought of getting together and sending me a bunch of belts.... DONT GO THERE.!

Suspenders it is.....:rolleyes:

timzcardz
08-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Suspenders it is.....:rolleyes:

Damn you!

I just finished reading Poobahs post and said to myslef, I hae to get him suspenders. How funny would that have been if he receeived about 20 sets of suspenders next week from all over.

Now you've gone and spoiled it.

Poobah, You certainly hae a way about you in storytelling that makes it seem like the reader was there watching the whole thing unfold.

ihbobry
08-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey Obry...

ACROSS THE GRAIN!!!!

:wink:

The wisdom that comes with being the Illuminati is amazing.

Shouting that @ us when you should have been pulling your pants up or slicing yours was another 20 seconds at least. :biggrin:

barfly
08-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Will's apple turn in was to complex for the judges to really understand.

a random scattering of julianned apple slices, tastfully boxed, that apparently some judges thought had a hidden meaning. (probably that darn illuminati i keep hearing about)...
*shrug* i guess if a grilled cheese sammich could sell on e-bay for a gazzilion dollars 'cause someone saw the Blessed Mothers image in it i suppose we'll have to suck it up and move on...
im sure someone has a pic of the turn in box in question??

SmokeInDaEye
08-20-2007, 11:39 AM
so i am standing there slicing brisket, all greasy hands, big knife, and looked like a gangsta kid in the local high school witht the pants down around the knees.. (For whats its worth..I DID NOT STOP SLICING!).

Thank goodness James turned it in late. I can only imagine how many teams we'd have out there slicing brisket in their undies next weekend if you had actually WON!!!:eek:

MilitantSquatter
08-20-2007, 11:44 AM
a random scattering of julianned apple slices, tastfully boxed, that apparently some judges thought had a hidden meaning. (probably that darn illuminati i keep hearing about)...
*shrug* i guess if a grilled cheese sammich could sell on e-bay for a gazzilion dollars 'cause someone saw the Blessed Mothers image in it i suppose we'll have to suck it up and move on...

Here's a recipe "Last Minute Apples = 42nd place" w/ literally the ingredients we had sitting out on the table after briskets were sliced.

Apple wedges tossed in honey and sugar and then dipped in kettle popcorn that we had left over from the night before that one of the vendors was selling.

Smoked for 30 minutes then put in the box = 42nd place.

MAsQue
08-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Thank goodness James turned it in late. I can only imagine how many teams we'd have out there slicing brisket in their undies next weekend if you had actually WON!!!:eek:

That's scary! One mis-stroke with the knife and you've got a bris instead of a brisket! :eek:

Cue's Your Daddy
08-20-2007, 11:59 AM

i have the picture but need to figure how to put it on the site, And i guess help in making the dish from another team should get you dq'ed as well. But, you took the DQ to help the sport and its integrity.

Solidkick
08-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I guess I should have sent Phil back some of the NYMoJo he sent me for our last contest with some additional MoFo MoJo....sorry to hear of the DQ....we all know you're a good cook.......it must have been the pork chop turn in clock you was using!

WTG to all the brothers!

Plowboy
08-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Gawd, I hope we don't see Phil's picture on the Internet with Spears & Paris Hilton!! Hopefully Phil remembered his panties.

Sawdustguy
08-20-2007, 12:20 PM
We didn't fare so well at Hudson Valley but we had a great time. What impressed us the most was Phi's son James. He is one outstanding young man. He worked as hard as anyone I have ever seen at a BBQ contest and should be commended for his efforts. Not only is James a hard worker, he is one of the most polite and respectful young men I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. We were next to Phil at the contest and it was a pleasure to watch this young man in action. It makes me feel good to know that there are such fine young men as James in the world today. The loving bond between father and son was so evident it really brought a smile to Michele and I. I know Phil and James will have a great time fishing together today.

Cue's Your Daddy
08-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Gawd, I hope we don't see Phil's picture on the Internet with Spears & Paris Hilton!! Hopefully Phil remembered his panties.
http://images.cafepress.com/product/37780174_150x150_Front.JPG (http://www.cafepress.com/bbqbrethren.37780174)

backyardchef
08-20-2007, 12:30 PM
http://images.cafepress.com/product/37780174_150x150_Front.JPG (http://www.cafepress.com/bbqbrethren.37780174)

Where's the fuzzy blue hat?

Plowboy
08-20-2007, 12:32 PM

Don't ask, don't tell.:icon_shy

YankeeBBQ
08-20-2007, 12:34 PM

Uhmmm I don't believe he had a haton at the time. I don't know that for sure because happily my site was far enough away I wasn't forced to witness the event.

Cue's Your Daddy
08-20-2007, 12:45 PM
and the problem was he had the thong on backwards

Westexbbq
08-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Uhmmm I don't believe he had a haton at the time. I don't know that for sure because happily my site was far enough away I wasn't forced to witness the event.

I have seen the pics and it is not a pretty sight.:eek:
Funny, yes.:lol:

timzcardz
08-20-2007, 12:52 PM
and the problem was he had the thong on backwards

EEEEEwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

And even if he had it on the right way . . . EEEEEwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Yakfishingfool
08-20-2007, 01:09 PM
I was so into the box prep that I didn't even know the draws had dropped. Laughing hard enough to cry and we're trying to get it all together. The box that is....Just bad time management. Scott

BBQchef33
08-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Are you guys done yet. ?

:cool:

parrothead
08-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Are you guys done yet. ?

:cool:

I seriously doubt it.

barfly
08-20-2007, 03:14 PM

That made it out too.. I told him that as leader of a quasi-religous cult he should have a hat, just like the pope..out came the fuzzy blue hat!

CharlieBeasley
08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Not being there I heard a rumor that undies was his special rub?// Key Largo Special?? GRiN

Yakfishingfool
08-20-2007, 03:34 PM
The only rub on our asses was swamp rub...damn we needed to shower. NOT TOGETHER!!! Scott

BBQchef33
08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
James got the shower working after you left..

he went first and was in there for 20 minutes...

then i went..... Nice to have a hot shower before getting on the road. And was much easier to keep the windows closed.

Yakfishingfool
08-20-2007, 04:08 PM
My wife made it very clear that I stank terribly. I had to undress in the laundry and start the washer on my own then go upstairs to shower. Washed hair twice and still gross. Had the camper there and all....just no time to do it. Scott

MilitantSquatter
08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
The flies were not as bad this year as last..

BUT...

My wife reported that there are two flies in the SUV she drove to work today and they were still there when she left work to drive home even with the windows partially left open hoping they would fly out.

If they don't leave by Friday, they are coming up to New Holland contest with Sledneck and I and we will give them names.

Q Haven
08-20-2007, 07:28 PM

We did an apple stuffed pork tenderloin and it pretty much tanked. Most scores were in the average range but one judge gave us a 3-5-3. When a judge kicks you in the nuts like that and they are using comment cards we should get one. Especially when another judge gave us an 8-9-9 for the same entry. Overall our apple entry was 25th, pretty much in line with everything else we turned in :icon_pissed

CTSmokehouse
08-20-2007, 08:19 PM
James got the shower working after you left..

he went first and was in there for 20 minutes...

then i went..... Nice to have a hot shower before getting on the road. And was much easier to keep the windows closed.

I spoke to James and Phil, while Phil was having his shower (unseen by me ), Phil said who's there, James said "Got Q", Dad.

They are a class act. Phil welcomed me into his not so humble abode......

Phil said are you hungry, sure.. want some prime rib roast... yeah... have some bread and a little mozzarella and prosciutto... why not...sit down and rest..why not...Thank you Phil for letting me (try) feast on your 1st Place Steak winning entry!!

I had the time of my life this weekend... Congrats to GC I Que.. (Chris, the Yankees are trying to make it interesting!). Thanks to Nancee and Greg for mentoring me.. a really great experience...Saw alot of great Brethren Friends and got to cook next to MAs Que (nice family) ...Congrats to all the Brethren who competed and did so well...!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Got home around 10 PM .... WOW... bring out the fire hose... 2 or 3 showers got me back into the family!!!!

Q Haven
08-20-2007, 10:18 PM
I just posted a bunch of pictures from the weekend in New Paltz.

http://picasaweb.google.com/tedlorson/HudsonValleyRibfest

Sledneck
08-21-2007, 06:07 AM
The flies were not as bad this year as last..

BUT...

My wife reported that there are two flies in the SUV she drove to work today and they were still there when she left work to drive home even with the windows partially left open hoping they would fly out.

If they don't leave by Friday, they are coming up to New Holland contest with Sledneck and I and we will give them names.
Im naming mine Illuminasquito

MAsQue
08-21-2007, 06:33 AM

Ted,

This link is getting me to your album, but I get a message that the album is loading, then the app hangs. I've let it sit for several minutes to see if the pictures do eventually load...nothing. The app allows me to go to your public gallery, where I get the same message no matter what album I try to open. I've got a FIOS connection and there's no way it should take anything like several miutes to download 40 MB. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else having a problem?

backyardchef
08-21-2007, 06:53 AM
Brian-- I just clicked on the link included in your post and it took me directly to the gallery. I don't know if Ted changed something or if it was just one of those quirks of the net, but it seems to be working.....

MAsQue
08-21-2007, 07:00 AM
Brian-- I just clicked on the link included in your post and it took me directly to the gallery. I don't know if Ted changed something or if it was just one of those quirks of the net, but it seems to be working.....

I got it; I should have thought of this right away. I use Firefox as my standard browser (better security), occasionally, an application that runs fine with IE will have a problem with Firefox. That was the problem here; I switched to IE and the album opened right away.

Thanks for kicking the brain into gear.

parrothead
08-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Nice batch of pictures.

Westexbbq
08-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks Ted for the pics post, great shots all around.

Big Dog Barbecue
08-21-2007, 11:31 AM

Great pics Ted. Thanks.

BigBarry
08-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Whew! What a trip.

We survived the tornado/micro-burst/Poobah enchilada blast. Tricia was helping me hold the EZ-up down while covered with one of the vinyl sidewalls which protected her from the torrential hail that was raining down on us. Hail on bald head = ouch! Someone's canopy flipped onto our tent and broke some poles and ripped it a bit but all was OK otherwise. Could have been worse.

Had a terrific time once the storm was over. Great folks, weather and a great event.

We tanked in both grilling and BBQ. Some things were a bit shabby, others I thought should have done much better.

One thing I found was that the taste and tenderness scores were unsettling. Some things tasted awesome (via third parties) and the scores were all over the place. Tenderness scores were also sketchy. My chicken skin bit right through and the meat was tender...tanked.

Not bit-shin' but I guess we need to adjust some things and move on.

We were nearly the last ones to leave - saw A man, a woman and a smoker and they said they were going to Super 8. I could barely climb into the van and could not face the drive home so I called and got the last King non-smoking room. That shower and bed were heavenly!

Driving through town, we said "OK, what do we eat - NO BBQ!! Saw a Sushi place on the corner and had a fantastic meal! Banzai!

Great to see everyone and will be there next year!

Pics coming...

BigBarry
08-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Oh, BTW - Monday morning as I was eating a bagel in New Paltz....

I GOT A JOB OFFER!!!! YEAHHH, BABY! What a wrap-up to the weekend.

Cue's Your Daddy
08-21-2007, 01:50 PM
congrats on the job offer. Nice to hang with you and your lovely wife.

timzcardz
08-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh, BTW - Monday morning as I was eathing a bagel in New Paltz....

I GOT A JOB OFFER!!!! YEAHHH, BABY! What a wrap-up to the weekend.

Big Barry, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What a weekend for you. Imagine that, getting a job offer AND finshing ahead of Poobah in the Ribfest all in the same weekend! Unbelievable. :biggrin:

So when are you moving to New Paltz? :?:

Sawdustguy
08-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Barry,

I am very happy for you. You can't keep a good man down for very long. Thats great news!

Q Haven
08-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Congrats on the new job Big Barry!

Loosenut
08-21-2007, 03:37 PM

Nice pics Ted, especially the one with our identical shirts.:mrgreen:

bbqesq
08-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Congratulations on the job offer.

Q Haven
08-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Nice pics Ted, especially the one with our identical shirts.:mrgreen:

We did look pretty sharp, but we do look like the number 10 standing next to each other!

pigmaker23
08-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Ted, what no pictures of our circus tent !! or non exisitant grand reserve trophy for grilling?. The rest of the pictures are great !:-P

Q Haven
08-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Ted, what no pictures of our circus tent !! or non exisitant grand reserve trophy for grilling?. The rest of the pictures are great !:-P

Sadly, I never made it over to the big top with the camera. I set out two different times to take pictures of teams but never did reach your area. More importantly, I missed the bearded lady show and the trapezee shows.

BigBarry
08-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Photos are up.

http://picasaweb.google.com/teambigbarryq/HudsonValley2007

BigBarry
08-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the congrats on the job!

YankeeBBQ
08-21-2007, 05:48 PM
http://www.ismellsmoke.com/images//dscf0025.jpg
Our Apple entry- Cinnamon apple jello shots !

pigmaker23
08-21-2007, 05:48 PM
we had to cancel the trapeze show because Sheila backed out at the last minute ! LOL

Lakeside Smoker
08-21-2007, 06:16 PM
http://www.ismellsmoke.com/images//dscf0025.jpg
Our Apple entry- Cinnamon apple jello shots !

Nice!!
How did they do?

YankeeBBQ
08-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Nice!!
How did they do?

26th. I don't think the judges liked them but we enjoyed making them and eating them

Sledneck
08-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Did anybody notice that poobahs MOAB shrank?

Yakfishingfool
08-22-2007, 08:21 AM
No real mention here, kind of skipped in passing. I was waiting for him to make the announcement. Scott

SmokeInDaEye
08-22-2007, 09:46 AM

I think that's natural as you get older.

Muzzlebrake
08-22-2007, 09:54 AM
I thought you were judging during the naked brisket slicing, how did you see Poobah's MOAB?

Solidkick
08-22-2007, 12:28 PM
No real mention here, kind of skipped in passing. I was waiting for him to make the announcement. Scott

Knowing Phil..........that day may never come........:twisted:

BBQchef33
08-22-2007, 12:44 PM
its coming.. an hours+ worth of typing got lost when the wife kicked out the PC plug from the outlet this morning.

timzcardz
08-22-2007, 12:51 PM
its coming.. an hours+ worth of typing got lost when the wife kicked out the PC plug from the outlet this morning.

And three keystrokes, Alt, F, S, every once in a while would have saved how many keystrokes? :?:

BBQchef33
08-22-2007, 12:54 PM
doesnt work in a 'post' window.

timzcardz
08-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Then let this be a lesson to you. Always work long posts up elsewhere and then copy and paste. :-P

Yakfishingfool
08-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Phil, my box pictures left little to be desired. My brisket photo was a blur as everything was going so fast. Scott

PS, some of your shrinking moab though!

LostNation
08-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Here's the Fat Angel pictures.
http://www.lostnationvt.com/fatangel/newpaltz_07.htm

MrsBigBarry
08-23-2007, 09:51 PM
... Nice to hang with you and your lovely wife.

This despite the fact that I kept getting your names wrong :wink: You trully are a gentleman 8)

CTSmokehouse
08-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Here's the Fat Angel pictures.
http://www.lostnationvt.com/fatangel/newpaltz_07.htm

Nice Pic's... It was a great time...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff