PDA

View Full Version : New Holland Summer Fest (8/24-25) New Holland, PA (KCBS)

Sawdustguy
01-26-2007, 01:31 AM
Just got the New Holland Summer Fest 2007 entry form in the mail. They had a number of teams on the waiting list last year that didn't get to cook because they were totally full. If you want to cook at New Holland this year get those entry forms in with your checks as soon a you can so you don't miss out. We enjoyed this contest very much last year as it is very cooker friendly.

Kirk
01-26-2007, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the heads up Guy. I've been looking every day on their website for the entry form but they haven't updated it yet. I just shot them an email with my home and email addy's. Hopefully I can get in before it fills up.

MilitantSquatter
01-31-2007, 05:44 PM
I got my application in the mail today... will mail back soon.

If I recall reading it correctly, April 1st is the deadline for returning teams to get a guaranteed spot with a paid application. After that it would be opened up for first time applicants if spots remained from the max of 72 teams. I recall last year submitting an e-mail request for application quite early (Feb/March) and not getting the application until mid April. Luckily I mailed in the check that week and got a spot.

SmokeInDaEye
01-31-2007, 05:56 PM
Ok. I emailed them as well. Will sit and wait until April I guess since I didn't compete last year. Welcome back from France or where ever the heck you were Vinny!

YankeeBBQ
01-31-2007, 06:03 PM
I mailed my entry in today. The price went up $25 dollars but they say they are going to raise prize money. No prettiest pig this year.

20 x 20 space $175
Electricity $35
Extra Space $50

Kirk
02-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Oops, I missed where it said 35 for electric and mailed a check for the basic entry fee only. If I get in I'll have to fix that. Thanks Steve.

SmokeInDaEye
03-04-2007, 12:18 PM
I just got an email saying I am number 5 on the waiting list.

Have to wait until April 1 to see if any returning teams drop off.:frown:

Sawdustguy
03-04-2007, 12:25 PM
NHSF is one of the nicest events we cooked last year. Mel Stolfus runs a great event. Our own Vinny (Millitant Squatter) had their best showing of the season (they were 10th out of 72 teams) and Rich Decker of Lost Nation Smoke Company won Grand reserve Championship. We (the Polocks) had an off day coming in 20th out of 72 teams. It was tremendous fun.

Sledneck
03-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Anybody need help i would like to offer my services

SmokeInDaEye
03-04-2007, 12:45 PM
NHSF is one of the nicest events we cooked last year. Mel Stolfus runs a great event. Our own Vinny (Millitant Squatter) had their best showing of the season (they were 10th out of 72 teams) and Rich Decker of Lost Nation Smoke Company won Grand reserve Championship. We (the Polocks) had an off day coming in 20th out of 72 teams. It was tremendous fun.

I've heard nothing but great things. Fingers crossed five teams don't return but it seems like a long shot. I have a call into Tonya Harding just in case...

The Anchorman
03-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Really? 72 teams are already signed up? FARK! I wanted to added this contest to our schedule this year. How does one get on the waiting list, please help!
Ray

MilitantSquatter
03-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Really? 72 teams are already signed up? FARK! I wanted to added this contest to our schedule this year. How does one get on the waiting list, please help!
Ray

I'm looking forward to returning to New Holland. A great setting and well run event for teams, judges and the public.

Ray... Just to clarify...There were 72 teams last year. They are giving first right of refusal so to speak to last years teams if they send in the applications by April 1 before opening it up to new teams. If you want to get on the "waiting list", you'll need to send in your application and check now and I'm guessing they'll hold it until April 1 to see which of last years teams do not send in the application and then move to the waiting list roster.

I guess you're in the same boat as me trying to get into Harpoons 40 spots that always go to last years teams first.

Kirk
03-04-2007, 06:20 PM
I just got an email saying I am number 5 on the waiting list.
Really? I requested an app as soon as they were available, mailed it back out the same day it got to my house and I've received no such notification. I know they got it because I've since been in contact with the organizer.

WannaBeBBQueen
03-05-2007, 06:25 AM
Ray

Here's what the site said...We will accept completed forms and money and hold them until after April 1st. You must send money in form of cash check or money order to be considered. We will sequence as we recieve them and then after April 1st we will notify you whether you have made the magic list of 72. If you don't then we will return your check.

http://www.nhsummerfest.org/forms.html

Sawdustguy
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm looking forward to returning to New Holland. A great setting and well run event for teams, judges and the public.

Ray... Just to clarify...There were 72 teams last year. They are giving first right of refusal so to speak to last years teams if they send in the applications by April 1 before opening it up to new teams. If you want to get on the "waiting list", you'll need to send in your application and check now and I'm guessing they'll hold it until April 1 to see which of last years teams do not send in the application and then move to the waiting list roster.

I guess you're in the same boat as me trying to get into Harpoons 40 spots that always go to last years teams first.

Vinny, have you seen an application for Harpoon yet?

Kirk
03-07-2007, 03:27 PM
I just got an email saying I am number 5 on the waiting list...

Has anyone else received such an email?

butt head
03-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I sent my app and check three weeks ago and i have not recieved that e-mail conferming the wait list.

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ
03-07-2007, 04:41 PM
We are one of the 72 teams returning from last year. 10th ribs, 1st Chef's Choice and finished 18th out of 72. Friends of ours sent in their app and got an email that they are 7th on the list.

Has anyone got the app for Asbury yet and any word on Ocean City NJ?

Kirk
03-12-2007, 04:04 PM
I sent my app and check three weeks ago and i have not recieved that e-mail conferming the wait list.
I just received a response to my email asking where we were in line. I was also told that they weren't contacting people at first beause they didn't want to promise anything. Turns out we are #1 on the list. :-D
If you applied early I guess you've got a shot. I can't imagine that all 72 teams will be returning. I know this contest is high on a lot of people's lists but lives and circumstances change. I'm sure a few will not be able to come back (I hope :wink: ).

DaChief
03-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Good Luck... Hope you guys make it in!

SmokeInDaEye
03-13-2007, 12:53 PM
I just received a response to my email asking where we were in line. I was also told that they weren't contacting people at first beause they didn't want to promise anything. Turns out we are #1 on the list. :-D
If you applied early I guess you've got a shot. I can't imagine that all 72 teams will be returning. I know this contest is high on a lot of people's lists but lives and circumstances change. I'm sure a few will not be able to come back (I hope :wink: ).

That's great news, Kirk! Now we wait until April 1 to see what happens...

butt head
03-13-2007, 05:16 PM
I went to it last year to look around. real nice set up we are hopeing to get in to cook. if not the wife will try to get in to judge.

SmokeInDaEye
04-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Just got an email confirmation (that means you're in too Kirk!) so all you folks returning to New Holland, get ready to kick my butt!:biggrin:

Kirk
04-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Just got an email confirmation (that means you're in too Kirk!) so all you folks returning to New Holland, get ready to kick my butt!:biggrin:
Holy chit, I forgot about the 4/1 deadline. Sweet! You feel like the little fish in the big pond too, huh? :-D

Sawdustguy
04-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Congratulations Kirk and Smokeindaeye! I will be great to see some familar faces at New Holland.

The Anchorman
04-04-2007, 02:04 PM
The Anchormen are trying to get in on this one also. I hope we can!

Sawdustguy
04-04-2007, 02:42 PM
The Anchormen are trying to get in on this one also. I hope we can!

I hope you get in also Ray.

Kirk
04-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Strange, I just got home to check my e-mail and there's no notice there. Oh well, I'll give it a day or two before I inquire even though I'm really looking forward to it.

MilitantSquatter
04-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Excellent Clint !!!

Kirk - Don't wait... better off sending an e-mail now then finding out someone screwed up the waiting list order....

Double D's BBQ
04-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Just got the email saying that we are in also. We were #8 on the waiting list. Looking forward to meeting fellow brethren at the contest!:-D

Kirk
04-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Kirk - Don't wait... better off sending an e-mail now then finding out someone screwed up the waiting list order....
Done.

SmokeInDaEye
04-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Done.

You didn't get the email the first time either, Kirk, and it turned out you were top of the list. Should be fun, though liquor is off limits?

MilitantSquatter
04-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Should be fun, though liquor is off limits?

Try explaining that one to my buddy Rich Decker !!!!... He had the Clonesickle going all weekend (and don't overlook the Coors Light in the other hand either !!!)...Rich got on my case pretty good about drinking some Mike's Hard Lemonade... but I gave in at the end and had a few swags of his Gentleman Jack on ice... Rich says I might not be so small if I stopped drinking the Mike's and started drinking more of the good stuff...

I think most there were pretty discreet about the alcohol in full view during the day.. Sean and I brought a case each of Heineken, New Castle Brown Ale & Mike's Hard Lemonade .. We just did not walk all around the contest with open bottles...

Kirk
04-04-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm in. I just got the e-mail response from Chuck (at 10:49, that dude puts some serious hours in).
Rich is right about that hard lemonade crap Vinny. You could switch to Lynchburg Lemonade but you won't remain vertical as long. :-D
I love that stuff when I'm cooking but you have to careful. It's 1 part each JD, Triple Sec and premixed Whiskey Sour mix (not the stuff with the booze already in it, I did that once and it was pretty powerful stuff), and 3 parts 7up. Pour that into a huge glass full of ice and get back to the cooker. Life is good. 8-)

YankeeBBQ
04-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Try explaining that one to my buddy Rich Decker !!!!... He had the Clonesickle going all weekend (and don't overlook the Coors Light in the other hand either !!!)...Rich got on my case pretty good about drinking some Mike's Hard Lemonade... but I gave in at the end and had a few swags of his Gentleman Jack on ice... Rich says I might not be so small if I stopped drinking the Mike's and started drinking more of the good stuff...

I think most there were pretty discreet about the alcohol in full view during the day.. Sean and I brought a case each of Heineken, New Castle Brown Ale & Mike's Hard Lemonade .. We just did not walk all around the contest with open bottles...

Rich told me there was no booze in that bottle. The year before he dropped 5 gallons of bahama mammas in front of my site. I think he might be trying to mess with me.

LostNation
04-05-2007, 04:38 AM
Rich told me there was no booze in that bottle. The year before he dropped 5 gallons of bahama mammas in front of my site. I think he might be trying to mess with me.

And how did that work out for you Steve,,,,, Mr two time defending champion!!!!!

YankeeBBQ
04-05-2007, 10:56 AM
And how did that work out for you Steve,,,,, Mr two time defending champion!!!!!

I'm still not sure I won the second one. I wasn't there to witness it and I've yet to see a picture of my dad on the stage receiving the trophy. It's all some elaborate hoax.

Not to mention the fact that I operate better with a buzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pig Headed
04-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Steve, I might have a pic of your dad accepting the award. I'll look in my files.

YankeeBBQ
04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Steve, I might have a pic of your dad accepting the award. I'll look in my files.

That would be awesome if you do. I've really never seen any pictures of it.

Thanks
Steve

nancee
04-05-2007, 07:28 PM
heard a bunch of 1st time teams actually got in...
same with Wildwood; been trying for years to catch that one...
nancee

That would be awesome if you do. I've really never seen any pictures of it.

Thanks
Steve

butt head
04-14-2007, 09:27 AM
i was #18 on the waiting list, just got an e-mail yesterday buttheads are in. just go,s to show if you don't take the chance you don't get the chance

The Anchorman
04-15-2007, 06:24 AM
when did the emails go out?
contact email please?

LostNation
04-15-2007, 12:37 PM
when did the emails go out?
contact email please?

Ray, I sent in my application around the beginning of March and got my confirmation a few day's later. When did you send in your application? I think they're up to around 20 new competitors.

The Anchorman
04-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks Rich I will check into it.

SmokeInDaEye
07-30-2007, 02:55 PM
For returning teams, does everyone head out after the awards Saturday or is it possible to leave the next morning? I have a wedding halfway between there and home Sunday so would love to hang out with some folks and decompress after the contest.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
07-30-2007, 04:59 PM
We were #6 and got in. this will be our 4th comp ever..please be nice to use we really suck. see you all in August!

MilitantSquatter
07-30-2007, 05:06 PM
For returning teams, does everyone head out after the awards Saturday or is it possible to leave the next morning? I have a wedding halfway between there and home Sunday so would love to hang out with some folks and decompress after the contest.

SIDE - not sure what I'm gonna do this year (still not even sure if Sean is gonna be able to make it with me).

Last year, it rained around the awards time, but we did stay in the area overnight.. We stayed in the local motel, got showered and then went to some local Italian restaurant.. I'd never had such bad Italian food that tasted so damn good. (meaning it was crappy by my standards but after cooking BBQ for 24 hrs it was awesome).

I'll keep you posted on my plans.

Tinybud
07-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Anyone have a list of all the teams who are competing?.. we'll be there, just wondering who all is going to be there, just did our first one for the year, smoke on the allegheny, and I sure hope New holland goes better for us...lol.

SmokeInDaEye
08-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Has anyone received a cooks packet yet? I thought I had one but can't find it.

YankeeBBQ
08-13-2007, 10:26 AM

I remember getting something in the mail. I'll check when I get home tonight. It will be late though I have NEBS meeting to go to first.

Sawdustguy
08-13-2007, 10:45 AM

I don't think they send you a cooks packet before time. We got this email back on July 23rd.

New Holland Summer Fest
· P.O. Box 463 · New Holland, PA 17557
www.nhsummerfest.org (http://www.nhsummerfest.org)

email: nhsummerfest@yahoo.com

Dear Summer Fest Competitor,

Summer Fest is just around the corner. The committee is working hard to make this year’s event just as good as in the past.

Again we have set the limit at 72 teams. That is all that we can comfortably handle in the judges room and on the Park grounds.

Check in time is anytime after 8:00 AM on Friday August 24. Please do not arrive on Thursday as the Committee is hard at work laying out electric and water lines and marking off sites. If you are a returning competitor we will try and put you in the same spot as last year unless you requested other arrangements. Please go to the same entrance that you did last year. We will have someone there to guide you to your spot. If this is your first time to New Holland, please park in the street until someone determines the best entrance to get you to your spot. Please bear with us as we get all 72 of you in place.

We have a full slate of KCBS certified judges on schedule to judge your entries.

We have increased the prize money this year. In the 4 KCBS we are paying cash from 1st to 10th place. Also we have cash and trophies for the top 5 overall winners.

In the packet that you receive after you arrive, there will be a schedule of all of the pertinent times along with other info. Also, we are including a list of all of the teams along with the chief cook’s name so you can learn to know the other teams.

If there is any chance that you cannot attend, please let us know as soon as possible as we have other teams that want to get in. If canceling, please send email to address at top of letter.

New Holland Summer Fest Committee
Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

YankeeBBQ
08-13-2007, 11:25 AM
I don't think they send you a cooks packet before time. We got this email back on July 23rd.

New Holland Summer Fest
· P.O. Box 463 · New Holland, PA 17557

Hmmm maybe that's what I got too. I knew they sent me something confirming I was in.

MilitantSquatter
08-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Same thing here as Guy... e-mail, not by US mail.

bonniesboytoy
08-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Good luck to all who are going to New Holland Summer Fest 2007. I'll be in Vegas that week but we will be thinking of yoouuusss...Tom & Bonnie..

widespread
08-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Wish we could go, but thats our vacation week down at the outer banks. Good Luck to everyone!

Kirk
08-18-2007, 10:34 PM
We're starting to feel the crunch. Only just started getting ready today. Man we have a lot to do by Thursday night! We don't even have the meat lined up yet (and briskets can be hit or miss around here). :roll:

butt head
08-19-2007, 12:50 PM
i hear ya, i'm tring to get everything ready for new holland and also in the middle of putting a half bath in my basement that has to be done by september 8th for a familiy reunion at my house:eek: . i hope to meet some of you guys this time. see you friday. we are donating for the potluck dinnir for the teams friday night, from what i was told all the pa. teams are hosting the meal i'm doing a low country shrimp boil(shrimp, corn on cob, sausage and potatos with a kick:wink: )

SmokeInDaEye
08-19-2007, 01:03 PM
i hear ya, i'm tring to get everything ready for new holland and also in the middle of putting a half bath in my basement that has to be done by september 8th for a familiy reunion at my house:eek: . i hope to meet some of you guys this time. see you friday. we are donating for the potluck dinnir for the teams friday night, from what i was told all the pa. teams are hosting the meal i'm doing a low country shrimp boil(shrimp, corn on cob, sausage and potatos with a kick:wink: )

Didn't know anything about a dinner Friday. Sounds fun! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

butt head
08-19-2007, 01:40 PM
yeah i got an e-mail from them last week asking all pa teams to help host a dinner for everyone it will be after the cooks meeting friday night around 9pm.

Kirk
08-19-2007, 02:34 PM
yeah i got an e-mail from them last week asking all pa teams to help host a dinner for everyone it will be after the cooks meeting friday night around 9pm.
Yeah, I haven't responded to that request yet but I'm trying to put something together.

Tinybud
08-19-2007, 02:57 PM
We fell into the dessert area of the dinner for friday night, think we are bringing fruit salad,, not 100% sure on that thou. Maybe a birthday cake, I get to spend my birthday friday at a comp, that's a great birthday in my eyes.. :lol: hopefully that'll bring alittle luck too..lol..

YankeeBBQ
08-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Lo'-N-Slo' BBQ
Free Range BBQ
Hoff Daddy's BBQ
PA Midnight Smoker
Baba and The Pig Man
Smokin' S'Wine
Pork & Deans BBQ
Team Agave
Pennsylvania Pork Meisters
Layman Family BBQ
Bad Bones BBQ Crew
Two Fat Polocks
Smokey T's Pit Crew
Off Da Bone
Verus BBQ
Late Night Whiskey Smokers
Guts' Smokehouse
Pennsylvania Posse BBQ Team
Joboy's BBQ
Dixie Bones BBQ
K & J Barbeque
Pequea Pullers
Pigs by the Moon BBQ
3 Eyz BBQ
Lost Nation Smoke Company
Smokey Bottom Boys
S & S Grilling and BBQ
Smoken Dudes
Jack's Down Home
Pig Pen BBQ
Campfire Cookers
Swine Done Fine
War Pigs
Smokers Delight BBQ
Hog Heads
Smoke Happens
Black Tie BBQ
Windy Acres BBQ
Polka Pigs
Smoke Shackers
Tarheel Smokers
Shenandoah Q Crew
Brique House BBQ
Philly Pigs BBQ Team
Fat Tommy's BBQ
Jerry Elliott's Bar-B0Que
Dizzy Pig BBQ
Smoke Stack Lightning BBQ
Wild Bill BQ
Ribs Within
Pigstatic Bar-B-Cue
Chili Dave and the Hotties
Mo Mo BBQ Co.
Smoke in Da Eye
Mr Mark's BBQ
Buttrub.com
Backyard All-Stars
Southern Smoked Barbecue
Philly Blind Pig BBQ
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
Up In Smoke
Double D's BBQ
North Coast BBQ Society
Big Daddy's Appajala BBQ
Christmas City BBQ
The Redneck Pit Krew
Up in Smoke Bar-B-Que
Chez Pavillion
Butthead BBQ Team
Hillbilly Grillers
Who Are Those Guys?
The BBQ Guru

Kirk
08-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the list Steve. I believe Redneck Pit Crew and Butthead post here too.

SmokeInDaEye
08-20-2007, 12:59 PM
That's a heck of a lot of new people to meet. Looking forward to hitting the road Friday morning!

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
08-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Wow, Look At All The Big Names!!!!should Be A Fun One!! Pigs By The Moon Is Also On Here. Good Luck Everyone And Hope To Meet You All!!!!!!!

Sal

Kirk
08-20-2007, 01:43 PM
We don't have a banner with our name on it so just look for the American flag hanging from our canopy.

SmokeInDaEye
08-20-2007, 01:56 PM
I'll be the one with no pants slicing brisket.

Tinybud
08-20-2007, 02:16 PM
You all can find us, just look for the dale sr. 3 flage flyin in the air, feel free to stop by. this is our first time to new holland. for summerfest anyhow, been to melvin's shop before.

Kirk
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
...just look for the dale sr. 3 flag flyin in the air...
A man after my own heart.

Sawdustguy
08-20-2007, 04:16 PM
I am saddened to say the the Polocks will not be at New Holland this year. We have a family emergency on our hands. We will miss seeing all of you and want to wish each and every brethren team the very best of luck. New Holland is a very special event for us so we will try again next year. Thank you all for a great year. I can't hardly wait for 2008.

SmokeInDaEye
08-20-2007, 04:39 PM
I am saddened to say the the Polocks will not be at New Holland this year. We have a family emergency on our hands. We will miss seeing all of you and want to wish each and every brethren team the very best of luck. New Holland is a very special event for us so we will try again next year. Thank you all for a great year. I can't hardly wait for 2008.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it's nothing too serious and let me know if there's anything I can do (other than drink a beer in your honor friday).

butt head
08-20-2007, 06:23 PM
hope to meet some of the people i missed at yeardly

MilitantSquatter
08-20-2007, 06:28 PM
I should be rolling in around 9AM. I've got a special guest traveling with me... Sledneck's son, who will cook in the Kid's Q contest.

(Oh yeah, did I mention Sled's coming to cook with me too ?? ). :eek:

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
08-20-2007, 06:51 PM
best wishes to you and yours!!! Any Bretheren attending please stop by and say hello, just look for the GNOMES!I am saddened to say the the Polocks will not be at New Holland this year. We have a family emergency on our hands. We will miss seeing all of you and want to wish each and every brethren team the very best of luck. New Holland is a very special event for us so we will try again next year. Thank you all for a great year. I can't hardly wait for 2008.

Porkmeister
08-21-2007, 07:50 AM
We will be there. I'm planning on getting in around 8-9 on Friday. I hope we wont need 4 wheel drive to get to our spots. If we get the same spot as last year we will be by the RR tracks in the back. It could be a little messy with all this rain. I sure hope they don't have us park on the road and walk everything in!

Mike

moses13
08-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Low to mid-90's for the weekend....Unfortunately, we (Pigheaded BBQ) didn't get in this year and I am still reminding my uncle of it, since I only live 15min from New Holland. However, my uncle (Pigheaded on here) and I will be wondering around the grounds on Sat morning (Vinnie- you are on our hit-list to visit). For any teams coming down for the first time, if you get a chance, hit Shady Maple for breakfast on Fri morning (serves breakfast until 10am).....it is all you can eat and only open Mon-Sat.....one of the best all you can eat breakfasts that I have ever seen. Also, they have a great farmers market and butcher on site, if you need anything last minute.

bonniesboytoy
08-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Is the butcher on site at the que or at the Shady Maple???

moses13
08-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Is the butcher on site at the que or at the Shady Maple???

There is a butcher on site at Shady Maple.....sorry for the confusion

nancee
08-21-2007, 08:32 PM
well, I also hope it is nothing too bad and that it passes quickly.
Just curious, what did you do about your space? Did they still have a waiting list? I was too stupid to get on it; never ocurred to me...
Hope to see you both soon...
nancee

Sorry to hear that. Hope it's nothing too serious and let me know if there's anything I can do (other than drink a beer in your honor friday).

bonniesboytoy
08-21-2007, 08:57 PM
There is a butcher on site at Shady Maple.....sorry for the confusion

Looks like they have all there ribs in a row at this comp...,Hope everyone gets there and home safely and brings home a...a.....a....at volunteer fire department events we call them "thanks for comming" trophy's and "oscars", we also have farthest traveled, best appearing, and a few others. No one goes home without something..

YankeeBBQ
08-22-2007, 08:44 AM
An article about New Holland
http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/208415

Kirk
08-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Almost packed and almost ready to go... :-D
See y'all there!

Sledneck
08-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Almost packed and almost ready to go... :-D
See y'all there!
Were leaving at 4:30 tomorrow morning,cant wait!

MilitantSquatter
08-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Kirk - I take it you found a decent brisket or two this time around ?

Westexbbq
08-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Good Luck and Happy Trails to all of the brethren competing.
Enjoy.

Sawdustguy
08-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Good luck everyone! I am happy to report that our family emergency, with the grace of God, is turning out to have a happy but cautious ending.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
08-24-2007, 05:21 AM
Leaving in about in hour. Is it time for beer yet?