PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Texas Bash

FatDad
01-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Tentative plans right now are for Easter weekend
April 6,7, & 8

Here is something CENTRALLY LOCATED......in the hill country

I have been here before for a family reunion.
Real nice indoor pool and a place to cook Q outside.
We can rent RV / Trailer spaces / cabins / rooms.
I am will to split cost for gas and RV rental from Dallas.

Nearest major city airport San Antonio to the South and
Austin a little further North (we can coordinate a pickup from Austin
possibly on the trip down there from Dallas)

http://www.maricoparesort.com/index.html

(winter rates) listed.

FEEDBACK REQUESTED.

HoDeDo
01-12-2007, 03:58 PM
That sounds good to us.... But we'll likely have the kiddos in tow if it is Easter weekend. (Grandparents might be willing to take them)
I'll be towing a 5th Wheel from KC - but it appears they have 140 RV spots. I couldnt tell the difference between a Standard and Deluxe spot.

FatDad
01-12-2007, 04:10 PM
That sounds good to us.... But we'll likely have the kiddos in tow if it is Easter weekend. (Grandparents might be willing to take them)
I'll be towing a 5th Wheel from KC - but it appears they have 140 RV spots. I couldnt tell the difference between a Standard and Deluxe spot.

Area "A" slot areas located 15,16,17,18.....shade and picknic tables,
pull thru slots, bath house close by.

Bill-Chicago
01-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Moderator: Please merge this thread with the existing Texas thread.

ZILLA
01-12-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm in! I can pick up at SA international SAT for the airline sites. SW flys there. It's an easy trip and a very nice ride from SA to the N. side of Canyon Lake. 45 min...

FatDaddy
01-12-2007, 09:22 PM
I might be able to make it . I have a chili cookoff in stephenville 2 weeks later so money is the issue atm... dont know if i should fly or drive. if i fly its about 220 bucks . or if i drive its 5 hours each way.

brdbbq
01-12-2007, 09:26 PM

That is like me asking the Ex for money. 8-)

tommykendall
01-12-2007, 09:47 PM

LMFAO. It's looking very likely that I'll be joining in videocast from farking Toronto. Just got word today. Possibly looong assignment.

Bill-Chicago
01-12-2007, 10:29 PM
LMFAO. It's looking very likely that I'll be joining in videocast from farking Toronto. Just got word today. Possibly looong assignment.

Any hotel arrangements yet?

I love talking to Canadian Desk Clerks, if you know what I mean.

Dont you have a birthday coming up?

Arlin_MacRae
01-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Lookin' good here!

FatDaddy
01-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Bah Just remembered. We have Comformation on Easter at the CAtholic church ( one step closer to getting this wedding over with) and have my nephews 1str birthday party the day before. i wont be makin this one..

FatDad
02-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Tentative plans right now are for Easter weekend
April 6,7, & 8

Here is something CENTRALLY LOCATED......in the hill country

I have been here before for a family reunion.
Real nice indoor pool and a place to cook Q outside.
We can rent RV / Trailer spaces / cabins / rooms.
I am will to split cost for gas and RV rental from Dallas.

Nearest major city airport San Antonio to the South and
Austin a little further North (we can coordinate a pickup from Austin
possibly on the trip down there from Dallas)

(winter rates) listed.

FEEDBACK REQUESTED.

Just an FYI....New Owners....
I have requested a reservation on the web for my wife and I
tonight and will followup with phone call Tuesday.

Here is the new link
http://www.jellystonehillcountry.com/

(will direct you to the new link)

Bill-Chicago
02-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Stop it!

brdbbq
02-26-2007, 07:53 AM
I dind't do anything

Bill-Chicago
02-26-2007, 07:58 AM
I dind't do anything

But did you need 3 years to plan on doing nothing?

frognot
03-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Well, i'm back working every other weekend & am on that one. Hopefully can catch the next one.

HoDeDo
03-05-2007, 06:42 PM
so any idea on a count for who will be attending? We're looking at trying to make it if our TX family isnt coming north!

FatDad
03-05-2007, 07:02 PM
so any idea on a count for who will be attending? We're looking at trying to make it if our TX family isnt coming north!

Andy,
So far it looks like my wife and I and your family with the possibility
of Arlin driving down.

Mark

HoDeDo
03-05-2007, 07:11 PM
We've put a call into our family down there, and as long as they weren't coming up here - we were planning on attending.

I'm going to rename it the South KS/OK bash, if some other Texans don't show:twisted: hehehe

Is there a weekend that would get some more folks?

FatDad
03-05-2007, 07:40 PM
We've put a call into our family down there, and as long as they weren't coming up here - we were planning on attending.

I'm going to rename it the South KS/OK bash, if some other Texans don't show:twisted: hehehe

Is there a weekend that would get some more folks?

KS/OK is fine with me.......I just want to make the best of it.

I'm actually getting pretty frustrated with this whole thing.
I worked on locating a place last year a little further North and got
negative response from some down south so I thought it might
work out to have something in Central Texas.
2 major airports in either direction.
I have written PM's asking for ideas, I have sent out messages
for suggestions and only a couple of responses.
We do a better job with doing our local brethren lunches.

I have NO IDEA what else to do.

Sorry for venting ... it is just frustrating.

We are going to go down there and kick back and enjoy the weekend.

HoDeDo
03-05-2007, 09:05 PM
KS/OK is fine with me.......I just want to make the best of it.

No problem on the venting. I can understand the frustration. Sounds like you are going to enjoy the weekend either way :wink: We'll know what ours is going to look like soon enough.

thillin
03-05-2007, 10:31 PM
If it wasn't for my layoff last month, I'd be there. And this was the year I planned on making at least one bash. Hopefully I won't be job hunting for long. Hope those that do make it have a blast! Drink a couple for me.

FatDaddy
03-05-2007, 10:57 PM
any other weekend then the wekeend of my babtism and confimation i would be there Mark.

ZILLA
03-06-2007, 06:59 AM
I can attend for sure. :wink:

Ron_L
03-06-2007, 07:32 AM

I understand your frustration. I've been following the thread just out of curiosity, and no one has come out and said this, but I wonder if a lot of guys aren't interested since it's Easter weekend. For us, that's a time to spend with relatives, and if I even suggested going to a bash on that weekend I would be boiled and dyed bright colors :shock:

Just my $.02.

chad
03-06-2007, 12:08 PM
I understand your frustration. I've been following the thread just out of curiosity, and no one has come out and said this, but I wonder if a lot of guys aren't interested since it's Easter weekend. For us, that's a time to spend with relatives, and if I even suggested going to a bash on that weekend I would be boiled and dyed bright colors :shock:

Just my $.02.

You'd fit right in on your next trip to South Beach!!:twisted:

Jorge
03-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Easter is an automatic no-go for me. I have family obligations that I can't slide out of.

VGuilford
03-06-2007, 01:45 PM
You'd fit right in on your next trip to South Beach!!:twisted:

HAHAHAHAHA LMAO :lol:

ggeilman
03-06-2007, 02:45 PM
I will have to see being Easter. Haven't even discussed it with the wife yet. So much going on every weekend this month so far as it is.

tumpedover
03-06-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm not sutre if I'll be in Texas yet....Moving sometime in April, just don't have dates firm yet....otherwise I'd love to come ...
BTW I would have to agree with Ron_L on the Easter weekend thing,I think you may not be getting the response you'd like to see, because of Family obligations for lots of folks..just a thought.

Grumpy's Q
03-07-2007, 06:13 AM

Just my $.02.

That pretty much sums it up for me. :sad:

FatDaddy
03-07-2007, 06:34 AM
Well I say after Easter all of the N Tex and anyone else that wants to join in meet up in DFW like we allways do. im hankerin for some good Q and Conversation.

Bill-Chicago
03-07-2007, 07:47 AM
I will be spending that weekend celebrating the second coming of our Lord, Christ the King, and anyone who doesnt will be going to Hell

brdbbq
03-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Suppose to be down that way for a interview soon I hope. If and when possibly we could all hook up. Damn sure like to stop at Madill and get some Peanuts

brdbbq
03-07-2007, 07:52 AM
I will be spending that weekend celebrating the second coming of our Lord, Christ the King, and anyone who doesnt will be going to Hell

From what I understand you need to . :eek:

Bill-Chicago
03-07-2007, 07:59 AM
From what I understand you need to . :eek:

You mean because of the whole dating FatDad's sister thing?

Bigdog
03-07-2007, 10:26 AM
You mean because of the whole dating FatDad's sister thing?
OMG:eek:

Grumpy's Q
03-07-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm ready for a BS and Beer session! April the 14th and 15th I'll be at the races.

FatDad
03-08-2007, 02:40 PM

Based off of PM's and opinions posted.
Easter Weekend is a bad weekend for a large percentage of us.
I have cancelled my reservations.

I must commend Andy "HoDeDo" as he was going to visit relatives and
drive an additional 3 hours and have his relatives spend some time
down there with us.
Andy.... save the gas and have a great Easter Weekend with kinfolk.

Anyone else want to take a stab at something ???

10-4 Over and OUT !!

Bill-Chicago
03-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Just for clarification of new members, FatDad quoted my "moderator merge request" while we where having fun in Texas Mega Bash thread back in January

But this thread appears on the surface to be an attack on FatDad. It is not. The more recent comments about FatDad's sister, was a veiled reference to an off line conversation in email that involved a picture that I cannot post here, that I now find out was just sent to me by FatDad, and was actually Quinn's sister.

Mark, I don't think you were pissed at me per se (or, maybe a little) but it had nothing to do with you planning an event.

My religious comments were meant to stir discussion, not controversy.

Like this one:

Hey Druids: You worship trees? I am burning your God to flavor my brisket!

HoDeDo
03-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Bill, Can I get an AMEN please?

I'll need to go to church, since I gave up eating fish on Friday for Beef Tenderloin.:|

Oh, WAIT! I'm not catholic, so I guess I just need to hug a tree before I burn it. :twisted:

HoDeDo
03-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Mark - It was a good try man. Jellystone had some good kid activities for Easter morning - so we would have had a blast either way. We put the offer out to Kim's cousin, so if she wants us to come on down - I'll still let ya know. Maybe we could have a couple cold ones at Lake Whitney!

Bill-Chicago
03-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Andy

I apologize if I had a negative impact on your meating.

I actually nearly made it to one of them Texas luncheons, a fly in/out thing. Jorge was trying to help me make it, but my SWA expired before I got her done.

When all is said and done, I hope you OK/KC/TX brothers do pull something off at some point. It should be fun.

But I also think you might be missing the point, or missing the perspective.

I have Q joints around. Good ones? Non Chains? Its a trek, not a leisurely drive.

You people in the South, they're like cockleburrs, always close and stuck to your ankles.

So we travel 600 miles to NY to eat meat for 3 days.

You farkers eat it daily.

Don;t misconceive a "bash" for missing out. I would trade 4 of my bashes for just the concept that we could meet as you have locally in the past.

HoDeDo
03-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Bill - You are right about that - we can pull together an impromtu lunch in KC area with 10-20 guys without much more than an email, and call or two. If we wanted to get really crazy... we could snag a handfull heading east from KS, end up in Columbia, and really put a hurtin on the lil town of Columbia.

Lunch in KC is great - if we get Aloha boy out, and get a few beers in him - he'll use gentle coaxing to get us in the kitchen. Lines like " Well since my Que is way better than this, I'd love to see the kooker you have in your kitchen. Maybe I could figure out why your food is so average!8-)

Ok, he'd never do that.... at least not until we have put up his Brethern banner and taken over 1/2 of thier joint :twisted: (Just kidding Jeff, you are usually very modest.):wink:

To me the whole point is to get together... Have yet to meet an a-hole brother. I mean part of the fun of going 12 hrs away for some "bash" time - is because you do it "just cuz" - we could have a mini bash here weekly, driving to tex, or ga, or Chi-town.... well thats just part of the fun, regardless of the que available in a 10 mile radius of my house (Rosedale BBQ, Okie Joes, Gates, Bryants, Jones BBQ, etc, etc....)

Grumpy's Q
03-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Based off of PM's and opinions posted.
Easter Weekend is a bad weekend for a large percentage of us.
I have cancelled my reservations.

I must commend Andy "HoDeDo" as he was going to visit relatives and
drive an additional 3 hours and have his relatives spend some time
down there with us.
Andy.... save the gas and have a great Easter Weekend with kinfolk.

Anyone else want to take a stab at something ???

10-4 Over and OUT !!

You gave it a hell of a try man! Ye'll get something done here one of these days! :cool:

FatDad
03-11-2007, 10:39 PM
You people in the South, they're like cockleburrs, always close and stuck to your ankles.

You must be referring to pqbbq !! :eek:

So we travel 600 miles to NY to eat meat for 3 days.

We people in the South know that !!

Gotcha ........Farker ........LMAO

ggeilman
03-13-2007, 10:30 AM
I think it is still a good idea, just needs a better weekend. Easter is hard for most to get away. Can we try and reschedule?