PDA

View Full Version : I Voted......Did You?

bbqbull
01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
I voted electronically today for KCBS Board Members. I hope all the other KCBS Members enacted your voting rights also and voted.

P.S. I got my bullsheet today after I voted, But I knew who I was voting for.

Mike

BBQchef33
01-03-2007, 09:29 PM
yup.... i just did too.

MilitantSquatter
01-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Done.. Voted for two out of the max of four allowed.

Jeff_in_KC
01-03-2007, 09:43 PM
I have not yet decided who gets my votes.

Plowboy
01-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Anyone know why Kyle pulled out of the race?

Plowboy
01-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Voted. Four votes.

Pig Headed
01-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Count me in. Don't bitch if you don't vote.

LostNation
01-04-2007, 05:15 AM
I voted for just one candidate, Linda Mullane.

parrothead
01-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Done. Thanks for the heads up.

backyardchef
01-04-2007, 06:41 AM
Voted yesterday afternoon.......Yay, Linda!

ThomEmery
01-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Voted for Gene G
I am sure there are lots of great
folks in the group but ...........

Merl
01-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Even if you don't have the Bullsheet, if you go to the KCBS website, the election questionnaires and pics are online.

If you go to the election website, if you click on the candidates name, their picture and questionnaire will also appear for you to review.

Kyle called me and told me that based upon his future plans, he did not believe he could fulfill a three year commitment and would not run and then not be able to serve the membership who voted for him.

Thanks for those who vote.

Yours in BBQ
Merl

Plowboy
01-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Kyle called me and told me that based upon his future plans, he did not believe he could fulfill a three year commitment and would not run and then not be able to serve the membership who voted for him.

That's good that he understood his limitations of time. That takes character admit you don't have the capacity to do a good job at the moment. I tend to be one of those people that over commits a lot. I admire Kyle for this.

Sawdustguy
01-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Linda got my vote! Ya gotta be in it to win it!

nancee
01-04-2007, 03:21 PM
If you vote for just one person, does the vote count 4 times? Otherwise, should we not vote for the next best in our opinions?
Did folks vote for the bylaws or against?

I voted for just one candidate, Linda Mullane.

MoKanMeathead
01-04-2007, 03:57 PM
I voted for 4 candidates and for the bylaw change

Leeper
01-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Voted for 4 and for the bylaw change.

I really did like the email they sent out with the website info and name/pass. The whole system seemed to work well.

Jeff_in_KC
01-04-2007, 07:16 PM
If you vote for just one person, does the vote count 4 times? Otherwise, should we not vote for the next best in our opinions?

Nancee, no it counts once. Those voting for only one are figuring they're taking a vote away from someone else who might beat Linda. that's the thought process there. Personally, I vote for four, regardless of how strongly I feel about one particular candidate.

EDIT: Just finished voting for my four candidates...

butts
01-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Yes, voted on all items.

nancee
01-04-2007, 10:27 PM
thanks for clarifying that

Nancee, no it counts once. Those voting for only one are figuring they're taking a vote away from someone else who might beat Linda. that's the thought process there. Personally, I vote for four, regardless of how strongly I feel about one particular candidate.

EDIT: Just finished voting for my four candidates...

Bill-Chicago
01-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I had trouble voting tonight, but admit my profile was not updated.

Don Harwell of KCBS contacted me within 1 hour to tell me he is looking into it.

I am thoroughly impressed with this organization.

And once I can, Mike Lake will be getting my vote.

For those of you that get the Bullsheet, check out the names of the people doing the judging classes. Mike and Theresa Lake travel all over promoting the sport of bbq judging, and hold the IL state championship in Shannon IL every year.

Yes, there are plenty that deserve to win, but Mike (who I think took over for Ray (Dr BBQ)) is a class act, to say the least

LostNation
01-05-2007, 04:49 AM
Nancee, I think the vote only counts once. I didn't want to vote for other candidates which would have diluted my vote or Linda.

drbbq
01-05-2007, 07:35 AM
I voted for Mike Lake, Linda Mullane and Mark Welte. I voted yes for the bylaw thing but just because Minion said it's OK.

CTSmokehouse
01-05-2007, 11:42 AM
I voted.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

jminion
01-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I am going to push for a change in how we elect members to the Board. I would like to see regional system put in place. Right now New England, Calif, and the northern midwest states are not represented at all. A change is called for and some of the voting blocks in the country are going to push KCBS into a regional representive system (not a bad thing).
Jim

Jeff_in_KC
01-05-2007, 05:59 PM
I would support that idea, Jim. Thanks!

Merl
01-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Last night I wrote a long memo regarding those who promote or partake in vote slamming (voting for one candidate foresaking the others).

I deleted the memo, due to fear of the flames or offending some.

Tonight I choose to make a simple statement:

Do you want one great board member and three bozo's
or do you have an obligation to elect four great candidates.
You choose.
Merl

Jeff_in_KC
01-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Well stated, Merl. I don't know if there are any bozo's in the running this year but I understand your point.

Nitrofly
01-05-2007, 08:20 PM
I voted Linda for sure.. I voted for three others.
read there profile and voted for the three that I
thought would do the best for KCBS & BBQ.. Voted
No on the Bylaws. I agree with what Chris Hart wrote
they did poor job in explaining the need for the changes.

MilitantSquatter
01-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Last night I wrote a long memo regarding those who promote or partake in vote slamming (voting for one candidate foresaking the others).

I deleted the memo, due to fear of the flames or offending some.

Tonight I choose to make a simple statement:

Do you want one great board member and three bozo's
or do you have an obligation to elect four great candidates.
You choose.
Merl

Merl - Point well taken... Thanks for not holding it to yourself...

The election process should then require only one vote or four votes be made, not the option of selection "up to four"... Pick the top 4 vote getters...

I voted for two..based on what I knew of them personally and/or what I read of their answers. Only two impressed me from where I'm at. The rest all seemed fairly similar in their desire, committment potential, expectations etc. I made decisions from what was presented. The others are probably fine candidates but the answers to the questions all had a similar feel, response etc. and I did not feel "earned my vote"

Kung Fu BBQ
01-05-2007, 08:34 PM
My clicks heard.

SloppyQ
01-05-2007, 09:48 PM
My votes have been checked.

CTSmokehouse
01-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I am going to push for a change in how we elect members to the Board. I would like to see regional system put in place. Right now New England, Calif, and the northern midwest states are not represented at all. A change is called for and some of the voting blocks in the country are going to push KCBS into a regional representive system (not a bad thing).
Jim

I voted. I feel that my vote should be confidential. I will tell you that I voted for people I felt that have been instrumental in my development as a competitive BBQer, CBJ. Coming from the North East, New England, I can understand "Vote Slamming" if that is the term that is used. BBQ here is growing in leaps and bounds. I see no representation for the North East at present in KCBS. The best thing that I enjoy most in BBQ is the fellowship. Should not all areas be represented?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

lunchlady
01-07-2007, 01:49 PM
my votes are in as well.

best of luck to all candidates...

REPRESENTATION OF THE MEMBERSHIP IS KEY...

nancee
01-07-2007, 08:47 PM
not thrilled but I did it

my votes are in as well.

best of luck to all candidates...

REPRESENTATION OF THE MEMBERSHIP IS KEY...

SP
01-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Voted.