PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Roadtrip

beerguy
12-26-2006, 04:07 PM
My daughter will be spending about 4 days in the downtown Memphis area in mid Jan. I lived in Memphis some 30 years ago, but aint been back. Anyone have any favorite BBQ joints or food suggestions? Thanks in advance.

SmokeInDaEye
12-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Start here Beer Guy. Feel free to PM as well. I take a couple trips down per year and love to try new places every time!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22517&highlight=memphis

beerguy
12-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks Clint. I tried a search on Memphis roadtrip, but you hooked me up.

rbinms33
12-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Beerguy.....here's a few of my recommendations. She can do a Google search on Memphis Restaurants and it'll show these places with a map and everything.

BBQ
Corky's (good for lunch or dinner)
Interstate BBQ (daytime only, good for lunch)
BBQ Shop (good for lunch)
Commissary (good for lunch)
Three Little Pigs (good for lunch)

Other good lunch spots
Crescent City Cafe (New Orleans themed, awesome crawfish po boy)
Dyer's Burgers (Deep fried hamburgers)

Dinner
Butcher Shop (steak)
Carrabba's (Italian)
The Pier (seafood)

If you see a specific place and have questions about it, let me know. If I haven't been there, I probably know somebody who has. Also, if she's staying downtown, tell her to check out Peabody Place. It's like an indoor mall that's downtown. Also, if the weather's not too bad, take a stroll down Beale Street. All kinds of clubs with music and food there.

beerguy
12-29-2006, 05:07 AM
Thanks Richie. I told her she has to go to the Peabody, its tradition.

SmokeInDaEye
12-29-2006, 08:30 PM
If your daughter is over 21, tell her to check out Ernestine & Hazels, not too far from Beale Street in downtown memphis. It's an old woooore house that is now a bar. They also have amazing burgers called Soul Burgers.