PDA

View Full Version : comp trailer plumbing

Sawdustguy
11-09-2006, 01:11 PM
I finally have all the needed plumbing parts (valves, filters, waterheater etc.) to plumb my competition trailer for hot, cold and Grey water. What should I use? Should I use soft copper, jacketed supply line, or pvc to plumb it all together?

SP
11-09-2006, 01:46 PM
PEX Plumbing Systems

http://www.zurn.com/operations/pexrh/images/PEXtubing.jpg Over the past 4 decades, the use of plastics has dramatically changed the way Americans live. From food storage containers, to pacifiers, to beverage bottles & surgical supplies (like IV bags), we’ve trusted plastic to deliver human consumption products for many years. Therefore, it’s only logical that we look to plastic tubing to deliver our hot & cold water in today’s new homes. ZurnPEX plumbing systems, as in the past, are at the forefront of this evolutionary process.
ZurnPEX Products pioneered the 1st flexible residential plumbing system in the early 1970’s. Our original customers were primarily RV & mobile home manufacturers. Within a few years, several site-built home makers began recognizing the many benefits of flexible plumbing:
Reduced Water Hammer
Freeze Damage Resistance
Prevention of Lime & Mineral Build-up
Elimination of Electrolysis (that causes pin holes in metallic pipes)
No deterioration from low pH levels found in many wells
No need for solvent cements
Requires less fittings, reducing potential for installation errors
It’s light weight for easy handling
Less concern for job-site theft

smokincracker
11-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Poly pipe works good

Sawdustguy
11-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Both are great suggestions. I will check both solutions out. Thanks guys.

Kevin
11-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Pex or Poly get my vote. The vibration of road travel may crack soft copper or even PVC to a lesser degree. I did use cpvc in a travel trailer with good results.

Sawdustguy
11-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Pex looks awful nice and easy to use.

SP
11-09-2006, 03:59 PM
The only thing with pex are the tools. They can be expensive but if you know someone or go to a rental place its not too bad.

Kevin
11-09-2006, 04:01 PM
The only thing with pex are the tools. They can be expensive but if you know someone or go to a rental place its not too bad.

Have you seen Guy's (Sawdustguy) pics of his garage. I think he lives to buy tools. LOL.

Sledneck
11-09-2006, 05:14 PM
i would go with the pvc, its easy to fix ansd easy to get, when are you planning on doing it? if im not busy i can help

MrSmoker
11-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Pex is what they used in my Weekend Warrior.