PDA

View Full Version : New TV show for HGTV looking for ultimate "Guy-B-Q"

lmno1
10-26-2006, 01:46 PM
This isn't Spam, this is a real show, I'm a real writer....

The show is looking for guys with that have carved out a place in their home that is "Guy's Only." I think it would be cool to see a guy who has taken his BBQing space to the next level. Decked out patio, bar, multiple grills, smoker, wood fired oven, hammocks, decorated in steel, rock, cement, and car parts.

The show is for HGTV and will be hosted by George Grey. It's not a cooking show, but it certainly involves guys who's cooking spaces are their guy spaces.

pass the word, let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!

Steve

BBQchef33
10-26-2006, 01:55 PM
u mean like this?

and thats before the big stuff arrived. :mrgreen:

lmno1
10-26-2006, 02:06 PM
That was a quick reply! I like it...curious, what's "The big stuff" and is there a pic with that?

Also, is that a pool behind the jacuzzi? And just to get oriented, there's the built in grill on one side, and then the black monster grill on the other?

BrooklynQ
10-26-2006, 03:16 PM
No comments about the babe in the hot tub?

SinginBob
10-26-2006, 03:36 PM
That was a quick reply!

Meet Phil, just one of several publicity hounds on this site!!:twisted:

BrooklynQ
10-26-2006, 03:55 PM
The poohbah's a hound?

HoDeDo
10-26-2006, 11:37 PM
How about those of us that bought 5th wheel toy haulers, and new trucks, just to get our cooking fix - by cooking about 14 contests in a year?? LMNO1 -- I have just the guy for you...

rbsnwngs
10-27-2006, 07:08 AM
How about us guys who opened up our own beverage barns so we can cook and drink all day

BBQchef33
10-27-2006, 08:43 AM
That was a quick reply! I like it...curious, what's "The big stuff" and is there a pic with that?

Also, is that a pool behind the jacuzzi? And just to get oriented, there's the built in grill on one side, and then the black monster grill on the other?

Yup. thats a pool behind the jacuzzi, and a waterfall off the left of the rear deck.

The grills are on the opposite end of the deck from the pool. Thats the built in plus another gasser, then The Pit area is next to the grills, but off the deck on the other side of the railing.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/albums/Bash3/res36303.jpg (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/)

heres one withthe Big guy added. This would be taken from the deck, with the grill just to you left.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/albums/HarrysCamera/2006_0623Image0051.sized.jpg (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=HarrysCamera&id=2006_0623Image0051&op=modload&file=index&name=gallery&include=view_photo.php)

backyardchef
10-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Now I know why they call it Mecca.....

lmno1
10-27-2006, 11:43 AM
BBQchef33,

Wow. Seriously. Can you email me? I've got a few other questions.

sschneir@lmnotv.com

Also...guys, thanks for the posts, keep 'em coming. Willie B's...you're killing me, all we get at the office are bagels and coffee!

HO DE DO -- I cant send you a rpvaite message 'cause your in box is full. Email me.

HoDeDo
10-27-2006, 12:22 PM
HO DE DO -- I cant send you a rpvaite message 'cause your in box is full. Email me.

I shot you an email... PMs are ok now too.

BBQChef33 -- is showing you his deck/pit.... but he neglected to mention That he hosts the nerve center for this place!!! Talk about a BBQ haven in bits and bytes....(not just for guys... but)

lunchlady
10-27-2006, 01:08 PM

Holy crap Phil... when is the next Bash and are the 'Sistahs' invited this time? Where in NY do you fit this little slice of heaven?
Looks to me like we'll be seeing ya on HGTV before we see ya on FoodNetwork. heheh...that's a teeny jab...I think you can take it.

That entire set-up is fantastic!! Do you have plans that I can buy for my yard?

lunchlady

BrooklynQ
10-27-2006, 03:06 PM

Holy crap Phil... when is the next Bash and are the 'Sistahs' invited this time? Where in NY do you fit this little slice of heaven?
Looks to me like we'll be seeing ya on HGTV before we see ya on FoodNetwork. heheh...that's a teeny jab...I think you can take it.

That entire set-up is fantastic!! Do you have plans that I can buy for my yard?

lunchlady

Phil's been on Food Network.
Me too.

Sledneck
10-27-2006, 03:15 PM
How about us guys who opened up our own beverage barns so we can cook and drink all day

wHERE ARE THE BEVERAGE PICS?

rbsnwngs
10-28-2006, 12:15 AM
do you really need to see me drunk

BBQchef33
10-28-2006, 10:10 AM
I spoke to Steve for a while last night, as did the wife..

I think, he thinks, we are officially nuts.

Not that theres anything wrong with that. :)

ultramag
10-28-2006, 10:19 AM
I spoke to Steve for a while last night, as did the wife..

I think, he thinks, we are officially nuts.

Not that theres anything wrong with that. :)

So......is he going to make or most gracious host famous? That is one awesome set up you got. I for one would like to see it on HGTV.

BBQchef33
10-28-2006, 10:28 AM
No clue i have to send more pics and some other info. He writes up a pitch, then it goes to the Network for the yay or nay. Im sure he'll stop in and visit us again... think we may have to start shippin him ribs and brisket. :)

Wine & Swine
10-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Phil, just to clarify we don't need this guy to certify you as nuts, and one day I hope to be just as nuts as you (I just need alot of work on my backyard and alot more time on this site!)

BBQchef33
10-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Phil, just to clarify we don't need this guy to certify you as nuts, and one day I hope to be just as nuts as you (I just need alot of work on my backyard and alot more time on this site!)

Whats this "you" crap? :twisted: re-read the post.. i specifically say "WE" and that was the collective "we". So.. welcome to the club.:mrgreen: :eusa_clap

Smoker
10-28-2006, 11:22 AM
I bet they end up showing some rich guys house who never actually uses any of the toys he wasted his money on. Lifestyles of the rich and boring.

lmno1
10-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Shame on all of you insane BBQ types. The odacity to say that we'll film some rich guy who doesn't play with his toys???? Okay, maybe that'll happen once or twice..

Seriously though, Phil and Sharyn(sp) are wonderful people and model citizens.... now, about those ribs and brisket?

Phil, you're the site master, so you can delete this post....but, guys who've been to a Phil BBQ, how is he about his grills? No one allowed near them? Do they have names? :wink:

BrooklynQ
10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
guys who've been to a Phil BBQ, how is he about his grills? No one allowed near them? Do they have names? :wink:

Phil's a slut. He lets anyone play with his cookers. I've stoked his fire and then played with his meat. And he liked it so much, he lets me do it again and again. :shock:

BBQchef33
10-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Ignore the ladies steve.

I owe you some pics. Expect them tomorrow. Had to dig the earlier ones off another computer.

BBQchef33
11-01-2006, 08:21 PM
this thread took a serious scrubbing..

Steve, i sent you a zip file with a load of pics.

BrooklynQ
11-01-2006, 09:52 PM
My mouth hurts. All that soup in it.

lmno1
11-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Phil, I never got the email with the zip. Did you send it last night?

SmokeInDaEye
11-02-2006, 12:50 PM
My mouth hurts. All that soup in it.

You should be thankful he didn't use SOAP!

BrooklynQ
11-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Lmao!